Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695275 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503522 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't he great!!!!!! The so called vicar of Christ!!!!
“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God” Pope Francis declared.
Great news for all!!!!! There is no hell....no matter what....sooner or later you will go to heaven!!!!
First---Happy New Year!
I ain't really sure I want to go there either Ox, after seeing who I will be in company with(by their own profession anyway).

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503523 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a phony article. But of course, like most fundies you think everything you find on the Internet is God's truth.
Well thief, not only are you a thief and a cheater, you're also a chump. No wonder you never cite your sources.
http://www.ynaija.com/read-did-pope-francis-r...
It do is not sound at all like Catholic teaching . Though I do expect Francis,to shake things up ..especially with regards,to the poor ..we shall see..But that article was phony as a,three dollar bill..IMO

.though I had been floored by some things you folks,have,posted,.
..this,sounds NOT AT ALL satirical ...as that paper says,...But something directly out of Revelation.....And the false religion of the Prophet ...nothing at all funny about it
YTube

Marietta, GA

#503524 Jan 1, 2014

The Day the Lord showed me ANTICHRIST -----

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

Pad

Rockford, IL

#503525 Jan 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Dante's Inferno, the deepest in which Satan exists is cold. There is little light, and movement very restricted....
Descriptions of reality are not the reality. Our minds may experience this reality, but our brains use sensory data, and abstractions to conceive what our mind experiences....
I am aware of differing discriptions of "hell" in some religions....
Robert F, I read your post that stated you did not make it a point to believe in the concepts of heaven and hell.I understand that totally,as even though I have been a practicing Christian most of my years,I find it very difficult to deal with a place that is the most horrible ever,HELL of course.

I would naturally agree that we as believers should not spend tooo much time fretting over heaven or hell for that matter.But presently to work toward serving the LORD.But the truth of the matter is Robert,where do we go rejecting the LORD as our Creator,once we die?Well the Bible does refer to d e a t h and non-existance to those who are evil.It is obvious that if we do not accept the GIFT of life that is Eternal from Christ,than the alternative is death,there is also mentioned the SECOND death as well.That would indicate a time that we are aware of our surroundings after our body is dead from this planet. What would be the purpose of the Judgment Day,if in fact the wicked and those who reject God die and that is it? Judgment is a surety for all who die mortally from this planet.SINCE we do not have a video that is sent by God to show us what He intends to do with those who reject Him,we must be concerned that it is in our best interest to embrace the Son of whom is Salvation.

The other question that rises is how often Jesus mentioned in the four gospels about a place where there would be gnashing of teeth,brimstone,fire,and alienation from God.Jesus spoke of the dying rich man as wanting just one drop of water to soothe his tongue,and that there was a gulf which was insurpassable between where the dead rich man found himself,and could not reach his brothers on earth to warn them of the horrible place he was in.That was not fictional,because JESUS used that as proof that wicked men and women will not have bliss for eternity.

If you find yourself being troubled over the issue of heaven and hell,I might share with you that I suffered terribly during my sugical visits in the hospital,as the anesthesia and the Dilauted that I used for pain,played havoc with my mind.The TV in the room when on caused me much distress,and I had to put up with it due to the other patient in the room.When I was alone I did not turn the TV on ,and still I had trouble with my mind racing and being haunted by so many thoughts and so on.I felt like I was in hell at times.But since we do not really know what hell is,it is just a figure of speech in regards to distress,and experiencing negative emotions.

It seems that we human beings can make things much worse than they are.But that is also limited,as we know that some people on this earth suffer terribly,whether it be poor health,mental anguish,persecutions,bullyings ,and whatever that is negative against us all.

Actually I am with you on what you state as to the good and evil we either embrace or combat.May the Lord give us His grace continually to succeed in the battle with evil.

I must conclude that heaven and hell do exist,but that we as being very limited do not grasp the magnitude of the existance of such places.It is true that we all want to be in heaven(who wants to be in hell?) only a mad person with no motivation to live a good life.That motivation comes from God to begin with."Don't fret the big stuff".

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#503526 Jan 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Chess Jurist
Peace
I pretty much reject the CONCEPTS of heaven and hell, as they are mindscapes of what we have been exposed to in our youth, as a means of conveying an end reward for good and evil.
Biblically, one is encouraged to be either good or evil, and not be lukewarm, which seems to produce unexpected and catastrophic results for such people.
In general, if one lives their life as if it were their last day on earth, it would be dedicated to seeking the good. And as I am old, that reality comes closer each day. Those more youthful would be wise in doing so....
Peace
Good points.

Also, while you use the plural -- concepts -- I clearly relied on the singular form of the word.

Of course there is not a unified, singular Christian concept of the afterlife; there are many.

Christians take a variety of views of the supposed system of postmortem rewards and punishment from the canon.

James Tabor, Chairman of the Department of Religious Studies at UNCC, argues the canon's many writers did, too:

http://clas-pages.uncc.edu/james-tabor/ancien...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#503527 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
chump
\&#712;ch&#601;mp\
noun
: a person who is easy to trick : a stupid or foolish person
Full Definition
:fool, dupe
You are a life time chump. It is called Roman Catholic. Got it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#503528 Jan 1, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL...

May you discover the love that God has for people...the same love that He places in the hearts of those who love Him.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#503529 Jan 1, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a life time chump. It is called Roman Catholic. Got it.
"Are you familiar with the Latin phrase “argumentum ad hominem”? I find that many anti-Catholics resort to these tactics when they fall short in their arguments. It is quite natural and I noticed you utilized it quite extensively in your letter. You ridicule and chide in an attempt to gain the intellectual and spiritual high ground, without having to earn it first. If you do have a right to the high ground, it will be manifested after an honest discussion, and we’ll see in the end if you have the right to stand above others, judging them and their motives. Earning the high ground is not as simple as arrogating it.
I also noticed that you resort to flinging adjectives around that are loaded with negative connotations. Simpler folks obviously applaud your tactics and fall dead before them, but not everyone succumbs to weak debate tactics. Your colorful descriptions, such as “Romish,”“Roman humanist tradition,”“Roman harlot,” etc. I could do the same, by relying on loaded connotations, and referring to my old fundamentalist allies, and you, as Protestant sectarians, Bible idolaters, hatemongers, pontificating self righteous schismatics, exclusivists, hermeneutically deficient private interpreters of Scripture, little personal infallible popes, sacrament desecrating individualists, Scriptural relativists, Gnostically inclined anti-incarnational platonists, etc. I will try however to keep to the subject at hand and not stoop to hurling invectives and flinging adjectives."
Very good story here from former fundamentalist Steve Ray. You take a few moments and read it.
http://www.catholic-convert.com/wp-content/up...

Location hidden

#503530 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
chump
\&#712;ch&#601;mp\
noun
: a person who is easy to trick : a stupid or foolish person
Full Definition
:fool, dupe
unbeliever: a person who does not believe or withholds belief, esp in religious matters

Location hidden

#503531 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The website you got that quote from is satire. He says he writes these articles to humor himself. Thief, cheater and now chump.
You do not want to give credit to my source on frannie or on any subject that shows you the Truth...You want to do what you are now trying to do...discredit my source...

Location hidden

#503532 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief/chump, you got caught with your pants down. You're a real glutton for punishment.
This source is saying the same thing my first post said....

Hell is the State of Those who Reject God

At the General Audience of Wednesday, 28 July 1999, the Holy Father reflected on hell as the definitive rejection of God. In his catechesis, the Pope said that care should be taken to interpret correctly the images of hell in Sacred Scripture, and explained that "hell is the ultimate consequence of sin itself... Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy".

Ant....wanna know the source of it?????
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#503533 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
unbeliever: a person who does not believe or withholds belief, esp in religious matters
thief[ theef ]
noun [plural thieves.]
1. a person who steals, especially secretly or without open force; one guilty of theft or larceny.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503534 Jan 1, 2014
cemetery not exist..please tell me why not..eh funeral is very expensive today you know..when fisical body past away and return into dust..
Did God judge you..no..its your biological o'clock within you from first day as creation as well you stay long as you wish depend what your hand and mind provide as healthy life.
nothing else

Spiritual life is deference!
Where God left you there?

Location hidden

#503535 Jan 1, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Robert F, I read your post that stated you did not make it a point to believe in the concepts of heaven and hell.I understand that totally,as even though I have been a practicing Christian most of my years,I find it very difficult to deal with a place that is the most horrible ever,HELL of course.
I would naturally agree that we as believers should not spend tooo much time fretting over heaven or hell for that matter.But presently to work toward serving the LORD.But the truth of the matter is Robert,where do we go rejecting the LORD as our Creator,once we die?Well the Bible does refer to d e a t h and non-existance to those who are evil.It is obvious that if we do not accept the GIFT of life that is Eternal from Christ,than the alternative is death,there is also mentioned the SECOND death as well.That would indicate a time that we are aware of our surroundings after our body is dead from this planet. What would be the purpose of the Judgment Day,if in fact the wicked and those who reject God die and that is it? Judgment is a surety for all who die mortally from this planet.SINCE we do not have a video that is sent by God to show us what He intends to do with those who reject Him,we must be concerned that it is in our best interest to embrace the Son of whom is Salvation.
The other question that rises is how often Jesus mentioned in the four gospels about a place where there would be gnashing of teeth,brimstone,fire,and alienation from God.Jesus spoke of the dying rich man as wanting just one drop of water to soothe his tongue,and that there was a gulf which was insurpassable between where the dead rich man found himself,and could not reach his brothers on earth to warn them of the horrible place he was in.That was not fictional,because JESUS used that as proof that wicked men and women will not have bliss for eternity.
If you find yourself being troubled over the issue of heaven and hell,I might share with you that I suffered terribly during my sugical visits in the hospital,as the anesthesia and the Dilauted that I used for pain,played havoc with my mind.The TV in the room when on caused me much distress,and I had to put up with it due to the other patient in the room.When I was alone I did not turn the TV on ,and still I had trouble with my mind racing and being haunted by so many thoughts and so on.I felt like I was in hell at times.But since we do not really know what hell is,it is just a figure of speech in regards to distress,and experiencing negative emotions.
Ie of the existance of such places.It is true that we all want to be in heaven(who wants to be in hell?) only a mad person with no motivation to live a good life.That motivation comes from God to begin with."Don't fret the big stuff".
edited for space

Not so...per the poop...er...humm....the pope...

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God” Pope Francis declared.

Not only that...he says Adam/Eve are a fable!!!! So, that leaves only evolution for our being today!!!!! Hence the old adage "Well!!! I'll be a monkey's uncle!!!""
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503536 Jan 1, 2014
In your spiritual life you left yourself in position what you practising in your life.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#503537 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not want to give credit to my source on frannie or on any subject that shows you the Truth...You want to do what you are now trying to do...discredit my source...
Your source writes a satire blog, it's a spoof. You fell for it. You looked for something on the Internet to mock the pope. Without checking the validity of the article you posted it without realizing it was fake. You got caught with your pants down once again and are trying to somehow recover what little face you have left here. It's pointless. I suggest you take some time away from here and ask God what you can do to be a better Christian.

Location hidden

#503538 Jan 1, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
First---Happy New Year!
I ain't really sure I want to go there either Ox, after seeing who I will be in company with(by their own profession anyway).
You have the God-given right to do want you want, or not want, to do...
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503539 Jan 1, 2014
Ko visoko leti, nisko pada.

Location hidden

#503540 Jan 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It do is not sound at all like Catholic teaching . Though I do expect Francis,to shake things up ..especially with regards,to the poor ..we shall see..But that article was phony as a,three dollar bill..IMO
.though I had been floored by some things you folks,have,posted,.
..this,sounds NOT AT ALL satirical ...as that paper says,...But something directly out of Revelation.....And the false religion of the Prophet ...nothing at all funny about it
Why do you think Ant is not wanting to know whom is the source of:

Hell is the State of Those who Reject God

At the General Audience of Wednesday, 28 July 1999, the Holy Father reflected on hell as the definitive rejection of God. In his catechesis, the Pope said that care should be taken to interpret correctly the images of hell in Sacred Scripture, and explained that "hell is the ultimate consequence of sin itself... Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy".
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503541 Jan 1, 2014
Birds fly..yee but you need know in art as geometric perspective its start going as wide way.

Jesus cry on Cross INRI looking many people going in vain on wide way.
Wide way into horible enternity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Bear Claw 58,756
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 2 hr Sandy Hook 1
paypal/cc to bitcoin carding method 2018 working 4 hr james 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Big Al 994,009
8 Seconds to Church Street 7 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Malaia Obama: another blind "gold digger" on th... 7 hr Doctor REALITY 1
14 year old boy horny need girls on Snapchat 7 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr majority 446,201
More from around the web