Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691912 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503459 Jan 1, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason for so many religions in the world; June is because freedom of speech, and the freedom to think for ones self , and free will.
But if you had it your way ... your one and only religion would rule all other humans as the one and only truth in the universe.

That is why religion can't ever unite or create any semblance of peace.

By the motivation of individual arrogant-preachers, it simply creates more and more division.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#503461 Jan 1, 2014
http://youtu.be/0kR_XG1DnDs

"Home Depot/Dealing With An Atheist

Mark Lowery so funny.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503462 Jan 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Let’s recap.
Here is but one instance of your blatant plagiarism – even after you were put on notice:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
You’ve been disabused of your ignorance on the subject and your confusion over simple concepts such as the distinction between plagiarism and infringement.
Webster’s Online Dictionary calls plagiarism “literary theft”.
You are a plagiarist who knows better, and makes you a thief.
Your silly attempts to justify your theft represent foolishness and dishonesty. The fact that you don’t have a unique avatar is meaningless, as is your claim that you don’t put your pseudonym at the bottom of your posts as well as have it appear next to them. Similarly, not expressly claiming you wrote the text is as meaningless as your argument that something copied from a URL doesn't count.
Such claims are the squirming of a child, a fool.
But I don’t anticipate you correcting your behavior.
For you it’s a matter of saving face, and you don’t seem realize you are simply shredding your credibility here, if you ever had any.
False pride will do that to you.
But that makes my job so much easier.
It will allow me to call out your dishonesty from time to time when I have nothing better to do than remind people of your foolishness and deceit.
Dream on...Lying snake...You repeating your lies over and over will never make them truth....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503463 Jan 1, 2014
I don't fear a devil in a hereafter ... but I do fear any religious cult that has too much power through government to do its own bidding.

Someday you might think back to a time when Christian prayers were allowed in public schools .... and to a present time when Muslim prayers are the only ones allowed in public schools.

And Christians THEN will comprehend why it was so important to keep prayer out of public schools.

I suggest that you need some of your own medicine coming back at you in the form of Islam to give you some insight that not everyone WANTS you to "bless them with your religion."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503464 Jan 1, 2014
LTM wrote:
http://youtu.be/0kR_XG1DnDs
"Home Depot/Dealing With An Atheist
Mark Lowery so funny.
Many Muslims believe that you are a vile infidel offender of Allah and the expected 12th Imam-savior! That's close enough to being an Atheist from their point of view.

Location hidden

#503465 Jan 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who rejects the concept of a Christian heaven probably rejects the concept of the Christian hell and therefore would not be seeking an afterlife in either.
I suppose there my be some folks contra, but certainly not in the main.
I nominate you for having said the dumbest thing on this forum: "Christian hell".

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#503466 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on...Lying snake...You repeating your lies over and over will never make them truth....
please provide a permalink to a single lie, thief.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#503467 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I nominate you for having said the dumbest thing on this forum: "Christian hell".
You're pretending, goofy.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#503468 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief, the truth is the protestants, agnostics/atheists and Catholics on the board disagree on just about everything except for the fact that you're a cheater and a thief.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503469 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you prefer to call it Islam's hell of extreme heats or extreme freezing ... or the Buddhist hells of the same type of extremes.

There are many labels you can use to explain imaginary states of utopia or to the other extreme ... torment ... in all those religions ... including Christianity.

Theologians wrote of most anything that came to mind, as that is how they earned their livelihoods.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503470 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief, the truth is the protestants, agnostics/atheists and Catholics on the board disagree on just about everything except for the fact that you're a cheater and a thief.
Is this a testimony of your love for your fellow humans???

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503471 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
YIKES!

Now I have at least a glimmer into the terror felt by the Jews, when the Catholics were allowed all the power over other religions in the Roman Empire.

John H. Yoder was a Christian, so he must have agreed with the term he phrased as the Constantinian Shift.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Constantinian shift

Constantinian shift is a term used by Anabaptist and Post-Christendom theologians to describe the political and theological aspects of Constantine's legalization of Christianity in the 4th century.[36] The term was popularized by the Mennonite theologian John H. Yoder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_ ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503472 Jan 1, 2014
People of religion often want to impose their own beliefs on others as the one and only truth, but become extremely offended when others rebel. When people do rebel, these crazed zealots scream that their religion is "under attack."

Ignorance is a fast breeder and a very slow learner.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Chronology of American Religious History: 1600 - 2004

January 18, 1844 Senator (later President) James Buchanan introduced a resolution in the United States Senate that the United States be declared a Christian Nation and acknowledge Jesus Christ as America's Savior. The resolution was rejected, but many similar resolutions would be introduced during the following years, including at least one that would have amended the Constitution.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/religio ...

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#503473 Jan 1, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The Catholic church didn't start until 313 AD, and the Church of Christ was established in the year 33 AD. The pope didn't come about 600 AD. The Catholic church came from the CoC when some of the CoC enjoyed the attention they were getting from the Roman dignitaries and decided to do what they wanted them to do and that's the beginning of the Catholic church.
Someone is a liar.

"AN UNBROKEN HISTORY

Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.

Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)

Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.

Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.

The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.

Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503474 Jan 1, 2014
If a Muslim kept on saying to a Christian, "Allah bless you," my guess is the Christian would soon be offended ... if not immediately.

Yet, I can't count the times that although Christians knew I was an Atheist, they kept on stating "God bless you" in posts to me.

It didn't turn me towards your religion any more than "Allah bless you" coming from a Muslim would turn you towards Islam.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#503475 Jan 1, 2014
StarC wrote:
Jesus b-day!
!
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus b-Catholic???
:)
Jesus b-good Catholic.

[ebonics, lol]

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#503476 Jan 1, 2014
Have a healthy, and blessed New Year!

Location hidden

#503477 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ant...Dream on... repeating your lies over and over will never make them truth....
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#503478 Jan 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you had it your way ... your one and only religion would rule all other humans as the one and only truth in the universe.
That is why religion can't ever unite or create any semblance of peace.
By the motivation of individual arrogant-preachers, it simply creates more and more division.
I don't follow a religous doctrine June, I follow Jesus and only Him.
My faith is in Jesus, it grows and matures on a daily bases.
Babies learn to crawl before they can walk, Its not enough to believe God is !! you have to believe God, when He says something.
He is God, Father ,Lord, Savior, King of Kings, Prince Of Peace, wonderful councillor, Messiah, Immanuel. The GreaT I am.
'HE ISN'T A GOD OF A RELIGION , HE IS A GOD OF LOVE PEACE JOY, AND WITHOUT FAITH YOU CAN NOT PLEASE GOD.

Location hidden

#503479 Jan 1, 2014
Ain't he great!!!!

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God” Pope Francis declared.

Good news for all!!! There is no hell....The creation of Adam/Eve never happened!!!!! He didn't say it, but that leaves only the evolution from apes for us to be here today!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Eagle 12 - 990,657
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min WiseMan3 45,809
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 40 min Classic 4,396
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 58 min Dec 2017 News 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 6,687
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr Exposing Devil Lies 368
"Come on in the house,A.C. We wanna talk to O.J." 9 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web