Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665354 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#504001 Jan 3, 2014
your para-evil program not going help you.
nooooooo
we know who are you all how you act on most evil satanic way.

byyyyy wicket corupt legions..
decivers and posessors boorowers what is not belong to you

all of you going fall angels and demons

yee

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#504002 Jan 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul says (in I Timothy 3:15)--The CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar,
Journey back to the first century around AD 32 in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost. The church was established, Acts 2:38.

It was prophesied in Isaiah 2:2-3 that the Lord’s house (the church) would be established in the last days.

And in Hebrews 1:2 it reads,

“Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things”.

In Acts 2:16-17, it reads:
&#9726; 16 “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel”;
&#9726; 17 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God”.
In Isaiah 2:2 “and all nations shall flow unto it”

Matthew 7:15-16 foretold to beware of false prophets.
&#9726; 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
&#9726; 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 4:1-2.
&#9726; 1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
&#9726; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

The early church guided by the apostles was scriptural, but gradually Apostatized. The bigger city congregations as they grew took over rural congregations extending their power over churches that should be independent.

Early in the second century, we begin to find congregations headed by a single officer for whom the name bishop, is exclusively reserved. Bishops of major Christian influence areas were elevated above other bishops and given the title of “Metropolitan” cities. Rome, Alexandria, Antioch, Ephesus, Jerusalem and Constantinople had bishops who came to hold leadership positions for the whole church. The bishop of Rome eventually claimed and was recognized as the universal father or pope of all churches.

As the Departure from New Testament doctrine grew special councils were held, policies were set and problems resolved.

These special councils grew into general councils or ecumenical councils. Through the centuries 21 of these councils were organized.

They were attended by archbishops, bishops, abbots, eventually cardinals, and they regulated, defined, reformed, confirmed, abolished and issued numerous decrees over various problems in these councils.

Christianity Rendered Completely Ineffectual

Christianity was rendered completely ineffectual by the countless changes introduced in the government and worship of the church to carry out the purposes intended by our Lord. By the conclusion of the fourth century, only no more than a mere shadow remained of the ancient government of the church of our Lord. The Roman Catholic Church would rein completely for over a thousand years.

Not to Add or Take Away From the New Testament, Revelation 22:18-19
&#9726; 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.
&#9726; 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
truth

Perth, Australia

#504003 Jan 4, 2014
truth

Perth, Australia

#504004 Jan 4, 2014
blade of Jesus Christ

its very hard except
but its good know

my hand
my lags
my body
my crown mind

-there is a no law

-there is suffering
truth

Perth, Australia

#504005 Jan 4, 2014
your corupt institution not worthy at all

i died on that Cross INRI

nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Why Abraham need blessing?
Because curse stay upon them, as well all of them who practising evil upon evil.

it is written
Where is your God, between people.

o yessssssssss
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#504006 Jan 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They did NOT want to start a,new,Church ..
Luther's,main problem was,...indulgences,..penance .
Jesus,paid the ultimate sAcrifice ..EVERY SIN OF A KIND WAS,ON THAT CROSS ..
What can a,man do but believe ..
Repent for the SIN ALREADY PAID for .
Calves,..or hail Mary s as,penance nor indulgences, cannot pay for sin ALREADY PAID FOR .
I could care less,what each denomination says CLAY ..that's the heart of it .
And like it or not GOD allowed the Reformation and the Prosestants,to spread the word .to the New,World ...yes,along with the brave Catholic missionaries,...in a COUNTRY FOUNDED by folks who thought there should be NO STATE RELIGION.OR PERSECUTION for not flowing it or reading a bible ...And they made it into law,.
The RCC Was,too entwined with politics,...something had to change ..
It did ..yes,y our pope I think will be a big force for change ..maybe God wanted the change sooner ..following HIS MESSAGE ...believe ..be born again ...follow,ME ..love your neighbor ...in bibles,that were used a,primers for children .
There was no pure bible study..though we learned it .
My daughter was talking about all the books in the bible ..SORRY CLAY ..we learned in the Mass in pieces,...never reAding full books as kids .
Now you HAVE BIBLE STUDY ...
All change is not bad ..But you folks on this forum deny anything ever changed ..it has,just in my lifetime ...
You make accusations,of fundamentalism because I say we called the CHURCH ...ROMAN CATHOLIC ...the pope did..the nuns did..the catechism did ..You cannot admit things,have changed in 60 years,let alone in the middle ages,.
That Church was NOT the same Chur h led by your most 'recent POPES ....it was a political force run by a quasi monarch using logical influence in the secular business of countries .
It changed ...And the Reformation had a,big hand in that ..You g is should thank God for that
Belief in the SAviour is,a one on one proposition ...as will be the JUDGEMENT
The main problem with you guys is that you put too much emphasis on the leadership. That's why charismatic men like Joel Osteen can sway 50,000 people to follow him.
In Catholicism, we pray God will give us good noble leaders, but the TRUTH of our faith doesn't hinge on a good or bad Pope.

The local Church where Luther was living,(in Germany) apparently sold indulgences. It was against Church teaching. So Luther unraveld the whole faith and introduced things contrary to the word of God. Today, even his own Lutheranism doesn't resemble the first few generations.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#504007 Jan 4, 2014
I made an error, the comments about Hell being symbolic, not a literal place, that I attributed to Francis were those of John Paul II.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_i...

So, in 1999 the Pope declared that Hell isn't real. What Pope recreated it ?

This is the same situation as "Limbo". The church created it then made it disappear. The Popes are surely Gods ! What else can create and destroy Limbo and Hell with words ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#504008 Jan 4, 2014
" The images of hell that Sacred Scripture presents to us must be correctly interpreted. They show the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy."

John Paul II (1999)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#504010 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I made an error, the comments about Hell being symbolic, not a literal place, that I attributed to Francis were those of John Paul II.
This is the same situation as "Limbo". The church created it then made it disappear. The Popes are surely Gods ! What else can create and destroy Limbo and Hell with words ?
It is the result of corrupted religious structures and priesthoods. There is no hell in the earliest of all religions...it is a concoction of power hungry perverted zealots who attempt to rule mankind through fear and intimidation rather than love and understanding. What you witness is the rule of "lords"...wannabe gods.
It is obvious to anyone who reads that the creation according to the new writings of the Abrahamics concerning the history of the world being set at 3950 BCE (genesis 5:3) is totally false and contrary to all known and recorded history. Given that blatant falsehood in the very beginning of the writings, how could one place any trust whatsoever in any of the following writings to be accurate or even remotely inspired by an all knowing creator. Following the history of the religion from it's inception to the present we find it is and always has been fraught with corruption within it's own ranks, barbaric and inhuman toward mankind, and even portrays the great creator as a barbaric intolerable entity who loves to torture and destroy.
This is definitely not an attribute to society, nor a representation of any relationship with a "holy" entity...in fact it is exactly the opposite.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#504011 Jan 4, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the result of corrupted religious structures and priesthoods. There is no hell in the earliest of all religions...it is a concoction of power hungry perverted zealots who attempt to rule mankind through fear and intimidation rather than love and understanding. What you witness is the rule of "lords"...wannabe gods.
It is obvious to anyone who reads that the creation according to the new writings of the Abrahamics concerning the history of the world being set at 3950 BCE (genesis 5:3) is totally false and contrary to all known and recorded history. Given that blatant falsehood in the very beginning of the writings, how could one place any trust whatsoever in any of the following writings to be accurate or even remotely inspired by an all knowing creator. Following the history of the religion from it's inception to the present we find it is and always has been fraught with corruption within it's own ranks, barbaric and inhuman toward mankind, and even portrays the great creator as a barbaric intolerable entity who loves to torture and destroy.
This is definitely not an attribute to society, nor a representation of any relationship with a "holy" entity...in fact it is exactly the opposite.
It is quite common for all human social structures, both secular and sacral, to drift away from its original philosophy and intertwine with others that eventually it has nothing in common with its founders.

Jesus, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Muhammad, Marx, Franklin and Jefferson would all concur.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#504012 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite common for all human social structures, both secular and sacral, to drift away from its original philosophy and intertwine with others that eventually it has nothing in common with its founders.
Jesus, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Muhammad, Marx, Franklin and Jefferson would all concur.
I agree. History will bear that out.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#504013 Jan 4, 2014
marge wrote:
All glory and honor and thanks to God our Father that our church never changed from the beginning!
You are thankful for the teaching that all who don't believe in Jesus will spend eternity in hell???

I wouldn't be thankful for that teaching, and neither would I believe that it was based on even a semblance of truth.

Kitwanga, Canada

#504014 Jan 4, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I'm going to post the link to the evolution vrs GOD movie again tomorrow, I hope we can have some real dialog back and forth, lets at least try to hear one another and respond to a point at a time, the catholics don't talk to me anymore and can't make a single 'point' anyway so what you say, friends?
We've already conversed on that issue. I don't know the answers but I know that I don't believe that a creator was ever involved in creating a realm where all animals, including humans have to continue on "day and night" with emotional and physical suffering.

If you are content to believe that a creator exists that would be so intentionally cruel, then that is your choice ... but I won't align my thoughts to that choice of belief.

Kitwanga, Canada

#504015 Jan 4, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
Only One Is the True Church of Christ
Preachers all believe they are servants in the preaching of the WORD!

If it was one word, all preachers would agree that the word was TRUTH, and all of you would preach identical sermons.

But instead you USE countless human-created words, and all you spread is gossip and more and more right-fighting gossip.

Kitwanga, Canada

#504016 Jan 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The main problem with you guys is that you put too much emphasis on the leadership.
Leaders of all religions wrote the doctrines, and in turn claimed that the doctrines were inspired by gods.

John Chrysostom wrote that the Jews were Jesus' enemies and that Jesus wanted the Jews "slayed."

That was and IS the basis of your religion.

Kitwanga, Canada

#504017 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Pope Benedict believed that Hell was real ... an inferno!

Popes were and are simply men with many tales of woe.

The bible was never meant to be a book of love. It was and is based on men's opinions of what would happen to those very unfortunate ones who chose not to be of the Catholic faith.

They even implied that Jesus was an enemy of all those people that the hierarchy labeled as "heretics." And then they had the nerve to claim that Jesus loved everybody.

Nonsensical drivel!

Kitwanga, Canada

#504018 Jan 4, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no hell in the earliest of all religions.
Now you can bring forth your KNOWLEDGE by naming just ONE religion through ancient history that did NOT have hells in their dogmas.

I'll be waiting!

Kitwanga, Canada

#504019 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in religion believed that the saviors were pure and holy men sent to earth by gods to save the holy ones for eternal bliss in afterlives.

But the Catholics slipped up when they taught that Jesus came to earth and saw that what he had been preaching as a Jew was VILE and based on lies. That indicated that Jesus was NOT pure and HOLY when he came to earth and preached Judaism in the temple. The Catholics indicated that Jesus had to first be purified (re-born) when John (the Catholic Saint) baptized Jesus into Catholicism.

Within theological circles ... Jesus was the first supposed savior that didn't come into a religion and stay in the SAME religion, to in turn correct the behavior and thoughts of the devout believers in the specific religions.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#504020 Jan 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Benedict believed that Hell was real ... an inferno!
Popes were and are simply men with many tales of woe.
The bible was never meant to be a book of love. It was and is based on men's opinions of what would happen to those very unfortunate ones who chose not to be of the Catholic faith.
They even implied that Jesus was an enemy of all those people that the hierarchy labeled as "heretics." And then they had the nerve to claim that Jesus loved everybody.
Nonsensical drivel!
Agreed.

Kitwanga, Canada

#504021 Jan 4, 2014
Wicca (for instance) teaches that the goddess loves everybody.

They tend to leave out the part that if a creator existed, it had to know ahead of time that all animals (human and nonhumans) would continually suffer.

Even if humans become extinct from the earth, I suggest that all other animals will carry on suffering. And THAT indicates that if a creator exists ... it is nothing to brag about, but rather ought to be the one to apologize for creating such misery.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Grapple Tree (Harpagophytum procumbens) of South Africa produces a fearsome fruit called the “Devil’s Claw” which has been known to kill a lion. The fruit is covered in fierce hooks, which latch on to passing animals. In trying to shake the fruit off, the animal disperses the seeds but at the same time, the hooks sink deeper into the creature’s flesh. If the animal touches the fruit with its mouth, the fruit will attach itself to the animal’s jaw, inflicting great pain and preventing it from eating. Antelopes are usually the victims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Joe Fortuna 88,183
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 977,344
I still LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Ewa, Honey 43 min Doctor REALITY 5
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Buck Crick 575
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,737
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Buck Crick 150
How come God doesn't intervene in suicides? 1 hr Knock off purse s... 12
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr OneMale OneChild 284,570
More from around the web