Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699410 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#504302 Jan 5, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide a permalink, thief.
Get back under your rock....in your world of lies...Lying Snake
hojo

Chaska, MN

#504303 Jan 5, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Peter was never a pope, he wasn't even in Rome. You misinterpret Matthew 16;18, The way the Catholic Church interprets them we see that the entire superstructure of the Catholic Church is based on error. Jesus did not build His church upon Peter, He built it upon the confession Peter made in Matthew 16:16. Purgatory, what's up with that? Infant baptism, not even mentioned in the bible, what terrible sins does an infant need forgiveness for. Praying to dead saints, what for, they can't hear you. The Catholic church is one big lie..
This is just more of the "same old" Protestant Propaganda" that you self-appointed bible only interpreters and "fictitious" Protestant historian" followers keep spreading around (hoping that someone--anyone) will believe this nonsense of yours!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#504304 Jan 5, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you take your Hate and pack it up and create your own hate filled room.Jesus LIVED and HE died on the cross for YOU. And one day you will see.You pick on everyone in this forum and disrupt the room.Why cant you be civil for once?
Just look at any of the last pages,...see..what do you see..not READ ..SEE ...

It's,great how,fast you can get through pages,you missed during the day ..when you scroll :)
right past most of it ..half is,repetitious anyway ...

Seriously Sera..Hate can be,polluting ...nonsense,can clog the brain .....for the New,Year ..I'm trying to avoid both . Of course,..Lol..we,all slip up ...temptation is a bad thing .

I wish ALL HERE we'll for the New,Year ...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#504305 Jan 5, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN...in Jesus,name
Hi RoSesz,I am not going to stay too long,but just reading your response moved me to share something with you. I was on-line watching a church in Lagos,Nigeria,the believers kept saying in JESUS'Name in their introductions f people visting and with their music.They had much respect for what they were doing,the church was mixed with both Africans and whites as well.They had a guest speaker who was a professional opera singer.KIMMY SKOTA,who has a marvelous voice.Kimmy shared how she needed deliverance because everytime she went to sing,she would have physical tremors.She said that a demon entered her when she was sleeping in her home in Cape Town,South Africa.She went to a church in London,England where Nigerians had a church,and she was prayed for deliverance.Now she shares that she has much peace,and can sing without the tremors,and panic.Naturally she was concerned about her creer,as it was getting worse the atacks.The LORD helped her in Jesus' Name,she sings for the Lord too now."Deliverance is the children's bread." You can watch Kimmy Skota sing by going on youtube.com and clicking into Kimmy Skota (Andre Rieu).Especially listen to her sing the (Vilja Song).She sings Ave Maria by Bach,really beautiful.What a voice she has!
LTM

Sutton, Canada

#504306 Jan 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Of all the preachers on earth whose attitudes bugged me, Jerry Falwell had to take the prize as being the most obnoxious to my sensitivities.
At approximately four hundred pounds of weight, and having all the comforts of life ... he dared to preach of SIN when people were and ARE starving for those same comforts.
It has always put my teeth on edge to hear preachers going on about the SIN of prostitution, when for some women in poverty-stricken countries, it was the ONLY way they could feed their families.
Sickening blather!!!
That is why Jesus preached to not judge others. June.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#504307 Jan 5, 2014
who="RoSesz"
Just look at any of the last pages,...see..what do you see..not READ ..SEE ...
It's,great how,fast you can get through pages,you missed during the day ..when you scroll :)
right past most of it ..half is,repetitious anyway ...
Seriously Sera..Hate can be,polluting ...nonsense,can clog the brain .....for the New,Year ..I'm trying to avoid both . Of course,..Lol..we,all slip up ...temptation is a bad thing .
I wish ALL HERE we'll for the New,Year ...

----------
Agree. Love and peace are the badge of Christians...Hatred is the identifying mark of those who do not know Him.

Blessed New Year,
KayMarie
michael

Canada

#504308 Jan 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Better notify hojo about that!.....(Lol)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504309 Jan 5, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be partially correct.
I have been born into a "paradigm"of sorts. A "model" or "template". One consisting of a physical biological vessel that is totally dependent upon it's environment for even a minimum level of subsistence.--No physical environment=no physical existence for the individual part. This is not true in the reverse...your environment does NOT require you to exist. It will readjust itself to a self sustaining performance level perpetually. It is the most efficient vehicle of energy/matter/antimatter conveyance and appropriation(reappropriation) that can ever exist. It exists universally as well as local, and doesn't even have the slightest care about you, as it utilizes you(your energy) in any efficient manner necessary.
That all inclusive perspective of everything that exists I call the ALL....which is self explanatory and simplified for purposes of human communication of that very perspective.
As individuals, we had better realize that "WE" have to "respect" that environment and learn to utilize and coexist within it, or our longevity will suffer(individually and wholly), and we will simply be assimilated and reappropriated within it. THAT requires acquiring knowledge of how it works, and cooperative action to produce the most productive situation for a quality life sustaining atmosphere for humans within that environment.
What I have seen is certainly NOT even close to what can be accomplished...and it needs to begin with the individual...education being a major factor. History shows that every time education(knowledge) is suppressed, society plummets, and apathy, ignorance, atrocity and barbarism abounds.
The very mentality that you exhibit in thinking everyone is in some cult, and the fact that you feel animosity toward anyone who may be more educated in certain areas than yourself(and tries to share it) is a perfect example of the effects of the brainwashing and suppression of educatioemise of hate, division, and emotion rather than love, cooperation, and reason.
Thank you for providing an excellent platform for me to express the actuality of a major worldwide problem which has plagued society for ages.
Perhaps there will be some individuals who will read and recognize what I am trying to convey, and contribute, correct, or add their influence.n and knowledge I point out throughout history. It is not just you. It is evident worldwide. You simply provide a shining example of how folks have been reduced to operating on the premise of hate, division, and emotion rather than love, cooperation, and reason.
Thank you for providing an excellent platform for me to express the actuality of a major worldwide problem which has plagued society for ages.
Perhaps there will be some individuals who will read and recognize what I am trying to convey, and contribute, correct, or add their influence. I welcome any participation.
I suggest that all your warnings of doom have in one way or another, all been put forth by other before you were born.

Non-human animals existed on earth long before humans and they will probably carry on reproducing after humans become extinct.

I don't get up in a knot about life and death, and I believe that what you "share" as being of the utmost importance you, is simply THAT. It is of extreme importance to you.

I have my own beliefs, and I won't accept your formula as being the formula of thought for me.

So I suggest you carry on your way, and I will carry on my way. I wish you well ... and unlike you believing that I am full of hate ... I don't believe you are full of hate. I believe you simply want me to follow your train of thought and because I won't oblige you, you are frustrated in your efforts.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504310 Jan 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Catholics AND Protestants Jesus thought the Jews were his enemies, and that they ought to be slayed.

In case you hadn't noticed ... that is harsh judgment.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504311 Jan 5, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Agree. Love and peace are the badge of Christians...
You use scriptures in your bible to threaten others with hell. If that is love ... you can keep it to yourself.

I don't want it infecting me.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504312 Jan 5, 2014
Many homosexuals committed suicide because of being taught that having consensual sexual relationships with other homosexuals was offensive to a god.

Bible-thumpers are notorious BULLIES in god-GARB.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#504313 Jan 5, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
Soon, Confucianism and NOT mythical deities will rule the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucianism
Christianity is in decline. In America, over 20% of Science award winning children are of East Asian heritage (heavily influenced by Confucianism). Yet they make up only 2% of America's population.
Within two decades, China will surpass the USA as the world's largest economic power. China along with Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Singapore will shift world power and influence back to East Asia, just as is was 3000 to 5000 years ago,
Clearly, Confucian values and not mythical deities will dominate the next march of civilization. The trend is well underway.
Education and NOT religious studies are the key to America's future and our ability to stand shoulder to shoulder with East Asia. It clearly is not happening, especially in the most religious regions of the country.
Of course you are unaware of China's big secret,what the Communists do not want you to know about.The Millions of Chinese Christians who by no means are in the decline,but are harrassed,oppressed and persecuted by the government to destroy the Christian faith.Both Catholics and Protestants in China are on the increase,enduring much affliction to keep their faith in the so-called(imaginery God,you call a delusion.)It is not a delusion that those Chinese will walk to their death for that delusion.Such things are going on in China,and the Communists with all of their atheistic savvy have not been able to destroy the Christian faith.However the Chinese also have a revival of Buddhism in China,that has been allowed to counter the spiritual revolution with Christians. The Chinese government also has a strong and serious problem with the Islamic presence in some of their provinces. Christians have been through the worst forms of persecution by the Chinese Communists,and still the church continues to grow.Russian Christians have a testimony of how they survived 75 years of atheistic communism as well.So if you boast as to how Americans are wanning in their christian beliefs,the real truth is that many Christians are becoming stronger,and the organizations of Christian faith although maybe downsizing as it were from small communities,are growing into large mega churches.The RCCh is seeing record increases in attendance,and especially those who want to go deeper in faith,seeking to become more loyal to the Christ they all believe in.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504314 Jan 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would go to one of their parties? All they would do is stab each other in the back.
I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
At the expense of others, they are VERY proud of that word "saint."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Opposite Word of saint:

"demon, devil, fiend"

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#504315 Jan 5, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you are unaware of China's big secret,what the Communists do not want you to know about.The Millions of Chinese Christians who by no means are in the decline,but are harrassed,oppressed and persecuted by the government to destroy the Christian faith.Both Catholics and Protestants in China are on the increase,enduring much affliction to keep their faith in the so-called(imaginery God,you call a delusion.)It is not a delusion that those Chinese will walk to their death for that delusion.Such things are going on in China,and the Communists with all of their atheistic savvy have not been able to destroy the Christian faith.However the Chinese also have a revival of Buddhism in China,that has been allowed to counter the spiritual revolution with Christians. The Chinese government also has a strong and serious problem with the Islamic presence in some of their provinces. Christians have been through the worst forms of persecution by the Chinese Communists,and still the church continues to grow.Russian Christians have a testimony of how they survived 75 years of atheistic communism as well.So if you boast as to how Americans are wanning in their christian beliefs,the real truth is that many Christians are becoming stronger,and the organizations of Christian faith although maybe downsizing as it were from small communities,are growing into large mega churches.The RCCh is seeing record increases in attendance,and especially those who want to go deeper in faith,seeking to become more loyal to the Christ they all believe in.
"of course I am unaware?"

This is a global village my brother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_...

1% using the highest estimate. In spite of all the missionaries, Christianity has never taken off in China.There are more Chinese Muslims.

East Asia will dominate because of Confucianism, which embraces ethics, truth, science and learning.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#504316 Jan 5, 2014
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
You use scriptures in your bible to threaten others with hell. If that is love ... you can keep it to yourself.
I don't want it infecting me

----------

You didn't mention hate. I guess we all understand...you are already 'infected' with that one.

KM
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#504317 Jan 5, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Peace
If you try to link me to your assumptions, you may be disappointed in your conclusion.
Again, all you claim is "a posteriori", and really a shot in the dark.
If you were a believer, you would have sold ALL you have for the pearl of great price, then you may not judge by what you see, and your assumptions would be different.
Consider selling all for the pearl....
Am I clear...?(smiles)
Peace
No, you are not clear.

I posted 8 to 10 Biblical quotes from Jesus. How could Jesus have been more clear?

The point is so powerful, you couldn't resist. Jesus was very, very clear. but no, you are not clear. It is classic spin and you know it my friend..

The reality is that it's too difficult, so a new "meaning" is rationalized so it's a little more practical.

Notice, no one has themselves castrated "for the kingdom" any more either.

Is taking up serpents really a good idea?

There are so many examples, but it's a delusion, so the words can mean whatever one wishes.

But on no other topic was Jesus more clear.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#504318 Jan 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss with Chess....he is under a big rock basking in his lies...
Which has nothing to do with my post, so here, try again:

"So you are not a Catholic/Christian, my mistake.

I could have sworn you were from the post of your's I saw prattling on about Christ, and quoting from the Christian book of mythology."

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#504319 Jan 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss with Chess....he is under a big rock basking in his lies...
Which also has nothing to do with my post, so here, try again:

"Now if you had studied the history of your book of lies, you would have known that the word "Hell" is a made up word, that they just added wherever the church leaders thought might be fitting. It was a made up place to add even more FEAR to their FEAR mongering brainwashing.

Why do so many weak minded people fall for this lie, without even questioning it?"
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#504320 Jan 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many homosexuals committed suicide because of being taught that having consensual sexual relationships with other homosexuals was offensive to a god.
Bible-thumpers are notorious BULLIES in god-GARB.
I'd just love got to get my hands on that book of facts you read that stuff out of.

You'de be lost.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#504321 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do so many weak minded people fall for this lie, without even questioning it?"
You tell em' Seen ol'buddy!

Hey everybody this dude died and came back from the hand of cold Mr.Death!

If anyone would know the low-down on this afterlife jazz its Seen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min Tellthetruth 447,415
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 26 min Quivering Lip Lib... 71,617
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr leprechauns rock 995,062
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 1 hr leprechauns rock 15
I miss her so bad. Should I reach out? 2 hr mikex28 1
How to make an interracial relationship work 3 hr malvin48 1
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 6 hr Dang Jersey Piney 122