Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641785 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#504244 Jan 5, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Deep inside, most know their religion is just a hopeful delusion.
This is most apparent by how much they fear death. For they really don't believe in their religion when it comes right down to it. Because they've never been given any real proof of what they've been told. They just WANT to believe in "it", because it's usually what they want to hear. And that's what religions are designed to do, tell people whatever lie will get them to become followers.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#504245 Jan 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot....you have no interest in the truth!!!!!!
I don't see you being interested in the truth either.

You have actually lied a lot from what I've seen since coming here.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504246 Jan 5, 2014
From the book “Hitler’s Elite … Shocking Profiles of the Reich’s Most Notorious Henchmen,” Louis L. Snyder, comes the following.

Himmler was the architect of the Holocaust.

He was brought up as a devout Catholic, like young Hitler, and he was careful to attend mass regularly.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504247 Jan 5, 2014
The Catholic church-fathers taught that Jesus hated the Jews, and were in turn miffed that the Jews that were faithful to Judaism wouldn't become Catholics.

It's BELIEVABLE that humans could be so cruel and so completely unfair ... especially in light of the fact that the word heresy at one time meant "able to choose."

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#504248 Jan 5, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Of course preachers believe they are servants in preaching the word, as we are. That's an irrational request to ask us to preach identical sermons because we're human and have our own ideals on what to preach on. I preach whatever I feel that's needed at that particular time. Do you believe if we read from the same bible we should be able to come to a conclusion of equal understanding of what's being said if we study diligently?
I have brought up this point to Christians before, that, when convenient, you all arrogantly claim you have the correct verse interpretation, and everyone else is wrong, because YOU have the "Magic Demon Spirit" thingy possessing you. But ALL Christians make this arrogant proclamation. But if there really was such a thing guiding them to the ultimate spiritual truth, wouldn't >>>ALL<<< Christians be in full accord as to what it all means?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504249 Jan 5, 2014
The use of religion to bully others into submission was a tactic used in all religions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Excommunication (expulsion from communion).!. Jewish excommunication.—The Jewish system of excommunication was threefold. The twenty-four offences for which it was inflicted are various, and range in heinousness from the offence of keeping a fierce dog to that of taking God’s name in vain.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504250 Jan 5, 2014
"Convert ... or die" was more often than not used by all those in the Abrahamic religions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

This group of Jews believed in forced conversion, even of other Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#504251 Jan 5, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Which church do you to believe to be the one preaching the truth? Do you know that by studying your bible you can find out which church is the true church preaching the truth, did you know that? Do you believe the Jehovah Witnesses are that church, you could know if they are by simply studying your bible. What about the Catholic church or any other church. You can know which one is the true church, if you really wanted to, but you don't and that's why you don't know. As a teacher it would seem you would want to know the truth at least for the sake of just knowing. The fact that you could know the truth in less than an hour of your time so you could lay to rest that fact. If you just learn what is to be done in worship alone will tell you the answer on which church is the true church, less than an hour, so why not know the truth? It's simple deduction on comparing what the bible says on how to worship and comparing it with every church to see if they worship the way the bible says or not, it's that easy, hope you'll give it a try. You can get your answers in the book of Acts.
Ha, or why not study OTHER religions to see if any of them hold any "truths"?

Or why not scrap ALL man made religions and seek true spiritual answers on your own?

And BTW - What proof did you ever demand to see, and receive, that proves beyond any doubt, that your "god" is real, and that he wrote the bible?

If you don't have THAT, you are a fool to mold your life and views of the world, God, beliefs, anything, upon it.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504252 Jan 5, 2014
I suggest that a group of break-away Jews from polytheism “who perceived their selves as Jewish theologians” chose to create a monotheistic image of one god, and in turn wrote the following dogma to give the impression that the fable was based on truth. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Abram was the son of Terach, an idol merchant, but from his early childhood, Abram questioned the faith of his father and sought "the truth". Abram came to believe that the entire universe was the work of a single creator, and he began to teach this belief to others.

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-polytheism-was-re ...

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#504253 Jan 5, 2014
OldJG wrote:
The Proper Place of Water Baptism
Satan is masterful in his efforts to confuse the issue and obscure the clear demarcation between salvation by grace alone and a salvation where "works" are a necessary prerequisite. For example, those who subscribe to baptismal regeneration are quick to point out that the existence of so many different denominations and independents must imply a belief that there are a number of ways to be saved. But such is simply not the case. Historically, the major Protestant denominations have a rich heritage of fidelity to the Bible with respect to their understanding of justification by faith alone. The distinctions from one group to another stem primarily from differences in church polity, i.e., the governmental administration of the local assembly or assemblies of believers and not differences in foundational doctrines, such as what constitutes the work of God in the regeneration of the sinner.
Water baptism has been viewed by true believers as an outward testimony of the inward reality of having already been "born again" by the power of God. The moment the sinner trusts Christ as his Savior, he is baptized by the Spirit of God into the Body of Christ (I Corinthians 12:12-13). There is no salvation for anyone who is not "in Christ," and this spiritual regeneration takes place the moment the lost sinner receives Christ by faith (John 1:12; 5:24). All who are saved have received this baptism which God administers, not man.
Water baptism, on the other hand, is properly understood to be an ordinance of the Church administered only to those who have already been saved. Baptism by immersion symbolizes what has already been accomplished by God. The ordinances (Baptism and the Lord's Supper) and "good works" (obedience to the will of God as found in the Word of God) are after the fact of regeneration and the result of saving faith, not a means of saving grace. Salvation cannot be conferred by any church, for the church is but a fellowship of born again believers who have already availed themselves of salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Someone who has been genuinely born again by the Spirit of God will want to honor His Lord now that he has new life in Christ. He should seek out and be identified with a fundamental, Bible-believing local church where he can grow and be nurtured by the pastoral care and teaching provided there, and receive encouragement and edification by others of like precious faith (Ephesians 4:11-16). Within that context of the local church, there will be the opportunity to receive Biblical believer's baptism (I Corinthians 1:13-16). In this text, Paul did not baptize all in the Corinthian church, but others certainly must have; the Corinthian's shortcomings did not negate the fact that they were, indeed, baptized.
Also, the memorial service of the Lord's Supper will be a continual reminder of the meaning of Christ's broken body and shed blood, and that this service is to be conducted "till he come" (I Corinthians 11:23-32). Yes, water baptism has it's proper, and important, place, but for the one who is already saved, not for the one who has not yet been born again; the latter needs to believe the Gospel and receive God's salvation as a free gift. Baptism, in any shape or form, cannot save anyone!
Hey Robert F,

Better warn this poster about your belief that demons are confided to water before he becomes possessed by one. That is, if it's not already too late.

I'm new here, so does "OldJG" seem possessed by anyone?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504254 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Or why not scrap ALL man made religions and seek true spiritual answers on your own?
The term spirit came FROM religion.

Do you believe you are aligned to the evil side of the creator's spirit, or the holy side of his spirit???

You are naughty in your quest to preach down at others in religion, in order to create an image of your self as being a holy servant of ONLY good.

Naughty, naughty.

Your avatar "Seen the other side" is indeed meant as a signal to others that you are a qualified leader, in that you have been beyond the veil of death and back again.

tsch tsch

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#504255 Jan 5, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert
Peace
Thank you for a thoughtful reply. However, I believe you miss my point.
My point is not that I do not believe.
My point is that 99.9% of those who do claim to believe - do so while largely ignoring one of Jesus' most clear and prolific teachings.
If you truly believed, why take a chance? Why not do exactly as Jesus VERY CLEARLY and REPEATEDLY taught in order to follow him perfectly?
The answer is simple. Few TRULY believe enough to give away everything.
Few believe enough to voluntarily lower their lifestyle.
Deep inside, most know their religion is just a hopeful delusion.
Gods R Delusions

Peace

If you try to link me to your assumptions, you may be disappointed in your conclusion.

Again, all you claim is "a posteriori", and really a shot in the dark.

If you were a believer, you would have sold ALL you have for the pearl of great price, then you may not judge by what you see, and your assumptions would be different.

Consider selling all for the pearl....

Am I clear...?(smiles)

Peace

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504256 Jan 5, 2014
Gypsies with crystal balls also gave others the idea that they could SEE what others could not see.

The Christians labeled the Gypsies as evil and claimed that the Gypsies were working for the devil ... yet the Christians also claim to know the future and are not ashamed one bit to brag that it is SO!

Are they also working for the devil???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#504257 Jan 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Catholic church-fathers taught that Jesus hated the Jews, and were in turn miffed that the Jews that were faithful to Judaism wouldn't become Catholics.
It's BELIEVABLE that humans could be so cruel and so completely unfair ... especially in light of the fact that the word heresy at one time meant "able to choose."
"But those mine enemies (Jews), who would not that I should reign over them, bring them hither and slay them before me." - Luke 19:27

Location hidden

#504258 Jan 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YUCK!
June

Peace

I think Canada is conspiring against democratic U.S. propaganda concerning global warming. It is supposed to be in the mid to low 20s at night here for the next three days.
This may be grounds for the military-industrial complex and CIA to take action....Or not, if you believe governments tell the truth? Do you?

Peace

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504259 Jan 5, 2014
A few minutes ago a voice from beyond (ahem ... cough, cough) spoke to me, and gave me this VERY important information.

Apparently the devil saw to it that men wrote the bible. It was a test, to see who would fall into the temptation of believing that god was going to welcome them to heaven if they treated others in a shabby manner, while believing their selves to be superior.

The devil is now drooling at the mouth, waiting for these abusers to pass over, so "he" can burn them in the hell that they wanted to believe was ever-kept-burning ONLY for the fate of others.

SSShhhhhh ... until the devil is finished using the bible to lure these arrogant, self-serving ones into the tempation of believing they are superior ... that has to be our little secret.

Sardonic humor

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504260 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"But those mine enemies (Jews), who would not that I should reign over them, bring them hither and slay them before me." - Luke 19:27
There is a reason that the pope is now trying to put a stop to anti-Semitism. I suggest he knows more of the history than he preaches to his (in the dark) followers concerning the wretched basis of the Catholic religion.

I'm doing my best to expose the lies in all religion. I have no preference whatsoever.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504261 Jan 5, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Peace
I think Canada is conspiring against democratic U.S. propaganda concerning global warming. It is supposed to be in the mid to low 20s at night here for the next three days.
This may be grounds for the military-industrial complex and CIA to take action....Or not, if you believe governments tell the truth? Do you?
Peace
You have your own Catholic beliefs Robert, and they are suited to your nature.

So please don't pretend that you want my opinion on any issue whatsoever, as that is your lie.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504262 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
John Chrysostom is one of the very popular Catholic church-fathers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Although such beasts are unfit for work, they are fit for killing. And this is what happened to the Jews: while they were making themselves unfit for work, they grew fit for slaughter. This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".

John Chrysostom

Location hidden

#504263 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it your Magic Demon Spirit thingy that made you insult him like that?
Seentheotherside

Peace

I meant no insult. He does not believe, it is not my job to think and believe for him.

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min River Tam 38,460
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min pusherman_ 970,073
Play "end of the word" part 2 37 min Aussie Kev 1,735
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,307
Do White men know that White women prefer Black... (Sep '10) 1 hr John 3,122
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 280,907
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 44,424
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 104,734
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 4 hr Johnny 4,151
More from around the web