Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670340 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#506211 Jan 14, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I only believe the Bible has it 'right', and, one must be born-anew and have the Spirit of Jesus to decipher what It says.
Blessings to you Anthony
If your neighbor says they're "born-anew" and she says you're wrong about the bible who can authoritatively decide? Aren't you concerned with that? Blessings to you marge.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#506212 Jan 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezek 28:13-19 Refers to king of Tyre not the Devil.
And if you check out the stones that are mentioned in Ezekiel 28 that was the covering for this entity (Satan) you will see that these are the exact same stones that the high priest of Israel wore in their breast plate. Boo boo the fool should be able to see that this was no mere mortal man that is called the King of Tyre in this chapter 28 of Ezekiel but this King of Tyre is none other than Satan.. I have tried to open your eyes to show you that this is Satan but if God has closed your eyes to this then there is nothing more I can do to make this any clearer. THIS KING OF TYRE IN EZEKIEL 28 IS SATAN FOR IN VERSE 14 HE IS CALLED THE ANOINTED CHERUB THAT COVERETH. Do you know what a Cherub is?
truth

Perth, Australia

#506213 Jan 14, 2014
if are you born again why i need be victim of you
you choose that path not me
smooth silky skin
they liked died wounds is open but can't
they can't died owfull wounds opens

light fast blast
see
Sweet Jesus forgive them they did not know what they doing.

Father forgive them they did not know what they doing.

Hvala za ono sto je vidjeno, niti jadnici slute sto ce im se desiti.

it is written

svako vrijeme ima svoje jade=svakom danu je dosta svoje mike

ono sto je skriveno od vasih ociju i ono sto nedolazi do vashe savjesti
cuknuti u glavu=reprobrate mind

reprobrate mind can't see or except its coming to happen as well why for what as well when..

its will be as miracle
evil serve evil

now
no i never think as others
its look that i am jelouse when i wrote this to them
ha ha ha ha
no no no its not

wide way is wide way
weed seed is weed seed

not to many choose many will be call

where for what
for miracle
to be famous and rich

good luck

as well one day

good byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#506214 Jan 14, 2014
Svakom danu dosta je svoje muke!

Isus Krist je imao svoju muku na krizu.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#506215 Jan 14, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And if you check out the stones that are mentioned in Ezekiel 28 that was the covering for this entity (Satan) you will see that these are the exact same stones that the high priest of Israel wore in their breast plate. Boo boo the fool should be able to see that this was no mere mortal man that is called the King of Tyre in this chapter 28 of Ezekiel but this King of Tyre is none other than Satan.. I have tried to open your eyes to show you that this is Satan but if God has closed your eyes to this then there is nothing more I can do to make this any clearer. THIS KING OF TYRE IN EZEKIEL 28 IS SATAN FOR IN VERSE 14 HE IS CALLED THE ANOINTED CHERUB THAT COVERETH. Do you know what a Cherub is?
Yet another interesting read for those that are in the know about what creation and what really happened.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#506216 Jan 14, 2014
Oops, forgot to download the link.

http://rightdivision.com/charts/alpha-omega/s...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#506217 Jan 14, 2014
truth wrote:
if are you born again why i need be victim of you
you choose that path not me
smooth silky skin
they liked died wounds is open but can't
they can't died owfull wounds opens
light fast blast
see
Sweet Jesus forgive them they did not know what they doing.
Father forgive them they did not know what they doing.
Hvala za ono sto je vidjeno, niti jadnici slute sto ce im se desiti.
it is written
svako vrijeme ima svoje jade=svakom danu je dosta svoje mike
ono sto je skriveno od vasih ociju i ono sto nedolazi do vashe savjesti
cuknuti u glavu=reprobrate mind
reprobrate mind can't see or except its coming to happen as well why for what as well when..
its will be as miracle
evil serve evil
now
no i never think as others
its look that i am jelouse when i wrote this to them
ha ha ha ha
no no no its not
wide way is wide way
weed seed is weed seed
not to many choose many will be call
where for what
for miracle
to be famous and rich
good luck
as well one day

good byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
GOD BLESS,you and,watch over you
truth

Perth, Australia

#506218 Jan 14, 2014
Is your minister wife from brother who rip off bank?
trust them
not me
you can be rich with them..

I walk in light between them i see!
They not believe as they not believe to Jesus Christ not even one word.
Did they believe to Moses or golden cow?
Did they believe holistic milky herbs eat cow every day where people have milk for every day..did someone charge for that..no.why should be.svezderi ko svi ostali svezderi ukljucujuchi i zivotinje i ljude.

But they not believe all herbs drugs dilers money not go to public as milk its going to certain point to whom? e pozlatilo se nekom preko nochi.

golden cow is golden cow

now

under light is melting point
yes it is
Where you can find that in holy scripture?
How much you trust God words?
truth

Perth, Australia

#506219 Jan 14, 2014
1/3
1/3
1/3
Whats will be left dear God?
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#506220 Jan 15, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I only believe the Bible has it 'right', and, one must be born-anew and have the Spirit of Jesus to decipher what It says.
Well the Bible does have it right. But it didn't fall completed from Heaven. You can see from how it was developed, that 'Bible alone' is an impossible scenario. You'd have to believe that Christianity didn't begin until 1456 AD, when the scriptures became available to folks like you. Even then, it still takes something or someone besides scripture to interpret it. If the Holy Spirit is guiding you to decipher it, why don't you come to the same conclusions as a the first bible alone Christians? You can't even argue that the current wave of born agains come to the same conclusions. Christianity is not Bible alone. In fact, the NT says the NT is the Eucharist not a collection of books per the exact words of Jesus Christ.(Luke 22:20, 1Cor 11:25)
Jesus never said,'take this all you and read it...' He didn't say,'these are my scriptures, unless you read the scriptures you have no life in you...'

The pinnacle of His Ministry is the Mass and Eucharist, not the Bible. And definitely not your interpretations of the Bible. Do you feel good when reading the scriptures and praying? I would hope so. God wouldn't be God if He didn't give you some form of grace for that. I just can't understand why you take it upon yourself to be an authority on the scriptures as a result of your graces. If you understood how you're undoing the word of God by trying to defeat what the Apostles established you'd be horrified. You seem to plug your ears and open up your Bible as if you never heard your errors. That's called Bible idolatry when you approach the sacred scriptures like that. That means the Bible is in fact your god. I really suspect that.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#506221 Jan 15, 2014
Sorry. All the basic contradictions in the Bible tells us that no god wrote or inspired it.

That's why I know my God is the one true God and yours is a delusion.

FOR EXAMPLE...

Jesus' first sermon - in the plain or on the mountain?

MAT 5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."

LUK 6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."

The apologists all come up with differing excuses. It's laughable. It amuses my God.

Ramen
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506222 Jan 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the Bible does have it right. But it didn't fall completed from Heaven. You can see from how it was developed, that 'Bible alone' is an impossible scenario. You'd have to believe that Christianity didn't begin until 1456 AD, when the scriptures became available to folks like you. Even then, it still takes something or someone besides scripture to interpret it. If the Holy Spirit is guiding you to decipher it, why don't you come to the same conclusions as a the first bible alone Christians? You can't even argue that the current wave of born agains come to the same conclusions. Christianity is not Bible alone. In fact, the NT says the NT is the Eucharist not a collection of books per the exact words of Jesus Christ.(Luke 22:20, 1Cor 11:25)
Jesus never said,'take this all you and read it...' He didn't say,'these are my scriptures, unless you read the scriptures you have no life in you...'
The pinnacle of His Ministry is the Mass and Eucharist, not the Bible. And definitely not your interpretations of the Bible. Do you feel good when reading the scriptures and praying? I would hope so. God wouldn't be God if He didn't give you some form of grace for that. I just can't understand why you take it upon yourself to be an authority on the scriptures as a result of your graces. If you understood how you're undoing the word of God by trying to defeat what the Apostles established you'd be horrified. You seem to plug your ears and open up your Bible as if you never heard your errors. That's called Bible idolatry when you approach the sacred scriptures like that. That means the Bible is in fact your god. I really suspect that.
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

*Don't we want to be declared righteous in the sight of God? His Word is profitable for training in righteousness. What else do you need?

Orlando, FL

#506223 Jan 15, 2014
What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?

Before the cock crow - MAT 26:34

Before the cock crow twice - MAR 14:30

Hello???????

If your god can't count to two,

then your god is totally untrue.

Ramen
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506224 Jan 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
Sorry. All the basic contradictions in the Bible tells us that no god wrote or inspired it.
That's why I know my God is the one true God and yours is a delusion.
FOR EXAMPLE...
MAT 5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."
LUK 6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."
The apologists all come up with differing excuses. It's laughable. It amuses my God.
Ramen
I get the same confusion about God's Word when I teach children's church. You're not alone...

Orlando, FL

#506225 Jan 15, 2014
Blame the Catholic Church for all the errors and contradictions in the NT.

Blame the Jews for the same in the OT.

Then use the Bible to make up anything you want.

That's the lazy man's way to a new religion.

Create your own holy book, fundies.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506226 Jan 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
It would benefit you greatly to study rhetoric.
Religion always was and IS rhetoric. That is why none of you agree and yet so many of you pride your selves by claiming to know truth.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506227 Jan 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?
Before the cock crow - MAT 26:34
Before the cock crow twice - MAR 14:30
Hello???????
If your god can't count to two,
then your god is totally untrue.
Ramen
ROTFLAU!!! Really??!!

Get yourself a good bible commentary and read for yourself. Learn something about the context to which you are reading and then you won't go on a public forum and ask the same question a 5 year old would.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506228 Jan 15, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
You could counsel her to give the human being up for adoption and in fact she would have 1000's of couples willing to adopt today.
Many women are afraid to adopt there babies out , as the adoptive parents might in turn be terrible monsters that mistreat the child. I suggest it is often more humane to have an abortion and in turn know that the suffering that is certain in many ways after birth will NOT occur.

If there's a creator, then it is up to the creator to decide whether the woman deserves punishment for having the abortion. I suggest it is not your place to decide, even though theologians gave you the "impression" that it IS holy to use your bible to bully others as evil sinners.

And if there is a spirit that the creator puts in the fetus, there's no rule against him taking it back to where (according to the theologians) the creator wants it to end it's life for eternity.

Religion is plain silly nonsense.

Orlando, FL

#506229 Jan 15, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
*Don't we want to be declared righteous in the sight of God? His Word is profitable for training in righteousness. What else do you need?
LMAO His Word is profitable for training in righteousness.

So during the American Civil War, who received the proper training through the Bible?

Was it the North or the South?

Because if the Bible were indeed "His Word for training in righteousness" with regard to slavery, then consider:

.. if this god were more clear, then hundreds of thousands of good Americans would not have died in the Civil War.

Dang, it all sounds so flowery, until one looks at the specifics. Mine is the only true God.

Ramen

Orlando, FL

#506230 Jan 15, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the same confusion about God's Word when I teach children's church. You're not alone...
That's why you have to brain wash them as children. Otherwise, your so-called God's Word is babble.

The apologists all come up with differing excuses. What's yours?

The excuses change from generation to generation. Do they all agree on the answer to the question? Nope.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min another viewer 980,164
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 100,456
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 42 min Seejay 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,656
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr shkreli zionism 121,925
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 7 hr Libhater 58
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web