Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701335 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#504690 Jan 6, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no control over your ignorant delusions about me.
You have no control over your own ignorant delusions concerning your religion.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#504691 Jan 6, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no control over your ignorant delusions about me.
I agree she is very ignorant and just here to spit her hate for life. I suggest we all ignore her as I have. She is not worth your time. Good luck.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504692 Jan 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>.
GOD IS,OUR ONLY HOLY FATHER ..AMEN
The Jews fathered Jehovah, and the Catholics tried in vain to lure the affections of Jehovah over to their cult.

Whether or not Jehovah fell for the Catholic LINE ... remains for you to see after you die and fly off to ... who knows where???

Religion is bunk!
truth

Perth, Australia

#504693 Jan 6, 2014
I am going fill up my form for passport.

Why people liked claim my name?

I liked see my mother ones more.
I love my people very much.
I mist my small place where I born.
Oh!
They did not know ability what people can do.
O yes!
Usual they withing poor documents from 'vazda pazi' very sneaky dangerous people.
I never liked any Authority which hurt people at all.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#504694 Jan 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get angry; get honest.
Hogwash....Lying Snake.....go hiss with your ilk....
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504695 Jan 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What else can I say?? Pure stupidity.....trying in vain to support the obtuse logic of looking in a English dictionary for the meaning of a Greek word!!!!
Would that then BE the Lord Jehovah???

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Church

Greek kyriakon (adj.) "of the Lord"

Location hidden

#504696 Jan 6, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are a sore LOSER.
So here, take another look:
"Which proves my point, that they only invented this "hell" myth, then replaced other words with hell. But they really mean different things. You've been lied to. Deceived. Why cannot you see that? "
I will not argue with a fool....I have shown you the truth...do whatever with it...

Location hidden

#504697 Jan 6, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that does not answer my question.
So again:
"And what proof did you ever demand to see, and receive, that proves beyond any doubt, that your "god" is real, and that he wrote your book of lies?"
You are retarded....I prefer to be blessed: Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#504698 Jan 6, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you deny the existence of what is called.
Papyri
SNIPPED
and do you deny the existence of the The Rylands Papyrus 52
Oldest NT Manuscripts http://www.usefulcharts.com/religion/oldest-b...
What you assert is absurd and you know nothing of Bible
Another from Fr Kenneth Ryan:

"here is a summary of how the Bible came to us. First of all, we have absolutely none of the original manuscripts. There disappearance is easy to understand in the case of the OT texts, with there antiquity, the destruction of Jerusalem, and the dispersal of the Jewish race.
With the NT, the originals were probably worn out by constant use or destroyed in the persecution of the early Church. We have rather inaccurate copies of inaccurate copies.
In the first two centuries when the NT was being copied, the writing mate.rial was reeds and sheets of papyrus. The papyrus was a plant with pith in its stem that could be cut into strips and dried. The strips were layed down vertically side by side with a horizontal layer placed on top and the whole arrangement gummed together and sandpapered. The sheets could be glued together into strips and rolled up. The epistle to the Romans would be about 12' long; the Book of Matthew, about 30 feet.
About the year 300, it became common to put the sheets into codex form. But these early collections seldom or never contained the whole Bible. The canon or list of truly inspired books was still being determined. About the same time, there was a general change from papyrus to parchment. Only about the year 800 were copyist able to import a kind of paper from Asia.
The scarcity and incompleteness of manuscripts- in addition to stenographic transpositions- made it very hard to "look up" anything in the Bible. Until the 13th century, the books of the Bible weren't even divided into chapters. The further convenience of a division into verses didn't come until after the invention of the printing press. Neither the chapter or verse divisions were always made according to the thought of the authors and our newest versions of the Scriptures are still trying to correct those faults.

"chapter and verse" quotation of scriptures became the in more modern times the stock of in trade of apologists and proselytizers alike. It could have been Mark Twain who first told the story of the two preachers who knew their Bibles "backward and forwards". Their debate went:
"I cannot agree with you of Genesis 18:39"
"have you considered Deuteronomy 7:27"
"Yes, indeed, but then how do you account for Lev 18:31?"
"by taking it in connection with Exodus 7:42"
"you win, I hadn't thought of that"
If you're talkin of a modern, neatly bound Bible, you'd have to either say its a product of the Catholic Church or believe it fell from Heaven already printed as some people seem to think. All the authors of the NT were certainly members of the Church. All the copyist and those who paid them were certainly members and promoters of the Church. All the Popes and early scholarly authorities who determined what books were "allowed" in the Bible were certainly members of the Church. A shorter way of saying all of this is to say we got the Bible from the Church.

Location hidden

#504699 Jan 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How about looking in the Greek language for a word that was morphed into the new testament as the savior of ONLY Catholics.
Word-trickery is common-place among USERS.
CatholicCulture.Org
I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
What else can I say?? Pure stupidity.....trying in vain to support the obtuse logic of looking in a English dictionary for the meaning of a Greek word!!!!
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504700 Jan 6, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree she is very ignorant and just here to spit her hate for life.
I suggest it's better than spitting my hate for death ... as did the Christians as they burned others at the stake while serving the hateful "god."

I want people to stop fighting and killing over religion ... and you want them to continue.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504701 Jan 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not argue with a fool....I have shown you the truth...do whatever with it...
To see truth, does one have to be WISE as YOU have complete FAITH in the idea that YOU are WISE???

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#504702 Jan 6, 2014
So many liked go on other way..see read wide way!
see word
brishi=go away
see brist.. Bristol see words
brishi=someone liked run away or someone kick out
see
I walk in school as small passage!
I look in sky, i find that position..year 5 or year 6..from that day I know I will be here..far away from my country.
Mum I told to my real mother I will left you and never return.
No she say don't speak like that, go pray never talk like that story.

Bristol!
see sil
see on top of finger when you vezak vezla
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
so horrible..one touch good by..
I am sick from all of you.
No its not nice.
Dear God forgive me, they did not know whats will be happen.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#504703 Jan 6, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
42 popes of Rome affirm the RCC teaching of Inquisition, via Papal Bull, a new branch of priests is formed to implement the torture, a manual officially endorsed by all these popes is made on how to torture.
Later at the end of the day some 20 million plus dead over 400+ years and well......
just like every RC I have come across when they can't refute the facts that what they believe is false they stick their head in the sand and start the personal character attacks.
Oh so predictable so childish.
Oh well
Lol. Wow. 20 million plus? already then, I see you take the blue ribbon in fanaticism.
Should I show you Pope Sixus' letter demanding that the Spanish Monarchy cease their practices during the Inquisition? Would that matter to a fanatic bible idolater?
Again, you don't impress me. You're an ignorant bigot. This is boring.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504704 Jan 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"here is a summary of how the Bible came to us.
Disgruntled Jews wrote the anti-Semitic new testament. I suggest that it was as simple as THAT.

The disgruntled Jews said to each other ... "We hate what those Jews are preaching, and so let's create a new religion and write that some very WISE Jews left Judaism along WITH US. We'll take a word from Greek that they call Ihcuc and change the name to Jesus, and he will be our hero in the drama."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#504705 Jan 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
David J. Riggs is nothing more than a "modern day" 21st century bible only anti-catholic heretic who claims that the bible is the only source of truth for Christians, ignoring over 2000 years of TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the TRUE Interpretation of the bible from the Early Church Fathers in 382,393, and 397AD who wrote the Canon of Scripture!..... The fact is that the highest majority of documented Church Historian authors and writers including Apologistic Historians have authenticated, documentd and proven over and over and over again that Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church --(came first) and that the bible was compiled over 350 years later.(in 397 AD).. Riggs is just a repeat story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11, defiant, rebellious and condemning of the TRUTH of the One True Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated, formed and established in Matthew 16:13-21. May his soul rest in peace for the deception, lies and heresies that he preached during his bible only ministry!
The bible needs nothing. All Scripture is God-Breathed
…15and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.2Timothy 3;15. The Catholic church is nothing more than a man made false religion.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504706 Jan 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
How about looking in the Greek language for a word that was morphed into the new testament as the savior of ONLY Catholics.

Word-trickery is common-place among USERS.

CatholicCulture.Org
I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#504707 Jan 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that if what you go on about had credibility, you would at least be written up in a science magazine somewhere, But instead you have all the time in the world to visit forums and tell others that you are full of knowledge, while we are still dumb TO your knowledge.
I believe you are simply full of theories that have gone to your head. Pun intended.
Marvelous!
That is exactly how I feel about you and the garbage you spew as credible information.
Are YOU written up in a magazine? You post a phenomenal more rhetoric than I could ever find the time to here...in fact, by your skewed reasoning you should be in about every magazine ever distributed.
You had better add another paper bag to the one you are using for all your hot air. Yours is about to {{{POP}}}!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#504708 Jan 6, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The bible needs nothing. All Scripture is God-Breathed
…15and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.2Timothy 3;15. The Catholic church is nothing more than a man made false religion.
and the king said to him, "why do you not worship Bel?" He answered "because I do not revere man-made idols, but worship the living God who created Heaven and earth and has dominion over all flesh"

Daniel 14:5

Investigate why Daniel 13 & 14 are not in your Bible, then you'll discover that your sect is wrong.(Hopefully you won't embrace deception.)
You need to cease idolizing the Bible asap.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#504709 Jan 6, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The bible needs nothing..
Well, it needs a table of contents. Its not one book, its a collection.
It needs to be infallibly interpreted, otherwise its not the word of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 51 min OffTheClock 79,264
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,336
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 5 hr Ccrea 29
Targeted Individuals, those illegally surveille... (Apr '17) 8 hr Endofdays 7
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 10 hr ANGRYPOOPDAD 55
Doctor REALITY obsessed with OJ Simpson 11 hr Doctor REALITY 66
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 hr Tony 6,861
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 995,722