Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646811 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#505399 Jan 11, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Since I think suffering is the result of evil, in part your conjecture is correct. The point of what I am saying is that Adam and Eve were not created in spirit form first. They were created whole and entire spirit/soul/body....So there is no pre-existence except in the knowledge of God(omniscience).
God actually limits suffering, otherwise we would be far worse off....
By the standards of your goofy theology, of course Adam and Eve existed in spirit-form before your God created them in physical form. That was the point of my post.

Your imaginary god should have LEFT them in spirit-form, where your theologians claim that he wanted them to STAY before they wandered away from god.

It ought to be plain to you, that your god is the cause of humans supposedly wandering away. God MADE them wander away by creating Adam and Eve in physical form.

Ridiculous blather!

Kitwanga, Canada

#505400 Jan 11, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider topix. There are evil writers on topix...
And you perceive that YOU are one of the HOLY writers!

Pompous ASS!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#505401 Jan 11, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
So lets sum up her last retarded statement that fails any logic test one could apply.
June says she can't verify anything she believes in.
Then everything she accuses you or I about is moot, because she as no assurance that anything she spits out of her imagination has any validity.
She then goes on to say we can't verify anything we believe in, but to make that statement she must have some assurance, some verification that is true if not she now qualifies as a crazy person for she is judging and condemning people's beliefs on the basis, a position of doubt not knowing.
The Hypocrisy of her statements is quite apparent, what she gets so angry and her back up against the most, she practices more than anyone and is the worst offender.
She will tell you in affect that there are no absolutes and she is sure that this is absolutely true, her statements are self defeating.
or she will say your truth is not my truth but yet she believes that truth is for all people.
Or to sum she believes you can eat the whole cake and you still have a cake in front of you after doing so.
Her Ideas lead to people being dead in Spirit and Flesh.
She loves being Evil and caution is advised.
No Christian Here believes,her arguments,CIB..She,is, I included in our prayers,.
I scroll ..so do many others,...

Kitwanga, Canada

#505402 Jan 11, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Correct. Religion is not a predictor of a human's capability to do evil, rather with the right devotion, one seeks to avoid doing evil.
As did your church-fathers when they claimed that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed because they had become Jesus' enemies ... RIGHT Catholic-Robert???

John Chrysostom is one of your favorite church-fathers and that was his attitude.

I suggest that your self-indulgent attitude is anything BUT good.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#505403 Jan 11, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> All you have is a can of mixed nuts. Why do you have to be so mean spirited? No one cares if you believe as Catholic's or protestants or orthodox or anything else. It is plain to everyone where you stand. The question is why do you feel the need to flood the forum with your hatred? We is it that you have no respect for other people here? Why do you feel the need to stay when it is clear that you are killing this forum and hardly anyone posts anymore due to your attacks on every single person here? Let me take a stab at the answer. I think it is because its all about YOU.You and the need for attention. Try a little Love.It goes a long way.
SCROLL SIS,..seriously ...rather than getting upset ..She stated m a ny time s,her purpose,is,to have no one believe in any Religion..why answer...I do occasion a lot about once a,month ..just pray for her

Kitwanga, Canada

#505404 Jan 11, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
One, or both of those statements are built on insufficient understanding. But it is better to be wrong, and then corrected, then just be stubbornly ignorant.
Do you believe on one hand that Jesus will save you to eternal bliss, but one the other hand claim that you would never presume who god will save???

Those are two contradictory statements.

But I realize that such double-talking to your self seems normal.

Kitwanga, Canada

#505405 Jan 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No Christian Here believes,her arguments,CIB..She,is, I included in our prayers,.
I scroll ..so do many others,...
Do you believe that your faith in Jesus will save you ... but on the other hand never presume who god will save???

You can't have it both ways.

If you don't have complete faith that your belief in Jesus saves you ... then you have DOUBT ... and your religion forbids you to HAVE doubt that Jesus will save you.

You people are so used to double-talking ... you probably don't even recognize that you ARE double-talking.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#505406 Jan 11, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
June doesn't know the difference between a joke and a snide insinuation--or doesn't believe others are capable of realizing her inference(s) of degrading their person as she places a false "icon"(smiley face) at the end of a libel and degrading statement about their person with the intent of evading the responsibility of being held accountable for her despicable utterance(s).
The epitome of deceit and hatred.
every post, on tve Last paces,os,FROM IR T9 JUNE .

so ......

Kitwanga, Canada

#505407 Jan 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SCROLL SIS,..seriously ...rather than getting upset ..She stated m a ny time s,her purpose,is,to have no one believe in any Religion..why answer...I do occasion a lot about once a,month ..just pray for her
You came on this thread to convert others to Christianity (your version of course)... but it's not working your way, and that is what upsets you.

And I suggest that you won't leave ... no matter how what others write rocks your boat. And from my perception it is good that you stay. I suggest that you won't learn truth ... but you WILL learn that your way of perceiving is just one among many, many other ways of perceiving.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#505408 Jan 11, 2014
From. To About JUNE '......So what does,that say sbout us,and,our focus

I pray june opens,her heart to the,Lord .

But every word she posts,is,against HIM.and,our beliefs, why answer .

Its,the same daily

Kitwanga, Canada

#505409 Jan 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text> every post, on tve Last paces,os,FROM IR T9 JUNE .
so ......
There's always room for more. Space on a forum is never limited. All are welcome ... even non-Christians.

:)

Kitwanga, Canada

#505410 Jan 11, 2014
From all accounts of Christian theologians ... there will only BE Christians in "heaven."

Of course the believers have to first decide whether it will be only Catholics or Protestants that will be allowed.

Apparently Jehovah has no say in the matter whatsoever.

Kitwanga, Canada

#505411 Jan 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
From. To About JUNE '......So what does,that say sbout us,and,our focus
I pray june opens,her heart to the,Lord .
But every word she posts,is,against HIM.and,our beliefs, why answer .
Its,the same daily
Why would you WANT me to open my heart to a supposed savior that only allows Christians such as you in heaven?

If Jesus existed he was narrow of mind and he was also anti-Semitic as were his Catholic church-fathers who I suggest created him in their own images.

Religion is BUNK.

Kitwanga, Canada

#505412 Jan 11, 2014
Male theologians in all religions created saviors in their own images.

I suggest that that is why there was never a female-savior anywhere in the teachings of ancient religions.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#505413 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There's always room for more. Space on a forum is never limited. All are welcome ... even non-Christians.
It's,free speech for sure ....

But we do not have to answer June ..

I'm sure you're a,moral person in your way..You just hate everything we sand for ...it's a ease of time ...IMO answering the same things,daily ..over and over and over ...

I look at pages I've missed ..every one to or about or MOSTLY BY YOU ...

Our FAITH says,to tell you the TRUTH...WE HAVE over and over .
We should pray for you ..I will continue,

As,for your constant barrage,of nformation....enjoy it ..as,no one else does,June .
You NEVER EVER let any answer sink in.
.SO WHY BOTHER
Peace,

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#505414 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By the standards of your goofy theology, of course Adam and Eve existed in spirit-form before your God created them in physical form. That was the point of my post.
Your imaginary god should have LEFT them in spirit-form, where your theologians claim that he wanted them to STAY before they wandered away from god.
It ought to be plain to you, that your god is the cause of humans supposedly wandering away. God MADE them wander away by creating Adam and Eve in physical form.
Ridiculous blather!
June

Although some Christians may assume Adam and Eve were in some spiritual form before they were created bodily, and that you share these beliefs, there is no biblical support for this belief.

To be in the Mind of God is not necessarily, or arbitrarily being in spiritual form.

It would seem your beliefs on this matter need a "citation" (as NASL puts it.)

Otherwise I will continue to believe the biblical account that God created man out of the dust of the earth and breathed into him life, and Eve was taken from his side....

Location hidden

#505415 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And you perceive that YOU are one of the HOLY writers!
Pompous ASS!
June

Well, topix has not thrown me off its forums yet!

Location hidden

#505416 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As did your church-fathers when they claimed that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed because they had become Jesus' enemies ... RIGHT Catholic-Robert???
John Chrysostom is one of your favorite church-fathers and that was his attitude.
I suggest that your self-indulgent attitude is anything BUT good.
June

Interpret, assume, suggest....Sooner or later you might come back to logic and faith.....

Location hidden

#505417 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe on one hand that Jesus will save you to eternal bliss, but one the other hand claim that you would never presume who god will save???
Those are two contradictory statements.
But I realize that such double-talking to your self seems normal.
June

Get it together! Beliefs and presumptions are different animals....

Location hidden

#505418 Jan 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's,free speech for sure ....
But we do not have to answer June ..
I'm sure you're a,moral person in your way..You just hate everything we sand for ...it's a ease of time ...IMO answering the same things,daily ..over and over and over ...
I look at pages I've missed ..every one to or about or MOSTLY BY YOU ...
Our FAITH says,to tell you the TRUTH...WE HAVE over and over .
We should pray for you ..I will continue,
As,for your constant barrage,of nformation....enjoy it ..as,no one else does,June .
You NEVER EVER let any answer sink in.
.SO WHY BOTHER
Peace,
RoSesz

Peace

I suppose it is a matter of discontinuity and disconnection. It seems to me that most conversations might last more than two posts. In a sense, it is as a baby trying to connect two or more words together, then sentences, paragraphs, and beyond.

Disconnected information, without reasoning, and exploring the back-round and issues involved results in merely giving random opinions....Perhaps not totally random, but deriving themselves from a common intent.

It is good to pray for June in her spiritual search, but also there is a practical need to engage her to help make things more logical for her. Also in doing do so, this helps oneself in bringing reason to faith in oneself.

As she often repeats herself, and this is more or less a creed, one generally does not break a creed. So it has to be a shared learning experience....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min Student 44,713
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min It aint necessari... 49,277
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Freebird USA 182,658
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 24 min Thinking 14
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min Lbj 105,652
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min ChristineM 445,746
Russia to be TOP EXPORTER of Non-GMO Foods 51 min HiddnNumbrz 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Buck Crick 971,785
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 16 hr taylorr 25
More from around the web