Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,316
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503697 Jan 2, 2014
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

“We find,” says a writer,“in all the theogonies of different countries the hope of the advent of a God (either his first or his second coming)—a hope which sprang from a sense of their own imperfections and sufferings, which naturally induced them to look for a divine Redeemer.”

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503698 Jan 2, 2014
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Chrishna and Buddha are identical in principle; both are incarnations of Vishnu, the second person in the Hindoo Trinity, and were born of virgin mothers, and each was the son of a carpenter; both suffer death by crucifixion. Chrishna raised the dead, by descending for that purpose, to the lowest regions. Both names signify Shepherd and Savior.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#503699 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
More than a few people have posted nonsense by using my name in their avatar.
It's the chance a person take when posting on a forum.
I have never reported anybody since I came on the forum in 2006, and I don't intend to report anybody.
Well that's you. When someone writes a negative remark about our Pope and adds my to to it, u bet I will report them. There's alway a first time, right?

Happy New Year.
:)
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503700 Jan 2, 2014
Let us judge.

Amen

No, let us not judge

Ramen

My God is more moral than your god, which proves yours is only a delusion.

Orlando, FL

#503701 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice Ant!!!!! Show where I ever pasted/copied and then presented such as me being the originator...and/or signing my log-on name to the material...making it my words...show me...
Just to be clear, I was referring to proof of his or your deity.

Not sure what schoolyard spat this group has invented this time.

When one is defending a delusion, there are no ethics. It doesn't matter that no one can show you where you posted something. Plausibility, not truth is the goal.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503702 Jan 2, 2014
""In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said: "Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.” In a shocking speech that is reverberating across the world, Pope Francis declared that:
“All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”

Wow! That turns Christianity on its head!

The Pope confirmed what I have been telling you all for two years!
Is the Pope a lying Satan worshiper like some of you called me ?

Orlando, FL

#503703 Jan 2, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's you. When someone writes a negative remark about our Pope and adds my to to it, u bet I will report them. There's alway a first time, right?
Happy New Year.
Are you not allowed to criticize your Pope?

Is your Pope another god?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503704 Jan 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He's,not the,,only one does,that BTW,..One Catholic poser has,done it here three Times,on this,forum alone,..And yes,been reported and bad,posts,removed
Is,a,bad practice whoever does it ..IMO..
I suggest ANY ONE,QUOTING A,POST OR USING ANY POSTERS,NAME,...be,required to post the,link to that person's,post ...
Or be ignored by every one,..
Just a,suggestion..
If it's,not tolerated by either side ...might end he,problem.:)
As far as that supposed. Thing by the,POPE ...I answered Anthony's,comment ...it's,not believable,....And IMO...not at all just satirical as,that website,claimed either ...Nothing funny about it ..
The difference between you and I, is, I, an SBC member firmly believe info origination from Vatican officials....you don't...neither does Ant...

A third source.....same message...
POPE JOHN PAUL II REJECTS REALITY OF A LITERAL HELL
During his weekly address to the general audience of 8,500 people at the Vatican on July 28, 1999, Pope John Paul II rejected the reality of a physical, literal hell as a place of eternal fire and torment. Rather, the pope said hell is separation, even in this life, from the joyful communion with God. According to an official Vatican transcript of the pope's speech, Pope John Paul II noted that the Scriptural references to hell and the images portrayed by Scripture are only symbolic and figurative of "the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. " He added, "Rather than a physical place, hell is the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy." He said hell is "a condition resulting from attitudes and actions which people adopt in this life." Concerning the concept of eternal damnation, the pope said, "Damnation consists precisely in definitive separation from God, freely chosen by the human person, and confirmed with death that seals his choice for ever." The pope also added, "The thought of hell and even less the improper use of biblical images must not create anxiety or despair." Rather, he stated, it is a reminder of the freedom found in Christ.

Ant.....look!!!!!! "According to an official Vatican transcript of the pope's speech, Pope John Paul II noted that the Scriptural references to hell and the images portrayed by Scripture are only symbolic and figurative of "the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. "

Location hidden

#503705 Jan 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
""In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said: "Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.” In a shocking speech that is reverberating across the world, Pope Francis declared that:
“All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”
Wow! That turns Christianity on its head!
The Pope confirmed what I have been telling you all for two years!
Is the Pope a lying Satan worshiper like some of you called me ?
Rosez....Ant....the truth for you is not something you can accept and face.....but it remains the truth....

The messages from the popes that there is no heaven...no hell....can originate only from one source...Satan...

Christians have known from day one that purgatory never was....Popes are just now teaching the same thing......finally....

Thank you BenAdam.....

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503706 Jan 2, 2014
Honorable Grasshopper wrote:
The Roman catholic church IS the true church!
They are the ones who canonized the NT.
Any other churches are heretic.
The Catholic church didn't start until 313 AD, and the Church of Christ was established in the year 33 AD. The pope didn't come about 600 AD. The Catholic church came from the CoC when some of the CoC enjoyed the attention they were getting from the Roman dignitaries and decided to do what they wanted them to do and that's the beginning of the Catholic church

Location hidden

#503707 Jan 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear, I was referring to proof of his or your deity.
Not sure what schoolyard spat this group has invented this time.
When one is defending a delusion, there are no ethics. It doesn't matter that no one can show you where you posted something. Plausibility, not truth is the goal.
Your head air pressure is low...replace it with what came out of it...hot air...

When, as I am now, being falsely accused of posting someone else's (new word) words and claiming them as my own.....it d--- well matters....to me...

Location hidden

#503708 Jan 2, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The Catholic church didn't start until 313 AD, and the Church of Christ was established in the year 33 AD. The pope didn't come about 600 AD. The Catholic church came from the CoC when some of the CoC enjoyed the attention they were getting from the Roman dignitaries and decided to do what they wanted them to do and that's the beginning of the Catholic church
Not true....the definition of "church" as used in the NT has not the name Catholic nor Church of Christ.....plus...none of the seven churches referred to by Christ in Rev were also not identified as Catholic or Church of Christ....
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#503709 Jan 2, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding Ox, I had to report him b/c on one of his post he changed if to read my name. He got off with a warning . So yes he is a thief and liar. I'll never post to him again. He is one to be ignored.
Now he is exposed. What a jerk.
Happy New Year, Anthony
.....we now know that many roman catholic bishops around the world had lied and deceived all Catholics by covering up the worst sins of all, lying to all Catholics including you star c. To be true to your word, does that mean they too should be ignored? That they too are jerks?

Show us you are not hypocrite

Location hidden

#503710 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe humor is the best medicine.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Gym rat
I prefer to work out at home... I don't need to hang around a bunch of gym rats.
Look at those gym rats! They can name all their muscles, but I bet they couldn't tell you what an adjective is!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Rat: A despicable person, especially one who betrays or informs upon associates.

Location hidden

#503711 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosez....Ant....the truth for you is not something you can accept and face.....but it remains the truth....
The messages from the popes that there is no heaven...no hell....can originate only from one source...Satan...
Christians have known from day one that purgatory never was....Popes are just now teaching the same thing......finally....
Thank you BenAdam.....
They are still a man made church teaching false doctrine and just because they finally have seen the light on purgatory doesn't change there status as a man made church teaching false doctrine. The only true church is the Church of Christ which is easily seen in the bible as being the church of the bible. In order to be the church spoken of in the bible a church must worship and abide by what the bible says, not add or take away from worship.

Location hidden

#503712 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true....the definition of "church" as used in the NT has not the name Catholic nor Church of Christ.....plus...none of the seven churches referred to by Christ in Rev were also not identified as Catholic or Church of Christ....
What makes the Church of Christ the church of the bible is how they worship and set up the church according to the bible, the Church of Christ does just that. No other church comes even close.
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#503713 Jan 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not allowed to criticize your Pope?
Is your Pope another god?
...be the first to try it. She would love to run somebody.

"Go ahead make her day"
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#503714 Jan 2, 2014
....why would anyone choose to live in Minnesota -45 degrees below zero.
What were their ancestors thinking to settle so far north?
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#503715 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text> What makes the Church of Christ the church of the bible is how they worship and set up the church according to the bible, the Church of Christ does just that. No other church comes even close.
How they worship you say! Doesn't the bible claim that Jesus worshipped on Saturdays his entire life and he learned from, and preached from the Torah.

Location hidden

#503716 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text> They are still a man made church teaching false doctrine and just because they finally have seen the light on purgatory doesn't change there status as a man made church teaching false doctrine. The only true church is the Church of Christ which is easily seen in the bible as being the church of the bible. In order to be the church spoken of in the bible a church must worship and abide by what the bible says, not add or take away from worship.
The name Church of Christ is not in the KJV..Do you have any idea what the definition of "church" is in the NT????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min dirty white boy- 605,299
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 777,714
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min how g 265,399
Designer sarees Online 27 min Priya 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 54 min andet1987 5,150
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr andet1987 47
Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 1 hr Loggerblogger 56
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 hr yon 4,848
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr hpcaban 441,809
More from around the web