Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683939 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#506624 Jan 16, 2014
Theologians taught that Atheists were evil according to god ... so they must be treated as evil according to men.

That was quite a blow against any person who didn't follow their theology.

Yet the theologians wouldn't follow each other's theology.

However, because they did belong to their own specific cults ... they could not BE referred to as Atheists.

How handy was that for the theologians?

OOPS ... that word heretic also came in handy to use as an excuse to torture and murder others while following the will of the gods.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#506625 Jan 16, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is righteousness what you want or not?
If you and Concerned in Brazil are the representatives of "righteousness" then no. Lol.

If all scripture is profitable for righteousness (and I believe it is), then "All" means you need to reinstall the rest of the scripture Martin Luther took out.
AND if all scripture is profitable, then you absolutely need the correct interpretations. One correct interpretation is: Jesus Christ installed a Davidic hierarchy to carry on His Ministry. You removed them, so you already removed what would be "profitable for righteousness". Jesus installed the Eucharist as shown in scripture. You removed that too. Is scripture STILL profitable for righteousness for you? You can't dismantle what the scriptures say and still pretend you have the word of God. The Mormon and Jehovah's believe their interpretations are still the "word of God" too. And they'll quickly point out 2Tim 3:16 to make their case.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506626 Jan 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
But I duck pretty well....
Indeed ... you ought to be proud for being a qualified DUCKER!

You believe you duck all the evil ... and others suck it up as sponges for eternity.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506627 Jan 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that a god would want humans put to death by other humans???
That bespeaks of a vicious monster up in the sky ... PROUD and ARROGANT to the end of time, as he preaches that we must learn to be perfect as is his IMAGE!
Religion is BUNK ... and that includes your religious nonsensical gibberish.
It's the question that you can't answer huh Grams. If you can, you would.

You can't so you turn it back on me and my God.

How do you judge what is right and wrong?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#506628 Jan 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity you weren't around during the Civil War to set millions of good folks in the South straight. Collectively, they just had the wrong understanding of the Bible.
Heck, too bad the Catholic Pope during that time didn't take a stand on the issue, but rather was one of the very few that recognized the Southern States. He even wrote a nice letter of support, which was used by the South in an effort to increase Irish desertions.
It worked very briefly. There was a light increase in Irish Catholic desertions, but in the end, the Irish decided that they were Americans first. After all, nowhere in the Catholic world at the time was there democracy and codified human rights.
Gods R Delusions

Maybe I was there.(smiles)

This may seem like a deflection, but having enough history lessons, it all comes down to who does the storytelling. June is fanatical when it comes to using history, but since she wasn't there, the firsthand accounts are all prejudiced, and ipso facto viewed with prejudice, and hindsight by her.

Likewise, I view most of history likewise, I am to colored in my view to give an objective opinion. I think this is true of all people who had not witnessed an event.

With all the pundits around today, I rarely have the time to really investigate history. So my priorities are not the same as others. Using history as a proof to me is like using theories to prove science. Its kind of backwards....

I think overall, when it comes to history, I think it is useful to show trends, deciphering them takes an expert, which I am not....

Peace

Location hidden

#506629 Jan 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert F can feign that he is a nice guy ... but the religion on which Robert invests all of his faith attacks other religious messengers that disagree with the Catholic message as being fodder for the devil's hell.
And that is the sentiment of Robert's religious brain-MATTER!
There is a REASON he is a Catholic, and it is based on his LUST to believe he is (to GOD) very SPECIAL in DEED!
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
June

Peace

Just how Catholic do you think I am?

Do you mean Roman Catholic?

I got news for you. The first thing coming out of my mouth to God, is not that I am Roman Catholic.(smiles).

Peace
socci

Lawson, MO

#506630 Jan 16, 2014
Catholics are way off on Sabbath.

Video about Sabbath

For history about this.......
http://www.sabbathtosundaychange.com

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#506631 Jan 16, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong, and yeah, your that cheezy to daydream about having sex with rose and your dog.. You haven't a clue about your own religion , have you? You are wrong, and even secular history books say Peter was the first Pope. You can't deal with it so you will say i am mean to you and then post how my priest cusses. Grow up.
YOUR telling ME to grow up??? LOL Thanks for bringing lesbianism and beastiality to this forum. YOU finally contributed something you know about.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506632 Jan 16, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you and Concerned in Brazil are the representatives of "righteousness" then no. Lol.
If all scripture is profitable for righteousness (and I believe it is), then "All" means you need to reinstall the rest of the scripture Martin Luther took out.
AND if all scripture is profitable, then you absolutely need the correct interpretations. One correct interpretation is: Jesus Christ installed a Davidic hierarchy to carry on His Ministry. You removed them, so you already removed what would be "profitable for righteousness". Jesus installed the Eucharist as shown in scripture. You removed that too. Is scripture STILL profitable for righteousness for you? You can't dismantle what the scriptures say and still pretend you have the word of God. The Mormon and Jehovah's believe their interpretations are still the "word of God" too. And they'll quickly point out 2Tim 3:16 to make their case.
Again this is the question: Is righteousness what you want or not?

Just answer it. Don't need some stupid long drawn out reply about Mormons

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#506633 Jan 16, 2014
BlackburnBarry wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an all knowing all powerful god have competition?
the 'competition' is in order to help you make a decision since you have a free will. game over in the end and those who choose evil will get evil in reward for all eternity.

this isn't rocket science so let's stop pretending like you're not choosing evil and opposing God;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#506634 Jan 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You USE your bible to BULLY ... and you are PROUD!
you use your humanism to bully and you're prouder!

like i said, i'm not ignorant to his devices and don't take no shit from his lil butt-boys and girls;-)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#506635 Jan 16, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong, and yeah, your that cheezy to daydream about having sex with rose and your dog.. You haven't a clue about your own religion , have you? You are wrong, and even secular history books say Peter was the first Pope. You can't deal with it so you will say i am mean to you and then post how my priest cusses. Grow up.
You bragged that there was nothing wrong with your catholic priest cussing...In fact you were proud of it. So why are you offended when ever I mention it? I think it is YOU that can not handle what I say for it is YOU the starts with the dirty and gross comments. You are a great example of WHY people believe as they do about your church...keep up the good works...

Location hidden

#506636 Jan 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe you duck all the evil ... and others suck it up as sponges for eternity.
June

It would be easy to sucker punch....
You need to take it easy, its obvious to everyone. Your guard is always down, no defense! You just swing away....
So don't be a punching bag, I won't be one for you either, nor will I use you as one....
Time for some common sense June....

Relax.

Location hidden

#506637 Jan 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theologians taught that Atheists were evil according to god ... so they must be treated as evil according to men.
That was quite a blow against any person who didn't follow their theology.
Yet the theologians wouldn't follow each other's theology.
However, because they did belong to their own specific cults ... they could not BE referred to as Atheists.
How handy was that for the theologians?
OOPS ... that word heretic also came in handy to use as an excuse to torture and murder others while following the will of the gods.
June

There are always people that need to conform, and seek conformity in others....

Why do you want everyone to think as you do?

Aren't you becoming a theologian according to your own definition?

Isn't it better to think more deeply about things, than just surface appearances?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506638 Jan 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...you accuse Robert of being a ducker....LOL..

Ok lets try this again.

You have no standards so how do you judge what is right and wrong?

I guess you can be a hypocrite...YOU GOT NO STANDARDS!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506639 Jan 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how Catholic do you think I am?
You believe that your devotion to Catholicism will save you from eternal hell.

That ought to be Catholic enough for you???
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506640 Jan 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
It would be easy to sucker punch....
You need to take it easy, its obvious to everyone. Your guard is always down, no defense! You just swing away....
So don't be a punching bag, I won't be one for you either, nor will I use you as one....
Time for some common sense June....
Relax.
I won't sucker-punch others with the dogma that I will go to heaven and they will go to hell.

I'll leave that to you and your imaginary guardian angels.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506641 Jan 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax.
And abide by your dream-world???

NO thank you!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506642 Jan 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you use your humanism to bully and you're prouder!
hu·man·ism

n.

1. A system of thought that rejects religious beliefs and centers on humans and their values, capacities, and worth.

2. Concern with the interests, needs, and welfare of humans

3. Medicine The concept that concern for human interests, values, and dignity is of the utmost importance to the care of the sick.

4. The study of the humanities; learning in the liberal arts.

5. Humanism A cultural and intellectual movement of the Renaissance that emphasized secular concerns as a result of the rediscovery and study of the literature, art, and civilization of ancient Greece and Rome.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#506643 Jan 16, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you judge what is right and wrong?
If I don't want someone conning me, I try my best not to con others.

I don't appreciate those who try to con me into the idea that they will go to heaven and I will go to hell.

From my perception that is a major con-JOB.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 17,534
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 14 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Why Canada sucks (Oct '10) 1 hr quebec sucks 573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 983,266
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 619,711
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 2 hr eli_mitchell137 2
Looking for girls to snapchat 3 hr aldenmorgan737 3
More from around the web