Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693485 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Garden City, MI

#505798 Jan 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wacky theology
If a creator is all-knowing ... it knew from the beginning of its creation that you would either be saved or be rejected to an eternity in hell, as it knows all it's own plans.
That is why the Protestant theologian John Calvin and many others believed as follows.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”
Calvin argued in Institutes of the Christian Religion (1559 edition); “but eternal life is foreordained for some and eternal damnation for others.”
True, God already saw this world unfold. That includes every humans life. But He can't make us love him anymore than a wife can make her husband love her. Love by its very definition has to be freely given. That means if God wants to be loved by us, it has to be by our choosing. He could appear in the sky today and that might make you and other atheist believe He exists....but it won't make you love Him. And Love isn't scientific component, its spiritual. It can't be proven in a science lab, but that doesn't mean it don't exist.
There was only one way God could get us to love Him, thru Spirit.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#505799 Jan 13, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I've never said anything like that and neither has the Catholic Church. We have great respect for Protestants and there are very good and godly ministers out there too.
God loves you as equally as me. God even loves the souls in hell as much as me. If He didn't than He wouldn't be God. Does that finally clarify my position for you?
Amen ..agree totally ..I'm sure,each soul lost ..pains the Lord God ...

June,blames,it on Him

Would any of us,take into our home those who hate us,..to hurt the others,who love Him..to hurt The children who hAve FAITH ...
I'd not willingly allow a,destroyer in my home to HURT MY CHILDREN..be cause,of their hatred ..
God's,justice and mercy prevails,and,His,ways,are HIS .

From the first when the angels,rebelled ..God gave them.a,CHANCE but then cast them out for love of the faithful angels,...
GOD allowsatan his,domain....But I'm sure is,sad for eAch soul condemned there.

As,for us,He,keeps calling ...if we,harden our hearts,..That is on us,..

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#505800 Jan 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that because you believe the women have offended God by having abortions, you do harshly judge the women for having abortions. If that were not so, you would NOT have judged me for wanting to "help" the women who have abortions.
Your attitude was that I am awful for wanting to help those women when they have abortions.
June

Peace

I do not think a Christian believes that the woman of an abortion should not be helped. They have been deceived, psychologically, and spiritually damaged.

Peace
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#505801 Jan 13, 2014
Those who believed that "God" was offended by human activity were certain they had to do something to correct the situation.

So they went about imprisoning, torturing and murdering innocent humans and ... of course they claimed it was all done in the name of LOVE!

I hope some day the new generations look back on this era as the dark ages ... because if that doesn't occur ... those in religion who believe they are enlightened will continue on the same path of darkness as occurred in the Middle Ages.

Right now Christians in Muslim countries are arming their selves and killing the Muslims, rather than the Christians realizing they have no right to proselytize the Muslims in their own countries.

Religion can't end unless believers choose to end it.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#505802 Jan 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June,blames,it on Him
I don't believe a HE exists.

The only reason you believe a god exists is because you believe without that image in your brain you are DOOMED.

I suggest you get over your self, and the idea that you are SPECIAL.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#505803 Jan 13, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Amen RoSesz!
He gives us,so many chances,in life to hear His VOICE...

:)

And,Liam is,correct ..Far worse to hear the,truth and,reject God ...than to be born in a,place where God's message is banned .

Yet we have in US,a,natural longing ...a God shaped hole ..who knows how the,Spirit can work on these,people ...who may NOT KNOW HIS NAME but long for Him..

We serve a God of mercy and Love
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#505804 Jan 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Peace
I do not think a Christian believes that the woman of an abortion should not be helped. They have been deceived, psychologically, and spiritually damaged.
Peace
So you would leave to the back-street abortionists ... RIGHT Robert F?

Your response doesn't surprise me!

Christian physicians couldn't bring their selves to perform abortions, so they would send the women to Dr. Morgentaler for HELP. At least those physicians had a conscience to know that someone needed to do something to help the women.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#505805 Jan 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He gives us,so many chances,in life to hear His VOICE...
The voice you hear in your imagination is the voice you allowed in there.

It tells you that a god loves you and will save you, and the voice continues to please your emotions ... because you have a NEED to have your emotions PLEASED.

Self-hypnosis works that way.

"God exists to love ME ... ME ... ME!"
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#505806 Jan 13, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
please provide the passage claiming "Jesus wanted the Jews 'SLAYED.'"
John found it, so why can't YOU?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Although such beasts are unfit for work, they are fit for killing. And this is what happened to the Jews: while they were making themselves unfit for work, they grew fit for slaughter. This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".

John Chrysostom

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#505807 Jan 13, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
dumb dumb
you mistake me for some who cares, I am not a follower of any man Luther included.
I know Luther and his Sect is not the one.
I follow Jesus why don't you look as what he taught and you will know what I believe.
BTW atheists Wiccans as well, all believe its ok to terminate human beings in the womb.
Some 62 million in Europe since 1970 25 million in the USA some 250 million in China.
We come to some 1/2 billion humans in 40 years who were cut and diced alive in the womb because of your way of thinking.
In that same time only thousands starved again because of regimes and men who believe as you do.
You might what to look in the mirror because regardless of if there is a God or not your ideas and your belief system is the number one reason for suffering in the world.
You can post to the cows come home the tragedies of religious people but it is a mole hill to a mountain compared to the consequences, the suffering and death from the beliefs you hold.
you ARE the poster child for the cause of suffering.
50 million in the USA alone CIB ..they think it's great that it was ONLY 850 thousand a year now ...That it means,the numbers are going down from.over a,million a year ....what garbage ...most likely because,of some of the law term restrictions that decent politicians,push through ..But 850 thousand!!!! A year ...violent in womb murders ....unconscionable
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#505808 Jan 13, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
True, God already saw this world unfold. That includes every humans life. But He can't make us love him anymore than a wife can make her husband love her.
Wacky theology

If God knew all, he knew we would refuse to love him, and he knew that he would reject us for not loving him.

So that makes him part and parcel of the whole plot.

"I will create humans that I KNOW won't love me so that I can reject them for not loving me."

Those theologians were nut-cases!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#505809 Jan 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I've never had an abortion, but I comprehend why women choose to have abortions. And I would rather they have them in clinics with professional care-givers than in back alleys or home-type abortions.
If I thought a woman was going to perform an abortion on herself and I had the spare money to take her to a clinic, I would indeed take her by the hand and walk in the clinic with her ... with no shame whatsoever.
If a creator exists and rejects me for so doing ... I will take that as a compliment.
Like I posted your kind who believe as you do irregardless if God exists or does not are the greatest perpetrators of suffering the world has ever seen. 500 million + abortions in the last 40 years, you know where woman have little feeling human beings dismembered and cut up in their wombs and vacuumed out. Some burned alive with Acid.

It is by far better for the world to believe in Christian faith even if its bunk as suffering is by far less under a Christian Society than an Atheist society.

The facts are facts.

How do you like them apples that even if I am wrong and God is bunk I am by far better for the worlds health than you.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#505810 Jan 13, 2014
Punishment from God was what made religion so popular.

The believers wanted to revel in the idea that those evil-ones out there will be punished and "I" will be favored and slathered with eternal bliss, because I LOVE God.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Our churches are not like that; they are truly frightening and filled with fear. God's presence makes a place frightening because he has power over life and death. In our churches we hear countless homilies on eternal punishments, on rivers of fire, on the venomous worm, on bonds that cannot be burst, or exterior darkness. But the Jews neither know nor dream of these things. They live for their bellies, they gape for the things of this world, their condition is not better than that of pigs or goats because of their wanton ways and excessive gluttony.

John Chrysostom

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#505811 Jan 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
ITB A.K.A. Tango:
Changes in Catholic Attitudes Toward Bible Readings
By Msgr. Daniel Kutys
Average Catholics asked today how often they read the Bible likely would say that they do not read the Bible regularly. However, if asked how often they read Scripture, the answer would be different. Practicing Catholics know they read and hear Scripture at every Mass. Many also recognize that basic prayers Catholics say, such as the Our Father and the Hail Mary, are scriptural. But for most Catholics, the Scripture they hear and read is not from the Bible. It is from a worship aid in the pew.
Scripture always has played an important role in the prayer life of the Catholic Church and its members. For the ordinary Catholic in earlier centuries, exposure to Scripture was passive. They heard it read aloud or prayed aloud but did not read it themselves. One simple reason: Centuries ago the average person could not read or afford a book. Popular reading and ownership of books began to flourish only after the invention of the printing press.
Once the printing press was invented, the most commonly printed book was the Bible, but this still did not make Bible-reading a Catholic’s common practice. Up until the mid-twentieth Century, the custom of reading the Bible and interpreting it for oneself was a hallmark of the Protestant churches springing up in Europe after the Reformation. Protestants rejected the authority of the Pope and of the Church and showed it by saying people could read and interpret the Bible for themselves. Catholics meanwhile were discouraged from reading Scripture.
Notice: the Scripture they hear and read is not from the Bible.....
And: They heard it read aloud or prayed aloud but did not read it themselves.
And: Up until the mid-twentieth Century, the custom of reading the Bible and interpreting it for oneself was a hallmark of the Protestant churches springing up in Europe after the Reformation. Protestants rejected the authority of the Pope and of the Church and showed it by saying people could read and interpret the Bible for themselves. Catholics meanwhile were discouraged from reading Scripture.
FYI....the mid-twentieth century is 1950......
As I said ..we read our missals in Church ..studied the Catechism.

Did THRY contain scripture YES,..
DID WE HAVE BIBLE STUDY ...with Actual bibles in the fifties and early sixties when I was in CATHOLIC SCHOOL ....NO ..

ACTUAL STUDY ..CHAPTER and verse ..using a BIBLE came some time AFTER '

That's,a fact .
Some Catholcs have studied a,real bible at home ...great ..

odds,are some had Protestant ancestors ..just a,guess on that one ..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#505812 Jan 13, 2014
All it took to create religion is for believers to believe "If I LOVE and WORSHIP God ... then God will be sure to LOVE ME."

How easy it was for the theologians to own the mindsets of such GREEDY dumbed-down followers.

If the theologians wrote that God wanted followers to kill other humans ... the believers didn't question the theologians. They stepped right UP to the plate and killed and killed and killed.

And for the killing, they were rewarded with martyrdom and sainthood.

"Blinded by the lust of a promised utopia in a supposed hereafter!"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#505813 Jan 13, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> wrong.....it is proven that that bay can feel pain and it is a living being.I respect life..Abortion is wrong....
Amen..correct SIS ..That nonsense of they can't feel.pain is,total baloney ...any one whose carried a child knows they react to what goes on within mom..
No wonder they had these argument AGAINST making ultrasounds, mandatory ..
Any other surgical procedure is,preceded by all sorts of imagjng...

concerned in Brasil

Europe

#505814 Jan 13, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> wrong.....it is proven that that bay can feel pain and it is a living being.I respect life..Abortion is wrong....
Amen

June is a deceiver and deceived

She manipulates words and redefines them to make herself look smart.

Biology states as fact a embryo in the womb is fully human, DNA tests prove this.

An Embryo, as a Fetus, as is a baby, as is a teenager, as is and adult as is a senior adult are all human beings.

If you looked at a person 6 months old in the womb, 2 years old, 42 years old and then 88 years old you would not recognize them as the same human being but DNA would.

All the above terms describe a human being at a stage of human being development.

They are all human beings whether in the Fetus stage of being a human being or a Teenager stage of being a human being.

But the Truth and Facts need to be watered down and discouraged by those like June so they can justify the carnage and suffering they bring to this world.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#505815 Jan 13, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I posted your kind who believe as you do irregardless if God exists or does not are the greatest perpetrators of suffering the world has ever seen. 500 million + abortions in the last 40 years, you know where woman have little feeling human beings dismembered and cut up in their wombs and vacuumed out. Some burned alive with Acid.
It is by far better for the world to believe in Christian faith even if its bunk as suffering is by far less under a Christian Society than an Atheist society.
The facts are facts.
How do you like them apples that even if I am wrong and God is bunk I am by far better for the worlds health than you.
Atheists will kill others, but they will NEVER hide behind the RUSE that a god ordained the killing.

And that is the MAJOR difference.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#505816 Jan 13, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...that might be the stupid post of the day. Thanks for the laugh. LOL
Have to wonder if old folks,or those who've had hysterectomy are allowed
..oh well no answer necessary
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#505817 Jan 13, 2014
From the book "The Comfortable Pew," by Pierre Burton comes the following....... Published in 1965.

There are no atheists in foxholes," somebody said, with a bitter laugh, and we all joined in the merriment. Of all the nonsense uttered by the pious during world war II, this one sentence was surely the most inane. I did not see a fox-hole during World War II, but those of my friends who did and who entered as atheists, also emerged as atheists. The church offended many of us during the war, by subtly encouraging that phrase: it suggested that men could be (and perhaps should be) blackmailed into a form of religion by the imminence of death. No doubt some were, but it never seemed to me to be a very effective way of getting converts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Bongo 53,150
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 4 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,482
steve toney 7 min angelbaby49 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min another viewer 992,360
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 11 min Doctor REALITY 9
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 29 min Doctor REALITY 29
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr bonespurscadet 446,006
More from around the web