Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649837 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#505703 Jan 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
ITEM #1 POPE INNOCENT III
Pope Innocent III stated in 1199:
... to be reproved are those who translate into French the Gospels, the letters of Paul, the psalter, etc. They are moved by a certain love of Scripture in order to explain them clandestinely and to preach them to one another. The mysteries of the faith are not to explained rashly to anyone. Usually in fact, they cannot be understood by everyone but only by those who are qualified to understand them with informed intelligence. The depth of the divine Scriptures is such that not only the illiterate and uninitiated have difficulty understanding them, but also the educated and the gifted (Denzinger-Schönmetzer, Enchiridion Symbolorum 770-771)
Hogwash!!!! Christ said: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
And the Bible teaches we are to read dailly the Scripture to see if what we are being told is truth...
"These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so"
So if all you Christians have this "magic ghost" thingy guiding you all to the ultimate truth, how come none of you can agree on much of anything?

And BTW - Just so you know, I think you are a liar who makes it up as you go, then arrogantly claim you have this "magic ghost" thingy guiding YOU and ONLY YOU to whatever bombastic lie you just made up..

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#505704 Jan 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not ...however ..bible study as a,part of religious,education..going chapter ..or book was NOT a,part of our curriculum....
And though our family was Catholic on both sides,...sadly we did not study the bible Mr a home .
Things,changed after Vatican two..You must know,that
And great for you that your family was into family bible study
Any Protestant ancestors,...I'm curious,
We had missals,..catechism,..socialit y manuals,and devotionals,. No bible,
At one time,I knew most of the Mass in Latin ..
It's,really until recent decades,more of a,' in Catholic thing ..my kid leArned in grade school .
I read a good part of the bible using hers,...
Of course since I became born again....I have several.And I'm no scholar but retain a,lot for my age .
My Christmas gift from my daughter was a grandmother's bible ..Beautiful ..
And I know,NOW,..the Readings,at MASS are from the bible ..No clue when I was,younger ...
Bible study = brainwashing.

Where they lie to you, saying one thing means something it really doesn't mean.
truth

Perth, Australia

#505705 Jan 12, 2014
in crux is a life

see
my anthy say did they done to you horiblle things
then she start cry
no i say
pray dear child she say scratch your hand in early morning before sun go out
on that moment pray and asked
oh huhhhhhhhhhh

but i love my good mother too
she say deference
cross you save trough cross don't be affraid my child pray
there spread your hand lag and body there

could you image impossible with poor human mind..

Are you for sure you see Jesus on Cross?

asked knock knock
noooooooo
you don't need knock
where poor human mind

nobody there on that cross no
nobody cry for me there no

nobody pray for me there no
nobody waiting there for me no

give yourself power could sustain
if you could sustain that sort of power
its good =dobro dobro
never say excellent its exist much more power then you

its been so nice fill that
yeeeeeeeeee

i return as i am

i did not twisted on another mysterium

others can multiply
but its not me
nooooooooooooooooo

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#505706 Jan 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one can reject Jesus,and basically spit in the face of the,HOLY SPIRIT
Calling them to live with the Son.
He PAID the price for our SIN....offers,Grace to have FAITH in Him as Saviour .
Our choice to accept if or not .
Not sure I'd call that earning ...HE DID IT ..IT IS FINISHED ...do I accept His,death and acknowledge the Resurrection
Yes,
Christian brainwashing make you believe in something that never happened.
LTM

Sutton, Canada

#505707 Jan 12, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you been Clay there are more Christians in China than the U.S. today, Jesus is coming when the gospel is preached to all nations, we're almost there.
Your right Marge, more missionaries, are sent to Canada and the USA, then we send to the middle east, or Asia. Even Africa, fears for Canada and the USA.
Which says a lot when you consider the freedom Canada and the USA has compared to the other countries to practices their faith openly.
truth

Perth, Australia

#505708 Jan 12, 2014
promise is promise
God is not liar.

u rane cu te svoje sakriti
da moja ljutnja koja je pravedna protiv tebe
prodje netaknuto

I will hide you in my wounds
that my anger which is rightfully against you
past..
who ever pray station of cross
god give promise

i give entierly myself on that cross hands lags body
i been there
what church need its going took from you
who have faith and trust in god

why i need think its painful or not
what a shame
than where is trust in God

give yourself and don't worry

why i need worried
its as magnet
o don't worry
its less then second
you will be there under full power
you can't escape don't you worry
oh
but i resist that power
i am alive as i am
others pretenders with lips who there are
they liked money and power

this is that dear God
they liked something from nothing

you not trust god

i don't pay any ticket for that
impossible for others understood
what a shame

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#505709 Jan 12, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not at all what you previously stated///here let me remind you again...
June VanDerMark wrote:
I guarded my own mindset against the barrage of information that the preachers yearned to plant as truth in my mind.
I thought that what they taught was wrong, and for that I am thankful.
They couldn't bribe me with that cheap promise of salvation, as I figured that if others were going to hell, I wanted to find out WHY ... and not take the words of the preachers as literal truth.
I didn't ask the preachers any questions because I comprehended that their views were (metaphorically stating) set in stone ... but I kept asking my self why they believed as they did ... and finally I believed that all of them didn't know truth any more than a gorilla knows truth, and I questioned even if absolute truth exists TO be known.
Now, wait just a minute here June.
You say you never believed anything the church preached even as a small child. You say that right here...
"Even as a child I never believed that if Jesus existed, he would be a representative of anything good. To shut out most of the world's population for not being Christian was an obnoxious teaching to my child's mind. And nothing has changed in that re-guard!"
And then you go on to say they are comparable to gorillas. You say that right here...
" I believed that all of them didn't know truth any more than a gorilla knows truth, and I questioned even if absolute truth exists TO be known."
These, just two blatant examples of how you profess you knew everything the church taught was a lie and against everything you realized as true and decent even from the time you were a small child, and you continue to hold that belief even to this day.
*At this point, I have to make note of your statements about Martin Luther, and King James(just two examples) and their disagreements with church doctrine, and how you state it was purely selfish interests on their part for dissociation with the belief system's structure. The point in noting this is to denote comparison in your own statements and actual actions regarding the relationship between the church and yourself as you have related it, and it is documented right here in black and white.
If you expect us to believe what you have related is true and actual fact about your relationship with religion and "the church", I have issues with either your credibility or your person in that you perceive that everyone around you is a fool and it is so easy to influence their credulity.
In a nutshell, If you are telling the truth about your life and beliefs as shown above, I have to wonder just what kind of person you are to remain in and support a religious organization(s) for nearly 70 years, allow them to teach and influence yourself, your children, and have influence over your entire family structure, when, in fact, you believe that "what they taught was wrong" and "didn't know truth any more than a gorilla knows truth"...as you yourself state.
I have to conclude that you are either totally careless and irresponsible, or a sociopathic, pathological liar...or both.
http://www.wikihow.com/Spot-a-Pathological-Li ...
Had the preachers preached that God was only of the nature of love, I would have believed them. But the fact IS they didn't ... because they preached of the existence of hell and evil and damnation for those who were not Christian.

That is WHY I didn't believe anything they preached.

NOW are you satisfied???

Prince George, Canada

#505710 Jan 12, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>If you made it to 70 as lovable as you are,then that alone proves somthing.
Well no matter what, I suggest that I won't have to go to heaven to listen to the Catholics and Protestants fighting over who gets the top-ratings from the creator!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#505711 Jan 12, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>Jumper.You are one cool cat.
Thanks little buddy! You're ok too.

Prince George, Canada

#505712 Jan 12, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I've never said anything like that and neither has the Catholic Church. We have great respect for Protestants and there are very good and godly ministers out there too.
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following…………..

Assessments of Martin Luther (1483—1546) vary widely, depending on the stance of the assessor. To Pope Leo X he was stiff-necked notorious, damned heretic

Prince George, Canada

#505713 Jan 12, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I think I'm not going to forget any of that June #shiver#.
I suggest that you are posting in my name on another thread Jumper, and bringing it over here.

That 's not very nice of you ... but then nothing surprises me when it pertains to humans.
LTM

Sutton, Canada

#505714 Jan 12, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, wait just a minute here June.
You say you never believed anything the church preached even as a small child. You say that right here...
"Even as a child I never believed that if Jesus existed, he would be a representative of anything good. To shut out most of the world's population for not being Christian was an obnoxious teaching to my child's mind. And nothing has changed in that re-guard!"
And then you go on to say they are comparable to gorillas. You say that right here...
" I believed that all of them didn't know truth any more than a gorilla knows truth, and I questioned even if absolute truth exists TO be known."
These, just two blatant examples of how you profess you knew everything the church taught was a lie and against everything you realized as true and decent even from the time you were a small child, and you continue to hold that belief even to this day.
*At this point, I have to make note of your statements about Martin Luther, and King James(just two examples) and their disagreements with church doctrine, and how you state it was purely selfish interests on their part for dissociation with the belief system's structure. The point in noting this is to denote comparison in your own statements and actual actions regarding the relationship between the church and yourself as you have related it, and it is documented right here in black and white.
If you expect us to believe what you have related is true and actual fact about your relationship with religion and "the church", I have issues with either your credibility or your person in that you perceive that everyone around you is a fool and it is so easy to influence their credulity.
In a nutshell, If you are telling the truth about your life and beliefs as shown above, I have to wonder just what kind of person you are to remain in and support a religious organization(s) for nearly 70 years, allow them to teach and influence yourself, your children, and have influence over your entire family structure, when, in fact, you believe that "what they taught was wrong" and "didn't know truth any more than a gorilla knows truth"...as you yourself state.
I have to conclude that you are either totally careless and irresponsible, or a sociopathic, pathological liar...or both.
http://www.wikihow.com/Spot-a-Pathological-Li...
How about both, she screams fowl about innocent children being killed during war, yet supports abortion. Which is a very crude why to die, they use acid, and dissecting in a mothers womb, to stranglation in the mothers womb just before birth.
This woman is evil pure and simple.
truth

Perth, Australia

#505715 Jan 12, 2014
who is church=alive people with faith

Why you need worried?

You liked materialistic things power and money.

Why you need God just for money or power.
Shame on you.

You are now trouble, on Cross you going without that.
Why you need think who is there..I told you nobody is there no, give yourself that's all then go.
How you come you will return.
Apostol John and Peter say..Lordddddddddddd..I give my life for you.

see
now
Who are you that you going dispute what God can or can't?!
E pa sta ces brezobrazna i neshvatljiva svijeta svukud ima

it is written
I am not giving you as world give!

Prince George, Canada

#505716 Jan 12, 2014
More Wacky theology, put to music

I suggest that the Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones that show respect by singing to the ONLY god in the Abrahamic religion.

They are not ashamed as are the Catholics and the Protestants to PRAISE his real name.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Sing Praises to Jehovah

In 1984, Sing Praises to Jehovah, was released, which includes 225 songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_songs#Si...
truth

Perth, Australia

#505717 Jan 12, 2014
nobody see any saints or priest opr someone there
its cross
give yourself
john and peter do that

now
even yourloveones can't understood
did scripture explain
i your mother and joseph and your brothers and sisters going around and try find you
whats happen with you ..how you can do to us your family..yep
apostols is been some they talk to much ooo how can be

i don't see anyone there dear god on that cross
its written
take your cross

what a shame from you not understood..i know how its looks i live life like that.

by my lovly zapitalice

Prince George, Canada

#505718 Jan 12, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
How about both, she screams fowl about innocent children being killed during war, yet supports abortion. Which is a very crude why to die, they use acid, and dissecting in a mothers womb, to stranglation in the mothers womb just before birth.
This woman is evil pure and simple.
You praised Mother Teresa for starving babies, children and adults to death, while she used the money meant for them to build convents for the pope.

I believe it would have been more humane had those fetuses been aborted so they didn't have to be a show-CASE of suffering for Mother Teresa's agenda.
LTM

Sutton, Canada

#505719 Jan 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
J replied yesterday for the,first time,in weeks,. Now,I'm back to scrolling ..
And,playing candy crush ..lol
I love that game.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#505720 Jan 12, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we confirm your "spiritual discernment?"
1... Does anyone have any proof?
Nope.
2... Is there any outstanding community set-up on Biblical law that I can use as evidence?
Nope.
3... Is there any anecdotal evidence.
Nope.
Everything anyone claims is spiritually discerned has been shown to be hogwash.
Darn.
Thanks for confirming my words....You just gave another perfect example of what the Bible says. I am not spiritually discerned....the things of the Spirit of God are!!!!!!

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Prince George, Canada

#505721 Jan 12, 2014
I've never had an abortion, but I comprehend why women choose to have abortions. And I would rather they have them in clinics with professional care-givers than in back alleys or home-type abortions.

If I thought a woman was going to perform an abortion on herself and I had the spare money to take her to a clinic, I would indeed take her by the hand and walk in the clinic with her ... with no shame whatsoever.

If a creator exists and rejects me for so doing ... I will take that as a compliment.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#505722 Jan 12, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT??!!
You prefer to be "blessed" with your ignorance???
And you forgot the three most important verses:
Seentheotherside 3:16
All Seentheotherside’s posts are God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in spiritualness.
Seentheotherside 13:10-13. Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11. "Because it is given to Seentheotherside to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them Christians it is not given." 12. For whosoever hath, to Seen it shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he that he hath." 13. Therefore speak I to them Christians "in parables:" because the seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand."
Seentheotherside 13:10-46 Jesus answered,“Seen is the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Seen.”.
Glad to help the mentally challenged:

You are retarded....I prefer to be blessed: Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

I am blessed because I have not seen and yet believe....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Vikinglovespenis 56,156
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Hangman 972,391
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 38 min DENG 39,054
What's UP?!! Wasn't ya'll @ the club last night??! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,296
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 618,574
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 106,055
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web