Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,436)

Showing posts 488,701 - 488,720 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

The laws of the land used to require humans in court-rooms to swear on the bible to tell the truth. It became such a joke, they gave it up as a hopeless case.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

In the Criminal Courts, Charges Law Prof Alan Dershowitz, Truth Is the First Casualty

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20082...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Image popes of old preaching "God ordains that heretics must be put to death because they are serving the devil."

REALLY???

Those who tried to contradict the popes were put to death.

I suggest that the popes stating that God was on their wave-length ... was a bald-faced LIE!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

"God is aligned to my exact wave-length."

"Why do you believe that is true???

"Because God knows what's best."

"Did you receive that information first-hand?"

"My Bible is a close enough 'call'!"

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I post through Anthony here to those who are honest and practice fair play in a debate.
Here once again this prideful man tries to imply through a lie that I reject most of what the reformers believe.
He chooses to ignore the word grow.
When a tree grows it builds on top of that which came before it, it does not reject its trunk it builds on top of it.
He shows two reasons, Anthony does in this post why he is disingenuous, he acts like he does not know what a metaphor is and then he makes a statement that I reject something when in no shape way or form have I posted that or have I done that.
He is using evil dishonest tactics to defend the indefensible actions of men called Popes
concerned in Brasil

Peace

I just had some 2 day old Feijoada, with rice. It was very, very good....(No hot spices, as most Cajuns)....

Peace

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Do you really believe that these are not worthy of the Kingdom of God???
Oxbow

Peace

I am not sure you understood what I was writing, because I don't understand your question.

Do you equate the Kingdom of God, with the kingdom of heaven?

And I am not the judge of who is worthy, nor do I set my beliefs on who is worthy. That is up to God and the individual....

Peace

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a hard time believing what you said.
You say The Catholic Church accepted Barbarians and Arians into their Church AND allowed them to keep their gods?? Where did you get that info?
And what beliefs are you talking about when you say the CC allows eastern rite Catholics to keep - as long as they don't publicly "teach their beliefs" ?
I see a potential reunion ticks you two off, so I won't talk about it again. I can't wait to see the joint Mass between Francis and Bartholomew in May though. ;-)
I can only tell you what I have researched and read from multiple sources. You must read the church histor re the barbarian invasions, the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, the Franks, the Arians to be apprised of how the Arians were incorporated into the Western Church.Again you must read some of the Eastern Rite literature to understand their confusion re how they are Catholic and at the same time how they keep some of their Eastern Practices.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not provoking you sera. If you recall it was your snarky post to me the other day. I haven't addressed a post to you in months. Let's let bygones be bygones. Blessings.
No I don't trust you and I don't trust clay now either...
samyaza ancient one

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
may i ask why you're still roman cath? you know rome doesn't don't have the authority anymore to torture and kill you for leaving their tyranny....
first let me begin by saying sorry it took long to answer your question. I work in the oil field, and the work is not hard , but the hours are long; but to answer your question there are for two reasons. 1st and foremost is a promise I made to my mother before she passed away to go back to church , and 2nd out of obedience towards my dad. by inviting me to go to church with him. my mom knew I didn't bow to lifeless objects.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The church shouldn't have passed it's bible off as being on truth ... as all the theologians in all religions did was grab at straws and claim that what they taught was truth.
Nonsensical drivel.
wiccan drivel

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Did someone say wise?!!
For posting in my name on other threads and bringing the fake posts back to this thread, I have decided not to converse with you again.

You might believe you were and are funny in using my name to state what I had no part in stating, but I don't take that issue as being at all funny. I see it as being very underhanded in deed.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> No I don't trust you and I don't trust clay now either...
Do you trust your self to believe that what you preach is aligned to the will of the supposed creator???
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I will intervene and suggest that Jehovah hasn't any time for either Catholics OR Protestants, as he's still focused on loving ONLY the Jews.
tongue in cheek
God loves all of His children. Even the wiccans like you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> I can only tell you what I have researched and read from multiple sources..
The "sources" were all aligned to the Protestant religion ... RIGHT???

I suggest you weren't bragging that literature put in place by Catholics was approved by "God."

That would mean that YOU were wrong and the Catholics were right, and that would never suit your emotional DESIRES now ... WOULD IT???

All preachers play to their selves and hope that others will believe them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a hard time believing what you said.
You say The Catholic Church accepted Barbarians and Arians into their Church AND allowed them to keep their gods?? Where did you get that info?
And what beliefs are you talking about when you say the CC allows eastern rite Catholics to keep - as long as they don't publicly "teach their beliefs" ?
I see a potential reunion ticks you two off, so I won't talk about it again. I can't wait to see the joint Mass between Francis and Bartholomew in May though. ;-)
You have a hard time believing because you refuse to believe that your church is could have done these things.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you trust your self to believe that what you preach is aligned to the will of the supposed creator???
why don't you go on a dating site and find yourself a man....

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
God loves all of His children.
Especially the ones that you believe he rejects to in turn spend eternity in hell.

You are see-through.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course you deem that "God's" thoughts are word for word aligned to YOUR divinely ORDAINED thoughts.
You might not be your best friend ... but I suggest that you are your own advocate in the attitude of "I preach nothing but the truth, so help me God ... and those who disagree with me preach nothing but lies ... so help me God."
:)
NO June you again avoid the issue

You advocate the murder of human beings, individuals, by burning them alive with ACID or dismembering them alive via a vacuum cleaner ripping them apart alive.

I align my thoughts to God's not the other way around.
You try to align the world to yours unfortunately yours are illogical irrational immoral and evil.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask any Catholic of that era about Bible Study....and you will get "What is Bible Study??"????
Most of the Catholics of that era that I know are quite familiar with the Bible. That can't happen without studying the Bible.

You're a strong example of someone from that era that may or may not have studied the Bible but clearly doesn't understand it.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
ITEM #1 POPE INNOCENT III
Pope Innocent III stated in 1199:
... to be reproved are those who translate into French the Gospels, the letters of Paul, the psalter, etc. They are moved by a certain love of Scripture in order to explain them clandestinely and to preach them to one another. The mysteries of the faith are not to explained rashly to anyone. Usually in fact, they cannot be understood by everyone but only by those who are qualified to understand them with informed intelligence. The depth of the divine Scriptures is such that not only the illiterate and uninitiated have difficulty understanding them, but also the educated and the gifted (Denzinger-Schönmetzer, Enchiridion Symbolorum 770-771)
Hogwash!!!! Christ said: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
And the Bible teaches we are to read dailly the Scripture to see if what we are being told is truth...
"These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so"
So you can read an approved translation to avoid heresy or you can read your own version

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> I can only tell you what I have researched and read from multiple sources. You must read the church histor re the barbarian invasions, the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, the Franks, the Arians to be apprised of how the Arians were incorporated into the Western Church.Again you must read some of the Eastern Rite literature to understand their confusion re how they are Catholic and at the same time how they keep some of their Eastern Practices.
Good to see,you..sent a,message but basically we,missed your wisdom

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 488,701 - 488,720 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

394 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Dave Nelson 223,983
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 6 min mamma-san 221,373
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 7 min MUQ1 36,492
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min dirty white boy- 719,926
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 22 min seriously the original 5,206
no strings sex in margate (Nov '10) 31 min johan 44
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min Pegasus 256,342
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr shyam 4,447
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr RATTYslayer 114,939