Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688777 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503761 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...wrong on all counts.
YOU won't like him. He is much like me(who you despise).
I don't despise you. I simply don't and never have believed you.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503762 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
and I seriously doubt he will be nearly as civil as I am to your rhetoric.
Is HE by any chance related (in your mentality) to the Christian depiction of the devil???

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503763 Jan 2, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you.
What little I afforded you is probably unfair...but I don't want your head to swell up too much.
The truth is, you are/ have been a sort of blessing at times...and I still owe you that shot of "light'n"...and I will see to it this year too!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#503764 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Atwill maintains he can demonstrate that "the Roman Caesars left us a kind of puzzle literature that was meant to be solved by future generations, and the solution to that puzzle is 'We invented Jesus Christ, and we're proud of it.'"
http://www.dailypaul.com/302496/ancient-confe...
I never liked their pizza anyway!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503765 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH ... Well ... what good are you then???
Without fear of hell, there's nothing you can preach that is of value!
I don't preach.I simply propose different opinions and points of view. I don't claim absolute truth.

My 'religion' is one of questioning rather than knowing.

Location hidden

#503766 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a silly blow-horn, even more arrogant than Robert F!
Nah.
YOU just can't handle the truth...especially when it concerns YOU.
I notice you have given no report to the accusation that I have given any fraudulent information as of yet(that you blatantly accused me of).
***Either prove your statement or apologize for your hateful arrogant accusation.
All I expect is that you back your accusations up ...or be considered as a complete liar and fool.
It is your own statements that will make the determination....and you are your own worst enemy.
I will make the accusation that YOU are a LIAR.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#503767 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Was Origen a "Christian"? Or was he a Flavian/Caesaren/Pizo name changing Theocracist with an agenda?
Let's see how much you really know about "Christian" and it's inception.

Can you "name" some "breakaway Jews"? Or are you just blowing hot air again?
Please be specific...lest you show yourself to be a complete fraud.
Name some breakaway Jews?
Are you serious?

We could start by naming Simon called Peter, James the son of Zebedee and his brother John, Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Cananean and Paul of Tarsus, all became great Catholics.

But the list also continues on uninterrupted through the centuries.
Yea,....there is not enough space here to name them all....'specifically'.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503768 Jan 2, 2014
marge wrote:
Hey Regina you around? Maybe we could talk about what the pope actually said and discus what he meant, and of course what the Bible says.
And maybe Anthony could help along the discussion instead of hindering it.
And how are you? Having a snow storm I see:) Blessings Regina, love you.
Marge ..if you are talking about that SUPPOSED stuff from Francis???

Did you look at the link to it ??? It's supposed satire ...But nog funny at all...IMO
When you actually hear a "religious person" spout that ...look for the end ..
Though I admit we may be close ..we are not at one world religion YET
The POSTINGS here have surprised me 're the CATHOLICS in some areas,...But that was WAY
OUT THERE ..

I will bet money he never said any of it ..he's,different but NOT that different

It WOULD BE SPLASHED ALL OVER the news,.

LETS,please,argue on sensible things??

Peace and God bless you .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503769 Jan 2, 2014
WELL I tried ..

Peace

Location hidden

#503770 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a silly blow-horn, even more arrogant than Robert F!
And yet...any question I might posit about your statements, you never answer with any semblance of fact or actuality in any form whatsoever.
WHO IS the real blowhard here?
YOU---That's who---you have little or no clue what the hell you are even talking about at all.
Even if I might agree with you, you have already compromised any argument I might have had an agreement with because of your arrogant ignorance and stupidity in profession and ignorance. As far as I am concerned, you would be better to just shut the fulk up...and leave it to those of us who might be able to actually communicate with some reason.
YOU are a HEAVY liability!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#503771 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever he was, he was anti-Semitic.
Origen of Alexandria (185-254 A.D.)– A ecclesiastical writer and teacher who contributed to the early formation of Christian doctrines.
We may thus assert in utter confidence that the Jews will not return to their earlier situation, for they have committed the most abominable of crimes, in forming this conspiracy against the Savior of the human race…hence the city where Jesus suffered was necessarily destroyed, the Jewish nation was driven from its country, and another people was called by God to the blessed election.
Well...That shows about how much you really know about any of the history of "christianity".
It would be better if you didn't pretend to know any more.

Location hidden

#503772 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is HE by any chance related (in your mentality) to the Christian depiction of the devil???
No dear...that is your overactive imagination at work again.

Location hidden

#503773 Jan 2, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
We could start by naming Simon called Peter, James the son of Zebedee and his brother John, Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Cananean and Paul of Tarsus, all became great Catholics.
OK! Terrific! NOW can you verify this without the christian texts as secyuar writings of the time?
Do communicate any that would be relevant to the cause.....IF you can.

Location hidden

#503774 Jan 2, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
Oh BTW be sure it is relevant to the recent time and dates..and not some predelicted later inference to the actual event(s).
Have fun with that .
Laff'n
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#503775 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK! Terrific! NOW can you verify this without the christian texts as secyuar writings of the time?
Do communicate any that would be relevant to the cause.....IF you can.
You're kidding,...right?
Can you verify the existence of Socrates without the writings of Plato and Xenophon?

Have you no educated grasp of historical academics?

What do you imagine? History began at your birth?
Good Grief!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#503776 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that I am A person regarded as contemptible, obnoxious, or otherwise undesirable.
Bull crap June! Don't go putting words in our mouths like that!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503777 Jan 2, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> If your church is the one that is spoken of in the bible then that means your church takes the Lord's supper every Lord's day,Acts 20:7, 11.“On the first day of the week we came together to break
bread. Singing only is authorized, Ephesians 5;19 and Colossians 3;16, Baptism is essential to one's salvation. Mark 16;16, Romans 16;16 Tithing is also done every Lords day 1 Corinthians 16;2,,On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned. Don't wait until I get there and then try to collect it all at once. Elders and deacons are the only offices that are to be used. If your church doesn't worship this way then your church is a man made church, and not the church of the bible, which the Church of Christ is that church of the bible.
Breaking bread has nothing to do with the Lord's Supper...

The expression “the breaking of bread” found in Acts 2 was commonly used amongst the Jews to refer to the sharing of a meal in conscious religious fellowship, and this usage is found in the New Testament, not least in the Gospel by the same author as Acts and even elsewhere in the Acts.

The significance of the religious aspect of the breaking of bread would be greatly heightened for the disciples in the light of the Last Supper, but this is not the same as saying that they held a ritual meal deliberately re-enacting the Last Supper in ­conscious obedience to the command of Christ, commemorating his death through eating bread and drinking a cup; and these features would be necessary if we are to regard the “breaking of bread” as equating with the Lord’s Supper.

Rather, the evidence indicates that in the New Testament the expression “the breaking of bread” or “broke bread” refers to the usual Jewish practice of prayer with which a hunger-satisfying meal commenced. When we recognize that references to the breaking of bread are not references to the Lord’s Supper, we see the significance of what we learn from Paul’s teaching in 1 Corinthians.

Location hidden

#503778 Jan 2, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I not surprised?
Ask her to tell you why I did so.....

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503779 Jan 2, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the "magic spirit" thingy possess you to tell that lie?
Wow, amazing how brave and unafraid of God atheists are, actually their not. You know when I am proven right about their being a God how horrifying it will be, so unimaginable the terror that will grip you that I am so scared for you that I just can't stop trying to save you because the fear for you is so unbearable to me for you to be lost that I couldn't stop no matter what. The only way I can relax is to give it my all and then some to try and get you saved. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study with them and then when you're convinced then be then you will know you are saved, and a home in heaven awaits you after this life is over. It's so amazing to think people can actually joke about the horror that awaits those who are lost and really not give it a second thought, until it's to late.

Location hidden

#503781 Jan 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look OX ...j don't usually reply to you .
However that thing you posited about what FRANCIS, said was bogus ..a,satire that WAS NOT FUNNY ..
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER EVERY NEWS,STATION WITH HIM SAYING IT ...if it was,true .he said them ...And you know it as it is totally NOT what Catholics,preach .
I had problems,with some of the things I've seen posted about evolution and that NEW ISRAEL LINK ...
But please at least use something other th a,one idiot website when proclaiming the words of Francis ...
You make non Catholics look foolish ..IMO ..using nonsense to make a,point .
The statements,of JOHN PAUL...You are quoting..I did not comment on ...
John Paul said the same thing!!!!!! And this is from a Catholic web site!!!!!

Heaven, Hell and Purgatory by Pope John Paul II

Hell is the State of Those who Reject God

At the General Audience of Wednesday, 28 July 1999, the Holy Father reflected on hell as the definitive rejection of God. In his catechesis, the Pope said that care should be taken to interpret correctly the images of hell in Sacred Scripture, and explained that "hell is the ultimate consequence of sin itself... Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy".

----------
And he said:(from a Catholic web site....)

Heaven is the transcendent dwelling-place of the living God

Metaphorically speaking, heaven is understood as the dwelling-place of God, who is thus distinguished from human beings (cf. Ps 104:2f.; 115:16; Is 66:1). He sees and judges from the heights of heaven (cf. Ps 113:4-9) and comes down when he is called upon (cf. Ps 18:9, 10; 144:5). However the biblical metaphor makes it clear that God does not identify himself with heaven, nor can he be contained in it (cf. 1 Kgs 8:27); and this is true, even though in some passages of the First Book of the Maccabees "Heaven" is simply one of God's names (1 Mc 3:18, 19, 50, 60; 4:24, 55).

See: Metaphorically speaking......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 6 min Johnny 19
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Scientistalways 37,091
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 988,532
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 30 min My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr oneear69 121,925
___End Time ISRAEL -- 2017 FOREWARNINGS___ 2 hr oneear69 2
672,000 gallons of oil spilled off Louisiana co... 8 hr Freakenstein 2
More from around the web