Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,443)

Showing posts 488,841 - 488,860 of512,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
The Integrity of the Orthodox Church
This is the Church that took the wrath of the Ottomans rather than accept the condition the Western church required of them ( accept thew Pope) before the Western Church would help protect them.
This is a church who representatives of the Lutheran Church asked to join after the Reformation and refused, based on DOCTRINE.
This is a Church that let the Coptics, Non Chalcedonians split from them on DOCTRINE.
The Orthodox Church cares about Truth, not numbers.
The Catholic Church, on the other hand,accepted Barbarians, Arians, etc into their Church while they held onto Barbarian gods.
The Catholic Church accepted Eastern Rite into the Catholic Church while allowing them to also keep their beliefs as long as they acknowledged the Pope.They were just not allowed to teach their beliefs.
Some Eastern Rite accept some Cath beliefs, some accept all, some accept none of the beliefs except the ones that match their Eastern beliefs.
That ,in no way is true union.
The political correctness I see in some Orthodox at present is some of the Patriarchs talking ecumenism and reunion.
The Patriarchs and the Ecumenical Patriarch have no more defacto power than a common Bishop.
The Church includes also all the Priests, Presbyters, and people.
No disrespect, this is history.
Greetings Herme

Peace

Well, if its history, who am I to argue about it?(smiles)

I am presently a bit saddened by the "modern" Mass. For me there are to many cultures involved.

So for me it is better to just keep focused on Jesus Christ in a personal way. In general, I find myself walking in the waysides, avoiding crowds when possible, and staying away from the city as well.

I think people are suited for the Great Commission in differing ways.

Let the "big boys" talk about ecumenism, I am happy for them. But I am happier with Jesus....

Peace
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> using your senerio...then why are you holding a grudge against what I said mon ths ago in fact a year ago?? You must not be a Christian IMO..
Anthony is a Christian. He even has a baptism certificate and cup to prove it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Funny.
You will make comments upon semantics that you can't verify, and then play it off as if you can answer it.
a. BT asked the question, not me. Strike one.
b. "in his own words" is really a discredit to BT, yes - because we all know Jesus didn't write anything down himself, so "his words" are actually not his words.
+ Meaning, if you aren't paying attention - there are no words by Jesus in his own words.
You promote these semantics, but can't accept the semantics that shuts down your religion, huh?
*sighs*
<quoted text>
Is this your response? I'll take it as you being ignorant of the topic and avoidance of answering.
Saying - "I don't know" wouldn't have shown your honesty, but you chose not to.
You sound like the typical Catholic - always double talking, and then running away after you have been found out for being dishonest.
New Age Spiritual Leader

Peace

I am not sure where you are with "Oxbow", so I thought it might be prudent to mention that there are things going on externally and internally, and that both of these views have a sort of offensive and defensive strategy to them.

I am not clever enough to believe everything that I read on the internet. Maybe some people are.(smiles). But sometimes double talk is just a way of isolating oneself to find an answer, if there is one to be had....

Have a great day!

Peace

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Herme
Peace
Well, if its history, who am I to argue about it?(smiles)
I am presently a bit saddened by the "modern" Mass. For me there are to many cultures involved.
So for me it is better to just keep focused on Jesus Christ in a personal way. In general, I find myself walking in the waysides, avoiding crowds when possible, and staying away from the city as well.
I think people are suited for the Great Commission in differing ways.
Let the "big boys" talk about ecumenism, I am happy for them. But I am happier with Jesus....
Peace
Jesus always must remain at the center. Of our life. Of our heart. Blessings

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to understand the Bible. Your own words.
"why is that atheists believe the Bible contradicts itself when in reality you just don't understand it."
Look in the mirror if you dare. You are preaching.
Admit it. You believe you understand the Bible and denomination that disagrees with your understanding is wrong. Yes or no?
Ramen
The all believe they understand the bible exactly as "God" wants them to understand the bible.

If they thought for even one moment that they were going against "God's" will, they would literally shit their pants ... because they also comprehend the issue of hell and rejection from the supposed god.

From my perception, all religion is disqualified bunk!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> and that was many months ago...I think it is YOU that needs to mature and stop digging for a fight....You and clay both going back and forth trying to provoke me...and you call yourself a Christian.....
Not provoking you sera. If you recall it was your snarky post to me the other day. I haven't addressed a post to you in months. Let's let bygones be bygones. Blessings.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what's funny!!! You and your friend June go on a public forum to argue about something you don't believe in.
Not a lot going on huh? lol
What's funny about it???

I used to also be under the spell of religion, until I decided that if I didn't believe in the religious "concepts" of others, I was being totally unfair when I favored ONLY my own.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

The Integrity of the Orthodox Church
This is the Church that took the wrath of the Ottomans rather than accept the condition the Western church required of them ( accept thew Pope) before the Western Church would help protect them.
This is a church who representatives of the Lutheran Church asked to join after the Reformation and refused, based on DOCTRINE.
This is a Church that let the Coptics, Non Chalcedonians split from them on DOCTRINE.
The Orthodox Church cares about Truth, not numbers.
The Catholic Church, on the other hand,accepted Barbarians, Arians, etc into their Church while they held onto Barbarian gods.
The Catholic Church accepted Eastern Rite into the Catholic Church while allowing them to also keep their beliefs as long as they acknowledged the Pope.They were just not allowed to teach their beliefs.
Some Eastern Rite accept some Cath beliefs, some accept all, some accept none of the beliefs except the ones that match their Eastern beliefs.
That ,in no way is true union.
The political correctness I see in some Orthodox at present is some of the Patriarchs talking ecumenism and reunion.
The Patriarchs and the Ecumenical Patriarch have no more defacto power than a common Bishop.
The Church includes also all the Priests, Presbyters, and people.
No disrespect, this is history.
The Lutherans were as barbaric as were the Catholics.

The Lutherans had to have huge military support to defeat the military of the Catholic hierarchy that was out to kill them all as "heretics."

You are defending Protestants simply because you ARE PROUD of the title.

It was Protestants that killed other Protestants in Salem Massachusetts as being witches. It was Protestants killing each other in America that finally resulted in the supposed founding fathers separating government from religion.

Your belief in your religion as being holy is based on nothing but arrogance and ignorance on your part.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just atheists. You need to think deeper. It's also, deists, agnostics, and anyone of virtually any other religion.
The contradictions are obvious. Anyone can come in after the fact and "explain."
The problem is -- no two explanations are the same. Your "explaining" is different from the Catholic church's "explaining" I'll wager.
Delusions always require "explaining."
If the Bible were indeed written by a god, then it would be self-evident, with no "explaining" required.
How many different "explainings" can you find for this one?
What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?
Before the cock crow - MAT 26:34
Before the cock crow twice - MAR 14:30
A real God like mine would get things like that correct. Your delusional god can't write at the high school level.
Gods R Delusions

You have a point. And the point I see is that one should not believe or project into what they read. However, if one does not interact with what they read, then you are reducing the brain to merely a hard drive with software.

So the point of Peter's denial, is that which you left off, which is that he denied Jesus three times before the cock crowed. And that is in the first three gospels. The point you make is that Mark says the cock crowed twice, while Matthew says the cock crowed....More or less, the cock crowed. I don't think there is much spiritual significance to whether it did so once or twice, or 10 times. But for you, if you think so, then so be it....

Maybe the second crow was a bit garbled?(smiles)

Peace

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Does anyone honestly believe that the Lutherans would have referred to the Prince as WISE if he had sided with the Catholics???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Frederick the Wise

He protected Martin Luther from the Pope's enforcement of the edict by faking a highway attack on Luther's way back to Wittenberg, abducting and then hiding him at Wartburg Castle following the Diet of Worms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_III,_E...
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny about it???
I used to also be under the spell of religion, until I decided that if I didn't believe in the religious "concepts" of others, I was being totally unfair when I favored ONLY my own.
lol...who takes time out of their day to debate something they don't believe in. Oh yeah you do!!! lol

The "spell of religion"...you have no idea what that tells me. Again, religion has nothing....nothing to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

You grew up with religion which is why you are lost and bitter.

Grams...I don't believe in evolution. Hey...you think I should go on that forum and scream evolution is bunk!!! lol you're a joke

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

<quoted text> Jesus always must remain at the center. Of our life. Of our heart. Blessings
Herme

That seems to be a point which a lot of people forget in all the minutia they discuss, namely Jesus must remain at the center.

I am less concerned with a persons church affiliation, that their relationship, and the effect in their lives of Jesus and following the Holy Spirit. I think it becomes self-evident in time. And one can prudently judge for themselves whether they are making spiritual progress in their lives, and those around them.

And that brings one to the case, if I am not affecting others in a "positive" spiritual way, then is it time for me to change, or to change the circumstances in which a person finds himself....

The difficulty in resolving a "change" rests in that we must always consider we are not worthy of the kingdom of heaven, and are as worthless slaves, to which we must seek to become better....

Peace and Blessing to you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Concerned in Brasser....Ant....Clay....

He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God. The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme
That seems to be a point which a lot of people forget in all the minutia they discuss, namely Jesus must remain at the center.
I am less concerned with a persons church affiliation, that their relationship, and the effect in their lives of Jesus and following the Holy Spirit. I think it becomes self-evident in time. And one can prudently judge for themselves whether they are making spiritual progress in their lives, and those around them.
And that brings one to the case, if I am not affecting others in a "positive" spiritual way, then is it time for me to change, or to change the circumstances in which a person finds himself....
The difficulty in resolving a "change" rests in that we must always consider we are not worthy of the kingdom of heaven, and are as worthless slaves, to which we must seek to become better....
Peace and Blessing to you.
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Do you really believe that these are not worthy of the Kingdom of God???
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"If it does not contradict scripture and is beneficial we embrace it and allow freedom to flourish and diversify to flourish."
What is your authority to make this judgement? Why does it override other protestants who say you're wrong?
"Like in the NT when you see diversity as the Jews did in the NT church"
They were of one mind and one body. Per scripture.
"If you think as the world does you will be like Anthony, you will be dishonest in "
Your sources are amateurish. They cherry pick particular phrases and ignore the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Are you EVER going to give me an example of early Christians who were bible alone protestant evangelical fundamentalists?
The only amateur here is you Anthony, you are the greased big running around in circles repeating yourself

You offer no proof to your accusations they are empty accusations.

You are dishonest because you keep doing it over and over again in the hope I suppose if you post it enough you can brain wash weak minded people.

God gave all of us free will to choose that is the authority by which we all decide GOD he gives all free will to choose, what is authority, the ability to make decisions for one's life.

You have done the same you have decided with your own free will to believe your sects dogma. all be blindly with ever really testing it in light of biblical and historical evidence.

Who are you of yourself to decide this?

This is the RCC circular hypocrite reasoning we can't interpret with out someone else but at the end of the day you have to interpret the interpretation on your own,

At the end of the day we all interpret the scripture either directly or by interpreting an interpreters interpretation.

Anything else is impossible.

So unlike you I go to the source you rely on Men who's past of Inquisition, debauchery, crusades torture murder and lies etc. abounds.

You in your pride refuse to believe you made a mistake.

Hence all your hear say.

It would be quite laughable if not for the eternal consequences for your soul.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Russians have a lot of scepticism about the west because of the destructive secularism and humanism overtaking our society. Notice how they respond to the militant homosexuals in the eastern countries. They didn't like JP II because of Poland and the "Uniates", but seemed good with his theology. I think they were genuinely happy when Benedict was elected. He's such as scholar and student of antiquity. I'm not sure how they feel about Francis yet, but I have a feeling he'll surprise all of us. Yes, the papacy is the real issue. It seems the more humble and accommodating a pope is to the hard feelings the east still harbors towards Rome, the better the relations. Nothing short of complete acquiescence on our part re their demands on the role of the papacy will move them I think at this time. Unfortunately I think there are some serious threats to Christianity on a world-wide scale, I have a feeling things are going to get very bad for us all, that leaders in both Churches will put away the pettiness and realize the danger, which may just be the impetus for reunification. Just my humble opinion.
Just a,thought .

You have the,early Christian Fathers,..the,Churches,..the,C ouncils,...they agree,on some things,and,disagree,on others,..they agree on the,Scriptures,.
They function in their own areas,.

The,ROMSN CHURCH decides,it's,PRIMACY over others,declares,a,POPE,...And becomes,a,main force in European politics,...can you not see,that this,is,where the,first PROTESTS came,from..yes,Luther protested against the,Roman Church and practices,...

Jesus,declared,GOD THE FATHER AS,the,Only Holy Father ...

Now,as,for uniting despite,differences,..I think we,Christians,as,a,whole,shoul d,focus,..on Christ and,Evangelism..
When they start persecutions..they won't care which CHURCH ...to empty ...

Again just a,thought ...
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Calvin, Luther, Zwingli?
Since you reject most of what they believed, does that mean you've "grown"?
I post through Anthony here to those who are honest and practice fair play in a debate.

Here once again this prideful man tries to imply through a lie that I reject most of what the reformers believe.

He chooses to ignore the word grow.

When a tree grows it builds on top of that which came before it, it does not reject its trunk it builds on top of it.

He shows two reasons, Anthony does in this post why he is disingenuous, he acts like he does not know what a metaphor is and then he makes a statement that I reject something when in no shape way or form have I posted that or have I done that.

He is using evil dishonest tactics to defend the indefensible actions of men called Popes
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
Does anyone honestly believe that the Lutherans would have referred to the Prince as WISE if he had sided with the Catholics???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Frederick the Wise
He protected Martin Luther from the Pope's enforcement of the edict by faking a highway attack on Luther's way back to Wittenberg, abducting and then hiding him at Wartburg Castle following the Diet of Worms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_III,_E...
Did someone say wise?!!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
CIB
"There's a difference between you and I. I, as a Catholic believe in the development of doctrine -- that, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Church can and does come to deeper appreciations of facets in the Deposit of Faith left to us by the Apostles. Jesus promised as much in John 16:13. You, however, believe that the Faith is static -- frozen solidly in the pages of a recorded document....And that this recorded document is all we have. Well, if that's the case, then it necessarily follows that you MUST be able to show that your interpretation of this document is consistent and repeatable for anyone (in whatever age) who reads the Biblical record. Yet, you admit that you cannot show this. Thus, you have no objective standard for your interpretation of the Sacred Scriptures. Thus, how can you say that your interpretation is any better than mine?? You can't. Not with objective certainty. Thus, you follow a religion based on personal opinion -- the very thing condemned in 2 Peter 1:20-21 & 2:1-3. You do not share "one Faith" (Ephesians 4:1-6) with the Christians who came before you. You do not share unity with them....And nor do you care. You are most certainly a relativist."
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num19.htm
Great dialogue here. I suggest you take some time and read it.
Stink weed by any other name still STINKS

Again you are running around in circles, and avoiding the elephant in the room.

YOUR Popes new and novel doctrines over a millennium contradict the words spoken and written down by God the father God the Son God the Holy Spirit and his Apostles teachings in the NT.

Like I have stated in the past you love your Sect not God and his word your actions tell me it is so.

You put Men's thoughts ahead of God's you are evil to do so.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Many women are afraid to adopt there babies out , as the adoptive parents might in turn be terrible monsters that mistreat the child. I suggest it is often more humane to have an abortion and in turn know that the suffering that is certain in many ways after birth will NOT occur.
If there's a creator, then it is up to the creator to decide whether the woman deserves punishment for having the abortion. I suggest it is not your place to decide, even though theologians gave you the "impression" that it IS holy to use your bible to bully others as evil sinners.
And if there is a spirit that the creator puts in the fetus, there's no rule against him taking it back to where (according to the theologians) the creator wants it to end it's life for eternity.
Religion is plain silly nonsense.
What is nonsense is your reasoning, if its OK for the mother to decide its OK that the individual human being in her womb is better off dismembered or burned alive with ACID than its equally OK for me to say there has been more suffering caused by Atheists in History (FACT) then any other Belief system in human history thus its OK that I dismember you and your kind alive.

That is the natural conclusion of your illogical irrational b.s. you are evil and your thoughts are immoral.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 488,841 - 488,860 of512,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

622 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min RiversideRedneck 680,329
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Go Le Gay Levi GO 109,632
Which Group Needs To Be Deported? 3 min Johnny 120
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 4 min Jolly 23,830
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min VIKING WARRIOR 440,842
body to body massage abu-dhabi.massage at abu d... (May '13) 10 min kareen 37
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Catcher1 217,056
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 28 min ryanm654321 258
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 14 hr sakib 47