Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599317 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#506399 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that at times I am pathetic, but I don't agree that you were swift to learn knowledge, while others are pathetic for not agreeing with you.
As do all other believers, you simply have theories, and theories don't equate to anything more THAN theories.
You just cant resist enacting your defense of your own inferiority complex even if it requires you to fabricate outright lies over and over to justify it.
I'll let the record(posts) here speak for itself, while you continue to fabricate fantasy situations to justify your delusions.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#506400 Jan 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not ...however ..bible study as a,part of religious,education..going chapter ..or book was NOT a,part of our curriculum....
And though our family was Catholic on both sides,...sadly we did not study the bible Mr a home .
Things,changed after Vatican two..You must know,that
And great for you that your family was into family bible study
Any Protestant ancestors,...I'm curious,
We had missals,..catechism,..socialit y manuals,and devotionals,. No bible,
At one time,I knew most of the Mass in Latin ..
It's,really until recent decades,more of a,' in Catholic thing ..my kid leArned in grade school .
I read a good part of the bible using hers,...
Of course since I became born again....I have several.And I'm no scholar but retain a,lot for my age .
My Christmas gift from my daughter was a grandmother's bible ..Beautiful ..
And I know,NOW,..the Readings,at MASS are from the bible ..No clue when I was,younger ...
I remember the Latin Mass (Latin on one side of the Missal page and English on the other) and Vatican II. High School required two years of Latin with four available.

No Protestants that I'm aware of going back to all of my Grandparents.

In grade school we celebrated Mass every morning before school; so we read multiple sections from the Bible every day. It somehow happens that non-Catholics are surprised when Catholics quote from the Bible ("Pope says you can't read the Bible!"), but we read it every day when we were in school plus Religion class plus Sunday Mass. How is that not "Bible Study"?
truth

Perth, Australia

#506401 Jan 15, 2014
Why you think God is Englishman or American Or Canadian Or France and speak only your language?

People when pray they not obey law of others, people pray for things which they think its good for them in private life.

God can always hear prayers!
Are you very jealous of that?
truth

Perth, Australia

#506402 Jan 15, 2014
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#506403 Jan 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one can reject Jesus,and basically spit in the face of the,HOLY SPIRIT
Calling them to live with the Son.
He PAID the price for our SIN....offers,Grace to have FAITH in Him as Saviour .
Our choice to accept if or not .
Not sure I'd call that earning ...HE DID IT ..IT IS FINISHED ...do I accept His,death and acknowledge the Resurrection
Yes,
Is it spitting in the face of the Holy Spirit to produce acts in an effort to reserve Redemption, or is it spitting in the face of the Holy Spirit to relax and rely on faith alone?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#506404 Jan 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why then did they all profess the Catholic faith and claim membership in the Catholic Church and believe so differently than you if they were "bible alone"?
Of course all of these fathers professed to accept scripture AND tradition.
If a "bible alone" Christian comes to a completely different conclusion than you, sola scriptura is false.
So disingenuous on your part now there are two elephants in the Room you choose to ignore.

Their doctrine is way way closer to mine and in the essentials we are the same.

I profess to be a catholic christian Anthony just as they did I share their faith in Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior I follow his teachings and the Apostles as they did.

WE are simply not Roman Catholics like youself.

Many early church fathers did not believe in the real presence as I do, many did but for them as it is for me it was not an issue of salvation as the Apostles and Jesus did not say you had to believe in that doctrine one way or the other to be saved.

However your man made sect that came some 1000 years later makes it a matter of salvation and those who do not believe in the real presence are Anathema and thus not saved and condemned to Hell. All to control people so they would stay under Rome and give their tithes and indulgences to Rome who used them fraudulently.

What you fail to acknowledge is there catholic faith is not YOUR roman catholic faith your sect has brought a whole new novel meaning to it.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#506406 Jan 15, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> I can only tell you what I have researched and read from multiple sources. You must read the church histor re the barbarian invasions, the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, the Franks, the Arians to be apprised of how the Arians were incorporated into the Western Church.Again you must read some of the Eastern Rite literature to understand their confusion re how they are Catholic and at the same time how they keep some of their Eastern Practices.
The arians weren't allowed to keep worshiping Agni, the god of fire while receiving the Holy Eucharist in the Catholic Church. The Church didn't allow them to keep any of their other gods and still be Christian... Whatever book you read on that was a lie.

And its my understanding that the eastern rite Catholics have many different practices then the Roman Catholic west. Their Mass probably closely resembles yours. Some use the same Liturgical rite as the Orthodox. That's not an issue with Rome.
truth

Perth, Australia

#506407 Jan 15, 2014
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506408 Jan 15, 2014
"Bible alone" St. Hippolytus prayers to the saints for intercession;

"[Appealing to the three companions of Daniel] Think of me, I beseech you, so that I may achieve with you the same fate of martyrdom." Hippolytus of Rome, On Daniel, 11:30 (A.D. 204).

On baptism;

"But give me now your best attention, I pray you, for I wish to go back to the fountain of life, and to view the fountain that gushes with healing. The Father of immortality sent the immortal Son and Word into the world, who came to man in order to wash him with water and the Spirit; and He, begetting us again to incorruption of soul and body, breathed into us the breath (spirit) of life, and endued us with an incorruptible panoply. If, therefore, man has become immortal, he will also be God. And if he is made God by water and the Holy Spirit after the regeneration of the layer he is found to be also joint-heir with Christ after the resurrection from the dead. Wherefore I preach to this effect: Come, all ye kindreds of the nations, to the immortality of the baptism." Hippolytus of Rome, Discourse on the Holy Theophany, 8 (A.D. 217).

Is he your co-religionist?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506409 Jan 15, 2014
St. Hippolytus on infant baptism;

"And they shall baptise the little children first. And if they can answer for themselves, let them answer. But if they cannot, let their parents answer or someone from their family." Hippolytus of Rome, Apostolic Tradition, 21 (c. A.D. 215).

Do you baptize little children in your sect CIB?
truth

Perth, Australia

#506410 Jan 15, 2014
Yes God love you if you Catholic too..holy scripture is some.

My hand my lags my body my crown=straight on that cross..oh poor meeeee but i been there i give myself there on that Cross.

Its so nice be there on Cross oh what a great Power.
On Cross is everything complete.

Alive God +
Almighty God +
Powerful God +
Liam

Chicago, IL

#506411 Jan 15, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> I can only tell you what I have researched and read from multiple sources. You must read the church histor re the barbarian invasions, the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, the Franks, the Arians to be apprised of how the Arians were incorporated into the Western Church.Again you must read some of the Eastern Rite literature to understand their confusion re how they are Catholic and at the same time how they keep some of their Eastern Practices.
I learn something new everyday about my faith. Eastern rite Catholic Priests can be married.. Priestly celibacy is a Church discipline. The eastern Catholic Churches have their own sets of discipline regarding marriage. Is this the type of thing you meant when you said the CC allows for them to practice certain stuff as long as they don't talk about it?
truth

Perth, Australia

#506412 Jan 15, 2014
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#506413 Jan 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
"Bible alone " Tertullian on baptism;
"When, however, the prescript is laid down that 'without baptism, salvation is attainable by none" (chiefly on the ground of that declaration of the Lord, who says, "Unless one be born of water, he hath not life.'" Tertullian, On Baptism, 12:1 (A.D. 203).
Is he wrong on what the bible days about baptism.CIB? Is he your co-religionist?
NO he is not wrong but he did believe as you did he did not baptize babies he believed as I do that you had to be able to confess Jesus as Lord and Savior only an adult can do that by their own volition.

Infant baptism was introduced some 200 years after.

He beleieved you have to be baptized in the Spirit and to be baptized by water was the outward sign of an inward relatiy, it was also being obiedent to the commands of the Apostles.

But again it is the RCC that has to show she that she believes as did all the Early church, that is the RCC claim why she is the one true and only yadda yadda.

The RCC cannot demonstrate this as truth and goes around in ciricles like you are now refusing to acknowledge the Elephant in the room.

Instituting Inquisitions Anthony the confiscation of non believers property torturing them to believe in RCC dogma, murdering them, turning them over to the Pope appointed Kings of the day to be executed, all by Papal bull and decree and continued by 42 Popes over 400+ years alone defeats the notion the RCC is the one true yadda yadda in some apostolic succession of Peter.

The evidence SCREAMS no your sect is not it is just a sect and that is all. With some really bad history. Lots of cover ups and lies and lots of tyranny in Jesus's precious name.

Shame and humble pie should be Romes response but like yourself its all pride and arrogance.

Don't worry we expect Pharisees to act in this manner no surprise.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506414 Jan 15, 2014
"Bible alone" Eusebius on St. Peter;

“...Peter, that strongest and greatest of all the apostles, and the one who on account of his virtue was the speaker for all the others...” Eusebius, Ecclesiastical History, 2:14 (A.D. 325).

“And Peter,on whom the Church of Christ is built,'against which the gates of hell shall not prevail'” Eusebius, Ecclesiastical History, 6:25 (A.D. 325).

Do you agree with him that St. Peter is the rock on which Christ built His Church?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#506415 Jan 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
"Bible alone" St. Hippolytus prayers to the saints for intercession;
"[Appealing to the three companions of Daniel] Think of me, I beseech you, so that I may achieve with you the same fate of martyrdom." Hippolytus of Rome, On Daniel, 11:30 (A.D. 204).
On baptism;
"But give me now your best attention, I pray you, for I wish to go back to the fountain of life, and to view the fountain that gushes with healing. The Father of immortality sent the immortal Son and Word into the world, who came to man in order to wash him with water and the Spirit; and He, begetting us again to incorruption of soul and body, breathed into us the breath (spirit) of life, and endued us with an incorruptible panoply. If, therefore, man has become immortal, he will also be God. And if he is made God by water and the Holy Spirit after the regeneration of the layer he is found to be also joint-heir with Christ after the resurrection from the dead. Wherefore I preach to this effect: Come, all ye kindreds of the nations, to the immortality of the baptism." Hippolytus of Rome, Discourse on the Holy Theophany, 8 (A.D. 217).
Is he your co-religionist?
Yes

are you an idiot

This Man of antiquity believed as I do to water and SPIRIT and he to did not baptize babies.

Thanks you must be daft this quote supports me not you.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506416 Jan 15, 2014
CIB, every father you quote in your absurd quest to show they were "bible alone" held views contrary to what you believe and were self proclaimed Catholics in their beliefs.

Are you now saying that they were wrong in their interpretations of the bible alone and you, as a bible alone Christian 2000 years later finally got it right?
truth

Perth, Australia

#506417 Jan 15, 2014

see that hand

yep

on cross
no any Power exist
which can lift you up there

pray

dear god
you give me that Cross
Thank you
i take that over me in my marrige as well my life..my priest give me Cross as gift on day of my marrige..yee
give that to my wife not me

seeeeeeeeeeeeee my words
could you imagen when you look strong man he can't cary Cross..poor wife..ohhhhhhhhh

i take what ever you give me in this life

Are you willing lift me up on that Cross dear Jesus/

its been so beautifull know what stay on that Cross..

nobody there
noooooooooooooooooo
just CROSS
my body hand lags head crown mind
thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee
over my face i fill that hand..no no no
i come back
nisu mi mogli uzet moju dushu

I resist.

Did you hear what they doing earthly apostolic Paul13 in line apostol say what church need its take from you?

Are you for sure what they need from you or from me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506418 Jan 15, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
So disingenuous on your part now there are two elephants in the Room you choose to ignore.
Their doctrine is way way closer to mine and in the essentials we are the same.
I profess to be a catholic christian Anthony just as they did I share their faith in Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior I follow his teachings and the Apostles as they did.
WE are simply not Roman Catholics like youself.
Many early church fathers did not believe in the real presence as I do, many did but for them as it is for me it was not an issue of salvation as the Apostles and Jesus did not say you had to believe in that doctrine one way or the other to be saved.
However your man made sect that came some 1000 years later makes it a matter of salvation and those who do not believe in the real presence are Anathema and thus not saved and condemned to Hell. All to control people so they would stay under Rome and give their tithes and indulgences to Rome who used them fraudulently.
What you fail to acknowledge is there catholic faith is not YOUR roman catholic faith your sect has brought a whole new novel meaning to it.
"Their doctrine is way way closer to mine and in the essentials we are the same."

Hogwash. Once again I give you the opportunity to name one who held your protestant evangelical fundamentalist beliefs.
truth

Perth, Australia

#506419 Jan 15, 2014
Are you for sure Apostol paul Saul been there on Cross?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo
Who are you?

I am one which you prosecuted.

I give myself on that Cross as sign against my enemy and enimy of good people.

Against corrupt world.

There on Cross is so nice.

I am alive I walk between my attackers abusers and assaulter s accusers corrupt judges layers police and so on.
they serve each other not others remember that..

So what!!!
Are you for sure you not going tell them who they are?

better tell them who there are..

confess yourself all of you before something happen..

I walk in this city where nothing exist!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 863,699
The Christian Atheist debate 32 min Greezy 1,903
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Johnny 117
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 272,400
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,343
light skin men (Apr '13) 1 hr TheCritics 5
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr lightbeamrider 2,764
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 612,890
More from around the web