Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695802 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#506791 Jan 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They simply lust to tamper with the scriptures that they find pleasing to their emotional needs.
That scripture about Jehovah creating good AND EVIL baffles them, and some of them claim that evil doesn't even mean evil when in that context.
How funny.
Yet when they refer to me as being evil ... they fully comprehend what the word means in THAT context.
It's difficult to understand the minds of those who produced writings from the early Bronze Age.

One must be guided by one's own ego, or a distant hierarchy.

The problem is that Biblical meanings change for virtually every generation - hierarchy or not.

Back to the question -- Did their god create evil?

The "truth" depends on the era (decade or century) and the location where you ask that question.

They are confused and angry because they worship an angry, murdering, vengeful, and immoral god.

I worship the one true God, who has NEVER ordered any human to harm any other human.

THAT ALONE is all the proof one should need.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#506792 Jan 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as the Jews,looked on th e or scriptures that were not all written in one day ..
The EX-Jews tampered with the literature of the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism.

The EX-Jews wrote that a man named Jesus chose to leave Judaism as a yucky religion and become baptized by John the Catholic saint into Catholicism in the river Jordon.

I suggest that you are correct that the EX-Jews didn't write that story in one day. It took time for them to conjure those images as being based on real circumstances.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

con·jure

verb

make (something) appear unexpectedly or seemingly from nowhere as if by magic.

https://www.google.ca/#q=conjure+definition
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506793 Jan 17, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
It's difficult to understand the minds of those who produced writings from the early Bronze Age.
One must be guided by one's own ego, or a distant hierarchy.
The problem is that Biblical meanings change for virtually every generation - hierarchy or not.
Back to the question -- Did their god create evil?
The "truth" depends on the era (decade or century) and the location where you ask that question.
They are confused and angry because they worship an angry, murdering, vengeful, and immoral god.
I worship the one true God, who has NEVER ordered any human to harm any other human.
THAT ALONE is all the proof one should need.
Ramen
I suggest that the first man on earth to conjure images of gods in his imagination received a tremendous amount of admiration and awe from other humans. He probably impressed them with mental pictures of how the gods appeared to him, and informed them of what the gods thought and expected of humans.

Religion is no different today than it was then. It's "foundation" is trenched in nothing but emotional fantasy.

Orlando, FL

#506794 Jan 17, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
and why would I explain the rooster crowing...
thanks for making my point.
Thanks Ramen Noodles
You won't because you can't. But that wasn't even the topic of my post. I had challenged your explanation using later verses of the same Book of Genesis.

Again...

By your reading, when your god was referring to "light" in Genesis, god was referring to himself. OK, lets see?

"So God made the two larger lights, the sun to rule over the day and the moon to rule over the night; he also made the stars."

Are the sun, moon and stars other gods maybe? They are by your definition, spiritual dumbo.

Again, somebody needs to tell tell your god that the Sun IS a star, and that the moon is NOT a light, but simply reflecting the light from the sun.

MY one true God knows that, duh.

When I am jamming in Heaven, you will be back in school with your idiot god learning about the universe. That is the only ticket to Heaven - truth.

I am here for you.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506795 Jan 17, 2014
I suggest (concerning theology)... you consider this image.

Had John the Baptist offered to baptize Jesus, and Jesus refused by stating that he preferred to stay in Judaism as a Jewish rabbi ... the foundation of Christianity would have been MUTE as there would have been nothing more to say on the subject.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#506796 Jan 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your PRIDE in the idea that your grandson will be indoctrinated in a Christian-school bespeaks of a woman who is certain that Christianity "of your brand" is very special, and is most certainly aligned to the composition of God.
and you gotta prob with this, why?

every child in the public school system gets indoctrinated with the theory of evolution in hopes that in the future our society will be aligned to the composition of antichrist.

go for broke, baby, and may the true Christ reign over His enemies forever!

Orlando, FL

#506797 Jan 17, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your concepts tell you it is wrong to kill another human being?
What a simplton question.

OK, except for witches (and many others).

By your "moral code," tens of thousands of witches were killed because it was OK by your immoral god.

You have no morals when you have an immoral god. That''s why most murderers in the Americas are Christian (Protestant and Catholic).

That's why the most religious countries in the world have the highest crime rates.

Immoral gods.

Ramen

Orlando, FL

#506798 Jan 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that the first man on earth to conjure images of gods in his imagination received a tremendous amount of admiration and awe from other humans. He probably impressed them with mental pictures of how the gods appeared to him, and informed them of what the gods thought and expected of humans.
Religion is no different today than it was then. It's "foundation" is trenched in nothing but emotional fantasy.
\

There is a drawing of my God on ancient cave walls.

More proof.

Ramen

Orlando, FL

#506799 Jan 17, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Grams, I don't think you're evil but you are pathetic.
Now...
how do you judge what is right and wrong?
Forgive her.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506800 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
You won't because you can't. But that wasn't even the topic of my post. I had challenged your explanation using later verses of the same Book of Genesis.
In the early religions ... whether or not the word used for creation was Genesis or another word ... the fact is, that if they believed in a creator, they all believed that the universe was created by the creator.

Christianity had no dibs on starting THAT myth.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#506801 Jan 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Woman in distress ... "I'm going to have an abortion."
Christian ... "You want to murder your baby??? That is horrible!!!"
"Your husband is a soldier. He murdered many adults during his time in the war, yet you are proud of him. Why do you show no mercy for me?"
Christian ... "I don't want to talk about it."
You know June - this may be one of your many posts that you have posted, that has substance.

It shows - logic, murder, perception, inconsiderateness, care, thoughtfulness, ruthlessness, and probably many other viable recognizable expressions of traits.

If only individuals would realize how words can make people understand, instead of cause them to make things up - the way they think they should be.

Cheers!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506802 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Forgive her.
Ramen
In order for them to believe that they are NOT pathetic, it is necessary for them to believe that I AM pathetic.

One-up-man-ship ... to the end of "times."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

one-up·man·ship (wn-pmn-shp) also one-ups·man·ship (-ps-)
n. Informal
The art of outdoing or showing up a rival or competitor, as in exploits, privileges, or honors.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/one-upmanshi...
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506803 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Again...
By your reading, when your god was referring to "light" in Genesis, god was referring to himself. OK, lets see?
"So God made the two larger lights, the sun to rule over the day and the moon to rule over the night; he also made the stars."
Are the sun, moon and stars other gods maybe? They are by your definition, spiritual dumbo.
Again, somebody needs to tell tell your god that the Sun IS a star, and that the moon is NOT a light, but simply reflecting the light from the sun.
MY one true God knows that, duh.
When I am jamming in Heaven, you will be back in school with your idiot god learning about the universe. That is the only ticket to Heaven - truth.
I am here for you.
Ramen
rotflau!! thanks for the insight Ramen Noodles.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506804 Jan 17, 2014
Religion in based on "honors."

If you don't have honors, you are LOST.

It was written in all religions ... so it must be true.

:)

Orlando, FL

#506805 Jan 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In the early religions ... whether or not the word used for creation was Genesis or another word ... the fact is, that if they believed in a creator, they all believed that the universe was created by the creator.
Christianity had no dibs on starting THAT myth.
Ramen to that.

There is almost NOTHING new in Christianity. It's all stolen or recycled from other religions.

My God has not been copied, because mine is the one true God, not some phony re-run.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506806 Jan 17, 2014
The giggling dalai lama honors his self with the belief of Nirvana for those "SUCH AS HE" who have attained "enlightenment."

He leaves the dishonors to the "untouchables."

How handy is THAT???

Orlando, FL

#506807 Jan 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In order for them to believe that they are NOT pathetic, it is necessary for them to believe that I AM pathetic.
One-up-man-ship ... to the end of "times."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
one-up·man·ship (wn-pmn-shp) also one-ups·man·ship (-ps-)
n. Informal
The art of outdoing or showing up a rival or competitor, as in exploits, privileges, or honors.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/one-upmanshi...
I can only say one thing for sure.

You own this board. They dance to your words - while completely ignoring the words of their own, supposed god.

THAT is powerful June.

Now don't get too high-minded, because these are followers of an immoral, untrue god. Their minds are mush. So they are easy to own.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#506808 Jan 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The EX-Jews tampered with the literature of the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism.
The EX-Jews wrote that a man named Jesus chose to leave Judaism as a yucky religion and become baptized by John the Catholic saint into Catholicism in the river Jordon.
I suggest that you are correct that the EX-Jews didn't write that story in one day. It took time for them to conjure those images as being based on real circumstances.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
con·jure
verb
make (something) appear unexpectedly or seemingly from nowhere as if by magic.
https://www.google.ca/#q=conjure+definition
june june june....how about you stick to being knowledgable about your theories like life and order coming from random chaos and we'll stick to being knowleadgeble about what we're interested in.

anyone who's not insanely PROUD understands that we can't be experts in all things, and particularly in those things we don't even believe in....

Orlando, FL

#506809 Jan 17, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
rotflau!! thanks for the insight Ramen Noodles.
Are you giving up so easily? Come on, try.

Again....

By your reading, when your god was referring to "light" in Genesis, god was referring to himself.

OK, lets see?

Are the sun, moon and stars other gods maybe? They are by your idiotic definition.

Let's take it one at a time. Just explain why your moronic god thinks the moon is a light source.

Then like your previous fundie "explanation, the Bible itself will make a fool out of you.

Suggestion - check out the "explanations" in the Catholic Catechism. They have been doing this for over 1000 years and they are much better thought-out than your uneducated, hick translations.

Yes, even the Catholic delusion makes more sense than your come-lately dribble.

The truth has NOTHING to fear from 21st century scientific knowledge. But you do. I wonder why?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

United States

#506810 Jan 17, 2014
Liam wrote:
Don't get too comfortable. You are not saved yet.
http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-facing-un-showd...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Gotti 60,612
Holy Gospel of Donald Trump (Mar '16) 4 min Geronimo Spirit 18
News Trump: Dem Memo a 'Bust,' Confirms Actions That... 8 min discocrisco 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Tellthetruth 993,867
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 23 min Doctor REALITY 40
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,792
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,507
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web