Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679299 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vancouver, Canada

#503858 Jan 3, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> You haven't a clue on what is being said when God states he created good and evil do you? Please tell me what is meant by what he said in reference to creating good and evil.
OH ... I would never take words out of Jehovah's DIVINE mouth ... so I will let the scripture SPEAK for itself. Neither do I want you to put your self-perceived DIVINE interpretation into the words to in turn corrupt them.

Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#503859 Jan 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You deal in nothing but arrogance, and behave as though a Jew cottons to your Protestant baffle-gas.
Why don't you take a break June? Here lately the attack on Jewish people is starting to get stale.Its all we read from you now 'Jew this''Jews that' Do you even bother to check anymore about what you say?

If anything why not confront the real threat to us all...Those dammed drunken red headed Irish micks!

Vancouver, Canada

#503860 Jan 3, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Sons Through Faith in Christ
…27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.
Jehovah RULES!!!

Praise ye LORD JEHOVAH!

:)

Vancouver, Canada

#503861 Jan 3, 2014
Scenario

Far back through time a group of hairy ape-like men, not yet knowing of symbols that were to some day become written languages contemplated in the language of grunts the mysteries that surrounded them.

Suddenly, one of the members became overwhelmed with emotion. He proclaimed that he received a message from the sky. Thereafter, the others in the group followed every utterance of the ignorant hairy ape-like man.

But soon enough the system caught on among the ape-like creatures, as many of them proclaimed to receive messages from the sky.

And those in all religions of today preach the same type of nonsense as did the hairy ape-like men.

Vancouver, Canada

#503862 Jan 3, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you take a break June?
You go first and show me how its done.

Vancouver, Canada

#503863 Jan 3, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<If anything why not confront the real threat to us all...Those dammed drunken red headed Irish micks!
Blimey you can be mean!

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

bli·mey [blahy-mee] Show IPA

Origin:
1885–90; orig. reduced form of blind me, as ellipsis from God blind me; cf. gorblimey

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/blimey

Vancouver, Canada

#503864 Jan 3, 2014
From my perspective, when people believe that a creator is either guiding them or judging them for good or bad behavior, it takes something away from them … something of the greatest of importance.

They never grow up to stand on their own principles. They are always concerned about offending or pleasing the supposed creator ... always afraid to stop praying, just in case the supposed creator feels neglected and in turn has an urge to punish.

They will fight with others in a flash if they feel that others are insulting their image of the creator.

In every waking moment they are never free from the images that link them to the supposed outside judge of all human behavior, who in turn they are certain owns them and holds all the power OVER them.

What a shame that the theologians held devout believers in such mind-boggling bondage, and all in the guise of the word ... LOVE.

Vancouver, Canada

#503865 Jan 3, 2014
I suggest there are no gods with a will to keep information from any human.

But there are far too many humans that preach that they know inside information from the supposed gods ... and those are the ones who want to be followed as knowers of absolute TRUTH.

What a shame!

Vancouver, Canada

#503866 Jan 3, 2014
To the Jehovah's Witnesses ... Jehovah needs the worship.

To all other "Christians" ... Jesus needs the worship.

GOLLY GEE ... if I believe one group of preachers, then the other preachers will be miffed.

At any rate, I guess it's a safe bet since they don't agree with each other ... that neither of them know the meaning of truth, or even if absolute truth is a reality.

I learned long ago that if I was going to try to please other believers that I would never find peace within my own conscience.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503867 Jan 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts accuse all others that disagree with you as being liars.
You pose from the stance that you are equivalent to the second coming of all those religious saviors wrapped into one neat package.
I thought I had witnessed arrogance in other people that posted, until you came along.
Ya right. You are probably the only one I have had to tell that in the last year.
I am beginning to see that you are becoming more and more hateful and out of touch with reality.
Don't you have any family that will help you?--or have you driven them all away too?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#503868 Jan 3, 2014
Some Internet sites are reporting that Pope Francis has declared that “all religions are true,” that there is no hell, and other provocative things.
But the whole thing is an Internet hoax.

Here are 5 things to know and share ...

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/don...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503869 Jan 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any facts concerning history. I just pick history that makes sense to me and debate with others about the history.
Those that wrote history always wrote from their own sides of any story. Then those that disagreed with their sides of the stories, would write their own opinions from different points of view.
And that is what should occur on forums ... without people believing that their opinions have to be the last word on any subject.
You are the type of individual that wants the last word to be yours ... and I suggest you need to learn some manners and debate ... rather than trying to give the impression that what you know is the be-all and end-all OF knowing.
LOL! I hardly say anything here...while YOU flood the forum like a puking whale...and then-all the time pointing your finger at me? Are you that out of touch with reality that you can't see what a divisive hypocrite you are?

Vancouver, Canada

#503870 Jan 3, 2014
Years ago a work-man was in my home fixing my broken-down furnace.

Taking advantage of the situation to proselytize his religion, he assured me that it was important when praying to God to use his real name, which he in turn" assured me was "Jehovah."

It seemed to me that he had placed his faith in a supposed god that existed in his imagination that in turn had a very narrow-"minded" petty attitude.

That man is dead now. Maybe he's waiting somewhere for the end of times, to in turn come back to earth with other Jehovah's Witnesses who passed the grade of perfection according to Jehovah's WILL!

Religion is BUNK!

Vancouver, Canada

#503871 Jan 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya right. You are probably the only one I have had to tell that in the last year.
I am beginning to see that you are becoming more and more hateful and out of touch with reality.
Don't you have any family that will help you?--or have you driven them all away too?
I suggest you give us a sermon on your inside KNOWLEDGE.

I'll be waiting with anticipation to find out what I have to do and believe to be aligned to your divine wisdom.

Vancouver, Canada

#503872 Jan 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I hardly say anything here...while YOU flood the forum like a puking whale...and then-all the time pointing your finger at me? Are you that out of touch with reality that you can't see what a divisive hypocrite you are?
As do you, I don't pretend to have wisdom all wrapped up in a neat little package, or to know what the future has in store for humanity or for non-human animals.

I have to wait as life unfolds before I can relate to what is occurring, or to what might not occur.

Vancouver, Canada

#503873 Jan 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I hardly say anything here...while YOU flood the forum like a puking whale?
By master name-callers, I have been called worse names than "puking whale."

Actually whale puke is the basic ingredient in many extremely expensive perfumes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Man Finds $180k Worth of Whale Vomit

Mr. Ken Wilman, out walking his boxer Madge, found a disgusting lump of mottled yellow rock. Naturally, he left it on the beach. "I didn't actually realize what it was at first and I couldn't understand why Madge was so interested in it," he later told the Mirror. "It smelled horrible. I left it, came back home and looked it up on the internet. When I saw how much it could be worth, I went back and grabbed it." Wilman was right to do so, because he's already been offered £43,000 ($68,000) by a French dealer for the gunk.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121...

Vancouver, Canada

#503874 Jan 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be happy if I stated that I drove them all away???

I really don't care if you have driven any of your family members away.

Sometimes a baseball-bat can come in handy.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503875 Jan 3, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> We worship on Sunday because it is the day Jesus resurrected.
a. Matthew 28:1-6
b. Mark 16:1-2
c. Why did God pick the first day of the week? Jesus is to have first place in everything, Colossians 1:13-18. The first day of the week is the only day that would fit for honoring Jesus Christ. The bible makes it very clear that the Sabbath day is the last day of the week. Jesus is honored the first day of the week. Jesus met with his apostles on the first day of the week.
•John 20:19
•John 20:26, Eight days later Sunday to a Sunday is eight days if you count the day you are on.
d. The day of Pentecost the day the church started was the first day of the week
•Acts 2:1
•The day of Pentecost was 50 days after the Sabbath during the Passover. Leviticus 23:15 and 16. If I start with Sunday and have 7 Sabbaths and end the day after the seventh Sabbath, I have a total of 50 days. Pentecost means fifty. Jesus was crucified on Friday during the Feast of unleavened bread. The Jews wanted him off the cross because it was the day before the Sabbath. Also this Sabbath was a high day, John 19:31, not only was this a Sabbath Day but it was the Sabbath during the days of unleavened bread. The day they were to count from.
e. Paul met with the church in Troas on the first day of the week.
•Acts 20:6-12
•Paul was in Troas for 7 days. He met with the church on the first day of the week, He was there for every other day of the week, but Sunday is the day they met.
f. We can conclude from I Corinthians 16:1-2, the church at Corinth met on the first day of the week.
C. Every Sunday is how often we take the Lord’s Supper
1. Acts 20:6 and 7, Paul was in Troas for 7 days, but the 1st day of the week is when they met to break bread, to eat the Lord’s Supper. They didn’t do it for “Easter Sunday.” There was no such thing as Easter Sunday in Paul’s time. They didn’t do it because it was Passover week. Passover Week was over. This first day of the week was like all the other first days of the week and the purpose of their meeting was to eat the Lord’s Supper.
2. God told the Israelites to Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. What Sabbath d meal. Anyone anywhere in the world can do this. I don’t have to travel to a certain city to a monument to remember Christ. We can remember Christ wherever we are with some grape juice and unleavened bread.
B. For forgiveness of sins
1. Matthew 26:27 and 28
2. The juice is a symbol of the blood of the covenant that was poured out for forgiveness of sins.
3. Hebrews 9:20-25
C. For life
1. John 6:53-56
2. If we don’t eat the Lord’s Supper we have no life. The words Jesus used here and in Matthew 26:28 are very similar. The Lord’s Supper is how we eat his flesh and drink his blood.
Conclusion
The Lord’s Supper is one of the most important things in the Christian life. Without it we have no life. If we don’t take it in a worthy manner we are guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord. At the church in Corinth some were weak and sick and a number were asleep (dead). The Lord’s Supper is a serious time of our worship. We do make sure we eat it the way the Lord instructed us
edited for space

This, the Lord's Supper, has nothing to do with this, We worship on Sunday because it is the day Jesus resurrected. You are comparing apples to potatoes!!!!!

If you want to know the truth regarding the Church of Christ not being the church Christ built, answer my question:.Do you have any idea what the definition of "church" is in Mt 16:18 in the NT????

Otherwise, I cannot help you...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503876 Jan 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you learn to be humble enough to go beyond your arrogance and question your own religious beliefs ... you will see why others ask questions of, and berate YOUR religious beliefs as nonsense, and never ever question that their own beliefs could be wrong.
All preachers of religion defend their own beliefs and vilify the beliefs of others. That's how religion WORKS.
Religion is based on the arrogance of "I KNOW that of which 'I' speak is worthy of being believed."
When did I ever claim to KNOW anything about God ?

Anyone can question my beliefs, I do so myself all the time.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503877 Jan 3, 2014
If we disagree about our favorite color, it is not hatred.

If we disagree about our favorite movie, it is not hatred.

If we disagree about religion, it is often viewed as hatred.

That's because religion is a delusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Aura Mytha 119,267
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,843
Any mature gay men wanting to Skype? (Jul '12) 2 hr Byscotty69 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Patriot 286,325
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 2 hr real 33,217
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr democrat punisher 2,784
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr nanoanomaly 982,144
More from around the web