Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,309)

Showing posts 486,161 - 486,180 of529,598
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
There were Jews and there were break-away Jews.
There were Jews and thereafter the first to use the term "Christian" were Catholics.
Really? Was Origen a "Christian"? Or was he a Flavian/Caesaren/Pizo name changing Theocracist with an agenda?
Let's see how much you really know about "Christian" and it's inception.
Can you "name" some "breakaway Jews"? Or are you just blowing hot air again?
Please be specific...lest you show yourself to be a complete fraud.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Ancient Confession Found:'We Invented Jesus Christ'
Biblical scholars will be appearing at the 'Covert Messiah' Conference at Conway Hall in London on the 19th of October to present this controversial discovery to the British public.

London (PRWEB UK) 8 October 2013

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com ).

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. "Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century," he explains. "When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? "The short answer is no," Atwill insists, "in fact he may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there's simply nothing left."

http://www.dailypaul.com/302496/ancient-confe...

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Whether the above is or is not true ... observe how easy it is to start a new religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

1963: The Reformed Druids of North America begins as a protest against a requirement that students at Carleton College, in Minnesota, attend religious services. Since any religious service would count, some students, including Robert Larson, started RDNA as a humorous way to test the system. The founders were Jewish, Christian and agnostic and did not intend to start a new religion. However, it subsequently evolves into one and spreads.
http://www.americanneopaganism.com/neopaganis...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that in a hereafter unrepentant sinners will be rejected to an eternity of misery???
If you don't, you must be a Wiccan or one of the newer BRANDS of religion.
Nope...wrong on all counts.
YOU won't like him. He is much like me(who you despise). He has researched and educated himself and remained largely uncommitted and reasonably aware of nearly every aspect of reality and actuality...and you can NOT simply place him in any little envelope you wish to accommodate defamation and degradation as you wish....and I seriously doubt he will be nearly as civil as I am to your rhetoric.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

For Roman Catholics.....Ben Adam posted

"In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said: "Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

In a shocking speech that is reverberating across the world, Pope Francis declared that:
“All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”

We now have more "oral" traditions from the pope of Roman. This is the vicar of Christ?????? Really???? I don't think so.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Hey Regina you around? Maybe we could talk about what the pope actually said and discus what he meant, and of course what the Bible says.

And maybe Anthony could help along the discussion instead of hindering it.

And how are you? Having a snow storm I see:) Blessings Regina, love you.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

The pope from hell. This is your Roman god.

http://www.spyghana.com/hell-real-pope-franci...

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Atwill maintains he can demonstrate that "the Roman Caesars left us a kind of puzzle literature that was meant to be solved by future generations, and the solution to that puzzle is 'We invented Jesus Christ, and we're proud of it.'"

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

ok enough already, did the pope say this?

"In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said: "Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU won't like him. He is much like me(who you despise). He has researched and educated himself and remained largely uncommitted and reasonably aware of nearly every aspect of reality and actuality...and you can NOT simply place him in any little envelope you wish to accommodate defamation and degradation as you wish....and I seriously doubt he will be nearly as civil as I am to your rhetoric.
You are a silly blow-horn, even more arrogant than Robert F!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Ltm, how's the winter going, I'm blessed I don't have to go out much this time of year.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Was Origen a "Christian"? Or was he a Flavian/Caesaren/Pizo name changing Theocracist with an agenda?
Whoever he was, he was anti-Semitic.

Origen of Alexandria (185-254 A.D.)– A ecclesiastical writer and teacher who contributed to the early formation of Christian doctrines.

We may thus assert in utter confidence that the Jews will not return to their earlier situation, for they have committed the most abominable of crimes, in forming this conspiracy against the Savior of the human race…hence the city where Jesus suffered was necessarily destroyed, the Jewish nation was driven from its country, and another people was called by God to the blessed election.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU won't like him. He is much like me(who you despise).
I don't despise you. I simply don't and never have believed you.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
and I seriously doubt he will be nearly as civil as I am to your rhetoric.
Is HE by any chance related (in your mentality) to the Christian depiction of the devil???

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you.
What little I afforded you is probably unfair...but I don't want your head to swell up too much.
The truth is, you are/ have been a sort of blessing at times...and I still owe you that shot of "light'n"...and I will see to it this year too!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Atwill maintains he can demonstrate that "the Roman Caesars left us a kind of puzzle literature that was meant to be solved by future generations, and the solution to that puzzle is 'We invented Jesus Christ, and we're proud of it.'"
I never liked their pizza anyway!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH ... Well ... what good are you then???
Without fear of hell, there's nothing you can preach that is of value!
:)
I don't preach.I simply propose different opinions and points of view. I don't claim absolute truth.

My 'religion' is one of questioning rather than knowing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a silly blow-horn, even more arrogant than Robert F!
Nah.
YOU just can't handle the truth...especially when it concerns YOU.
I notice you have given no report to the accusation that I have given any fraudulent information as of yet(that you blatantly accused me of).
***Either prove your statement or apologize for your hateful arrogant accusation.
All I expect is that you back your accusations up ...or be considered as a complete liar and fool.
It is your own statements that will make the determination....and you are your own worst enemy.
I will make the accusation that YOU are a LIAR.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see how much you really know about "Christian" and it's inception.

Can you "name" some "breakaway Jews"? Or are you just blowing hot air again?
Please be specific...lest you show yourself to be a complete fraud.
Name some breakaway Jews?
Are you serious?

We could start by naming Simon called Peter, James the son of Zebedee and his brother John, Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Cananean and Paul of Tarsus, all became great Catholics.

But the list also continues on uninterrupted through the centuries.
Yea,....there is not enough space here to name them all....'specifically'.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

marge wrote:
Hey Regina you around? Maybe we could talk about what the pope actually said and discus what he meant, and of course what the Bible says.
And maybe Anthony could help along the discussion instead of hindering it.
And how are you? Having a snow storm I see:) Blessings Regina, love you.
Marge ..if you are talking about that SUPPOSED stuff from Francis???

Did you look at the link to it ??? It's supposed satire ...But nog funny at all...IMO
When you actually hear a "religious person" spout that ...look for the end ..
Though I admit we may be close ..we are not at one world religion YET
The POSTINGS here have surprised me 're the CATHOLICS in some areas,...But that was WAY
OUT THERE ..

I will bet money he never said any of it ..he's,different but NOT that different

It WOULD BE SPLASHED ALL OVER the news,.

LETS,please,argue on sensible things??

Peace and God bless you .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 486,161 - 486,180 of529,598
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

497 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min curiouslu 715,765
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Horny 114,510
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min gort 222,998
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 15 min Sanjai 18
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min Lyndi 171,380
FeaturePoints Referral Code 37 min Brandon 2
Israel KNESSET admits "secrect deal" w/ VATICAN 46 min HeadlinesYTube 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr JudgeNJury 255,492
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Jennifer 93,107