Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,316
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#506356 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite obvious that you believe you are civilized, and others are not civilized.
It's comparable to the word holy. Some believe they are holy ... at the expense of those they believe are evil.
The word civilized is a dream that lives in your own imagination to prove to your self that you are a giant step ABOVE the NORM.
Hah hah hah...Projection, pastor June!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#506357 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to your perception, God wants women who have abortions to die from lack of health care ... in back alleys and home-type abortions ... because God believes the women are evil???
You are on quite a TRIP!
No June you do, you are the only one here advocating volitional murder of another human being Intentionally.

God advocates sex within the institution of marriage so the child the human being has a mother and father to raise them in a loving relationship.

90%+ of all abortions are single women out of wedlock who chose to have sex contrary to God's advice which is to have it only in a committed marriage relationship. It is because these woman are selfish and looking for instant gratification that they murder the life created inside their wombs.
So they can continue in their sinful casual sexual lifestyles.

If we were to eliminate just the abortions on the basis of inconvenience we eliminate 99% of all abortions. Less than 1 % of abortions are due to rape incest or the threat of the mother's life.

Don't let the facts hit you in the head on the way out of this thread.

You advocate murder of innocent human life you are evil

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506358 Jan 15, 2014
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html ...

BLACK IS WHITE; AN ARGUMENT FROM ETYMOLOGY

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#506359 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Flim-Flam … by James Randi
The Giggling Guru
Astonishingly enough, the Maharishi, seeing his enrollment figures dropping, unleashed upon the world the outrageous claim that he was offering a special course—to experienced meditators only—that would enable them to perform miracles. And no spike-through-the-tongue or asleep-on-a-bed-of-nails stuff either. Real miracles were promised those who came up with the required sum. Believers were told by the Great Guru that it was within their reach to soar about the skies by power of mind alone, to become invisible at will, and to walk through solid walls. For a mere pittance of $3,000 they were offered lessons in these arts, and the guru himself announced in 1978 on TV (“The Merv Griffin Show”) that he had enrolled some forty thousand students in the course! How many had learned to levitate? Declared the Great Guru:“Thousands!” But this great throng of soaring lotus-eaters has yet to be seen by mere mortals such as myself.
Sexy Sadie This song was about the Maharishi.(sounds similar)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506360 Jan 15, 2014
Angels are never dressed in black ... "heaven" forbid.

Angels are never perceived as evil ... "heaven" forbid.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506361 Jan 15, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
You advocate murder of innocent human life you are evil
When will you burn me at the stake as a kindness to God???

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#506362 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you trust your self to believe that what you preach is aligned to the will of the supposed creator???
Do you trust your self to believe that what you preach is aligned to the .Truth (capital T) ou are basically preaching absolutes ie philosophy. Although you disdain philosophy and theology you have a very particular one.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506363 Jan 15, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah hah hah...Projection, pastor June!
Do you believe that all humans in this era ARE as civilized as you perceive is the case with YOU?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506364 Jan 15, 2014
I suggest that in the minds of those who believe they are above average intelligence and worth ... the term civilized is synonymous with the word morality.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Final Inequality, by L. J. Ludovici………..

Morals at any given moment have always been as good, or as bad, as our imaginations credit them, for the morals (from the Latin, mores: customs) means simply customs, and they keep changing all the time in all the corners of the world.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506365 Jan 15, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> Do you trust your self to believe that what you preach is aligned to the .Truth (capital T) ou are basically preaching absolutes ie philosophy. Although you disdain philosophy and theology you have a very particular one.
Theology IS philosophy. I truth that what I believe simply fits my desires.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506366 Jan 15, 2014
“So many Gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind.
When just the art of being kind
Is all this old world needs.”

Victor Segno
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506367 Jan 15, 2014
<quoted text>
The only amateur here is you Anthony, you are the greased big running around in circles repeating yourself
You offer no proof to your accusations they are empty accusations.
You are dishonest because you keep doing it over and over again in the hope I suppose if you post it enough you can brain wash weak minded people.
God gave all of us free will to choose that is the authority by which we all decide GOD he gives all free will to choose, what is authority, the ability to make decisions for one's life.
You have done the same you have decided with your own free will to believe your sects dogma. all be blindly with ever really testing it in light of biblical and historical evidence.
Who are you of yourself to decide this?
This is the RCC circular hypocrite reasoning we can't interpret with out someone else but at the end of the day you have to interpret the interpretation on your own,
At the end of the day we all interpret the scripture either directly or by interpreting an interpreters interpretation.
Anything else is impossible.
So unlike you I go to the source you rely on Men who's past of Inquisition, debauchery, crusades torture murder and lies etc. abounds.
You in your pride refuse to believe you made a mistake.
Hence all your hear say.
It would be quite laughable if not for the eternal consequences for your soul.
Well you certainly are the authority in the arena of ad hominem.

While I appreciate the veiled threat of condemnation at the end of your post, I can't see how that would apply to me since I've professed per Rom. 10:9 and according to evangelical fundmamentlism I'm guaranteed salvation.

When you cite Church fathers to discredit Catholic teaching and in support of protestant evangelical fundamentalism, I believe it's common courtesy in a debate to have a defense when I counter with a request for you to identify which father would be your co-religionist. You've had 24 hours to come up with someone, and since you refuse I can only assume there are none. In other words, your opinions are no more authoritative than any other protestant who picks up a bible and annoints themselves paper pope.

If you want to hang your hat on William Webster and S. Micheal Houdmann, best of luck to you.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506368 Jan 15, 2014
No doubt some people in religion, loaded with superstition, would have believed this person was possessed by the devil.

I believe the person was simply "different."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Guy Murchie … The Seven Mysteries of Life.

The most striking example of a well-adjusted human hermaphrodite I’ve heard of is the individual reported in Lisbon in 1807 as having normal sperm-producing testicles and “some beard on the chin” but otherwise the appearance of a slim-hipped, attractive girl with graceful figure, adequate bosom and charmingly feminine voice, not to overlook the usual female organs which functioned well enough that she-he had already been pregnant twice between presumed affairs in which he-she may in turn have impregnated others.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506369 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theology IS philosophy. I truth that what I believe simply fits my desires.
I meant to post, I "trust" what I believe simply fits my desires.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506370 Jan 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a,thought .
You have the,early Christian Fathers,..the,Churches,..the,C ouncils,...they agree,on some things,and,disagree,on others,..they agree on the,Scriptures,.
They function in their own areas,.
The,ROMSN CHURCH decides,it's,PRIMACY over others,declares,a,POPE,...And becomes,a,main force in European politics,...can you not see,that this,is,where the,first PROTESTS came,from..yes,Luther protested against the,Roman Church and practices,...
Jesus,declared,GOD THE FATHER AS,the,Only Holy Father ...
Now,as,for uniting despite,differences,..I think we,Christians,as,a,whole,shoul d,focus,..on Christ and,Evangelism..
When they start persecutions..they won't care which CHURCH ...to empty ...
Again just a,thought ...
Thanks for the thought...I guess. I just wish I could understand what the heck you're trying to say.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#506371 Jan 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Peace
I am not sure you understood what I was writing, because I don't understand your question.
Do you equate the Kingdom of God, with the kingdom of heaven?
And I am not the judge of who is worthy, nor do I set my beliefs on who is worthy. That is up to God and the individual....
Peace
You are hedging....I understood, perfectly, what you wrote. I am not very smart, but I know that you understand this question: Do you really believe that these are not worthy of the Kingdom of God??? Quote...That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

I am not asking you to judge any individual.....this verse speaks of sons of God....

BTW....God does not decide if an individual goes to Heaven or Hell...the individual alone does so....God provides the accommodations: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I would appreciate an honest answer.....lacking that...no need to waste your time..

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506372 Jan 15, 2014
I don't believe that religious oriented superstition is evil ... but I do believe it has been a horrible blight as it motivated humans to commit atrocious behavior. And it is not even close to being finished in its vengeful path of torture and murder.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Seven Mysteries of Life … Exploration in Science and Philosophy … Guy Murchie.

But the kind of creatures prosecuted have ranged all the way from cattle and dolphins down to fish and ants—even occasionally vegetables, as when a priest in medieval Burgundy declared an anathema and, in the name of sanctity, excommunicated an orchard because its fruit had tempted children to stay away from mass. And as late as 1905 a “criminal dog was sentenced to death in Switzerland.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506373 Jan 15, 2014
<quoted text>
I post through Anthony here to those who are honest and practice fair play in a debate.
Here once again this prideful man tries to imply through a lie that I reject most of what the reformers believe.
He chooses to ignore the word grow.
When a tree grows it builds on top of that which came before it, it does not reject its trunk it builds on top of it.
He shows two reasons, Anthony does in this post why he is disingenuous, he acts like he does not know what a metaphor is and then he makes a statement that I reject something when in no shape way or form have I posted that or have I done that.
He is using evil dishonest tactics to defend the indefensible actions of men called Popes
Thanks again. I understand exactly what you're saying, we often metaphorically say the early CC was an acorn which grew into the oak tree 2000 years later. The problem is you think it's ok to apply it to your modern day evangelical fundamentalism, but refuse to consider the same for he CC.

There is a substantial difference however from what your modern day protestant sect believes vs the beliefs of your reformers as it pertains to salvation. I hope you understand this.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506374 Jan 15, 2014
Back in the day, had I been kind to a homosexual, I would have been burned at the stake as abetting and aiding EVIL.

Back in the day had I been kind to a woman having an abortion, I would have been burned at the stake as abetting and aiding EVIL.

That word EVIL became an excuse for every bozo with a supposed holy book to put others to death as having offended gods.

Religion was, and is, NOT good!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#506375 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... you are really "getting along," by in turn trying to prove which one of you is wise enough to be able to claim to know the real truth of the universe.
According to you, because I admit I don't know answers, I am pathetic and YOU are not.
I have explained and shown (by direct reference to your own words) why you are pathetic June. Your psychosis will not allow you to accept the actuality of the preponderance of evidence you have yourself provided which led to the conclusion.
It appears that nearly everyone here recognizes it except YOU. That IS also one of the symptoms of your psychotic delusion, contributing to your inability to react with your environment, and those peers within your environment in a rational manner, leading to your expressions of frustration and hatred of those you feel inferior to within that delusion.
Right here you attempt to obfuscate and misrepresent an earlier communication to feed your inferiority complex and project upon another...
"According to you, because I admit I don't know answers, I am pathetic and YOU are not."
You are pathetic because of your attitude and behavior, not because you don't know the answers...which you incessantly make the claim that everyone else but you professes that they do...creating an excuse for you to feel justified in attacking them for having any intelligence that may possibly exceed your own.
Ya...you are pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Dally Mama 774,920
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min WildWeirdWillie 175,596
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min Epiphany2 604,955
Moses never existed 51 min KiMare 744
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 57 min Rat jeez loaded 119,644
Why do Mexicans try to be white so bad? (Mar '09) 1 hr nomoreillegal 625
bless the jews (Nov '08) 1 hr Set free 7,055
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Barnsweb 441,764
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Aura Mytha 265,082
More from around the web