Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603237 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503820 Jan 3, 2014
I suggest that the members of clergy that committed suicide were of a far more considerate mindset than the men who killed others in the idea that the gods ordained the killing.

Yet the hierarchy taught that the men who committed suicide were evil offenders of God, and the ones that killed others for the church were martyrs and would be SAINTED for following the blood-lusting orders of the vicious-minded theologians.

Religion was, and is, HORRIBLE!
truth

Perth, Australia

#503822 Jan 3, 2014
I am not obey your law no no no.

Your law is not my law.

I explain to you very short you trade with your words don't you.

trade people usual have ring on small finger but not for me nooooooooooo
its people who usual going betray..yee
I say to you as geometric parabola as you see small finger as symbol of needle cresent as moon Mars is not far away.
Is that very hide law as well trade with people which you try put under your law.
nooooooooooooooooo

I am myself!
I don't liked people who judging others with accusation then betray.
Don't pretend with your lips please!

Prince George, Canada

#503823 Jan 3, 2014
"Thou shalt not kill" was the most useless of all scriptures, It meant nothing to the theologians that wanted their personalized religions to rule all people of the earth, as they sat on their earthly thrones BRAGGING that they were servants of gods.

I suggest that a more vicious lot of brutal liars could never have been found.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503824 Jan 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord's Supper is based on:
We worship on Sunday because it is the day Jesus resurrected.
a. Matthew 28:1-6
b. Mark 16:1-2
c. Why did God pick the first day of the week? Jesus is to have first place in everything, Colossians 1:13-18. The first day of the week is the only day that would fit for honoring Jesus Christ. The bible makes it very clear that the Sabbath day is the last day of the week. Jesus is honored the first day of the week. Jesus met with his apostles on the first day of the week.
•John 20:19
•John 20:26, Eight days later Sunday to a Sunday is eight days if you count the day you are on.
d. The day of Pentecost the day the church started was the first day of the week
•Acts 2:1
•The day of Pentecost was 50 days after the Sabbath during the Passover. Leviticus 23:15 and 16. If I start with Sunday and have 7 Sabbaths and end the day after the seventh Sabbath, I have a total of 50 days. Pentecost means fifty. Jesus was crucified on Friday during the Feast of unleavened bread. The Jews wanted him off the cross because it was the day before the Sabbath. Also this Sabbath was a high day, John 19:31, not only was this a Sabbath Day but it was the Sabbath during the days of unleavened bread. The day they were to count from.
e. Paul met with the church in Troas on the first day of the week.
•Acts 20:6-12
•Paul was in Troas for 7 days. He met with the church on the first day of the week, He was there for every other day of the week, but Sunday is the day they met.
f. We can conclude from I Corinthians 16:1-2, the church at Corinth met on the first day of the week.
C. Every Sunday is how often we take the Lord’s Supper
1. Acts 20:6 and 7, Paul was in Troas for 7 days, but the 1st day of the week is when they met to break bread, to eat the Lord’s Supper. They didn’t do it for “Easter Sunday.” There was no such thing as Easter Sunday in Paul’s time. They didn’t do it because it was Passover week. Passover Week was over. This first day of the week was like all the other first days of the week and the purpose of their meeting was to eat the Lord’s Supper.
2. God told the Israelites to Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. What Sabbath day? What Sabbath Day did God mean? He meant every Sabbath Day. Acts 20:7 says,“the first day of the week.” What first day of the week do you suppose they met to break bread? Every first day of the week. We don’t have a command to break bread every Sunday, but we do have a Holy Spirit inspired example.
3. I Corinthians 11:20-22, Paul rebuked the church at Corinth for not coming together to eat the Lord’s Supper. They were meeting to eat a big meal and forgetting the Lord’s Supper.
4. We have no example for a monthly remembrance or a yearly remembrance, but we do have an example for a weekly remembrance.
IV. What is the purpose of the Lord’s Supper?
A. To remember Jesus
1. I Corinthians 11:23-26
2. We remember Christ with a simple meal. Anyone anywhere in the world can do this. I don’t have to travel to a certain city to a monument to remember Christ. We can remember Christ wherever we are with some grape juice and unleavened bread.
B. For forgiveness of sins
1. Matthew 26:27 and 28
2. The juice is a symbol of the blood of the covenant that was poured out for forgiveness of sins.
3. Hebrews 9:20-25
C. For life
1. John 6:53-56
2. If we don’t eat the Lord’s Supper we have no life. The words Jesus used here and in Matthew 26:28 are very similar. The Lord’s Supper is how we eat his flesh and drink his blood.
Conclusion
The Lord’s Supper is one of the most important things in the Christian life. Without it we have no life. If we don’t take it in a worthy manner we are guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord. At the church in Corinth some were weak and sick and a number were asleep (dead). The Lord’s Supper is a serious time of our worship. We do make sure we eat it the way the Lord instructed us
truth

Perth, Australia

#503826 Jan 3, 2014
My words is fire as huge as Mars.

not two wide sharp as sword..

I told you my anger can kill you with my corection zillion/zillion.

then I John see land without water..

Its very shame from you make argument with lady!

O Almighty hear me if you could stright in your ear.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo

Words of infinite not make any border less any your law where I have to stay in your mind as prisoner.

Life have to go on beyond then you think.

Location hidden

#503827 Jan 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The scripture (written by hairy old men) stated that Jehovah created good and evil.
It was not by chance that the men wrote on the cover of the bible ... THE HOLY BIBLE!
Now I suggest you picture the cover as being THE EVIL BIBLE!
Would any of you have cherished the words in that book as coming from the inspiration of a LOVING god???
I think NOT!!!
You haven't a clue on what is being said when God states he created good and evil do you? Please tell me what is meant by what he said in reference to creating good and evil.

Prince George, Canada

#503828 Jan 3, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> We worship on Sunday because it is the day Jesus resurrected.
In your ever so self-perceived HOLY visualization ... did Jesus resurrect as a faithful Jew???

tongue in cheek

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#503829 Jan 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
"Thou shalt not kill" was the most useless of all scriptures, It meant nothing to the theologians that wanted their personalized religions to rule all people of the earth, as they sat on their earthly thrones BRAGGING that they were servants of gods.
I suggest that a more vicious lot of brutal liars could never have been found.
READ WHAT GOD TOLD NOAH IN GENESIS

Gen 9:5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require;

at the hand of every beast will I require it, and

at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood,

by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#503830 Jan 3, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
I could do the same, by relying on loaded connotations, and referring to my old fundamentalist allies, and you, as Protestant sectarians, Bible idolaters, hatemongers, pontificating self righteous schismatics, exclusivists, hermeneutically deficient private interpreters of Scripture, little personal infallible popes, sacrament desecrating individualists, Scriptural relativists, Gnostically inclined anti-incarnational platonists, etc.
~~~
YOU JUST DID.... CALL OF US ...(THAT DON;T BUY YOUR FABLES AND CONJECTURE)
THE ABOVE NAMES....
YOU ARE AS THE ONE THAT SAID..".i WOULD TELL YOU WHAT I THANK OF YOU ...BUT i DON'T CUSS "
"I will start out by saying that, though I was once one of you-and I will get to that a little
later-I am now a Catholic. I do not condemn you nor doubt your salvation. You believe in
the Lord Jesus, have presumably been baptized in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy
Spirit and seek to serve the Lord and obey His will. We will most assuredly spend
eternity together in heaven. You may say,“No way Steve, you are not saved the “Bible
way” and never have been, and you will spend eternity in hell.” However, even by your
soteriology I will go to heaven, since one who accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior
“your way” has eternal security. I have done so. I used to be an anti-Catholic and spent a
good bit of time writing tracts, witnessing to Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, unsaved
pagans and the “salvation-by-works-Catholics. ” We went door to door and hit every
home within a ten-mile radius of our church over a period of six years. We brought
people in for Gospel Meetings, even taking the meetings to halls we rented in all the
nearby towns and cities. We converted many Catholics to the fundamentalist gospel."

http://www.catholic-convert.com/wp-content/up...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#503831 Jan 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
John Paul said the same thing!!!!!! And this is from a Catholic web site!!!!!
Heaven, Hell and Purgatory by Pope John Paul II
Hell is the State of Those who Reject God
At the General Audience of Wednesday, 28 July 1999, the Holy Father reflected on hell as the definitive rejection of God. In his catechesis, the Pope said that care should be taken to interpret correctly the images of hell in Sacred Scripture, and explained that "hell is the ultimate consequence of sin itself... Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy".
----------
And he said:(from a Catholic web site....)
Heaven is the transcendent dwelling-place of the living God
Metaphorically speaking, heaven is understood as the dwelling-place of God, who is thus distinguished from human beings (cf. Ps 104:2f.; 115:16; Is 66:1). He sees and judges from the heights of heaven (cf. Ps 113:4-9) and comes down when he is called upon (cf. Ps 18:9, 10; 144:5). However the biblical metaphor makes it clear that God does not identify himself with heaven, nor can he be contained in it (cf. 1 Kgs 8:27); and this is true, even though in some passages of the First Book of the Maccabees "Heaven" is simply one of God's names (1 Mc 3:18, 19, 50, 60; 4:24, 55).
See: Metaphorically speaking......
I HAVE no idea,of exactly what heaven is, except where we will meet God ..And live,with Him .
Even the great BOOK Heaven by Randy Alcorn....is,conjecture based,on scripture .
I BELIEVE it to be a,real place in the,Spiritual realm..we are,told there will BE A,NEW HEAVEN ..NEW,EARTH ..NEW,JERUSALEM....real.
I don't know,what John Paul meant ...quite,sure he knows,now what heaven is,..he,is,dead ..

But THAT other quote,supposedly from.FRANCIS..all that moral relativism...there IS,NO PROOF HE,SAID IT ..except in A SATIRE,SITE ....IT WOULD BE ALL OVER HE,NEWS ..OX ...it's,not .

I'm saying..please,don't use,foolish sources,to make,a a,point ..
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503832 Jan 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The scripture (written by hairy old men) stated that Jehovah created good and evil.
It was not by chance that the men wrote on the cover of the bible ... THE HOLY BIBLE!
Now I suggest you picture the cover as being THE EVIL BIBLE!
Would any of you have cherished the words in that book as coming from the inspiration of a LOVING god???
I think NOT!!!
Maybe...

* slavery,

* torture, and

* collectively punishing the innocent and guilty alike

... are indeed godly qualities and we are the ones who are wrong to believe that such things are immoral.

Maybe?

After all, many here tell us - in their own fashion - how the Bill of Rights is not so great and slavery wasn't so bad.

(lol, such are the deluded)
truth

Perth, Australia

#503833 Jan 3, 2014
your tounge can be as two way as snake..go away
go away I told youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I am free tell you!

no no no
Your law as prison its huge game over many not protection no its empthy promise who ever try your way.

Mars is next destination before they setle this earth into ice shelf as they want to do.
o you santa close

My Father is been very nice man be strong my child.
Don't be affraid.

You are liar over my people and my religion.
truth

Perth, Australia

#503834 Jan 3, 2014
no I say to you.
You play with me as match of fire then you will have that fire.

I am not to bad as you try accuse me as well let down many.

Existance of my people and my religion too is my suffering as well pride.

You liked make upside-down ones more don't you.

You spoke about judgment and hell then you will have.
You will see, you start play your game then you will see others know too as Almighty that I am as I always exist but others try claim my name and name of my family in vain.
Everything have start as well end too.

#503835 Jan 3, 2014
who="Anthony MN"]<quoted text>
"I will start out by saying that, though I was once one of you-and I will get to that a little
later-I am now a Catholic. I do not condemn you nor doubt your salvation. You believe in
the Lord Jesus, have presumably been baptized in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy
Spirit and seek to serve the Lord and obey His will. We will most assuredly spend
eternity together in heaven. You may say,“No way Steve, you are not saved the “Bible
way” and never have been, and you will spend eternity in hell.” However, even by your
soteriology I will go to heaven, since one who accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior
“your way” has eternal security. I have done so. I used to be an anti-Catholic and spent a
good bit of time writing tracts, witnessing to Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, unsaved
pagans and the “salvation-by-works-Catholics. ” We went door to door and hit every
home within a ten-mile radius of our church over a period of six years. We brought
people in for Gospel Meetings, even taking the meetings to halls we rented in all the
nearby towns and cities. We converted many Catholics to the fundamentalist gospel."
~~~

I used to be an anti-Catholic and spent a
http://www.catholic-convert.com/wp-content/up... [/]
~~~
SO WHY DID THE PERSON BACKSLIDE AND
TURN FROM
TO THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD?
truth

Perth, Australia

#503836 Jan 3, 2014
It is written!

Christan people going to be prosecuted in vain for nothing because in matrix is so long evil.

Don't try ad nothing to me!
No!

Location hidden

#503837 Jan 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Which church is that ?
Every single one makes that claim.
Only One Is the True Church of Christ
Many today believe that all churches are right. In other words, it does not really matter which church one goes to. They say,“God has saved people in all churches. It is up to the individual in each church to be sincere in his worship and accept Jesus as his personal Saviour.” They also say,“God has His children in all denominations. Therefore all churches are the same.”
These statements are made by well know preachers,“pastors,” and members of various denominations. I want to answer this opinion from the Biblical point of view. I would also like to ask each reader to be open-minded. The Bible says:“To-day if ye shall hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.”(Hebrews 3:15).
What is a Church?
Before the above opinions can be discussed, we must first know what the word “church” means.“Church” is a translation of the Greek word &#7952;&#954;&#954 ;&#955;&#951;&#963 ;&#943;&#945; (ekkl&#275;sia). Greek is the language in which the New Testament was first written. &#7960;&#954;&#954 ;&#955;&#951;&#963 ;&#943;&#945; means “a called out assembly,”“a congregation.” It refers to God’s people who are called out of the world into fellowship with Him (I John 1:3; Acts 26:16-18; Colossians 1:13, I Peter 2:9-10). The church is God’s redeemed people (Acts 20:28; Titus 2:14; I Peter 1:18-19). It is a holy nation (I Peter 2:9). Members of the church are citizens of a heavenly kingdom (Colossians 1:13; Philippians 3:20-21). The church is part of God’s eternal purpose in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 3:8-11). When Jesus said:“I will build my church,” He meant to establish His redeemed people who would be a holy nation, citizens of his heavenly kingdom (Matthew 16:18).
Since Jesus Christ Himself established His church, then no man on earth has a right to establish a church. Jesus said:“But he answered and said, Every plant which my heavenly Father planted not, shall be rooted up.”(Matthew 15:13). The Psalmist wrote:“Except Jehovah build the house, They labor in vain that build it”(Psalm 127:1).
Where Can One Find Salvation?
Since no man has a right to establish any church, it follows that only in the church which Jesus established is salvation to be found. Then Jesus promised,“I will build my church,” note that He was promising to build one church, not many. This one church began in Jerusalem on the first Pentecost day after His resurrection. Three thousand people heard the gospel. They believed and were baptized and the Lord added them to His church (Acts 2:36-38, 42, 47). Jesus Christ is the Saviour of His body, which is the church (Ephesians 1:22-23; 5:23).

Location hidden

#503838 Jan 3, 2014
Final part ,

According to Acts 4:4, the church soon grew to number 5,000 souls. Jesus meant for His church to continue and to overcome all opposition. It was to go to the whole world (Matthew 8:19-20; Mark 16:15-16). But he intended for His church to be one (John 17:20-21). He intended that all believers should be of the same mind and the same judgment (I Corinthians 1:10).

How Can We Know the Church the Lord Built?

This is an important question for one who wants to be saved. Jesus said:“and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”(John 8:32). No man can bring any truth today except that which is revealed in the Bible. The Lord only speaks to us in His Book (John 12:48; Hebrews 1:1-2). The Bible is a complete book. It has everything needed for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness (II Timothy 3:16-17). Speaking to the Father, Jesus said:“thy word is truth”(John 17:17). We must measure a church by the Word of God to see if it is the true church of Christ!

Please note the following:
&#9702;The church which did not begin in Jerusalem is not the true church (Acts 2:5; Isaiah 2:1-2; Micah 4:1-2).
&#9702;The church which has women in authority, or allows them to preach, is not the house of God (I Timothy 2:9-15).
&#9702;The church which sprinkles or pours water instead of immersing or dipping in water for baptism cannot be the Lord’s church (Romans 6:3-4; Acts 8:38-39).
&#9702;The church which has elders who are unmarried, and who do not have well behaved children who believe, is not the Lord’s church (I Timothy 3:2-5; Titus 1:5-9).
&#9702;The church which permits a man to marry more than one wife at a time is not the church of Christ (Matthew 19:4-6; I Corinthians 7:2).
&#9702;The church which uses instruments of music (such as drums, guitars, organs, etc.) in its worship cannot be the church of Christ (Ephesians 5:9; Colossians 3:16; Hebrews 13:15).
&#9702;The church which requires its members not to eat certain foods is not the church of God (I Corinthians 8:8; I Timothy 4:1-5).
&#9702;The church which calls its preachers “Reverend” or “Father” cannot be the body of Christ (Matthew 23:-12).
&#9702;The church which baptized babies and little children cannot be the church which the Lord built. Only those old enough to hear, believe, repent, and confess Christ can be baptized (Mark 16:16; Matthew 28:19 Romans 10:8-10; Acts 2:37-38; 8:12, 36-38.
&#9702;The church that teaches it has the power to pray so that its members can receive miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit is not the church of Christ. The Bible shows that only the apostles had the power to impart the gifts of the Holy Spirit. This was done by the laying on of hands (Acts 8:14-21; 19:5-6). Since the apostles are all dead, we know this does not continue today. When the complete New Testament was revealed and confirmed, the need for miraculous gifts ceased (I Corinthians 3:8-13).

The Bible teaches that if one is wrong on one point, he is guilty of all (James 2:10). Therefore, any church which is wrong on any of the above points is not the true church of Christ! Do not teach the doctrines and commandments of men, but follow the Bible. Only those who do the will of God will be saved (Matthew 7:21-23; Luke 6:46). Obey the truth today and be added by the Lord to His one, true church (II Corinthians 6:2; Acts 22:16).

#503839 Jan 3, 2014
TURN FROM

~~~

i GUESS YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR LINK THAT YOU POSTED...

Links to me ...is propaganda ... hearsay that is unproven regurgitation.

I deal in truth ...

JESUS SAID...

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

MY FORTE IS

THAT WHICH IS OF ETERNAL CONSEQUENCE...THAT WHICH COMES FROM THE

INALIENABLE WORD OF GOD.

i BELIEVE ONLY IN THE IMMUTABILITY OF GOD'S WORD...

Heb 6:17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
Heb 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

Heb 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#503840 Jan 3, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"]<quoted text>
~~~
I used to be an anti-Catholic and spent a
http://www.catholic-convert.com/wp-content/up... [/]
~~~
TURN FROM
Here's his conversion story;

http://whyimcatholic.com/index.php/conversion...

I'll be happy to paste relevant sections if you won't go to the link.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#503841 Jan 3, 2014
TURN FROM
What exactly is God's word to you? Tell me this: If I say a certain verse says x, and bob says "z" and you say "no, this verse says Y.. How do we determine which opinion is Gods word? Gods word can't be all three if all three are different

The biggest gamble of Protestantism- in my opinion- is that nothing can be verified prior to the 16th century. Catholicism can at least show where Christians believed as we do in every century since Christ. Your only option then, is to believe that your teachings WERE correct at one time, then people (presumably Roman Catholics) messed it all up for 1500 yrs. But that doesn't make sense because Christians believed as we do and called themselves Catholics hundreds of yrs before Constantine.
On that fact alone, the debate is over. That's why ministers like the one in Anthonys post are leaving their false bible only communities..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 879,060
You want REAL PROOF that God is REAL??! 13 min Doctor REALITY 3
I....LOVE....DR. J. Vernon McGee!!!! 43 min Doctor REALITY 2
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 46 min spelliccia 15
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 272,881
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Doctor Justice_ 8,058
Why do Christian bookstores sell Bibles? 1 hr Poov 4
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr ChristINSANITY is... 3,846
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) Sat i fkedurBeezyanally 279
More from around the web