Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,197
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#503334 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People find tolerance of beliefs by hanging out in groups of people that have the same beliefs.
I suggest that forums are not a place to even expect to find tolerance.
You're nutty like my grammy.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#503335 Dec 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Oldcly, Sola Scripture makes more sense than ever before. Thank you.
FYI.. http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/sola-scrip ...
<quoted text>
Who is this "we" you are referring to? The Roman Catholic church? You and they are so full of it. You and they are a part of satan's deception. FYI here are the first TWO paragraphs from the website I referenced in my quote listed above: http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/sola-scrip ...
The sixteenth century Reformation was responsible for restoring to the Church the principle of Sola Scriptura, a principle that had been operative within the Church from the very beginning of the post apostolic age.
Initially the apostles taught orally, but with the close of the apostolic age, all special revelation that God wanted preserved for man was codified in the written Scriptures. Sola Scriptura is the teaching, founded on the Scriptures themselves, that there is only one special revelation from God that man possesses today, the written Scriptures or the Bible.
<quoted text>
OldSlyCly, said, quote, "Given the fact of how the bible developed; historical fact, scientific fact, archeological fact; it should be blatantly obvious there needs to be more than just scripture." End quote.
Historic.....scientific......a rchaeological facts??? Where is the word inspiration. The Bible is God's divine revelation to man by INSPIRATION of the Holy Spirit. The men that wrote the Bible were willing vessels. Just as Mary was a willing vessel and nothing more than a vessel. We praise her for being willing but God did the miracles, not Mary. Her righteousness is nothing more than "filthy rags". Comprende'
Misrepresent? Look in the mirror? No, you need to take a deep and long look into the mirror. You are Roman not "catholic". When you place the word Roman in front of the word "catholic" you corrupt it and it becomes Roman "Catholic" which is nothing more than saying Roman Empire.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So tomorrow if I leave the Cathedral of St. Paul (a Roman Catholic Church where I'm a member) and join the Saint John's Byzantine Catholic Church in Minneapolis, which would be ok with my 'Roman' Catholic Church, but would it be ok to you? You couldn't call me a Roman Catholic anymore. That title doesn't fit the community of Saint John in Mpls.
Scratch your ignorant brain on that..
From your own mouth.....you all answer to Rome. ALL!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#503336 Dec 31, 2013
Proof of the authenticity of the Bible. Ths is very interesting.

that amazing book,the bible

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#503337 Dec 31, 2013
Ooops,faux pas. Here's the link to that Amazing book the Bible..

http://www.google.com/search... .

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#503338 Dec 31, 2013

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#503339 Dec 31, 2013
Islam is a religion born in the seventh circle of hell.

Today I found out that the owner of a restaurant that I used to dine at and he's a muslim,murdered his own daughter because she was becoming too westernized so he choked her to death.

Those of you that don't believe in possession by demonic spirits need look no further than the adherents of Islam whose minds have been manipulated by the forces of darkness that causes people such as this father that murdered his own daughter.

Today this father is serving time in prison.Had I had my way I would have burned him alive.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#503340 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Had Jesus even lived, I suggest that having been a learned Rabbi, he would hold fast to that position and always be a Rabbi.
It would make no sense whatsoever for him to be playing with Catholics in the river Jordon and saying to John the Catholic "saint" ... "I want you to baptize me as a Catholic!"
Silly stuff indeed!
Jesus was "often" addressed as Rabbi.

He would be a true Rabbi, if he lived today, not those Rabbis you see in jewish synagogues.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#503341 Dec 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Today I found out that the owner of a restaurant that I used to dine at and he's a muslim,murdered his own daughter because she was becoming too westernized so he choked her to death.
Those of you that don't believe in possession by demonic spirits need look no further than the adherents of Islam whose minds have been manipulated by the forces of darkness that causes people such as this father that murdered his own daughter.
Today this father is serving time in prison.Had I had my way I would have burned him alive.
What will happen to the food you ate at that restaurant?

Will you vomit it out?

What nonsense to condemn a major world religion by act of some one which is against the teaching of religion.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#503342 Dec 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you vomit it out?
What nonsense to condemn a major world religion by act of some one which is against the teaching of religion.
More to the point,it is God that condemns Islam and it is God that will deposit this religion into the lake of fire along with the beast and the false prophet (don't know why the prophet Mohammed comes to mind when the phrase false prophet is mentioned).

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503343 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
We have a choice. We either accept that all religion is based on lies ... or we believe that the religion to which we personally belong is the only one that preaches truth.
I finally accepted that all the theology I was taught as a child was based on lies, and that is when I cut all the ties that previously bound me to some of the mind-SETS of theologians.
I now believe I am whole and relatively decent ... just as I am.
We are all pretty much the same way as you described yourself. The bible doesn't contain lies, it's simply you not studying properly. There can only be one church as God only made one. Two people should come up with the same answer and understanding of the bible, the reason why we have so many different churches is man thinks he knows better and decides to start a church and run it the way they want instead of what the bible says on how God commands us to worship him. If you and I read the bible such as the New King James Version we will come up with the same answers every time. Prove to me that the bible has lies.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503344 Dec 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
And you are just as arrogantly, ignorantly wrong as you were then.
Carrion. There is no point in being arrogantly ignorant and lazy unless you show it...and you seem to do it quite well.
Why don't you respond to the content of my post.

You used to run a whole lot of scientific jargon by me as being based on some form of knowledge

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#503345 Dec 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you vomit it out?
As I stated until I discovered that the owner of this restaurant was such an Islamic demonic mongrel,I enjoyed the food. But I will never eat there ever again.

On occasion I would even treat the entire staff of nurses and support staff at work from this restaurant and everyone loved this restaurant's food. I'm spreading the word about this restaurant though and I guarantee you there's gonna be a drop in business at the restaurant.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503346 Dec 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>More to the point,it is God that condemns Islam
The latest rumor from on HIGH is that god condemns all humans to a life of servitude and misery ... because god is perfect and humans that he created, starting with Adam and Eve are scum of the earth.

:)

How do it feel to know you are just as scummy as all other humans???

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503347 Dec 31, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> We are all pretty much the same way as you described yourself.
Yes ... we are animals with more selfishness in us than all other animals on earth.

Those, such as you, in religion. demand eternal bliss in hereafters, as though it is YOUR DIVINE Right.

Greedy, silly nincompoops!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#503348 Dec 31, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> We are all pretty much the same way as you described yourself. The bible doesn't contain lies, it's simply you not studying properly. There can only be one church as God only made one. Two people should come up with the same answer and understanding of the bible, the reason why we have so many different churches is man thinks he knows better and decides to start a church and run it the way they want instead of what the bible says on how God commands us to worship him. If you and I read the bible such as the New King James Version we will come up with the same answers every time. Prove to me that the bible has lies.
Uhhhh. The New King James Bible is corrupt. Get yourself a KJV and and do away with the other corrupted Bible versions such as the New King James version. The NIV is another corrupt Bible version. There are so many others that are corrupt.

As a Christian,and having some level of Spiritual discernment,have you not wonderd why there have been so many different Bible versions lately that have been dumped onto the world scene? Satan is busy and as scripture teaches us he is transformed ( DISGUISED) as an angel of light. It is he that has dumped so many different Bible versions onto the world scene. Scripture tells us that he is the most subtil than any of Gods creation. A Christian with Spiritual discernment should be able to see the handiwork of Satan and recognize his corruption with all the different Bible versions.A word to the wise is sufficient.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503349 Dec 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was "often" addressed as Rabbi.
Of course! The Catholics wrote fables about Jesus being a Rabbi ... BEFORE he became enlightened by the Catholic saint, John the Baptist. They had to depict Jesus as a Jew who changed his religion by choice, in order to also depict him as a very WISE Jew for choosing Catholicism.

First he preached Judaism ... then he said "POEEY on Judaism ... I NOW am a WISE and HOLY Catholic. I work in Catholic confessionals, forgiving Catholic of their sins, and my picture hangs in Catholic churches. And believe it or not, the followers don't wake up and say to their selves that there is something fishy about that Jesus-story told by the Catholic church-fathers.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503350 Dec 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Are you positive???

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503351 Dec 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Good evening everyone.
As always I am in the mode to share enlightenment from Gods word.
Hahahahahahaha

Did god's word give you information on Muslims spending eternity in hell???

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503352 Dec 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
And you are just as arrogantly, ignorantly wrong as you were then.
You certainly are changeable.

A couple of pages back you wrote the following comment.

Black Thunder 42 wrote:

<quoted text>
That's really comical. What you are very slowly finding and writing in the forum is exactly what I was talking about. >>>KNOWLEDGE< <<

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503353 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I don't subscribe to your belief that a person in religion must go around condemning others to hell, then I don't play favorites....
If you don't believe in hell for others, then hell must be for you, as the Catholic religion is based on the doctrine that heaven and hell are both REAL.

And the fact that you ARE a Catholic, means you do play favorites. If that weren't so, you wouldn't BE a Catholic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 765,511
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min MUQ1 263,717
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 51 min MUQ1 37,661
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr truth 5,455
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,972
INSIDERJOHN.COM REVIEW : BinaryApp-810 SCAM 1 hr dess71 2
Moses never existed 2 hr truth 568
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Dr Wu 603,720
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 hr BottomNow 1,191
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 12 hr Dubai Massage 055... 141

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE