Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703564 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Sutton, Canada

#505435 Jan 11, 2014
“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway....
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

~ Mother Teresa
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#505436 Jan 11, 2014
Experience trumps Assumption

Whoopi Goldberg.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#505437 Jan 11, 2014
LTM wrote:
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
~ Mother Teresa
I suggest she was held to her supposed "faith" by fear that is she didn't, "God" would deny her of bliss in the afterlife.

That is not a base for good mental health. She wanted to die to leave the earth and become a saint in "heaven."

Mythical nonsense!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light … The Private Writings of the “Saint of Calcutta”… edited and with commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.

Retreat Notes of Mother Teresa, March 29 – April 12, 1959

1. Do I really try to praise, reverence and serve God? I want but don’t. Do I put this into daily practice? No. In ALL my actions? Except for the first offering to the S.H.[Sacred Heart] in the morning—the rest of the day is like a stone. Yet my heart is all and only His—my mind & will are fixed on Him—the whole time.

2. Do I value the salvation of my soul? I don’t believe I have a soul. There is nothing in me. Am I working in earnest for the salvation of other souls? There was a burning zeal in my soul for souls from childhood until I said “yes” to God & then all is gone. Now I don’t believe.

3. What use am I making of creatures? I have no attachment.

4. Am I truly indifferent to my work, the companions with whom I work, my health, my success, my failure? Yes. Am I indifferent to the love and affection of my companions and the people for whom I work? Yes.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#505438 Jan 11, 2014
I suggest the Mother Teresa knew she was a fraud, but she didn't want the public to know, as she begged the hierarchy to destroy her personal letters to them. But for the GOOD of the church, the hierarchy put them into book form for all the world to see that although Mother was confused, she never turned away "completely" from her faith in god and the church. I suggest that what they want Catholic-followers to believe, is "Although you might be confused at what we teach you, if you stick with us, you can also be a saint as was and is Mother Teresa."

What a lot of deception!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light … The Private Writings of the “Saint of Calcutta”… edited and with commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.

People say they are drawn closer to God by my faith.—Is this not deceiving people? Every time I have wanted to tell the truth—“that I have no faith”—the words just do not come—my mouth remains closed.—And yet I still keep on smiling at God and all.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#505439 Jan 11, 2014
LTM wrote:
~ Mother Teresa
This appears to have been a poem written by Kent M. Keith that Mother Teresa appreciated rather than actually having been written by her.

Nevertheless.

Good stuff.
Liam

East Hartford, CT

#505440 Jan 11, 2014
LTM wrote:
~ Mother Teresa
Love it. I've never come across that before.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#505441 Jan 11, 2014
EACH IN HIS OWN TONGUE
by: William Herbert Carruth (1859-1924)

FIRE-MIST and a planet,--
A crystal and a cell,--
A jelly-fish and a saurian,
And caves where the cave-men dwell;
Then a sense of law and beauty,
And a face turned from the clod,--
Some call it Evolution,
And others call it God.

A haze on the far horizon,
The infinite, tender sky,
The ripe, rich tint of the cornfields,
And the wild geese sailing high,--
And all over the upland and lowland
The charm of the goldenrod,--
Some of us call it Autumn,
And others call it God.

Like tides on a crescent sea-beach,
When the moon is new and thin,
Into our hearts high yearnings
Come welling and surging in,--
Come from the mystic ocean
Whose rim no foot has trod,--
Some of us call it longing,
And others call it God.

A picket frozen on duty,--
A mother starved for her brood,--
Socrates drinking the hemlock,
And Jesus on the rood;
And millions who, humble and nameless,
The straight, hard pathways plod,--
Some call it Consecration,
And others call it God.

"Each in His Own Tongue" is reprinted from The Little Book of American Poets. Ed. Jessie B. Rittenhouse. Cambridge: The Riverside Press, 1915.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#505442 Jan 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
This appears to have been a poem written by Kent M. Keith that Mother Teresa appreciated rather than actually having been written by her.
Nevertheless.
Good stuff.
Anybody can write sentimental slop.

John Chrysostom was full of oozy slop that he wrote for the church. But in real-life he was a serial killer, as he wrote other philosophy that stated the Jews were the enemies of Jesus that ought to be slayed.

The fact is, that Mother Teresa (in her own words) claimed to use the money meant to feed starving babies, to in turn build converts where more nuns could be trained to become saints.

She was a heartless woman that served her cult of Catholicism and allowed the tiny babies to starve to death while in her supposed CARE!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#505443 Jan 11, 2014
The Missionary Position

Hitchens primarily condemns Mother Teresa for redirecting contributions to open a global network of convents in place of building the teaching hospital she promised donors. He also makes direct claims that Mother Teresa was no "friend to the poor," and that she opposed structural measures to end poverty, particularly those that would raise the status of women. He argues she was a tool by which the Catholic Church furthered its political and theological aims

He argues that Teresa's own words on poverty proved that her intention was not to actively end suffering, citing a 1981 press conference in which she was asked: "Do you teach the poor to endure their lot?" and responded, "I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Missionary_P...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#505444 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody can write sentimental slop.
John Chrysostom was full of oozy slop that he wrote for the church. But in real-life he was a serial killer, as he wrote other philosophy that stated the Jews were the enemies of Jesus that ought to be slayed.
The fact is, that Mother Teresa (in her own words) claimed to use the money meant to feed starving babies, to in turn build converts where more nuns could be trained to become saints.
She was a heartless woman that served her cult of Catholicism and allowed the tiny babies to starve to death while in her supposed CARE!
I have no interest in defending Mother Teresa; I know little about her.

I suspect, however, if you measure your life against hers, you'll come up short.

After all, you're here posting angry rants rather than building convents or feeding the hungry, eh?
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#505445 Jan 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming my words....You just gave another perfect example of what the Bible says. I am not spiritually discerned....the things of the Spirit of God are!!!!!!
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
We are confirming each other's words.

How do we confirm your "spiritual discernment?" We have no evidence other than your own rants.

Again I ask...

1... Does anyone have any proof? Nope.

2... Is there any outstanding community set-up on Biblical law that I can use as evidence? Nope.

3... Is there any anecdotal evidence that I can see to demonstrate who holds the truth - for example, JC said to judge us by our deeds, not words. Nope?

You are all words and no deeds.

That is reason enough to doubt your ability to discern anything spiritually.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#505446 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that the reason you left Atheism to once again join your Catholic religion is that as an Atheist you had to perceive your self as being one of a gang of simple mortal animals ... and that wasn't enough for your STYLE of pompous greediness. You missed the ability to preach DOWN at others as being fodder for hell ... while you were certain that you and John Chrysostom and the other church-fathers were superior to not only the Jews, but to those in all other religions, Agnostics and Atheists combined.
You can stuff your religion where the sun doesn't shine, as I perceive you as a pompous ass.
June

Who am I to try and change your mind for you..., or why?

I am more amazed at the sharpness of your tongue and softness of your ideas....

Now I see....

Location hidden

#505447 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ... I don't! I read it and thought it to be based on very silly notions indeed!
June

Read it again!

Location hidden

#505448 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theology began long before Christianity, Islam and Wicca.
The Hindu Genesis (Origin of Life)
This project aims to chart out common ancestors through deliberation upon evidence, common or similar, found in the Vedas, Puranas, Shrutis, Smritis, Upanyas' and Upanishads of the Indian sub-continent, and the Bible, the Tanach / Mirqa and the Quran without bias.
http://www.geni.com/projects/The-Hindu-Genesi...
June

Yes. Go study some classical philology.

Orlando, FL

#505449 Jan 11, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Peace
It has been a very long time since I went into Christian apologetics, and I vaguely remember this question. But had to look up the answer.
There were 4,000 chariots. There were 10 horses per chariot. Simple math here gives 40,000 horses with 40,000 stalls.
The question of the 12,000 horsemen is a bit more difficult, as some may be multiple riders in the chariots, and perhaps those strictly on horseback....Chariots carried of up to 10 people in them(not like the races of Charlton Heston "Ben Hur" fame), for war....
Thanks for the question.
Peace
Another apologist KJV

http://www.kjvtoday.com/home/40000-or-4000-in...

The only way to address this would be through the original Hebrew translations. No doubt the original meanings have been skewed.

It's interesting that no one here would think to do research from a Jewish perspective.

That is, if one really cared about the truth, rather than simply defending a pre-determined conclusion.

Orlando, FL

#505450 Jan 11, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> It wasn't to be, you were born at the wrong time and place for you to have had a chance to see him with your own eyes. Don't fret we have the bible, and it has everything you need to know, but you'll have to read and study it to get to know God.
I have to read and study the Bible to understand it.

That sounds easy enough. After all, the smartest being in the Universe should be able to write something clear and amazing, something that men of good will can read and study and agree.

Based on that logic, the Bible is NOT from any god.

What percentage of Christians agree with you? Why do so many disagree?

In 1861, why did Christians in the South believe the Bible says that slavery is OK, while Christians in the North read the same Bible and believed the exact opposite.

You have no evidence beyond your own ego that what you believe about god is any more true than anyone else.

That's a fact.

Orlando, FL

#505451 Jan 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Should you like a response to what you say....address my post:
Thanks for confirming my words....You just gave another perfect example of what the Bible says. I am not spiritually discerned....the things of the Spirit of God are!!!!!!
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Am full up on senseless prattle...
So Jesus has appeared to you? Does Jesus appear to you often?

LMAO. On the surface, you just don't sound very "spiritual." But if the Creator of the Universe is talking to you, please ask JC who will win the Super Bowl.

Oops, sorry, spiritual discernment never yields anything THAT practical.

Pity.

socci

United States

#505452 Jan 11, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
I have to read and study the Bible to understand it.
That sounds easy enough. After all, the smartest being in the Universe should be able to write something clear and amazing, something that men of good will can read and study and agree.
Based on that logic, the Bible is NOT from any god.
What percentage of Christians agree with you? Why do so many disagree?
In 1861, why did Christians in the South believe the Bible says that slavery is OK, while Christians in the North read the same Bible and believed the exact opposite.
You have no evidence beyond your own ego that what you believe about god is any more true than anyone else.
That's a fact.

First understand that SPAIN brought the Africans to ALL the Americas following Columbus 1492. Then AFTER 1776 in the USA south there was very few law enforcement for anything. Drugs were legal. Pass all the laws you want - there was no enforcement. The Christians did not own slaves, Planters did. We know George Washington, Jefferson and Franklin all owned slaves, and they were not Christians. The Carroll family also were major Planters, they were Catholic like Spain.

The Bible was never used to justify any of that, rather Rome's fascist empire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_S...
http://www.reformation.org/new-world-holocaus...
http://archive.org/details/HistoryOfAfricanSl...

There are no contradictions in the KJV, or earlier Geneva Bible 1560, because it is from God. If you want to check the Hebrew use a Strong's Concordance. This is done all the time. We have a perfect English translation.
http://www.apostolic-churches.net/bible/stron...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoretic_Text
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...
http://youtu.be/xyfwg4PSdKA

101 Cleared-up Bible 'Contradictions'
http://web.comhem.se/~u18208324/min/contrad.h...
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/bible.htm
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#505453 Jan 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in defending Mother Teresa; I know little about her.
I suspect, however, if you measure your life against hers, you'll come up short.
After all, you're here posting angry rants rather than building convents or feeding the hungry, eh?
As much as you would like me to believe that I come up short to you and Mother Teresa ... I don't agree.

I suggest that I would have used the money for feeding the starving people rather than using the money to build Catholic convents to please the pope.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#505454 Jan 11, 2014
Robert F,... being an Atheist for a very brief time ... "I can't take it any longer. I have to preach how wonderful I am, and my Catholic religion gives me that BOOST.

"I am Robert. I am Catholic. I am saved" I understand the workings of the universe. I will never be anything but a servant to God, as I shun the devil at every turn. I vow, I will not return again to Atheism, as it never gave me the HIGHS that I am sure to receive from my religion. Amen and Amen and Amen! Praise God who is wise enough to see how wonderful I am in all my glory. My angel-wings are growing as I preach."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Quivering Lip Lib... 87,421
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,408
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,915
Making DEVILS Rich 7 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 1
why Donald Trump is president (Oct '17) 9 hr Fhreep Pun Ho III 33
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 10 hr Big Al 223,071
School honoring Confed general 2B Renamed 4 Bar... 10 hr Cordon Bleu 1