Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653916 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503508 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Nice article on Pope Francis.
http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/DanielDoherty/...
Ain't he great!!!!!! The so called vicar of Christ!!!!

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God” Pope Francis declared.

Great news for all!!!!! There is no hell....no matter what....sooner or later you will go to heaven!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503509 Jan 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You WISH!
Black Thunder is also a fraud who pretends to own high knowledge.
Both of you are braggarts with nothing but theories to support your dis-jointed claims of being tuned in to your own preferential stations of high knowledge.
Laff'n...
Feel free to expose how I am such a fraud...without making a fool of yourself in the process.

Do you think you may be able to show reasonable cause for dismissing others beliefs and histories with some actual evidence, rather than just badgering them with rhetorical hate mongering?
From what I have seen of you, you are quite miserable and unhappy, and wish to make everyone you touch the same. Rather than improve your own condition, you want to drag everyone and everything else down to your poverty.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#503510 Jan 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You WISH!
Black Thunder is also a fraud who pretends to own high knowledge.
Both of you are braggarts with nothing but theories to support your dis-jointed claims of being tuned in to your own preferential stations of high knowledge.
now that's a mouth full!!

Location hidden

#503511 Jan 1, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's you.
:D
According to you Catholic's..which means nothing to anyone but you.

Location hidden

#503512 Jan 1, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Laff'n...
Feel free to expose how I am such a fraud...without making a fool of yourself in the process.
Do you think you may be able to show reasonable cause for dismissing others beliefs and histories with some actual evidence, rather than just badgering them with rhetorical hate mongering?
From what I have seen of you, you are quite miserable and unhappy, and wish to make everyone you touch the same. Rather than improve your own condition, you want to drag everyone and everything else down to your poverty.
Hellooo Ther...Happy New Year!! You know what they say, misery loves company. Thank God she not my neighbor. Good to see you!!!

Location hidden

#503513 Jan 1, 2014
Truth:

The Bible makes reference to the body being destroyed in Hell...“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy BOTH SOUL AND BODY in hell”(Matthew 10:28). Those in Hell will be cast into the Lake of Fire. The second death is a SEPARATION of your body, soul and spirit from God for ALL ETERNITY! How sad. If man will not accept the gift of eternal life from God, then he will receive the only other alternative—eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire. God never created mankind to be put in such a horrible place, but there is no other place for him. Hell was created for the Devil and his angels. I take it that this is a place where God never goes. The second death means eternal and absolute separation from God.

Repeat: The second death means eternal and absolute separation from God.

Location hidden

#503514 Jan 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sera,..Happy New,Year ...to you both.
Also TO EVERYONE ELSE,AS I SAID LADT NIGHT ..God bless you all
Hi Rose, Happy new year to you also!!! Nick and I hiad a quiet New Years Eve..Not like when we were younger and we would dance the night away..lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#503515 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God” Pope Francis declared.
Great news for all!!!!! There is no hell....no matter what....sooner or later you will go to heaven!!!!
It's a phony article. But of course, like most fundies you think everything you find on the Internet is God's truth.

Well thief, not only are you a thief and a cheater, you're also a chump. No wonder you never cite your sources.

http://www.ynaija.com/read-did-pope-francis-r...

Location hidden

#503516 Jan 1, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Hellooo Ther...Happy New Year!! You know what they say, misery loves company. Thank God she not my neighbor. Good to see you!!!
Happy New Year to you folks too!

Location hidden

#503517 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a phony article. But of course, like most fundies you think everything you find on the Internet is God's truth.
Well thief, not only are you a thief and a cheater, you're also a chump. No wonder you never cite your sources.
Tell me you want to give credit to my source on frannie and I will be glad to make that possible..

credit
1. Belief or confidence in the truth of something. See Synonyms at belief.
2. A reputation for sound character or quality; standing: It is to their credit that they worked so hard without complaining.
3. A source of honor or distinction: This exceptional athlete is a credit to our team.
4. Recognition or approval for an act, ability, or quality: gave them credit for a job well done.
5. Influence based on the good opinion or confidence of others.

Location hidden

#503518 Jan 1, 2014
Ant....wanna know the source of:

Hell is the State of Those who Reject God

At the General Audience of Wednesday, 28 July 1999, the Holy Father reflected on hell as the definitive rejection of God. In his catechesis, the Pope said that care should be taken to interpret correctly the images of hell in Sacred Scripture, and explained that "hell is the ultimate consequence of sin itself... Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy".
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#503519 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
chump
\&#712;ch&#601;mp\
noun
: a person who is easy to trick : a stupid or foolish person
Full Definition
:fool, dupe
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#503520 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me you want to give credit to my source on frannie and I will be glad to make that possible..
credit
1. Belief or confidence in the truth of something. See Synonyms at belief.
2. A reputation for sound character or quality; standing: It is to their credit that they worked so hard without complaining.
3. A source of honor or distinction: This exceptional athlete is a credit to our team.
4. Recognition or approval for an act, ability, or quality: gave them credit for a job well done.
5. Influence based on the good opinion or confidence of others.
The website you got that quote from is satire. He says he writes these articles to humor himself. Thief, cheater and now chump.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#503521 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Ant....wanna know the source of:
Hell is the State of Those who Reject God
At the General Audience of Wednesday, 28 July 1999, the Holy Father reflected on hell as the definitive rejection of God. In his catechesis, the Pope said that care should be taken to interpret correctly the images of hell in Sacred Scripture, and explained that "hell is the ultimate consequence of sin itself... Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy".
Thief/chump, you got caught with your pants down. You're a real glutton for punishment.

Location hidden

#503522 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
First---Happy New Year!
I ain't really sure I want to go there either Ox, after seeing who I will be in company with(by their own profession anyway).

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503523 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It do is not sound at all like Catholic teaching . Though I do expect Francis,to shake things up ..especially with regards,to the poor ..we shall see..But that article was phony as a,three dollar bill..IMO

.though I had been floored by some things you folks,have,posted,.
..this,sounds NOT AT ALL satirical ...as that paper says,...But something directly out of Revelation.....And the false religion of the Prophet ...nothing at all funny about it
YTube

Marietta, GA

#503524 Jan 1, 2014

The Day the Lord showed me ANTICHRIST -----

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

Pad

Rockford, IL

#503525 Jan 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Dante's Inferno, the deepest in which Satan exists is cold. There is little light, and movement very restricted....
Descriptions of reality are not the reality. Our minds may experience this reality, but our brains use sensory data, and abstractions to conceive what our mind experiences....
I am aware of differing discriptions of "hell" in some religions....
Robert F, I read your post that stated you did not make it a point to believe in the concepts of heaven and hell.I understand that totally,as even though I have been a practicing Christian most of my years,I find it very difficult to deal with a place that is the most horrible ever,HELL of course.

I would naturally agree that we as believers should not spend tooo much time fretting over heaven or hell for that matter.But presently to work toward serving the LORD.But the truth of the matter is Robert,where do we go rejecting the LORD as our Creator,once we die?Well the Bible does refer to d e a t h and non-existance to those who are evil.It is obvious that if we do not accept the GIFT of life that is Eternal from Christ,than the alternative is death,there is also mentioned the SECOND death as well.That would indicate a time that we are aware of our surroundings after our body is dead from this planet. What would be the purpose of the Judgment Day,if in fact the wicked and those who reject God die and that is it? Judgment is a surety for all who die mortally from this planet.SINCE we do not have a video that is sent by God to show us what He intends to do with those who reject Him,we must be concerned that it is in our best interest to embrace the Son of whom is Salvation.

The other question that rises is how often Jesus mentioned in the four gospels about a place where there would be gnashing of teeth,brimstone,fire,and alienation from God.Jesus spoke of the dying rich man as wanting just one drop of water to soothe his tongue,and that there was a gulf which was insurpassable between where the dead rich man found himself,and could not reach his brothers on earth to warn them of the horrible place he was in.That was not fictional,because JESUS used that as proof that wicked men and women will not have bliss for eternity.

If you find yourself being troubled over the issue of heaven and hell,I might share with you that I suffered terribly during my sugical visits in the hospital,as the anesthesia and the Dilauted that I used for pain,played havoc with my mind.The TV in the room when on caused me much distress,and I had to put up with it due to the other patient in the room.When I was alone I did not turn the TV on ,and still I had trouble with my mind racing and being haunted by so many thoughts and so on.I felt like I was in hell at times.But since we do not really know what hell is,it is just a figure of speech in regards to distress,and experiencing negative emotions.

It seems that we human beings can make things much worse than they are.But that is also limited,as we know that some people on this earth suffer terribly,whether it be poor health,mental anguish,persecutions,bullyings ,and whatever that is negative against us all.

Actually I am with you on what you state as to the good and evil we either embrace or combat.May the Lord give us His grace continually to succeed in the battle with evil.

I must conclude that heaven and hell do exist,but that we as being very limited do not grasp the magnitude of the existance of such places.It is true that we all want to be in heaven(who wants to be in hell?) only a mad person with no motivation to live a good life.That motivation comes from God to begin with."Don't fret the big stuff".

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#503526 Jan 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Chess Jurist
Peace
I pretty much reject the CONCEPTS of heaven and hell, as they are mindscapes of what we have been exposed to in our youth, as a means of conveying an end reward for good and evil.
Biblically, one is encouraged to be either good or evil, and not be lukewarm, which seems to produce unexpected and catastrophic results for such people.
In general, if one lives their life as if it were their last day on earth, it would be dedicated to seeking the good. And as I am old, that reality comes closer each day. Those more youthful would be wise in doing so....
Peace
Good points.

Also, while you use the plural -- concepts -- I clearly relied on the singular form of the word.

Of course there is not a unified, singular Christian concept of the afterlife; there are many.

Christians take a variety of views of the supposed system of postmortem rewards and punishment from the canon.

James Tabor, Chairman of the Department of Religious Studies at UNCC, argues the canon's many writers did, too:

http://clas-pages.uncc.edu/james-tabor/ancien...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#503527 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
chump
\&#712;ch&#601;mp\
noun
: a person who is easy to trick : a stupid or foolish person
Full Definition
:fool, dupe
You are a life time chump. It is called Roman Catholic. Got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Joe Fortuna 973,753
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Peter Ross 63,779
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Student 45,233
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min Lbj 106,491
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 13 min Peter Ross 795
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 18 min rohan40 534
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,577
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 281,858
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 9 hr teqy2000 79
More from around the web