Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658428 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503711 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosez....Ant....the truth for you is not something you can accept and face.....but it remains the truth....
The messages from the popes that there is no heaven...no hell....can originate only from one source...Satan...
Christians have known from day one that purgatory never was....Popes are just now teaching the same thing......finally....
Thank you BenAdam.....
They are still a man made church teaching false doctrine and just because they finally have seen the light on purgatory doesn't change there status as a man made church teaching false doctrine. The only true church is the Church of Christ which is easily seen in the bible as being the church of the bible. In order to be the church spoken of in the bible a church must worship and abide by what the bible says, not add or take away from worship.

Location hidden

#503712 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true....the definition of "church" as used in the NT has not the name Catholic nor Church of Christ.....plus...none of the seven churches referred to by Christ in Rev were also not identified as Catholic or Church of Christ....
What makes the Church of Christ the church of the bible is how they worship and set up the church according to the bible, the Church of Christ does just that. No other church comes even close.
michael

Canada

#503713 Jan 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not allowed to criticize your Pope?
Is your Pope another god?
...be the first to try it. She would love to run somebody.

"Go ahead make her day"
michael

Canada

#503714 Jan 2, 2014
....why would anyone choose to live in Minnesota -45 degrees below zero.
What were their ancestors thinking to settle so far north?
michael

Canada

#503715 Jan 2, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> What makes the Church of Christ the church of the bible is how they worship and set up the church according to the bible, the Church of Christ does just that. No other church comes even close.
How they worship you say! Doesn't the bible claim that Jesus worshipped on Saturdays his entire life and he learned from, and preached from the Torah.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503716 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text> They are still a man made church teaching false doctrine and just because they finally have seen the light on purgatory doesn't change there status as a man made church teaching false doctrine. The only true church is the Church of Christ which is easily seen in the bible as being the church of the bible. In order to be the church spoken of in the bible a church must worship and abide by what the bible says, not add or take away from worship.
The name Church of Christ is not in the KJV..Do you have any idea what the definition of "church" is in the NT????

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#503717 Jan 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
""In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said: "Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.” In a shocking speech that is reverberating across the world, Pope Francis declared that:
“All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”
Wow! That turns Christianity on its head!
The Pope confirmed what I have been telling you all for two years!
Is the Pope a lying Satan worshiper like some of you called me ?
False!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/francis...

Location hidden

#503718 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true....the definition of "church" as used in the NT has not the name Catholic nor Church of Christ.....plus...none of the seven churches referred to by Christ in Rev were also not identified as Catholic or Church of Christ....
If your church is the one that is spoken of in the bible then that means your church takes the Lord's supper every Lord's day,Acts 20:7, 11.“On the first day of the week we came together to break
bread. Singing only is authorized, Ephesians 5;19 and Colossians 3;16, Baptism is essential to one's salvation. Mark 16;16, Romans 16;16 Tithing is also done every Lords day 1 Corinthians 16;2,,On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned. Don't wait until I get there and then try to collect it all at once. Elders and deacons are the only offices that are to be used. If your church doesn't worship this way then your church is a man made church, and not the church of the bible, which the Church of Christ is that church of the bible.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#503719 Jan 2, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....we now know that many roman catholic bishops around the world had lied and deceived all Catholics by covering up the worst sins of all, lying to all Catholics including you star c. To be true to your word, does that mean they too should be ignored? That they too are jerks?
Show us you are not hypocrite
Yes, those who deceive are all jerks.

No Catholic like filthy dirty men, Catholic or not.

Happy now? That's what we've all been saying.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#503720 Jan 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not allowed to criticize your Pope?
Is your Pope another god?
The Pope is not a God.

The person that criticized the Pope told a lie, and changed his name to mine. So no we must not lie and spread false rumors about anyone.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#503721 Jan 2, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope is not a God.
The person that criticized the Pope told a lie, and changed his name to mine. So no we must not lie and spread false rumors about anyone.
Let me guess: Oxbow?

Columbus, OH

#503722 Jan 2, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding Ox, I had to report him b/c on one of his post he changed if to read my name. He got off with a warning . So yes he is a thief and liar. I'll never post to him again. He is one to be ignored.
Now he is exposed. What a jerk.
Happy New Year, Anthony
Why am I not surprised?

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#503723 Jan 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And,IMO shows,dishonesty ...which we should not tolerate,.
I agree!

Christian dishonesty should NOT be tolerated!!!

The lies they spread about God is despicable.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#503724 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text> What makes the Church of Christ the church of the bible is how they worship and set up the church according to the bible, the Church of Christ does just that. No other church comes even close.
Did the "magic spirit" thingy possess you to tell that lie?

Columbus, OH

#503725 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you tell him why I did it......
I'm guessing because your dishonest.

Columbus, OH

#503726 Jan 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CHRISTIAN concept of heaven...with the LORD...however that place may be ..He is,there with us,
..And then there is,the,lake of fire in the end ..no Lord ...
Any sane,person would prefer the former ...of course it's,His,home ..His,is,the,welcome for those who love Him..
I love making fun of him.

Does that get me in?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503727 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosez....Ant....the truth for you is not something you can accept and face.....but it remains the truth....
The messages from the popes that there is no heaven...no hell....can originate only from one source...Satan...
Christians have known from day one that purgatory never was....Popes are just now teaching the same thing......finally....
Thank you BenAdam.....
Look OX ...j don't usually reply to you .

However that thing you posited about what FRANCIS, said was bogus ..a,satire that WAS NOT FUNNY ..

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER EVERY NEWS,STATION WITH HIM SAYING IT ...if it was,true .he said them ...And you know it as it is totally NOT what Catholics,preach .

I had problems,with some of the things I've seen posted about evolution and that NEW ISRAEL LINK ...

But please at least use something other th a,one idiot website when proclaiming the words of Francis ...
You make non Catholics look foolish ..IMO ..using nonsense to make a,point .

The statements,of JOHN PAUL...You are quoting..I did not comment on ...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503728 Jan 2, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I love making fun of him.
Does that get me in?
Well Chess...what's yer horse an saddle worth?...and how good a shot are ya?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503729 Jan 2, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's you. When someone writes a negative remark about our Pope and adds my to to it, u bet I will report them. There's alway a first time, right?
Happy New Year.
:)
It's your right to report others. I just choose not to report anyone to Topix for any reason whatsoever.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503730 Jan 2, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's you. When someone writes a negative remark about our Pope and adds my to to it, u bet I will report them. There's alway a first time, right?
Happy New Year.
:)
Agree ..I say enough myself without having words,put in my mouth that I'd never say ..

As,I said any quote from ANY POSTER should have ..a, link attached to it ...or Be ignored ...
As a,lie,....

From both sides,of any debate ...

Also harassment and stalking...lying about people ''
would be nice to get rid of . Along with bad language .

.however
If we all could at least agree on bad quoting ..it's,a,start

Posting sources and links to quotes,...what could it hurt ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Happy Lesbo 70,191
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min The Hangman 974,649
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Mars in Leo 618,835
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 42 min Poppyann 2,998
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min No more Mr nice guy 45,585
topic sex forum gone? 59 min Kgroot1234 42
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Buck Crick 282,890
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr gundee123 4,940
More from around the web