Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703843 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#504283 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I have brought up this point to Christians before, that, when convenient, you all arrogantly claim you have the correct verse interpretation, and everyone else is wrong, because YOU have the "Magic Demon Spirit" thingy possessing you. But ALL Christians make this arrogant proclamation. But if there really was such a thing guiding them to the ultimate spiritual truth, wouldn't >>>ALL<<< Christians be in full accord as to what it all means?
You said:
"if there really was such a thing as the ultimate spiritual truth, wouldn't >>>>all<< << Christians be in full accord as to what it all means"?

There is a Catholic (Universal, unified, one fold, one faith) Church who has the full deposit of faith from the Apostles. All that God wills to reveal to us, is revealed thru this Church. They have about 1.2 billion members throughout the earth. Everyday, we share the same liturgy and meal (Eucharist). The Catholic Church is the only one who can trace themselves to Jesus Christ.(I do include the eastern Orthodox with this). All other sects- including the bizarre named 'church of christ' who can be traced to 1880 AD. No other structural organization on the planet has existed as long as the Catholic Church. Thru their sacred traditions, they developed a Bible. Once it became published in a printed book in 1452 AD, common folk read it and began to splinter off into a never ending abyss of doctrines. Every week a new Christian 'church' arrives..
So to answer your question, if you wanna know about correct verse interpretations, go to the group who compiled the bible AND put it into chapters and verses.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504284 Jan 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you mad because she never invites you to her parties? Is that why you are down on Debbie Downer?
I suggest that If you are invited to their parties, it's because they want to convert you to the religion that they assure was chosen as the only truth on earth ... BY GOD.

BWAAAGH!!!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504285 Jan 5, 2014
Of all the preachers on earth whose attitudes bugged me, Jerry Falwell had to take the prize as being the most obnoxious to my sensitivities.

At approximately four hundred pounds of weight, and having all the comforts of life ... he dared to preach of SIN when people were and ARE starving for those same comforts.

It has always put my teeth on edge to hear preachers going on about the SIN of prostitution, when for some women in poverty-stricken countries, it was the ONLY way they could feed their families.

Sickening blather!!!
Michael

Canada

#504286 Jan 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Yes indeed ... had Jesus lived he was quite a character.
He was a proud Jewish Rabbi one day, until he saw some Catholics in the river Jordon, and Jesus said to Saint John,(who was Catholic)... "I now detest Judaism and the Jews, so I want them slayed. Would you be so kind as to baptize me into the only religion on earth that teaches truth?"
And John, the Catholic Saint immediately baptized Jesus, and taught him all the TRICKS of being a faithful Catholic. And that is why Jesus now works 24/7 in Catholic confessionals, and his images hang here and there in Catholic churches the world over.
If you people don't choose to wake up, no one can do it for you.
....What would have happened if Jesus was out of town the day John Baptist was to baptize him, and John the Baptist wasn't coming back anytime soon?

.....History tells us that there were many men from Judea that claimed to be the messiah during this era. What would have happened if John Baptist, had baptized the wrong person?

June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504287 Jan 5, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
"if there really was such a thing as the ultimate spiritual truth, wouldn't >>>>all<< << Christians be in full accord as to what it all means"?
There is a Catholic (Universal, unified, one fold, one faith) Church who has the full deposit of faith from the Apostles. All that God wills to reveal to us, is revealed thru this Church. They have about 1.2 billion members throughout the earth. Everyday, we share the same liturgy and meal (Eucharist). The Catholic Church is the only one who can trace themselves to Jesus Christ.(I do include the eastern Orthodox with this). All other sects- including the bizarre named 'church of christ' who can be traced to 1880 AD. No other structural organization on the planet has existed as long as the Catholic Church. Thru their sacred traditions, they developed a Bible. Once it became published in a printed book in 1452 AD, common folk read it and began to splinter off into a never ending abyss of doctrines. Every week a new Christian 'church' arrives..
So to answer your question, if you wanna know about correct verse interpretations, go to the group who compiled the bible AND put it into chapters and verses.
What does it mean to you personally that your church-fathers claimed that Jesus hates the Jews.

Does it mean anything to you whatsoever ... or are you completely dumbed down by choice???

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#504288 Jan 5, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Seentheotherside
Peace
I meant no insult. He does not believe, it is not my job to think and believe for him.
Peace
Robert, meet Seen.

Seen is an NDEer.

If I recall correctly, he thinks he met god, in person, when he was 2.

Regardless, he posts as a child, engaging in such nonsense as modifying other people's posts before responding to them.

I figured he was a just kid, but he's been posting here since WiP's time.

WiP passed years ago and was a fellow NDEer.

WiP tried to reign Seen in from time to time without success,

Seen will prove a joy.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#504289 Jan 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I had that impression for years, but you confirmed it for me the other day when you informed me that I was "slowly learning knowledge."
That gave me a clue that you either started your own cult, or you belong to one that already exists.
You may be partially correct.
I have been born into a "paradigm"of sorts. A "model" or "template". One consisting of a physical biological vessel that is totally dependent upon it's environment for even a minimum level of subsistence.--No physical environment=no physical existence for the individual part. This is not true in the reverse...your environment does NOT require you to exist. It will readjust itself to a self sustaining performance level perpetually. It is the most efficient vehicle of energy/matter/antimatter conveyance and appropriation(reappropriation) that can ever exist. It exists universally as well as local, and doesn't even have the slightest care about you, as it utilizes you(your energy) in any efficient manner necessary.
That all inclusive perspective of everything that exists I call the ALL....which is self explanatory and simplified for purposes of human communication of that very perspective.
As individuals, we had better realize that "WE" have to "respect" that environment and learn to utilize and coexist within it, or our longevity will suffer(individually and wholly), and we will simply be assimilated and reappropriated within it. THAT requires acquiring knowledge of how it works, and cooperative action to produce the most productive situation for a quality life sustaining atmosphere for humans within that environment.
What I have seen is certainly NOT even close to what can be accomplished...and it needs to begin with the individual...education being a major factor. History shows that every time education(knowledge) is suppressed, society plummets, and apathy, ignorance, atrocity and barbarism abounds.
The very mentality that you exhibit in thinking everyone is in some cult, and the fact that you feel animosity toward anyone who may be more educated in certain areas than yourself(and tries to share it) is a perfect example of the effects of the brainwashing and suppression of educatioemise of hate, division, and emotion rather than love, cooperation, and reason.
Thank you for providing an excellent platform for me to express the actuality of a major worldwide problem which has plagued society for ages.
Perhaps there will be some individuals who will read and recognize what I am trying to convey, and contribute, correct, or add their influence.n and knowledge I point out throughout history. It is not just you. It is evident worldwide. You simply provide a shining example of how folks have been reduced to operating on the premise of hate, division, and emotion rather than love, cooperation, and reason.
Thank you for providing an excellent platform for me to express the actuality of a major worldwide problem which has plagued society for ages.
Perhaps there will be some individuals who will read and recognize what I am trying to convey, and contribute, correct, or add their influence. I welcome any participation.

Columbus, OH

#504290 Jan 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss with Chess....he is under a big rock basking in his lies...
Don't get angry, thief; get honest.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#504291 Jan 5, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
The 'church' has qualifications to be "the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.

Read 1 Tim 3-4

Bishops and deacons are to be the husband of one wife, and let them manage their children and their households well;

and later in Tim 4

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by giving heed to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 through the pretensions of liars whose consciences are seared, 3 who forbid marriage and enjoin abstinence from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

We can see that the catholic 'church' does not qualify.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#504292 Jan 5, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get angry, thief; get honest.
Get back under your rock....in your world of lies...Lying Snake

Columbus, OH

#504293 Jan 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide a permalink, thief.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#504294 Jan 5, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
klick FART BRAIN,
And you get whole resume of WHO ARE YOU?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#504295 Jan 5, 2014
Happy day of The Epiphany!

- "The text says – When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of King Herod, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying,“Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star at its rising and have come to do him homage.”– Notice first the identity of these individuals. They are called Magi,(&#956;&#940; &#947;&#959;&#953; ,(magoi) in Greek) and they are from the East.

Exactly what “Magi” are is debated. Perhaps they are learned men, perhaps they are ancient astronomers. We often think of them as kings though the text does not call them that. It also seems Herod would have been far more anxious had they been actual potentates from an Eastern Kingdom. In our imagination we often think of them as Kings since Psalm 72, read in today’s Mass, speaks of “kings” coming from the East bearing gifts of gold and frankincense. However, for the record, the text in today’s gospel does not call them kings, but “magi.”

Yet, here is their key identity: they are Gentiles, and they have been called. Up to this point in the Christmas story, only Jews had found their way to Bethlehem. But now the Gentiles come. This detail cannot be overlooked, for it is clear that the gospel is going out to all the world.

St. Paul rejoices in this fact in today’s second reading as he says: that the Gentiles are coheirs, members of the same body, and co-partners in the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel (Eph 3:6). Most of us are not Jewish by ancestry, and hence we ought to rejoice for in the call of these Magi is prefigured our call.

And notice that God calls them through something in the natural world. In this case a star. God uses something in creation to call out to them.

We do well to wonder what is the star that God used to call us? Perhaps it was Scripture, but more usually, it is first someone God has used to reach us, a parent, a family member, a friend, a priest, religious sister, or devoted lay person. Who are the stars in your life by whom God called you?

God can also use inanimate creation like he did for these Magi. Perhaps it was a beautiful Church, a painting or a song. By someone or something God calls. He puts a star in our sky. These wise men, these Magi, follow the call of God and begin their journey to Jesus."
hojo

Chaska, MN

#504296 Jan 5, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
Only One Is the True Church of Christ Many today believe that all churches are right. one
Yes--there is ONLY One True Church and it is the One True Apostolic Universal (Catholic) Church that is the ONLY Church that was founded, established and initiated by Jesus Christ Himself, over 2000 years ago (confirmed, verified and proven to be the One True Church by the highest majority of Church History authors and writers "confim this FACT" over and over and over again...... Every Protestant Reformation bible only Church, that was initiated after the 16th century was founded by a Protestant Reformer-and-was MAN MADE, which today, in the 21st century totals over 42,000+ inconsistent, conflicting and contradicting "hodge-podge" of denominations, that personal opinionizes and editorializes the interpretation of the bible to "make it mean" ONLY what each denomination "wants it to mean". Today, in the 21st century, the Protestant Reformation has produced and "mish-mash" of self-appointed "hack" preachers, ministers and so-called "bible enlighted evangelistic interpreters who just "make it up" as they go along (including their own "fictititous version of Church History" forming their own "editorial opinionated Churches" who cannot, will not, nor will ever agree on ANYTHING accepting attacking Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS Historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church.......There is ONLY ONE TRUTH and ONLY ONE True Apostolic Church and it is Catholic------(not) 42,000+ Protestant bible only Relative contradicting Truths) that continue to "spin around in circles" like the merry-go-round" at Disneyland, going (nowhere fast)!!!......
hojo

Chaska, MN

#504297 Jan 5, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Journey back to the first century around AD 32 in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost. The church was established, Acts 2:38.
It was prophesied in Isaiah 2:2-3 that the Lord’s house (the church) would be established in the last days.
And in Hebrews 1:2 it reads,
“Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things”.
In Acts 2:16-17, it reads:
&#9726; 16 “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel”;
&#9726; 17 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God”.
In Isaiah 2:2 “and all nations shall flow unto it”
Matthew 7:15-16 foretold to beware of false prophets.
&#9726; 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly over churches that should be independent.
Early in the second century, we begin to find congregations headed by a single officer for whom the name bishop, is exclusively reserved. Bishops of major Christian influence areas were elevated above other bishops and given the title of “Metropolitan” cities. Rome, Alexandria, Antioch, Ephesus, Jerusalem and Constantinople had bishops who came to hold leadership positions for the whole church. The bishop of Rome eventually claimed and was recognized as the universal father or pope of all churches.
As the Departure from New Testament doctrine grew special councils were held, policies were set and problems resolved.
These special councils grew into general councils or ecumenical councils. Through the centuries 21 of these councils were organized.
They were attended by archbishops, bishops, abbots, eventually cardinals, and they regulated, defined, reformed, confirmed, abolished and issued numerous decrees over various problems in these councils.
Christianity Rendered Completely Ineffectual
Christianity was rendered completely ineffectual by the countless changes introduced in the government and worship of the church to carry out the purposes intended by our Lord. By the conclusion of the fourth century, only no more than a mere shadow remained of the ancient government of the church of our Lord. The Roman Catholic Church would rein completely for over a thousand years.
Not to Add or Take Away From the New Testament, Revelation 22:18-19
&#9726; 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.
&#9726; 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Your "personal opinionated" editorialized interpretation of the bible is just another one of the 42,000+ other contradicting and inconsistent interpretations after the Reformation that just "read into the scriptures" (anything and everything) that every Protestant "hack preacher, minister or evangelists" decides what they (personally) want it to mean!!! For over 35 years as a bible only protestant, I listened and was duped into this bible only protestant 'nonsense" seeing my church split, divide and splinter on 3 different occasions, forming other bible only churches that couldn't agree and contradicted each other, unitl I finally found the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible in the Catholic Church--Jesus Christs One True Church!!
Michael

Canada

#504298 Jan 5, 2014
StarC wrote:
Happy day of The Epiphany!
- "The text says – When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of King Herod, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying,“Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star at its rising and have come to do him homage.”– Notice first the identity of these individuals. They are called Magi,(&#956;&#940; &#947;&#959;&#953; ,(magoi) in Greek) and they are from the East.
Exactly what “Magi” are is debated. Perhaps they are learned men, perhaps they are ancient astronomers. We often think of them as kings though the text does not call them that. It also seems Herod would have been far more anxious had they been actual potentates from an Eastern Kingdom. In our imagination we often think of them as Kings since Psalm 72, read in today’s Mass, speaks of “kings” coming from the East bearing gifts of gold and frankincense. However, for the record, the text in today’s gospel does not call them kings, but “magi.”
Yet, here is their key identity: they are Gentiles, and they have been called. Up to this point in the Christmas story, only Jews had found their way to Bethlehem. But now the Gentiles come. This detail cannot be overlooked, for it is clear that the gospel is going out to all the world.
St. Paul rejoices in this fact in today’s second reading as he says: that the Gentiles are coheirs, members of the same body, and co-partners in the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel (Eph 3:6). Most of us are not Jewish by ancestry, and hence we ought to rejoice for in the call of these Magi is prefigured our call.
And notice that God calls them through something in the natural world. In this case a star. God uses something in creation to call out to them.
We do well to wonder what is the star that God used to call us? Perhaps it was Scripture, but more usually, it is first someone God has used to reach us, a parent, a family member, a friend, a priest, religious sister, or devoted lay person. Who are the stars in your life by whom God called you?
God can also use inanimate creation like he did for these Magi. Perhaps it was a beautiful Church, a painting or a song. By someone or something God calls. He puts a star in our sky. These wise men, these Magi, follow the call of God and begin their journey to Jesus."
Star C says........Exactly what “Magi” are is debated. Perhaps they are learned men, perhaps they are ancient astronomers. We often think of them as kings though the text does not call them that. It also seems Herod would have been far more anxious had they been actual potentates from an Eastern Kingdom. In our imagination we often think of them as Kings since Psalm 72, read in today’s Mass, speaks of “kings” coming from the East bearing gifts of gold and frankincense. However, for the record, the text in today’s gospel does not call them kings, but “magi.”

Michael says.........So! there is a lot of play acting and imagination in your mind.

..... Camels galloping in the night carrying gifts, trying to follow a star in the sky that pinpointed a barn or cave, and after these unknown magi leave their gifts, no one knows who they were, or where they went.

.....good thing it wasn't a foggy night! or they would have never been able to follow the moving star.
Michael

Canada

#504299 Jan 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes--there is ONLY One True Church and it is the One True Apostolic Universal (Catholic) Church that is the ONLY Church that was founded, established and initiated by Jesus Christ Himself, over 2000 years ago (confirmed, verified and proven to be the One True Church by the highest majority of Church History authors and writers "confim this FACT" over and over and over again...... Every Protestant Reformation bible only Church, that was initiated after the 16th century was founded by a Protestant Reformer-and-was MAN MADE, which today, in the 21st century totals over 42,000+ inconsistent, conflicting and contradicting "hodge-podge" of denominations, that personal opinionizes and editorializes the interpretation of the bible to "make it mean" ONLY what each denomination "wants it to mean". Today, in the 21st century, the Protestant Reformation has produced and "mish-mash" of self-appointed "hack" preachers, ministers and so-called "bible enlighted evangelistic interpreters who just "make it up" as they go along (including their own "fictititous version of Church History" forming their own "editorial opinionated Churches" who cannot, will not, nor will ever agree on ANYTHING accepting attacking Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS Historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church.......There is ONLY ONE TRUTH and ONLY ONE True Apostolic Church and it is Catholic------(not) 42,000+ Protestant bible only Relative contradicting Truths) that continue to "spin around in circles" like the merry-go-round" at Disneyland, going (nowhere fast)!!!......
Same old! Same old!.........HOJO.

I posted last week where is HOJO??? Not one poster responded,.... no one cared.

Michael

Canada

#504300 Jan 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that If you are invited to their parties, it's because they want to convert you to the religion that they assure was chosen as the only truth on earth ... BY GOD.
BWAAAGH!!!
Who would go to one of their parties? All they would do is stab each other in the back.

I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#504301 Jan 5, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already provided you with "verifiable proof". replete with annotations and web links.
Are you now admitting you have no verifiable proof of your intellectual comprehension...correct?
Well cisco...I have looked back several days trying to find exactly what you are even talking about.
I guess whatever you had to say didn't impress me with any semblance of importance.
If what you are referring to was included in your post, it would at least be addressable.
If you would like, please include something to make any reference or rebuttal to, as your communication is about something far behind the present...or was that your intent?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#504302 Jan 5, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 23 min ChromiuMan 6,924
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min BongoKrap 996,564
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 30 min BongoKrap 88,541
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 39 min Choicerocks 8
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 1 hr Choicerocks 4
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 2 hr Choicerocks 21
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Big Al 223,083