Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688469 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507049 Jan 18, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One more,time,..
We,studied about God...about stories,from the,Old,T the,passion..the,apostles,were lessons,..The,Catechism was,our study book ..NOT A,BIBLE,
I DID NOT SAY I LACKED KNOWKEDGE,OF CHRIST ..I jus,did not have bible,study as you all hAve today ...And yes,there is,a,difference ...
We,read,Gospel and,Epistles,.
I never knew,the book it all came from ...the,BIBLE,..the books..the verses,..etc...Until I ACTUALLY READ,A,BIBLE..
This,is,a big deal about the fAct we did not have bibles in Catholic School ...when I was a,student .
And I've,said,it way too many tines,.I'm done...
Reread,my other half dozen posts,on the,subject please,..
Peace,...
So what you're saying is you read Bible selections at every Mass and you studied the meaning of the Bible in Religion class. Is that accurate?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#507050 Jan 18, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>then the nun was lying, or broke her vows. People are human. But I rerally doubt your story, you are a Catholic hater. and would do anything to discredit Christ's church, Christ's bride.
People are human???

Servants of supposed perfect gods are not supposed to behalf as humans.

That is what is so silly about religion.

I could care less if a nun had a baby. But the man who impregnated her I suggest would not want the public to know who was the "proud" father.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#507051 Jan 18, 2014
behave as humans
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507052 Jan 18, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
FYI
I'VE GIVEN..:/;) e story books,and,BIBLES,go my grandkids,and kids,.
I got a,grandmothers,Bible from.my daughter for Christmas,..inscribed .
NOW I HAVE BIBLE s,...
It isn't the Churches fault you didn't have one at home when you were a kid. Our family Bible goes back a number of generations; probably to a time before you were born. Evidently our family thought it was important to have a family Bible to read at home instead of just reading Scripture from the Missals we also had at home. Your family didn't. No big deal, but I think it's more than a little misleading to claim you were raised without "Bible study" in Catholic school when you studied Scripture from books even though your school didn't give you a Bible to hold in your hands. I don't understand why you think there's an advantage to holding a Bible over studying Scripture.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507053 Jan 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: I noticed you have not refuted one word I posted!!!! Because you can't....the truth is the truth.....even if it should come from the Pink Rabbit....
If you want to pick at what the Vatican says try quoting from a Vatican website instead of making up quotes. There isn't any point in wasting time refuting what you make up on your own. You'll just make up more. At least now we know who provides you with the information you use in your arguments.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#507054 Jan 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Others who have different religion beliefs care that you preach at them that they are stupid and you are wise.
That "inspires" them want to preach their religious "certainties" back at you.
And that is what kept the fires burning as supposed heretics were the ongoing fuel of those who were certain that they were servants of "God."
I won't burn you if you tell me to shove it when I tell you I hope you find peace with God before you die. I promise.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#507055 Jan 18, 2014
Vatican Admits Priests are Raping Nuns Around the World

The reports, some of which are recent and some of which have been in circulation for at least seven years, said that such priests had demanded sex in exchange for favours, such as certification to work in a given diocese.

In extreme instances, the priests had made nuns pregnant and then encouraged them to have abortions.

http://atheism.about.com/b/2011/03/23/vatican...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#507056 Jan 18, 2014
Reading tomorrow's Sunday comics, I came across "Get Fuzzy:
Darby Conley wrote:
<quoted text>

Rob: Bucky, military coups have nothing to do with chicken coops.

Bucky: Well, all military coops are chicken coops. But not all chicken coops are militarized, true.

Satchel: Hm.

Rob: Ignore him, Satchel.

Bucky: Bad idea. Fowl threats are silent but deadly.

Rob: "Coop" and Coup" are different words.

Bucky: Both derived from "coo": to lull one into a false sense of safety before being killed by birds.

Rob: My head hurts. Ow.

Bucky: Not half as much as it would if an armed and bloody chicken coop got hold of you.

Satchel: "Armed"? I'm not sure that's chickenally correct.

Bucky: Whatever. I'm done with chickens. I'm writing the truth about Captain Cook: He was killed by a nearsighted booby.

Bucky: Remind me, was Cook killed on his first or second voyage?

Satchel: First, I bet.

Rob: Ow.
Somehow it reminded me of this thread.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#507057 Jan 18, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why you think there's an advantage to holding a Bible over studying Scripture.
It's all ego-based ... no matter who reads it or studies it.

You believe you are wise and others who read the same book are dumb.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507058 Jan 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell a non Christians by this words!!!!
I notice you didn't elaborate any more on "MURDER" after my statement.
You asked me if I was saying your god is a murderer.
I told you if your god killed innocents and innocent babies he is worse than a murderer.
I will ask again...
What/ who died in the great flood?
What and who died in Sodom and Gomorrah?
You expected a direct answer from me...
You got it.
I expect a direct answer from you as well---
NOT DEFLECTION AND INNUENDO. like "You can tell a non Christians by this words!!!!"
If you didn't want to hear the undeniable truth as an answer, you should have never asked the question.
Did you think I was so "afraid" to offend you or your god or anyone else that I would not tell the truth? If you did, you are terribly wrong.
Now it's your turn to be honest and direct.
Are you up to being a man, or are you going to cower and not admit the truth?

YOU instituted this line of Q&A Ox.
Now answer the question.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#507059 Jan 18, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't burn you if you tell me to shove it when I tell you I hope you find peace with God before you die. I promise.
I don't perceive that you are at peace. You are too busy foisting your doctrines off on others in the haughty attitude that you know truth ... and that, in turn, has become your continual BAD habit.

If you were at peace, I suggest you would have no need to preach AT others that they will go to hell if they don't believe as you believe.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#507060 Jan 18, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to pick at what the Vatican says try quoting from a Vatican website instead of making up quotes. There isn't any point in wasting time refuting what you make up on your own. You'll just make up more. At least now we know who provides you with the information you use in your arguments.
BTW: I noticed you have not refuted one word I posted!!!! Because you can't....the truth is the truth.....even if it should come from the Pink Rabbit....

Location hidden

#507061 Jan 18, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you didn't elaborate any more on "MURDER" after my statement.
You asked me if I was saying your god is a murderer.
I told you if your god killed innocents and innocent babies he is worse than a murderer.
I will ask again...
What/ who died in the great flood?
What and who died in Sodom and Gomorrah?
You expected a direct answer from me...
You got it.
I expect a direct answer from you as well---
NOT DEFLECTION AND INNUENDO. like "You can tell a non Christians by this words!!!!"
If you didn't want to hear the undeniable truth as an answer, you should have never asked the question.
Did you think I was so "afraid" to offend you or your god or anyone else that I would not tell the truth? If you did, you are terribly wrong.
Now it's your turn to be honest and direct.
Are you up to being a man, or are you going to cower and not admit the truth?
YOU instituted this line of Q&A Ox.
Now answer the question.
You should not tell lies than can be so easily proven so!!!!!

For those who call God a murderer....for those whose words say they believe God broke His own Commandment "Thou shalt do no murder"....

God is not only the Creator but he is also the Judge of all the earth. All men and nations stand before His judgment bar. The moral law and the Christian ethic judge both sinner and saint. Beyond all human laws, customs, and opinions there is one divine Law which remains absolute and unchanging. Men may break themselves and their civilizations upon that Law but the Law itself stands forever. The judgments of the Almighty are true and everlasting.

The Judge of All the Earth

One of the early stories recorded in the Book of Genesis has some searching words: "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:25.) It is the story of the projected destruction of Sodom for its sinfulness, and Abraham protests that the Judge of all the earth will surely not slay the righteous with the wicked! Thus in one sentence both the judgment and the mercy of God are suggested. These two motifs are found throughout the Bible, and together they are imbedded in the Christian faith. To take away either is to withdraw from the other something vital and indispensable.

Yet God’s mercy and judgment have not always been held in proper balance. The experienced fact of human sinfulness and the promise of salvation through the unmerited forgiveness of sin have placed much emphasis on divine judgment in traditional Christian thinking. Both the Old and New Testaments refer many times to the wrath of God. The apocalyptic passages in the New Testament also contain a number of statements of which this one at the conclusion of the parable of the weeds is typical: "The Son of man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father." (Matthew 13 :41-43.)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#507062 Jan 18, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't burn you
That's only because the laws of the land state that if you set a fire to someone as being a heretic, you will be incarcerated.

That law put an end to Christians who had been up to that time following god's will of burning "sinners" at the stake.

Religion ought to have been what was put to death.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507063 Jan 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Einstein, for one, found solace in his revolutionary sense of time. In March 1955, when his lifelong friend Michele Besso died, he wrote a letter consoling Besso’s family:“Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.”
Rovelli senses another temporal breakthrough just around the corner.“Einstein’s 1905 paper came out and suddenly changed people’s thinking about space-time. We’re again in the middle of something like that,” he says. When the dust settles, time—whatever it may be—could turn out to be even stranger and more illusory than even Einstein could imagine.
http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/in-no-ti ...
Einstein was wrong. He was wrong about e=mc2, and also about time relation because of the inaccuracy of the equation.

Location hidden

#507064 Jan 18, 2014
For those who call God a murderer....for those whose words say they believe God broke His own Commandment "Thou shalt do no murder"....continued

It is not surprising, therefore, that there developed very early a doctrine of heaven and hell with a sharp separation of the righteous from the wicked at death and the eternal punishment and torment of the latter. So deeply imbedded is this concept that, as was noted earlier, many people have trouble in thinking of salvation in any other terms than those of escaping hell and reaching heaven after death. They cannot conceive of it in any other fashion,

In recent years the belief in hell has waned among Protestants partly because of the difficulty of locating it in space but more from the conviction that a loving God would not want to condemn anyone -- even a hardened sinner, to say nothing of a kind and highly moral person who is not a Christian -- to endless torment. The ancient question "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" leads us, as it led Abraham, to think that it would not be right for God to be so destructive.

As a consequence, we sometimes get too sentimental about the loving-kindness of God and forget that he is exacting as well as loving. The belief in a "fire and brimstone" hell we may well surrender; we shall say more about this later. But we cannot overlook the belief in divine judgment -- and with it divine punishment -- without distorting the Christian faith. So, what may we believe about it ?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#507066 Jan 18, 2014
who="Husker" <quoted text>then the nun was lying, or broke her vows. People are human. But I rerally doubt your story, you are a Catholic hater. and would do anything to discredit Christ's church, Christ's bride.

----------
That 'story' is easy to find on Yahoo's news today.
As for discrediting your church, a person who throws as much mud as you do at women on this forum needs no help to discredit anything.
A nun who breaks her vows is no more a sinner than a person who speaks the language that you do against others.
That is one of the reasons that I question the validity of your church.
Sweeten up your act, and people will more readily believe you....

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#507067 Jan 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't perceive that you are at peace. You are too busy foisting your doctrines off on others in the haughty attitude that you know truth ... and that, in turn, has become your continual BAD habit.
If you were at peace, I suggest you would have no need to preach AT others that they will go to hell if they don't believe as you believe.
Don't think I've ever said that June.

You remind me of one of the leopards St. Ignatius wrote about at they were trucking him off to Rome.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#507068 Jan 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's only because the laws of the land state that if you set a fire to someone as being a heretic, you will be incarcerated.
That law put an end to Christians who had been up to that time following god's will of burning "sinners" at the stake.
Religion ought to have been what was put to death.
Peace be with you June.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507069 Jan 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me one example of which you falsely accuse me...
I am not falsely accusing you at all; therefore I cannot provide any such example.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 19 min American Independent 36,172
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 42 min scienceanswersall 6,540
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min scienceanswersall 988,404
How did black people get here ( economically) 7 hr Johnny 58
United 175 hit the south [email protected] 8 hr Doctor REALITY 2
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 8 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 hr scienceanswersall 619,813
More from around the web