Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599842 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503315 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your laughter stems from your inability to be truthful with your self. And that is NOT a laughing matter!!!
June

If Gods R Delusions believes he is above religious argument, then I don't argue. I just point and laugh.

I understand his prejudice and presuppositions now, and he is defeated before he starts his diatribe. Even if he limits my responses....That is not arrogance, but instead is confidence....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503316 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suggest that if you needed a lawyer, you would want the most dishonest pit-bull type of lawyer to get you off so that in turn your self-perceived holy Catholic butt wouldn't have to end up in prison.
June

You too are under the impression that the court/judicial system is above reproach....How naïve....

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503317 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
You too are under the impression that the court/judicial system is above reproach....How naïve....
Don't be so silly. Lawyers and judges suffer from greed and skewed perceptions as do all other humans .!

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503318 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
If Gods R Delusions believes he is above religious argument, then I don't argue. I just point and laugh.
I understand his prejudice and presuppositions now, and he is defeated before he starts his diatribe. Even if he limits my responses....That is not arrogance, but instead is confidence....
Your perception of your self as being high and mighty is what took you back to Catholicism as your religion of choice.

"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503319 Dec 31, 2013
Judaism 101

Olam Ha-Ba: The Afterlife

Biblical References to the Afterlife

Some scholars claim that belief in the afterlife is a teaching that developed late in Jewish history. It is true that the Torah emphasizes immediate, concrete, physical rewards and punishments rather than abstract future ones.

http://www.jewfaq.org/olamhaba.htm

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503320 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Being that you belong to the Catholic religion ONLY ... means you put your SELF above the religious argument of those in all other religions.

I suggest you have a laugh at your own expense ... for a change!!!
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503321 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Well..., if the machine is broken, then get somebody who is capable of fixing it, t go ahead and fix it.
The Creator is the only one that can fix the problem with sin in humanity, but people still don't want to, or refuse to listen(or just the parts they like)....
(Fooled you. I didn't take the easy "free will" root.)smiles
You did fool me on the free will thing. Bravo.

OK, we agree that a Creator is the only one who can fix his own mistakes. But when you say the mistake is due to "sin," (a concept that about 75% of humanity don't have a clue).

You say people "don't want to listen" or "refuse to listen?"

Listen to who? Listen to what?

We all agree that at least 95% of mankind's religious dogma is BS -- all except mine, and maybe yours.

You reject 95% of man's religious dogma. I reject 100%.

We are in 95% agreement. Cool. We agree about all religious delusions except yours.
Liam

United States

#503322 Dec 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Oldcly, Sola Scripture makes more sense than ever before. Thank you.
FYI.. http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/sola-scrip ...
<quoted text>
Who is this "we" you are referring to? The Roman Catholic church? You and they are so full of it. You and they are a part of satan's deception. FYI here are the first TWO paragraphs from the website I referenced in my quote listed above: http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/sola-scrip ...
The sixteenth century Reformation was responsible for restoring to the Church the principle of Sola Scriptura, a principle that had been operative within the Church from the very beginning of the post apostolic age.
Initially the apostles taught orally, but with the close of the apostolic age, all special revelation that God wanted preserved for man was codified in the written Scriptures. Sola Scriptura is the teaching, founded on the Scriptures themselves, that there is only one special revelation from God that man possesses today, the written Scriptures or the Bible.
<quoted text>
OldSlyCly, said, quote, "Given the fact of how the bible developed; historical fact, scientific fact, archeological fact; it should be blatantly obvious there needs to be more than just scripture." End quote.
Historic.....scientific......a rchaeological facts??? Where is the word inspiration. The Bible is God's divine revelation to man by INSPIRATION of the Holy Spirit. The men that wrote the Bible were willing vessels. Just as Mary was a willing vessel and nothing more than a vessel. We praise her for being willing but God did the miracles, not Mary. Her righteousness is nothing more than "filthy rags". Comprende'
Misrepresent? Look in the mirror? No, you need to take a deep and long look into the mirror. You are Roman not "catholic". When you place the word Roman in front of the word "catholic" you corrupt it and it becomes Roman "Catholic" which is nothing more than saying Roman Empire.
So tomorrow if I leave the Cathedral of St. Paul (a Roman Catholic Church where I'm a member) and join the Saint John's Byzantine Catholic Church in Minneapolis, which would be ok with my 'Roman' Catholic Church, but would it be ok to you? You couldn't call me a Roman Catholic anymore. That title doesn't fit the community of Saint John in Mpls.
Scratch your ignorant brain on that..

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503323 Dec 31, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You did fool me on the free will thing. Bravo.
OK, we agree that a Creator is the only one who can fix his own mistakes. But when you say the mistake is due to "sin," (a concept that about 75% of humanity don't have a clue).
You say people "don't want to listen" or "refuse to listen?"
Listen to who? Listen to what?
We all agree that at least 95% of mankind's religious dogma is BS -- all except mine, and maybe yours.
You reject 95% of man's religious dogma. I reject 100%.
We are in 95% agreement. Cool. We agree about all religious delusions except yours.
If an all-knowing creator exists, it used its free will to create all forms of animals that it knew (AHEAD OF TIME) would suffer emotionally and physically.

Three cheers as in (father, son and holy ghost) for the "loving" creator's free will!

BLAAAAHHHH!
nedkelly

Prestwick, UK

#503324 Dec 31, 2013
ShamanMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Answers would be a waste of time. Your deeply entrenched bigotry & hatred of other religions is based on fear,ignorance, superstitions and lies.
I hope you are just dumb, and not really as EVIL as you seem in your post. Pray the Lord Jesus will deliver you from the demons of hatred, bigotry and fear.
really "tolerant" of you.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503325 Dec 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really comical. What you are very slowly finding and writing in the forum is exactly what I was talking about. >>>KNOWLEDGE< <<
Bologna!

You used to run a whole lot of scientific jargon by me as being based on some form of knowledge, that I in turn, never comprehended as anything but gibberish, and I let you know in no uncertain terms that I believed it was gibberish.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#503326 Dec 31, 2013
nedkelly wrote:
<quoted text>
really "tolerant" of you.
People find tolerance of beliefs by hanging out in groups of people that have the same beliefs.

I suggest that forums are not a place to even expect to find tolerance.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#503327 Dec 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "Jesus" is not a name, but a title....one which has been "morphed" into something it was never meant to represent in the original Hebrew records of birth by an extremely powerful and deceitful theocracy seeking to create a "superhero" to establish it's origin as "universally" "divine" and unquestionable...and therefore, all powerful.
Even His mother's name has been "morphed" from Mariamne to Mary in an effort to disassociate her from the powerful and wealthy "House of Herod"-for obvious reasons.
First off All variations,on the,name,MARY..are,prominent in the bible,...She was NOT related to Her or Who Was,NOT even a Jew,
Yashua. Joshua ..Yeshua...all names,from.That era,..That was,His,name...not His,title,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#503328 Dec 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "Jesus" is not a name, but a title....one which has been "morphed" into something it was never meant to represent in the original Hebrew records of birth by an extremely powerful and deceitful theocracy seeking to create a "superhero" to establish it's origin as "universally" "divine" and unquestionable...and therefore, all powerful.
Even His mother's name has been "morphed" from Mariamne to Mary in an effort to disassociate her from the powerful and wealthy "House of Herod"-for obvious reasons.
Oh and,Hi
.Good to see,you

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#503329 Dec 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
First off All variations,on the,name,MARY..are,prominent in the bible,...She was NOT related to Her or Who Was,NOT even a Jew,
Yashua. Joshua ..Yeshua...all names,from.That era
,..That was,His,name...not His,title,
NOT related,to HEROD,..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503330 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Bologna!
You used to run a whole lot of scientific jargon by me as being based on some form of knowledge, that I in turn, never comprehended as anything but gibberish, and I let you know in no uncertain terms that I believed it was gibberish.
LOL!
And you are just as arrogantly, ignorantly wrong as you were then.
Carrion. There is no point in being arrogantly ignorant and lazy unless you show it...and you seem to do it quite well.

Location hidden

#503331 Dec 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yashua. Joshua ..Yeshua...all names,from.That era,..That was,His,name...not His,title,
Hardly...It was a variation of Yahshi...Yeshua Ben Statda. Do you know what "Ben Statda"(and there are even variations of that) means?

Location hidden

#503332 Dec 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and,Hi
.Good to see,you
Good to see you too.
HI.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#503333 Dec 31, 2013
Good evening everyone.

As always I am in the mode to share enlightenment from Gods word.

Today I want to speak to those that profess Godliness. Those of you that hang so tightly to the traditions of men. I speak of the tradition where you call January 1 the New year. God New year does NOT take place in the dead of winter where everything is cold, dead and lifeless. Gods new year takes place in the spring when everything is being renewed and new life is bursting forth.

Gods new year begins in the Spring on the day of the Spring Equinox. This is just an FYI for those that prefer to be accurate instead of following the traditions of man where mans new year starts in the dead of winter on January 1.

A word to the wise is sufficient.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#503334 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People find tolerance of beliefs by hanging out in groups of people that have the same beliefs.
I suggest that forums are not a place to even expect to find tolerance.
You're nutty like my grammy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Justice League_ 865,067
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 7 min Burke Devlin 16
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 35 min Cameron 112
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 40 min WasteWater 6,309
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Just pondering 2,012
alshayae 2 hr atqwa 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 272,420
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 5 hr Frannie 44
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) Fri sangili karuppan 7,502
More from around the web