Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654352 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#505379 Jan 10, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Not true.....
That IS what your religion teaches is based on truth. The majority of the people on earth are not Christians.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Yet you belong to a religion where you have such disrespect for other humans that you believe they deserve to spend eternity in hell.

From my perspective, such a system of belief is not based on respect of other humans whatsoever.

Quesnel, Canada

#505380 Jan 10, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I can not or will not speak for God..
The religion is which you invest all of your faith teaches that God WILL reject those who refuse to believe that Jesus is the savior of all humankind.

Why are you lying???

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#505381 Jan 10, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Where does it say that Satan was an angel, and the most beautiful angel on top of that, please let me know.
Ezekile 28:14 states that Satan was the anointed cherub that covereth. A cherub is not just an angel but he was a Cherub. A cherub is one of the highest positions of the heavenly host. Satan was the cherub that was te guardian of Gods throne..........TILL INIQUITY WAS FOUND IN HIM AND INSTEAD OF GUARDING GODS THRONE, HE WANTED TO SIT ON GODS THRONE.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#505382 Jan 10, 2014
Often I refer people to Ezekiel 28 where it addresses Satan in one of his many names and roles. In Ezekiel 28 many people are confused as to who this King of Tyre is in tha tchapter.

King of Tyre is just one of the many names of Satan. Prince of Tyre is another name for Satan as well. King of Tyre was one of the names of Lucifer """"" "BEFORE" he fell. After he fell he was called the Prince of Tyre. This is confusing even to many Christians that are unfamiliar with the many names and roles of Satan.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#505383 Jan 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The religion is which you invest all of your faith teaches that God WILL reject those who refuse to believe that Jesus is the savior of all humankind.
Why are you lying???
It's ok June if you don't want to talk about your past addiction.Some people need time to work things out before they can trust again.
truth

Claremont, Australia

#505384 Jan 10, 2014
could you imagen your cklavir as horse teeth under 6.3 degree shape
similar like that as you see wall opening on other secret side..

tricky as trikirovichi ha ha ha very easy tracking mind yep from nothing to something in within sin going mljac mljac =did you see someone who eat and speak..animal kingdom is full of that over land and water as sea

Could you describe skin or any other organs in geometric way as where? as well why?

Majko od aljmasha moli za nas!
truth

Claremont, Australia

#505385 Jan 10, 2014
kad se otcipe kontinenti sto ces imat
amabas nista
onda ces govoriti
moli za nas majko iz ambasha
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#505386 Jan 11, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezekile 28:14 states that Satan was the anointed cherub that covereth. A cherub is not just an angel but he was a Cherub. A cherub is one of the highest positions of the heavenly host. Satan was the cherub that was te guardian of Gods throne..........TILL INIQUITY WAS FOUND IN HIM AND INSTEAD OF GUARDING GODS THRONE, HE WANTED TO SIT ON GODS THRONE.
Satan's pretend, son.

And "Ezekile" is believed by many experts to have suffered from mental illness.
truth

Claremont, Australia

#505387 Jan 11, 2014
mental illiness is not as others demonic policy want

its exist
-very law organization
-its exist very high organization
which want ruin every person and every family

did they are call them-self holy killers?

how many poor photo and documents they will claim as well produce..

nobody to much care
because evil going toward them too
o yes everything stay in circle death and life

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#505388 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If your imaginary god had not created Adam and Eve, we would still be in spirit-form. So suffering is all your god's fault, as he made a mess for which he refused to take responsibility!
tongue in cheek
June

Peace

Since you can't make up your mind if suffering exists or does not exist, depending upon God, or "just the way the universe is", then you can't figure out what a mess really is....

The bible does not say Adam and Eve were only in "spirit-form" when God created them. Actually, it seems quite the opposite, since they needed food for their bodies....You have been listening to myths and suppositions concerning the bible, and "maybe" believing them. Wow!

Peace

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#505389 Jan 11, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.

Kitwanga, Canada

#505390 Jan 11, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Peace
Since you can't make up your mind if suffering exists or does not exist, depending upon God, or "just the way the universe is", then you can't figure out what a mess really is....
The bible does not say Adam and Eve were only in "spirit-form" when God created them. Actually, it seems quite the opposite, since they needed food for their bodies....You have been listening to myths and suppositions concerning the bible, and "maybe" believing them. Wow!
Peace
As usual you took my post completely out of context to create your own story.

I suggested that (within your goofy theology), if the creator had left us in spirit-form rather than creating Adam and Eve in physical form ... there would BE no suffering of humans. And the idea that the creator knew ahead of time what he was doing, means that he WANTED humans to suffer. He should have left well-enough alone.

Suffering of not only human-life, but of all other forms of life is the creator's FAULT! Even your devil could not have existed without the approval of the creator.

However, as religion was and is based on fantasy ... what else is new in your world of fantasy since last we visited???

Kitwanga, Canada

#505391 Jan 11, 2014
Those in religion have a habit of telling little white lies.

For instance, a Christian will say, "I have absolute faith that my belief in Jesus will assure my salvation, as Jesus took away all my sin when he died for me on the cross."

And then the same Christian will say ... "I have no way of knowing who God will choose to save and who he will reject."

Now, one of those statements is based on a little white lie.

Kitwanga, Canada

#505392 Jan 11, 2014
I suggest that the dogma that Jesus died for sin and in turn all that would be necessary to escape hell in the afterlife would be to believe in Jesus ... was one of the worst dogmas ever invented by theologians.

For instance ... Christian ministers have murdered their wives so that they could marry their mistresses. I suggest they felt "safe" to commit that horrific crime "because" they were sure that Jesus automatically took away their supposed sin when they confessed that sin TO Jesus.

The hair-flipping arrogant Ann Coulter who preaches that type of nonsense in mega-churches is popular with those to whom she tells the same type of story. She believes she has the fast-track to heaven. All she has to do is believe in Jesus ... period!

The dogma that Jesus died for Christian sins allows some devout believers the leeway to kill their spouses, without the plot even so much as bothering the conscience to shock the conscience back to life, and in turn SHOUT at the self ... "What I am about to do is wrong."

Religion is NOT good!

Kitwanga, Canada

#505393 Jan 11, 2014
And as history proved over and over and over ... no matter which religion, the religion itself will not guarantee that humans will do no harm. I suggest that we can't help it that our human nature is based on extreme selfishness. All we can do is to try to be a little less selfish and work on that premise in the hopes that we will keep ourselves from totally going out of control to our own self-centered desires.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Convicted of Arranging His Wife's Murder, Rabbi Gets a Life Sentence

By ROBERT HANLEY

Convicted of Arranging His Wife's Murder, Rabbi Gets a Life SentenceBy ROBERT HANLEYAfter two of his children and three of his in-laws denounced him as evil, cowardly and arrogant, a South Jersey rabbi was sentenced to life in prison today for hiring a friend to kill his wife. The prison term for the rabbi, Fred J. Neulander, was the only legal option available today to the sentencing judge, Linda G. Baxter of New Jersey Superior Court, because the jury that convicted the rabbi last Nov. 20 voted two days later not to sentence him to death.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/times...

Location hidden

#505394 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you took my post completely out of context to create your own story.
I suggested that (within your goofy theology), if the creator had left us in spirit-form rather than creating Adam and Eve in physical form ... there would BE no suffering of humans. And the idea that the creator knew ahead of time what he was doing, means that he WANTED humans to suffer. He should have left well-enough alone.
Suffering of not only human-life, but of all other forms of life is the creator's FAULT! Even your devil could not have existed without the approval of the creator.
However, as religion was and is based on fantasy ... what else is new in your world of fantasy since last we visited???
June

Since I think suffering is the result of evil, in part your conjecture is correct. The point of what I am saying is that Adam and Eve were not created in spirit form first. They were created whole and entire spirit/soul/body....So there is no pre-existence except in the knowledge of God(omniscience).

God actually limits suffering, otherwise we would be far worse off....

Consider topix. There are evil writers on topix(whether they acknowledge themselves or not as writing evil). Topix LIMITS the evil writers(an the sufferings they would inflict), by their enforcement of some regulations. If this were not so, then the forums would run rampant, and in general, they would lose their "good" loyal writers....

Likewise, God limits suffering....

Location hidden

#505395 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Those in religion have a habit of telling little white lies.
For instance, a Christian will say, "I have absolute faith that my belief in Jesus will assure my salvation, as Jesus took away all my sin when he died for me on the cross."
And then the same Christian will say ... "I have no way of knowing who God will choose to save and who he will reject."
Now, one of those statements is based on a little white lie.
June

One, or both of those statements are built on insufficient understanding. But it is better to be wrong, and then corrected, then just be stubbornly ignorant.

Kitwanga, Canada

#505396 Jan 11, 2014
I suggest that the teaching of religion has done far more harm than good.

To teach humans that they must kill to defend dogmas in their own cults has been one of the worst tragedies to ever infect human psyches.

I can't imagine anything more ignorant than killing each other over the silly dogma of who the god loves and who the god will reject. And to make the situation even more ludicrous ... at the same time the believers are feigning humility by making statements such as "I would never presume to decide who God will save!"

If you can't see how silly you are for indulging your selves in such idiocy ... you don't WANT to see. It's as simple as THAT!

Location hidden

#505397 Jan 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
And as history proved over and over and over ... no matter which religion, the religion itself will not guarantee that humans will do no harm. I suggest that we can't help it that our human nature is based on extreme selfishness. All we can do is to try to be a little less selfish and work on that premise in the hopes that we will keep ourselves from totally going out of control to our own self-centered desires.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Convicted of Arranging His Wife's Murder, Rabbi Gets a Life Sentence
By ROBERT HANLEY
Convicted of Arranging His Wife's Murder, Rabbi Gets a Life SentenceBy ROBERT HANLEYAfter two of his children and three of his in-laws denounced him as evil, cowardly and arrogant, a South Jersey rabbi was sentenced to life in prison today for hiring a friend to kill his wife. The prison term for the rabbi, Fred J. Neulander, was the only legal option available today to the sentencing judge, Linda G. Baxter of New Jersey Superior Court, because the jury that convicted the rabbi last Nov. 20 voted two days later not to sentence him to death.
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/times...
June

Correct. Religion is not a predictor of a human's capability to do evil, rather with the right devotion, one seeks to avoid doing evil.
Numerological Troll

Cantonment, FL

#505398 Jan 11, 2014
Any bets on how much longer it will be until this thread hits 1,000,000 posts?

Or will the Apocalypse occur before then?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 64,461
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min DebraE 106,596
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min bad bob 183,209
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min RiccardoFire 45,277
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 30 min WasteWater 2,597
Encourage Teenage Girls To Have Sex (Oct '11) 56 min Horny jack 26 male 29
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 58 min Horny jack 26 male 14
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 973,918
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web