Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665349 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503574 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the sources thief, this one is the English translation from the Italian by Blessed John Paul II. The first one was written by an Internet blogger as a joke. You found some some website that , like you, is too lazy and/or ignorant to figure it out. Thief/chump.
Really????

Heaven, Hell and Purgatory by Pope John Paul II - EWTN.com
www.ewtn.com/library/papaldoc/jp2heavn.htm&am... ;

HEAVEN, HELL AND PURGATORY
Pope John Paul II

In three controversial Wednesday Audiences, Pope John Paul II pointed out that the essential characteristic of heaven, hell or purgatory is that they are states of being of a spirit (angel/demon) or human soul, rather than places, as commonly perceived and represented in human language. This language of place is, according to the Pope, inadequate to describe the realities involved, since it is tied to the temporal order in which this world and we exist. In this he is applying the philosophical categories used by the Church in her theology and saying what St. Thomas Aquinas said long before him.

"Incorporeal things are not in place after a manner known and familiar to us, in which way we say that bodies are properly in place; but they are in place after a manner befitting spiritual substances, a manner that cannot be fully manifest to us." [St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologiae, Supplement, Q69, a1, reply 1]

He also said Heaven is not a place!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#503575 Jan 1, 2014
AND:
Heaven is the transcendent dwelling-place of the living God

Metaphorically speaking, heaven is understood as the dwelling-place of God, who is thus distinguished from human beings (cf. Ps 104:2f.; 115:16; Is 66:1). He sees and judges from the heights of heaven (cf. Ps 113:4-9) and comes down when he is called upon (cf. Ps 18:9, 10; 144:5). However the biblical metaphor makes it clear that God does not identify himself with heaven, nor can he be contained in it (cf. 1 Kgs 8:27); and this is true, even though in some passages of the First Book of the Maccabees "Heaven" is simply one of God's names (1 Mc 3:18, 19, 50, 60; 4:24, 55).

See: Metaphorically speaking......

Location hidden

#503576 Jan 1, 2014
AND:
Hell is a state of eternal damnation

2. To describe this reality Sacred Scripture uses a symbolical language which will gradually be explained. In the Old Testament the condition of the dead had not yet been fully disclosed by Revelation. Moreover it was thought that the dead were amassed in Sheol, a land of darkness (cf. Ez. 28:8; 31:14; Jb. 10:21f.; 38:17; Ps 30:10; 88:7, 13), a pit from which one cannot reascend (cf. Jb. 7:9), a place in which it is impossible to praise God (cf. Is 38:18; Ps 6:6).

See: symbolical language

Location hidden

#503577 Jan 1, 2014
AND:
Purgatory Is Necessary Purification

Before we enter into full communion with God, every trace of sin within us must be eliminated and every imperfection in our soul must be corrected

At the General Audience of Wednesday, 4 August 1999, following his catecheses on heaven and hell, the Holy Father reflected on Purgatory. He explained that physical integrity is necessary to enter into perfect communion with God therefore "the term purgatory does not indicate a place, but a condition of existence", where Christ "removes ... the remnants of imperfection".

See: the term purgatory does not indicate a place, but a condition of existence"

Take heart all non repentant sinners...there is no such place as "hell"!!!!
Ain't that wonderful?????!!!!!

Location hidden

#503578 Jan 1, 2014
Ain't he great!!!!!! The so called vicar of Christ!!!!

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God” Pope Francis declared.

Great news for all!!!!! There is no hell....no matter what....sooner or later you will go to heaven!!!!

Location hidden

#503579 Jan 1, 2014
A third source.....same message...

POPE JOHN PAUL II REJECTS REALITY OF A LITERAL HELL

During his weekly address to the general audience of 8,500 people at the Vatican on July 28, 1999, Pope John Paul II rejected the reality of a physical, literal hell as a place of eternal fire and torment. Rather, the pope said hell is separation, even in this life, from the joyful communion with God. According to an official Vatican transcript of the pope's speech, Pope John Paul II noted that the Scriptural references to hell and the images portrayed by Scripture are only symbolic and figurative of "the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. " He added, "Rather than a physical place, hell is the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy." He said hell is "a condition resulting from attitudes and actions which people adopt in this life." Concerning the concept of eternal damnation, the pope said, "Damnation consists precisely in definitive separation from God, freely chosen by the human person, and confirmed with death that seals his choice for ever." The pope also added, "The thought of hell and even less the improper use of biblical images must not create anxiety or despair." Rather, he stated, it is a reminder of the freedom found in Christ.

Ant.....look!!!!!! "According to an official Vatican transcript of the pope's speech, Pope John Paul II noted that the Scriptural references to hell and the images portrayed by Scripture are only symbolic and figurative of "the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. "
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503580 Jan 1, 2014
its been extrimly summer hot day like hell..
my father not return home with my mother for 3 days..yee oldest sisters is gone have family they care for us youngest perfectly better then mother..yeeoldest brother gone too..then i left with two others..yee
burning i say to my brother next to me..mum and dady not come..we going tonighy on canal spend all night we have to turn watwer over our properthy..
its something he say to me..oooooooo don't go in dark there vis always something..
holy ghost i say..don't wory god will protect us..shiny moon is everywhere as day..yeeeeeeee
then i go I have to..or else..all lot will burn not will be any more money for books pencils and so on I say to my brother..no..

i go in deep water turn over entire canal over my properthy on 6x place yeeeeeeeeeeeee then go up and down..if damige damige i don't think so even neighbours have lots of nice water too ha ha ha

in morning my oldest cousan come say..o youuuuuuuuuuuu stolen water from all of them..
go home wash yourself..see jelouse lazy cousan..they bring nice bus as camping car yee nice t shirts boots beautifull expencive madras..they sleep all night downstreem few houndreed meters..ohhhhhhhhhhh not even drop of water going them..did they care notttttttttttttt sleepy bear as in winter..oh my god thanks keep them sleep for us youngest poor kids we have all lots water..i fix up within one night what my father need for 7 days if if if they have water..only during night if if if are you lucky have from others people..
God miracle is alwayes better..have faith and hope..god watching us..yeeeeee even when others think we are hopless or poor..
my grandfather properthy is been huge and structure of land during summer is been always thrsty to keep alive what ever have its been hard keep up as on right time.

We as kids always listen Father we have too ..he teach us..we do without any order after we except our hardship..system where we lived is not be for us mercyfull..no!
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503581 Jan 1, 2014
they sleep as twenkle on eyes downstrem near canal people sleeping days and nights for water for dry thrsty farms..

Who do that for us poor kids?
all of them sleep as bear in winter nobody move..

except meeeeeeee

must be miracle for us

I told you its something there my youngest brother say, then me say..oh don't be scare God watching us..we do our parts job for pencil books and cloths..why you worried who is around?
I don't have time to be scare no.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503582 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony needs to repent and receive the Spirit of Jesus alone, he has no idea how black and white the Word is, God bless him.

You elders could show him the way if you put your 'given' mind to it.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503583 Jan 1, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you calling Mohammed the Comforter? The Comforter is the Holy Spirit and to call this folse prophet Mohammed the Comforter is the height of blasphemy aka the ..........UNFORGIVEABLE SIN.
And you buddy should study the Word with that Comforter alone so that you someday might comfort someone did you ever think?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#503584 Jan 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But when people use religion, they claim that gods are supporting their brutality ... and I disagree!
The same way, nations fight with each other, hoping that entire population are behind them.

There are or were "Very few" wars that were fought on truly religious issues. people somehow overlaid their own desires with the name of their religion.

I will call that as a misuse of religion.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#503585 Jan 1, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you calling Mohammed the Comforter? The Comforter is the Holy Spirit and to call this folse prophet Mohammed the Comforter is the height of blasphemy aka the ..........UNFORGIVEABLE SIN.
Just check the Qualities which jesus mentioned it for Comforter and then verify how many of these are fulfilled by the so called Holy Ghost.

Our prophet meets all the most critical of these qualities.

You are right, it is the highest blasphemy to lie about so called Holy Ghost, to make "it" a partner and equal to God as another God.

You people hardly use your brains and given in to blasphemies of St. Paul, the self claimed apostle of Jesus.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503586 Jan 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I've never understood humans who could believe that they will be rewarded with eternal bliss and others will suffer eternal hell.
I perceive that people that believe that way are needy and greedy and want the fun stuff all for their selves.
To me that type of belief is a total turn-off.
hey we have already received the hope of eternal life and you did not?

I'm sure it's in your heart June (right and wrong) as you are a 'gentile', that is a gift from God. I pray you can see it and turn to the Father of it ALL, He will send you His Spirit through His Son Jesus and you will be God's daughter forever. His blessings on you.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503587 Jan 1, 2014
And June, one can't get right with God but through Jesus, His One and only begotten Son.

"When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit
of truth who goes out from the Father--he will testify about me....
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#503588 Jan 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I've never understood humans who could believe that they will be rewarded with eternal bliss and others will suffer eternal hell.
I perceive that people that believe that way are needy and greedy and want the fun stuff all for their selves.
To me that type of belief is a total turn-off.
Charming.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503589 Jan 1, 2014
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.... When
the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth....
//bible.cc/john/16-13.htm - 20k
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503590 Jan 1, 2014
And Jesus Christ was revealed as God's Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross--not by water only, but by water and blood. And the Spirit, who is truth, confirms it with his testimony.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503591 Jan 1, 2014
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503592 Jan 1, 2014
1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

1 John 5:5
Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

1 John 5:4
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503593 Jan 1, 2014
"When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father--he will testify about me.

So very true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 min Truthiness 569
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 min Buck Crick 143
Thomas Jefferson said that Jesus NEVER existed! 10 min Buck Crick 24
Did O.J. toss murder into a Brentwood street g... 11 min Knock off purse s... 4
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Thinking 88,158
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 32 min Neville Thompson 963
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Ricky F 184,736
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 284,568
More from around the web