Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687370 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507827 Jan 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post your support on how you know this detail about "God".
According to this evidence - your "God" was a mistake.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...
10 Sophia of the Epinoia, being an Aeon, thought a thought from within herself and the thought of the invisible Spirit and Foreknowledge. She willed a likeness to appear from within herself without the will of the Spirit—It had not approved—and without her partner and without his consideration. For the countenance of her masculinity did not approve, and she had not found her partner. She deliberated apart from the will of the Spirit and the understanding of her partner. She brought forth.
Because of the unconquerable power within her, her thought did not remain idle. And an imperfect product appeared from her, and it was different from her pattern because she created it without her partner. And it was not patterned after the likeness of its Mother, for it had a different form. When she saw (the product of) her will, it was dif­ferent, a model of a lion-faced serpent. His eyes were like flashing fires of lightning. She cast him out from her, outside of those places so that none among the immortals might see him, for she had cre­ated him in ignorance.
And she surrounded him with a luminous cloud. And she placed a throne in the midst of the cloud in order that no one might see him except the holy Spirit, who is called the mother of the living. She named him Yaltabaoth. This is the Chief Ruler, the one who got a great power from his Mother.
11 And he withdrew from her and he abandoned the placed where he had been born. He seized (another place). He created for himself another aeon inside a blaze of luminous fire, which still exists now.
If you notice in section 11 - the place is not of what one would think to be "heaven".
Maybe you are worshiping the wrong god?
You seek proof. I can only offer faith and the teaching for the Catholic Church.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#507828 Jan 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you put your faith in religion ... your god was the first one to cast stones. If he really existed, he would force people to love him, or make sure they pay the piper for NOT loving him.
Religion creates sickness IN humans that otherwise might have a chance at being healthy.
Stop being the turd in the punch bowl June.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#507829 Jan 21, 2014
This is what happens to people that are indoctrinated by religion and refuse to learn anything new.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Homosexuality can be cured like other ‘bodily deficiencies’ such as high blood pressure: new cardinal

MADRID and ROME — Spain’s newly appointed cardinal to Rome has insisted that homosexuality can be cured with treatment and likened it to other “bodily deficiencies” such as high blood pressure.

The comments by Fernando Sebastian Aguilar, who was named one of 19 new cardinals by Pope Francis last week, provoked an immediate backlash in Spain.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/01/20/homos...
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507830 Jan 21, 2014
<quoted text>
The same guy who said:
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".
Why don't you believe Jesus?
My question was,'Who was that said, "Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone."?'
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#507831 Jan 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think God can't provide equal opportunity for people who have never seen a church or heard the name of Jesus you don't have a very clear concept of God.
Do you realize how many humans die from starvation every day???

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#507832 Jan 21, 2014
OldJG. Would you kindly do something for me? Step to hell and take a shortcut.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507833 Jan 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Please provide proof for your claim.
Personally, I was created by my Mom and Dad.
Why do you dishonor your Mother and Father?
I assure you that neither of my parents would feel dishonored by my claim that we are all created by God.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507835 Jan 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't include me in your willingness to suffer and then thank the god for your suffering.
That is not my style.
And I certainly don't believe that if a deity existed, that the deity would deserve thanks or worship for creating non-human animals to suffer non-stop.
Religion is BUNK ... and that includes your "specialty."
You don't have to be willing to suffer. You don't have to believe in God. Your choice.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#507836 Jan 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is it do you perceive that must be learned?
Lots.

Why are still sitting here talking to me?

You don't want to miss out, do you?
truth

Perth, Australia

#507837 Jan 21, 2014
starvation=gladna usta Boga nemole
truth

Perth, Australia

#507838 Jan 21, 2014
see find in scripture
as warning
where will be hunger and deprive=wicket desolation

hunger=gladna usta Boga nemole

Albuquerque, NM

#507839 Jan 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
You seek proof. I can only offer faith and the teaching for the Catholic Church.
Nah - I've found the proof I need - to know and understand that Christianity as a whole is a lie.

You don't have to promote an egotistical belief either, I used to be a supposed Catholic.

It is a failed experiment.

Albuquerque, NM

#507840 Jan 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
My question was,'Who was that said, "Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone."?'
And if you don't know, why are you not looking it up yourself?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#507841 Jan 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, you ran from my earlier questions:
Do you love your KJV more than Mary?
Yes or no.
Do you think Jesus loves your KJV more than Mary, His Mother?
Yes or no.
I think this is what Protestantism evolved to: You elevated the collection of sacred scriptures to a god itself. You use it to trash the very dear Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ, who He loves more more than your KJV. We imitate the Lord by honoring and loving His Mother. Is that so hard to understand?
At the foot of the cross, Jesus gave Mary to John. Yrs later, He gave Mary to all his Church. Is that also hard to understand?
The "collection of sacred scriptures" Are the words of God. The Theotokos herself set an example for us by humbling herself and FOLLOWING the word of God. We also imitate the Theotokos by loving and following the word of God...

Albuquerque, NM

#507842 Jan 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I assure you that neither of my parents would feel dishonored by my claim that we are all created by God.
Yet - you dishonor them by not giving them credit for you being here.

Shame on you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#507843 Jan 21, 2014
Holy Scripture's come before the Theotokos.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507844 Jan 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you put your faith in religion ... your god was the first one to cast stones. If he really existed, he would force people to love him, or make sure they pay the piper for NOT loving him.
Religion creates sickness IN humans that otherwise might have a chance at being healthy.
Rather presumptuous of you to decide what God would or wouldn't do. I don't think you can get sick by loving God and your fellow man. It is the purpose of religion to bring us closer to the one God who made us all. To the extent that men misuse religion for other purposes I can understand that such a shortcoming of men might create sickness.

Love God. Love your neighbor. Enjoy eternity.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507845 Jan 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize how many humans die from starvation every day???
No. Do you realize how many humans are destined to spend eternity with God???
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507846 Jan 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Nah - I've found the proof I need - to know and understand that Christianity as a whole is a lie.
You don't have to promote an egotistical belief either, I used to be a supposed Catholic.
It is a failed experiment.
You have proof "...that Christianity as a whole is a lie."? I don't think so.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507847 Jan 21, 2014
<quoted text>
And if you don't know, why are you not looking it up yourself?
Figured it out when I was a little kid by listening to all of the Scripture readings at Mass every morning. I just figured you didn't know and wanted some proof. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min dotard tracker 31,342
MY hot aunt 21 min Mr M 3
Little Jojo 24 min Johnny 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 29 min Johnny 30
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 987,386
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 1 hr Cheated 269
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,490
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,596
More from around the web