Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,730
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#508059 Jan 22, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> That is a horrible thing to say. You are very immature and combative.
nd this comes from the foul mouth that you are. Combative...lol

Location hidden

#508060 Jan 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no..But I think your string enough to resist anything that comes,from that source ..just a,guess??
You know,darn well exactly what you know,...say high to y our daddy o for me,..Lol..
Weirdest thing I saw,posted on here ...well except for a few,others I've seen.
Strange,ideas
My daddy is taking a nap right now. That's what old men do...lol I love them old father figure type men!!!!!

Location hidden

#508061 Jan 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>easy, just say these words.
GET THEE BEHIND ME, satan(sp. husker)
ok I will try this...lol

Location hidden

#508062 Jan 22, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> That is a horrible thing to say. You are very immature and combative.
I guess what you implyed about Rose and me and me and my Chihuahua was sugar and spice.....

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#508063 Jan 22, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG
You are implying that Jesus rebuked his mother. It is a prejudice you have....
....mine hour is not yet come.
You need to meditate on this part of the verse, in context with the first miracle of Jesus, and symbolic Wedding Feast in Revelation....
It is not a rebuke, but a declaration of what Mary asked of Jesus, and what he was willing to do for her, that is die on the Cross....
Peace
You are dealing with gospels that all rely on the earliest gospel, Mark, a polemic against the Jerusalem Assembly, as a source. That assembly was led by members of Jesus' family and closest associates.

The subsequent canonical gospels, while relying on Mark (or in John's case at least an UrMark if not Mark itself) as their touchstone nevertheless seek to soften Mark's rhetoric. But that does not change the overall tone and tenor of the gospels, which were decidedly anti-Jerusalem Assembly. Those gospels were written for Gentiles and against the decidedly Jewish yet closer following that centered itself in Jerusalem until that city's demise in 70 AD.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508064 Jan 22, 2014
Those who place high value on the word knowledge might want to claim they belong to one or another Gnostic religion.

But I suggest that all religions that preach that they own the one and only truth, are certain that they are full to capacity with KNOWLEDGE.

Gnostic simply means knowledge.

So what's the big deal with claiming a title for self, except to brag ABOUT self?

When it comes right "down to it" they were a strange lot of right-fighting believers in deed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In addition to Gnostic, Jewish, and Pauline Christianity, there were already many other versions of Christianity being taught. After the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, the Jewish Christian movement was scattered. Pauline and Gnostic Christianity were left as the dominant groups.
The Roman Empire legally recognized Pauline Christianity as a valid religion in 313 AD. Later in that century, in 380 AD, Roman Catholicism became the official religion of the Roman Empire. During the following 1000 years, Catholics were the only people recognized as Christians.

http://christianity.about.com/od/denomination...

Prince George, Canada

#508065 Jan 22, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you became a turncoat when you stopped being a Catholic and started opposing that group?
Why are you focusing on me rather than on the idea that had Mary and Jesus lived, they would have been turn-coats against Judaism and the Jews?

WHY???

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#508066 Jan 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you focusing on me rather than on the idea that had Mary and Jesus lived, they would have been turn-coats against Judaism and the Jews?
WHY???
Well, first, they would not have been.

They were Jews.

After Jesus' death, his closest followers remained Jews, suggesting if Jesus wanted a revolution he wanted it within the Jewish religion, not outside.

Think not? Google the Incident at Antioch. His closest followers seemed to continue to follow Jewish law.

More importantly, I object to hypocrisy.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#508067 Jan 22, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I told you but your not listening....when you said that Jesus loved his mother more than Holy Scripture I disagreed with you. I know what they believe and I disagree with things that the do believe in. But guess what, your not going to change anyones mind are you? You haven't done it in all the years you all have been here have you? I get involved against you for the same reason you do it to me. There's your answer...
I'm not so gullible to believe anyone on here will suddenly change because they heard my argument. However, its important for the audience (if any exist) to hear a counter argument. I believe people rely soley on deceit to tear down the Catholic argument. I can show that.

Also, it gives me great comfort knowing that sincere Christians will undoubtedly acknowledge the truth in Catholicism once they hear it. It took me a few hrs to convert a co-worker last year. Hrs not yrs. I didn't pursue it. Rather, he tried to show me my Biblical errors. He wasn't a fanatic fundie, so he listened to the Catholic side- which he was deprived of while being a born again Christian. When people hear our side, they stumble and stutter. They put themselves far from the truth in the Catholic AND Orthodox faiths.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#508068 Jan 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Why doesn't the Roman Catholic church sell all of it's possessions and feed the poor. Let's throw the pope in the street and get rid of his little hat and long robe. Then the Roman Catholic church can ask others to give.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/21/pope ...
<quoted text>
What's wrong tango dumbo. Did I hit a nerve with your perverted friend the pope. Maybe he is saving all of his money to buy a new little hat and some little boys. Just sayin
I think it's interesting that you condemn others for not doing things your aren't willing to do yourself.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#508069 Jan 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is reserved for you Tony17. You and your butty of course.
Who was it that said, "Judge not that ye be not judged."?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#508070 Jan 22, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me one example of such....
Pick anything.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#508071 Jan 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we are all created by God, BUT, if you do not BELIEVE in His Son, will you be SAVED?
That's up to God.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#508072 Jan 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY???
I don't blame them.You're a train wreck.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#508073 Jan 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it fun to claim that proof of everything we desire to believe exists, and what we don't desire to believe doesn't exist???
It's quite the game of ... "I'll tell it MY way."
:)
I'll take your limited response to mean that you don't have proof "...that Christianity as a whole is a lie."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#508074 Jan 22, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Why doesn't the Roman Catholic church sell all of it's possessions and feed the poor. Let's throw the pope in the street and get rid of his little hat and long robe. Then the Roman Catholic church can ask others to give.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/21/pope ...
<quoted text>
What's wrong tango dumbo. Did I hit a nerve with your perverted friend the pope. Maybe he is saving all of his money to buy a new little hat and some little boys. Just sayin
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's interesting that you condemn others for not doing things your aren't willing to do yourself.
First, you have no idea what I do. Secondly, I condemn no one. The word of God convicts and I do not condemn.

Prince George, Canada

#508075 Jan 22, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
After Jesus' death, his closest followers remained Jews, suggesting if Jesus wanted a revolution he wanted it within the Jewish religion, not outside.
This is exactly what I have been stating for a long while.

Within the framework of theology ...had Mary and Jesus lived, they would not have left Judaism. They would have instead corrected and encouraged wayward Jews such as were the Catholics, to follow pure and unadulterated Judaism.

And that would do away with not only Christianity ... but also with Islam.

Prince George, Canada

#508076 Jan 22, 2014
Theology is mass of messes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica

About the Gnostic Mass, Crowley wrote in The Confessions of Aleister Crowley, "... the Ritual of the Gnostic Catholic Church ... I prepared for the use of the O.T.O., the central ceremony of its public and private celebration, corresponding to the Mass of the Roman Catholic Church."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecclesia_Gnostic...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#508077 Jan 22, 2014
Have the Roman Catholics on this forum sang this little tune?
DAILY, DAILY, SING TO MARY
1. Daily, daily sing to Mary
Sing, my soul, her praises due;
All her feasts, her actions worship,
With the heart's devotion true.
Lost in wond'ring contemplation,
Be her Majesty confess'd;
Call her Mother, call her Virgin,
Happy Mother, Virgin blest.
2. She is mighty to deliver;
Call her, trust her lovingly;
When the tempest rages round thee,
She will calm the troubled sea.
Gifts of heaven she has given,
Noble Lady, to our race;
She the Queen who decks her subject,
With the light of God's own grace....
Source: A Catechism of Christian Doctrine (No. 1), prepared and enjoined by order of the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore, bearing the Imprimatur of the Catholic Church, Copyright 1885, by J. L. Spalding, published by P. J. Kennedy & Sons, printers to the Holy Apostolic See, 44 Barclay St., New York, page 51.
The above citations show that the movement now underway to infallibly proclaim Mary the Co-redeemer and Mediatrix of all graces, as well as the other Marian dogmas already proclaimed, are rooted in the deepest, darkest apostasy and blasphemy about Mary that one can imagine. Mary is worshiped as being in a position approaching divinity, with omnipotence, supreme power and authority, that supposedly even her obedient son Jesus cannot oppose her will.
It should be stated, most emphatically, that I believe most Roman Catholics are quite unaware of these particular teachings, and that they would probably deny believing what is presented here. It is hoped, that by reading this article, sincere truth-seeking Roman Catholics will come to recognize the apostate doctrines that they have been taught for so many years.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet, you found a writing from a 19th century private devotional poem.(lifted no doubt from a fanatical website) is your name Concerned if Rockford now?
Debunk Catholicism without lying and I'll leave the CC today.
You told us that Roman theology has never changed. Now you are condemning a 19th century song which was sung by millions.

Old cly???or liam??? or whatever, said, quote, "Debunk Catholicism without lying and I'll leave the CC today." End quote.

The Roman Catholic church debunks itself by the hour. And finally, you have been lied to for so long you would not know the truth if it fell on you.

Prince George, Canada

#508078 Jan 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not so gullible to believe anyone on here will suddenly change because they heard my argument.
Maybe they don't believe that your mind-SET is aligned to the mindset of a savior ... as do you, and every other preacher of Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Dr_Zorderz 259,578
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min mike 601,118
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 10 min DEMI Lovato 1,852
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Lyndi 173,702
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Stilgar Fifrawi 739,551
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Patrick n Angela 227,595
The Anti-Christ 54 min Bev Jamison 8

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••