Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675486 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506273 Jan 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent read. Thanks. I did allot of reading last night about the east west schism.
If they preached definitive and absolute truth, their should not have BEEN an schisms.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506274 Jan 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<Love gets Love....hatred gets old...
When you preach that women who have abortions are murderers ... is that your way of showing them how much you love them???

I don't pretend to know the meaning of love, or if it even exists, but I'm sure that your method is not aligned to compassion for the women, in any sense of the word compassion.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506275 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The men that wrote about the supposed many moods of god, gave entirely different messages on the issue of when to kill. But killing was always acceptable to the supposed god that was created in the mentalities of theologians
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
You're like a catholic June. Post passages without answering my question.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506276 Jan 15, 2014
From the book …“Abortion … by R. F. R. Gardner”… comes the following….first published in 1972.

Mrs. B. is a twenty-seven-year-old woman who has had four pregnancies. The first baby was stillborn, being grossly abnormal: a hydrocephalic. The second child, now aged six years, suffers from a blood disease and has to go into the hospital at frequent intervals for blood transfusion. Her third child has a spina bifida and the fourth child is a spastic, now aged eighteen months, who was unable to control his bowels. Her husband is a clerk and has been preparing for professional examinations, but has had to abandon these in order to help his wife with the family. It is now five weeks since her last period and she finds she cannot face the eight months of waiting, wondering if the child is going to be normal. In addition, she fears that she will be unable to cope with another baby in view of her present commitments.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506277 Jan 15, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: You are the one that brags you know what a god wants you to preach.
- show me a post where this is evident.
You don't believe that you are preaching lies on behalf of "God" ... do you?

:)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506278 Jan 15, 2014
Again I will post the following, written by philosophizing arrogant-minded men, under the guidance of the arrogant King, James I.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506279 Jan 15, 2014
WHY would a king make "concessions" on a book if he was certain that the book was inspired by a GOD???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

The Millenary Petition, 1603

This petition, supposedly representing a thousand Puritans, was presented to James I on his way to London. He granted a conference the following year, authorized a new version of the scriptures, and made a few concessions

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506280 Jan 15, 2014
If you ask questions of the dogmas of all theologians in all religions, you will see that if truth even exists, it would have no way of fitting into such piles of lies.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506281 Jan 15, 2014
Religion existed in Judaism long before Christianity reared its ugly right-fighting head.

Jews were polytheists before some became monotheists.

In order to spot the fallacies in your own religion, you must be willing to admit that what your theologians taught (in all probability) is also based on lies.

It was that willingness to see, that set me free from my own religious addiction.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#506282 Jan 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not familiar with them. And just because I think the schism will end in my lifetime, doesn't mean I think every single Orthodox faction will unite. You've been clear that you'll find a different Church if yours joins with Rome. I believe it takes political powers within the Orthodox Churches to make it happen. Putin oddly enough, has allot of sway and his recent visit with Francis definitely was historic.
Dream on...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#506283 Jan 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent read. Thanks. I did allot of reading last night about the east west schism. I didn't know Paul VI invited Orthodox observers to Vatican II. Much was accomplished during his Papacy with regards to Orthodox relations. I heard Benedict and Bartholomew recited the Apostles creed together a few yrs ago. And now, with Bartholomew being the first Patriarch to attend a Papal inaugural Mass (since 1054) and with the upcoming visit to Jerusalem with he and Francis - which they will co- celebrate Holy Mass together, it seems this schism may end in my lifetime.
Do you think the Orthodox have the wrong idea about Papal infallibillity? I understand Francis is trying to clarify the Popes role. The Bishops' collective word has always carried weight with the Church. And even the Immaculate Conception dogma was a Church wide discussion prior to the final vote and declaration by the Pope.
What do you think?
I think the Russians have a lot of scepticism about the west because of the destructive secularism and humanism overtaking our society. Notice how they respond to the militant homosexuals in the eastern countries. They didn't like JP II because of Poland and the "Uniates", but seemed good with his theology. I think they were genuinely happy when Benedict was elected. He's such as scholar and student of antiquity. I'm not sure how they feel about Francis yet, but I have a feeling he'll surprise all of us. Yes, the papacy is the real issue. It seems the more humble and accommodating a pope is to the hard feelings the east still harbors towards Rome, the better the relations. Nothing short of complete acquiescence on our part re their demands on the role of the papacy will move them I think at this time. Unfortunately I think there are some serious threats to Christianity on a world-wide scale, I have a feeling things are going to get very bad for us all, that leaders in both Churches will put away the pettiness and realize the danger, which may just be the impetus for reunification. Just my humble opinion.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#506284 Jan 15, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't realize that you favor your self, and always assume that how your self perceives the meaning of words is RIGHT - not true..I just don't read God's Word and say look it contradicts itself because I don't understand it...you do.
The fact that Christians killed other Christians - tell me Grams, how do you know the Christians that were killing were true believers...you don't.
I never used the bible to in turn preach at others - the only danger you would be to someone is if you snap and go nuts because you spend your whole day on a public forum.
You're not pathetic, just sad.
You claim to understand the Bible. Your own words.

"why is that atheists believe the Bible contradicts itself when in reality you just don't understand it."

Look in the mirror if you dare. You are preaching.

Admit it. You believe you understand the Bible and denomination that disagrees with your understanding is wrong. Yes or no?

Ramen
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#506285 Jan 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not familiar with them. And just because I think the schism will end in my lifetime, doesn't mean I think every single Orthodox faction will unite. You've been clear that you'll find a different Church if yours joins with Rome. I believe it takes political powers within the Orthodox Churches to make it happen. Putin oddly enough, has allot of sway and his recent visit with Francis definitely was historic.
Sera is a recent convert to Orthodoxy from protestantism. Her bitterness and anger is probably a carry-over. Her knowledge of Orthodoxy is rudimentary. I would take what she says about the Orthodox with a grain of salt.

Orlando, FL

#506286 Jan 15, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says that God will harden the hearts of people because they reject Him. I would post the passage but I'm sure you know it because you know the Bible.
Do you think your heart has been hardened and you can't see the truth or is that just a coincidence.
Heck, probably a coincidence.
Most likely at one point in your life were told or taught about God and you rejected it. Now look at you. On a public forum like your friend June saying, "there is no God...the Bible contradicts itself".
Nice dodge.

Just because I point out a simple truth that bothers you, my heart is "hardened."

You have no answer, so you avoid the question and attack my heart. LMAO.

Again..... slavery and the Civil War.
If your delusional god were more clear regarding slavery, then maybe hundreds of thousands of good Americans would not have died in the Civil War.

Whose heart approved of THAT.

Whose heart is HARDENED? My heart, or the heart of your violent, angry, abusive god -- the supposed god who could have been more clear - on the high school level maybe -- so that hundreds of thousands of good Americans would not have died in the Civil War.

Shame on such a low-life god. My God is more moral than your God.

Ramen

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#506287 Jan 15, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Funny.
You will make comments upon semantics that you can't verify, and then play it off as if you can answer it.
a. BT asked the question, not me. Strike one.
b. "in his own words" is really a discredit to BT, yes - because we all know Jesus didn't write anything down himself, so "his words" are actually not his words.
+ Meaning, if you aren't paying attention - there are no words by Jesus in his own words.
You promote these semantics, but can't accept the semantics that shuts down your religion, huh?
*sighs*
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse puckett...
Is this your response? I'll take it as you being ignorant of the topic and avoidance of answering.

Saying - "I don't know" wouldn't have shown your honesty, but you chose not to.

You sound like the typical Catholic - always double talking, and then running away after you have been found out for being dishonest.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#506288 Jan 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Russians have a lot of scepticism about the west because of the destructive secularism and humanism overtaking our society. Notice how they respond to the militant homosexuals in the eastern countries. They didn't like JP II because of Poland and the "Uniates", but seemed good with his theology. I think they were genuinely happy when Benedict was elected. He's such as scholar and student of antiquity. I'm not sure how they feel about Francis yet, but I have a feeling he'll surprise all of us. Yes, the papacy is the real issue. It seems the more humble and accommodating a pope is to the hard feelings the east still harbors towards Rome, the better the relations. Nothing short of complete acquiescence on our part re their demands on the role of the papacy will move them I think at this time. Unfortunately I think there are some serious threats to Christianity on a world-wide scale, I have a feeling things are going to get very bad for us all, that leaders in both Churches will put away the pettiness and realize the danger, which may just be the impetus for reunification. Just my humble opinion.
You are correct for the most part but there will be Some old cal. that will not be moved.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506289 Jan 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to understand the Bible. Your own words.
"why is that atheists believe the Bible contradicts itself when in reality you just don't understand it."
Look in the mirror if you dare. You are preaching.
Admit it. You believe you understand the Bible and denomination that disagrees with your understanding is wrong. Yes or no?
Ramen
Let me re-phrase what I said. I do not understand every single word of the bible but most of it. However, I don't say it contradicts itself because I don't understand some of it.

you do....

In the days of creation God creates Light then another day the Sun..contradiction???

Orlando, FL

#506290 Jan 15, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
True believers don't believe the Bible contradicts itself,. Why? Because we study it. We understand the context of what we're reading.
You and your friends think it does contradict itself. why? Because you don't study it, you reject it and if one can't understand it, you cry contradiction. Sorry friend you lose...
Although, I may have it all wrong and you may be right. I was not away God wrote the Bible. huh...
We agree one one thing.

We both reject at least 95% of all of mankind's religious dogma, all except our own.

So how do you explain this "once or twice" contradiction? Is your god playing a trick?

What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?

Before the cock crow - MAT 26:34
Before the cock crow twice - MAR 14:30
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506291 Jan 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Nice dodge.
Just because I point out a simple truth that bothers you, my heart is "hardened."
If your delusional god were more clear regarding slavery, then maybe hundreds of thousands of good Americans would not have died in the Civil War.
Whose heart is HARDENED? My heart, or the heart of your violent, angry, abusive god -- the supposed god who could have been more clear - on the high school level maybe -- so that hundreds of thousands of good Americans would not have died in the Civil War.
Ramen
No dodge on the Civil War, just wondering why are you concerned about people losing their lives? You have morals...for what?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506292 Jan 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Nice dodge.
Ramen
You know what's funny!!! You and your friend June go on a public forum to argue about something you don't believe in.

Not a lot going on huh? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min ROCCO 110,136
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min New Age Spiritual... 982,196
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,307
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Yidfellas v USA 184,726
Finish This Liberal Political Sentence.. 1 hr USS LIBERTY 3
68 year old man missing from Deens Landing?! 9 hr bugg_85 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 9 hr andet1987 69
More from around the web