Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685847 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#506687 Jan 16, 2014
LTM wrote:
The following day Williams met with the principal.
“The principal confirmed that Brynn’s teacher did the appropriate thing by stopping her mid-presentation and there are specific education codes that protect the school,” Williams said.“
The principal then asked Brynn, who had tears in her eyes, to come into her office and deliver the same presentation that was censored in the classroom. Afterwards, the principal stood by her decision.
“She confirmed there was no way Brynn could finish that presentation,” the disappointed mom told me. It was to protect the other students from being offended by Brynn’s presentation.”
The principal reportedly told her that Brynn could write about her beliefs in a journal but she was not allowed to share her beliefs aloud to any other student.
Tyler sent a letter to the school district demanding they apologize to Brynn and change their policies limiting religious liberty.
“The disapproval and hostility that Christian students have come to experience in our nation’s public schools has become epidemic,” he said, warning that should the school district ignore their concerns, they will file a lawsuit.
The school district sent me the following statement:
“The Temecula Valley Unified School District respects all students’ rights under the Constitution and takes very seriously any allegation of discrimination. Due to the fact that District officials are currently investigating the allegations, it would be inappropriate to provide further comment at this time.”
It’s not the first time the school district has found itself in hot water over religious liberty violations. Last October, a seventh grade student was publicly ridiculed by a teacher for reading the Bible. The classroom assignment had been to read a non-fiction book. The teacher told the student in front of the class that the Bible was fiction and refused to give him credit for the assignment.
Tyler said it’s clear that the district violated Brynn’s constitutional rights.
“Any act to suppress a student’s free speech, in this case censorship of Brynn’s presentation of her family traditions, has violated Brynn’s constitutional rights unless the school district can reasonably conclude that Brynn’s speech was going to materially and substantially disrupt the school’s work or discipline,” he wrote in a letter to the school district.“Here, the school district cannot reasonably come to that conclusion.”
So here’s the way I see it. The school district either:
1.Made a gross mistake;
2.Is ignorant of the Constitution;
3.Is infested with radical secularists who like to bully Christian children:
4.All of the above.
What happened inside that classroom is nothing short of un-American. I don’t know about you, but I’m getting tired of my tax dollars being used to pay the salaries of public school teachers who humiliate and bully Christian boys and girls.
How would you feel if Brynn was your daughter?
Disgusting ..And they wonder why parents,home school or do without a lot to send Kids,to
CHRISTIAN school ...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#506688 Jan 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't you???? In my fifth grade class???? Oh well..as,usual she goes,to the,Lowe common denominator ...
Sigh
Filthy, disgusting mouth . is always a sign of intelligence.. Another keeper..lol
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#506689 Jan 16, 2014
As is plain, the Muslims didn't need a Jesus-myth to start their offshoot of Judaism. They used and use the mythology of a holy one they refer to as the Mahdi.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Chronology of Medieval Christianity

Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Islam. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed.

Location hidden

#506690 Jan 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly..who isn't ..Lol ..they even have meds,they advertise on tv about it
lol your preach'en to the choir...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506691 Jan 16, 2014
Mah·di

/&#712;mäd&#275;/

noun

(in popular Muslim belief) a spiritual and temporal leader who will rule before the end of the world and restore religion and justice.

https://www.google.ca/#q=Mahdi+definition

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#506692 Jan 16, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I know...lol Hey did you read what Husky's filthy mouth posted about me and you...lol
Yes I just read it ..

Low. And where her mind goes I guess ..sadly ..

And .to try to make a,point about Of all things,St Peter ...????,

Location hidden

#506693 Jan 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't you???? In my fifth grade class???? Oh well..as,usual she goes,to the,Lowe common denominator ...
Sigh
Sorry Rose...I didn't go to a catholic school .Maybe I should have LOL..
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506694 Jan 16, 2014
I suggest that if a man pretends he is a savior, some will receive him and some will reject him.

If some receive him as a savior, he will need body guards for those who will want to kill him.

:)

Location hidden

#506695 Jan 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting ..And they wonder why parents,home school or do without a lot to send Kids,to
CHRISTIAN school ...
My grand baby will be starting at a Christian school at 3....and its half a block from my house..Yippyyyy....
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506696 Jan 16, 2014
Of one issue I am quite certain ... and that is that you won't see a woman stating that SHE is even the first coming of a savior.

It's one issue for those who believe the goddess lives in the moon. It's quite another that she comes to earth to make an "appearance" as a female savior of humanity.

I can just imagine the boos and hisses from the male-theologians.

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506697 Jan 16, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> My grand baby will be starting at a Christian school at 3....and its half a block from my house..Yippyyyy....
She might grow up to be just like her grandma, and you will be SOOOOO PROUD.

But I pity the woman who wants to go to the clinic for her abortion with you and your granddaughter blocking her way in the belief that you are serving the big G.

Location hidden

#506698 Jan 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I just read it ..
Low. And where her mind goes I guess ..sadly ..
And .to try to make a,point about Of all things,St Peter ...????,
yep...makes no sense does it...I was shocked. Who thinks or stuff like that in a Christian forum?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#506699 Jan 16, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry Rose...I didn't go to a catholic school .Maybe I should have LOL..
I have to say ...in grade school we knew,nothing to discuss about it ...nothing at all.

I once asked a nun how could a,person have an immoral thought ...it made no sense ..I never got a n answer that did ..except they are sinful..

No idea,where that slur came from ....except imagination??'

Location hidden

#506700 Jan 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But I pity the woman who wants to go to the clinic for her abortion with you and your granddaughter blocking her way in the belief that you are serving the big G.
First off its a grand son. Second, he is not Orthodox. Third, at three he is already smarter than you. And fourth, I am done talking about abortion with you....your a bottomless pit of nothing.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#506701 Jan 16, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> My grand baby will be starting at a Christian school at 3....and its half a block from my house..Yippyyyy....
Lucky Grammy ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#506702 Jan 16, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Filthy, disgusting mouth . is always a sign of intelligence.. Another keeper..lol
You betcha.

Location hidden

#506703 Jan 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in abortion but in your case I believe in retroactive abortion.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#506704 Jan 16, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="marge" <quoted text>
The church is made of people and some of those people wrote the Bible by inspiration of the Holy Spirit so you can say the church came first I suppose. Anyway I would listen to what they say above all others, how about you Clay?
----------
Marge...The 'Word of God'(Jesus) is as old as God (eternal). The church (ecclesia, or 'called out ones ) is the people. The Word of God came first. It was...and still is...delivered to men (the church) by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. All men or groups who claim their writings to be inspired are not to be trusted (Mormons gold tablets, Islam's Koran, etc.). Nor are supposed 'histories' necessarily 'true'. We see many of these today, and lying political reports are certainly not 'history'. Good men combined the Old Testament books with trusted writings of the Apostles into what we know today as the Bible. For this reason we 'test' all doctrine by the Bible. That is why they call it Sola Scripture (scripture alone). KayMarie
Your right KayMarie I strayed a little trying to reason.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#506705 Jan 16, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called conspiracy Christianity. Salvation evidently wasn't that important. The Lord let His Ministry immediately get it all wrong until the Bible was printed. You make yourself believe that huh?
One problem that stands out is: how come you say the evangelical fundamentals are restoring bible alone Christianity to the way it was in the first century. Yet, you also say the Roman Catholic Church was responsible for messing it all up. 313 AD is the earliest possible date you could argue that with. Before that, Rome was the biggest persecutor of Christianity. It doesn't add up. Are you afraid to say that Clement, Linus, Ignatius, Polycarp and other men who knew the Apostles, messed it up and NOT the "Roman" Catholic Church?
Also, if Bible alone was the will of the Lord, where is the list of books He gave us? Where is the list of books the Apostles gave us? You see the enormous problem with sola scripture, but you cling to it anyway. That means the Bible is your idol.
I don't recall any list of "books" any "creator" has ever been accredited to have actually written and deposited as it's law...anywhere in any history, including those which you folks include as canon. Had any omnipotent creator done so, such an important and obviously explicable article(s) would have been appropriated accordingly, and made available to the entire world population at and from the very beginning, and for all time, articulating perfectly an absolute truth and understanding to all, lest the creator itself be found to be less than omnipotent and therefore imperfect.
I have yet to find this set of conditions in "any" religion today, nor in the whole of the past history(s) of the world as of yet.
What I "have" witnessed is merely the claims of several particular priesthoods that they have the truth based upon the words of "men" who claim to have "known" this omnipotent deity(or entertained a "messenger" of the deity), or experienced an epiphany in vision or dream. Most all of which were in a distant past and unreproveable in actuality. Every "priesthood" in history is interconnected with "lords" of the time(s), and often overpowered(or strived to) those "overseers of men" and instituted a governing theocracy with their own ideology supplanting the preceding office. This new theocracy now having acquired absolute power through the control of religious and political control, and in an effort to remain above reproach in any of their institutions and actions deemed their source(s) "ineffable", and their teachings unquestionable as "holy works"...
That is NOT the work of an omnipotent creator. It IS, in fact, the work of corrupted priesthoods that have afflicted society since the beginning of"known" history...and I stress "known".
All one needs do is look at the atrocity, deception, and progression of each and every particular one to find that they were/are, in themselves, atrocity, and detrimental to human society.
Can't ya see the forest for the trees?
What I witness above(as an example) is folks arguing about spots on a leopard...the very leopard, that if either pricks or doesn't satiate to it's desire, will indeed devour them...not the work of an omnipotent creator, but the result of the workings of men...very possessive controlling men.

Location hidden

#506706 Jan 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say ...in grade school we knew,nothing to discuss about it ...nothing at all.
I once asked a nun how could a,person have an immoral thought ...it made no sense ..I never got a n answer that did ..except they are sinful..
No idea,where that slur came from ....except imagination??'
You know that I was baptized catholic but never raised catholic. My dad told me that when I was little the nuns would come to our house to get my father to bring me to church. And I would run and hide crying the boogieman was here the boogieman was here. I don't remember this. Both my mother and grandmother were devout catholics. And before they both died they made my father promise to raise me and my brothers up in the catholic faith which he never did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Tm Cln 26,877
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 1 hr Downlowinfo42069 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 985,728
Snitxh 5 hr Downlowinfo42069 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 hr Jake999 6,452
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 13 hr Classic 4,294
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 15 hr Red Crosse 7
More from around the web