Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590364 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505464 Jan 11, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Hmmm. And I thought you didn't like any music at all!
The end of all religion, including your FANCY, would be the best music to my ears.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505465 Jan 11, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Substitute Christian for Catholic. That would make me more comfortable...(smiles)
I have no doubt you are serious. You were a Protestant at one time ... in case you didn't remember.

Catholicism feeds your supreme arrogance to a capital T!

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505466 Jan 11, 2014
The first Catholic "cough-cough" reformers that joined the Protestant religion because they also wanted to get married, were ex-Catholic PRIESTS.

And that means that those priest took up arms to fight the powerful Catholic military.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The Evolution of Celibacy.

The first Reformers, with the exception of Melanchthon (d. 1560), were all priests.
Beelzebubba Troll

Cantonment, FL

#505467 Jan 11, 2014
Oooohhh, I'm all widdershins & quivering!

My Mythological Morphological Mysticism is showing!!

Time Stands Still! Worlds Tremble!

* a fart rings out*

"All of Time & Space A Cosmic Joke!", declares the Rabbuncible Pope, brandishing a spork filled with speared lobster & pork, and laughing @ Jewish Muslims whose lips are stained with spicy Hindi Curry & eyes are livid with fury @ his dietary blasphemy!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#505468 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as you would like me to believe that I come up short to you and Mother Teresa ... I don't agree.
I suggest that I would have used the money for feeding the starving people rather than using the money to build Catholic convents to please the pope.
First, whether you measure up to me is something you invented.

Why do you think that is?

As to measuring up to the nun, I think your choice of words sums it up: "I would have".

Point is, you didn't.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#505469 Jan 11, 2014
If the Catholic church could remove the graven images (Jesus, the saints, angels), the pagan rituals (communion, exorcism), the false prophets (popes and priests), the worship of idols (rosaries, crucifixes, statues), the worship of other gods (Mary, Jesus, St. Michael, St. Nicholas), and the concept that God "died", then and only then will they realize that the entire practice was not consistent with the revealed nature of God; that it was a distortion of truths along with a power structure that kept it as such; that it claimed to be as exalted of an authority AS God; and also has led many down a path away from the proper practices of worshipping the Most High!!!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505470 Jan 11, 2014
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
If the Catholic church could remove the graven images (Jesus, the saints, angels), the pagan rituals (communion, exorcism), the false prophets (popes and priests), the worship of idols (rosaries, crucifixes, statues), the worship of other gods (Mary, Jesus, St. Michael, St. Nicholas), and the concept that God "died", then and only then will they realize that the entire practice was not consistent with the revealed nature of God; that it was a distortion of truths along with a power structure that kept it as such; that it claimed to be as exalted of an authority AS God; and also has led many down a path away from the proper practices of worshipping the Most High!!!
Most High ... as in pile of your own manure that you preach as being based on the only truth in the universe.

Preachers all use the same RUSE in order to fill their mental cups with self-aggrandizing sermons.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505471 Jan 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
First, whether you measure up to me is something you invented.
Why do you think that is?
As to measuring up to the nun, I think your choice of words sums it up: "I would have".
Point is, you didn't.
If you view Mother Teresa starving the babies, children and adults as being HOLY ... that is because you were trained by your church to PROTECT all people, dogmas and icons that are Catholic.

I suggest that by starving humans, to use the money that was meant to feed the starving humans, to in turn build more convents, Mother Teresa was actually a serial killer.

She no-doubt didn't see it that way as she idolized other people's suffering as being holy ... but that is the way I see the issue.

And when Mother Teresa's turn came to die, she didn't die of starvation with her supposed beloved starving ones ... she died in a hospital bed with all the necessities to guarantee her comforts.
socci

Cameron, MO

#505472 Jan 11, 2014
Robert F wrote:
I think the KJV has had a pretty good run. Of course it was a take-off of the Douay-Rheims, the RC version of the time. And I think it is well liked because of its classical English.
Interpreting words, and phrases from ancient languages has obvious difficulties. And I know there are some who would believe that not one dot or letter is out of place in their Bibles.

Absolutely not; the KJV does not come from Vatican mss. There are two different manuscript streams. The Vatican's Bible comes from Alexandria Egypt where the gnostic pagans were. It is a bastardized corrupt version of the original preserved by the Orthodox at Constantinople.

KJV NT origins

http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...

(chart)
http://bibles4free.com/sitebuildercontent/sit...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505473 Jan 11, 2014
Preachers in all religions give the impression (in attitudes of humility ... of COURSE) that the creator sees all issues just as they see them.

Isn't that EVER HANDY to have a creator that never disagrees with you???

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505474 Jan 11, 2014
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not; the KJV does not come from Vatican mss. There are two different manuscript streams. The Vatican's Bible comes from Alexandria Egypt where the gnostic pagans were. It is a bastardized corrupt version of the original preserved by the Orthodox at Constantinople.
KJV NT origins
http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...
(chart)
http://bibles4free.com/sitebuildercontent/sit...
The preacher of absolute has spoken!!!

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505475 Jan 11, 2014
Whether it's absolute truth or absolute bs ... is the question???

Columbus, OH

#505476 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you view Mother Teresa starving the babies, children and adults as being HOLY ... that is because you were trained by your church to PROTECT all people, dogmas and icons that are Catholic.
I suggest that by starving humans, to use the money that was meant to feed the starving humans, to in turn build more convents, Mother Teresa was actually a serial killer.
She no-doubt didn't see it that way as she idolized other people's suffering as being holy ... but that is the way I see the issue.
And when Mother Teresa's turn came to die, she didn't die of starvation with her supposed beloved starving ones ... she died in a hospital bed with all the necessities to guarantee her comforts.
Which church would be mine, goofy?

And please identify where the nun ever starved anyone.

And please identify how you did more for the poor.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505477 Jan 11, 2014
Eager-beavers were more than willing to give an attitude when it came to messing around with words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

CatholicCulture.org

CHALLONER'S BIBLE

A revised version of the English translation of the Douay Bible and Reims New Testament, by Bishop Richard Challoner (1691-1781). Practically speaking, it was the version of the Bible used by all English-speaking Catholics until the middle of the twentieth century.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505478 Jan 11, 2014
I suggest that more than a few bibles are missing from this list ... Thomas Jefferson's bible being one.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The evolution of the English version of the Bible:

YEAR VERSION

1380 Wycliffe
1525 Tyndale
1535 Coverdale
1537 Matthew
1539 Cranmer
1560 Geneva Bible
1568 Bishops' Bible
1582 Rheims' NT
1611 Authorized Version
1750 Challoner
1881 Revised Version
1901 American Standard Version
1913-1914 Moffatt
1928 Westminster
1945 Knox
1946 RSV
1949 Basic English
1961 New English Bible
1971 The Living Bible
1971 New American Standard Bible
1976 Good News Bible Version
1978 New International Version
1979 New King James Bible

http://www.gagler.com/bible/the_bible_through...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505479 Jan 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Which church would be mine,
The one that you believe lives in your head!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505480 Jan 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
And please identify how you did more for the poor.
If I bragged, would you believe me???

I don't believe you when YOU brag.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505482 Jan 11, 2014
It states specifically that the KJV was authorized.

How funny.

All bibles were authorized by the authors.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#505483 Jan 11, 2014
Guess WHO???

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Unauthorized King James Version

http://www.catholic-legate.com/Apologetics/Sc...

Columbus, OH

#505484 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The one that you believe lives in your head!
I rest my case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min karl44 839,175
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min Tony17 100,016
Pavani Group Reviews 24 min Namrata 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 29 min dollarsbill 4,477
St Clair County IL DCFS (Sep '14) 1 hr wronglyaccused3 2
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 1 hr quilterqueen 1,425
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 1 hr quilterqueen 1,838
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 271,353
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 hr swedenforever 176,949
More from around the web