Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599804 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#503110 Dec 30, 2013
Common sense should have alerted you that the king of the Jews, known as Rabboni ... the most prestigious title in Judiasm ... would not willingly choose to become baptized as a Catholic. Nor would his Jewish mother, or all the other Jews that supposedly followed Jesus into Catholicism.

But Christians were and are so eager to believe they are special to the creator ... they chose not to ask any questions that would rock their self-perceived HOLY boats.

You are now getting what you always deserved, which was a wake-up call!

No other gods died to make yours the only credible one in theology.

ALL gods and goddesses were and are male-created myths.
yTube

Marietta, GA

#503111 Dec 30, 2013

Thus says the LORD :---to EVERY minister in USA

http://youtu.be/TMpUW0GFnoE

Terrace, Canada

#503112 Dec 30, 2013
Pat Robertson interviewing the Christian President Ronald Reagan.

Reagan wanted to reinstall Christian prayer in public schools, and he expressed his "belief" that America is a nation under "God."

Maybe some day prayer in schools in America will be under the image of the Muslim's God.

And won't THAT be a HOOT???

marge

Ames, IA

#503113 Dec 30, 2013
pen wrote:
MUQ,
I see you have many doubts. This is understandable being 2000 years removed. This is why we go by the witnesses who wrote the Gospels, and by fulfilled prophecies.
First this business to doubt Paul. He was accepted by all the other Apostles who were there at the time. These are the same witnesses Christians accept for the virgin birth, and which books are inspired, and which are not.
2 Peter 3:15 And account that the long-suffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given to him has written to you;
3:16 As also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.
Jesus had appeared after he raise from the dead supernaturally as only God can do. He still had wounds in his sides as doubting Thomas found out.
The books of the NT including Paul's were all completed before the close of the first century.
Who wrote the NT books and when?
http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...
http://www.datingthenewtestament.com
KJV History
http://youtu.be/V8C-Dl7VpRQ
The Forbidden Book: History of the Bible
http://youtu.be/6uFgKlnEJus
Battle of the Bibles
http://youtu.be/tNv-zzpIwBs
Amen, thanks pen.

Terrace, Canada

#503114 Dec 30, 2013
yTube wrote:
Thus says the LORD :---to EVERY minister in USA
According to you, is the LORD's name Jehovah or Elohim or Yahweh???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Isaiah 45:7 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible

I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, ADONAI, do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 LEB
Lexham English Bible

[I] form light and [I] create darkness; [I] make peace and [I] create evil; I [am] Yahweh; [I] do all these [things].

Terrace, Canada

#503115 Dec 30, 2013
There is no character by the name of Jesus in any Jewish literature.

The ex-Jew Catholics took a word from Greek literature and created the name of Jesus OUT of the Greek word.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

CatholicCulture.Org

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

Terrace, Canada

#503116 Dec 30, 2013
It's been said that religion is separate from government ... but if that is so ... why is it that every President in America has been Christian???

Something smells "fishy."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

FISH

Symbol of Christ, seen before the fifth century. The Greek word for fish is ichthus, consisting also of the initial letters of Iesous, CHristos, THeou, Uios, Soter -- Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. The fish is also emblematic of the fishermen Apostles, Andrew, Peter, and the Sons of Zebedee, whom Christ would make "fishers of men" (Mark 1:17). The archangel Raphael is often represented with a fish brought back to cure the aged Tobit of his blindness.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

Terrace, Canada

#503117 Dec 30, 2013
Christians plagiarized everything in their religion from other religions, with the twist of a word here and there to make their new religion seem credible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Origin of the Christian Fish Symbol

The fish was also established in the Middle East with the goddess of Ephesus who covered her genital region with a fish amulet. There is also a tale of the fish that swallowed the penis of Osiris.

In India, the Goddess Kali was called the fish-eyed one. The fish symbol has been identified with reincarnation and the life force. There was one group in India that believed that a fish held the soul of a deceased person. As part of fertility, the fish is eaten in order to reincarnate the soul in a newborn child.

Celts and other European pagan cultures link the fish to fertility, sexuality, and birth. The fish symbol, long before Christianity, was known as the Great Mother. Fish deities and shrines have been found all over the region.

In the ancient world, there are many other symbolisms found for the fish. In China, the symbol of the fish stands for the Great Mother Kwan-yin. In Egypt, Isis was called the Great Fish of the Abyss. In Scandinavia, Freya, the Great Goddess was honored by the eating of fish. The 6th day of the week was called Friday after her. In the Mediterranean, mysterious religions used fish, wine, and bread for their sacramental meal. In Greece, the word delphos meant womb and fish.

The early Christian church adopted this symbol.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-origin-christian -...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503118 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you allow that to sink into your brain Robert.
Catholicism, as are all religions ... is based on egoism ... period!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Athanasian Creed
44. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully he cannot be saved.
June

This is not a criticism, but a conclusion on observing your posts. You seem to be have more of an apophatic philosophy, with some nihilism to your posts.

Most of what you state is in the negative, maybe 80%. And people take this from you as you being contemptuous of them and their beliefs.

I can sympathize with an apophatic approach as I incorporate it in part of my view on things. Perhaps in a different way(I think sensed data is in part, illusory for instance.) Of course this in direct contrast to you that believes in the observational facts until they fade into mysteries.

I understand your position that all religions are based on egosism, but disagree, because it is oversimplified.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503119 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So it follows that according to the Catholic church-fathers ... had Jesus not willingly converted to Catholicism ... Jesus could not (as a regular Jew faithful to Judaism) BE SAVED!
That is the absolute ONLY reason that Catholics idolize the image of that ONE Jew.
The rest of the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism, were perceived by the Catholics as evil and vile and wicked and filled with the will of the devil.
June

You are stating something as a conclusion, but have no supportable propositions or logic connecting them.

Your speculating from your own opinion.

Terrace, Canada

#503120 Dec 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
This is not a criticism, but a conclusion on observing your posts. You seem to be have more of an apophatic philosophy, with some nihilism to your posts.
Most of what you state is in the negative, maybe 80%. And people take this from you as you being contemptuous of them and their beliefs.
I can sympathize with an apophatic approach as I incorporate it in part of my view on things. Perhaps in a different way(I think sensed data is in part, illusory for instance.) Of course this in direct contrast to you that believes in the observational facts until they fade into mysteries.
I understand your position that all religions are based on egosism, but disagree, because it is oversimplified.
You are pathetic!

Terrace, Canada

#503121 Dec 30, 2013
Within the theology, if Jesus did NOT convert to Catholicism ... Christianity does not exist as it is based on nothing.

It's as simple as THAT!

Terrace, Canada

#503122 Dec 30, 2013
Religious preachers ALL claim to have migrated to the holy side of the creator's view-finder ... leaving all the EVIL to others. And that blatant arrogance takes the cake.

I am also an ego-feeder ... but not to the extent of those in religion.

Terrace, Canada

#503123 Dec 30, 2013
I suggest that religious preachers are comparable to suckers that feed in the bottoms of lakes.

"God is speaking through ME" ... say the individual preachers ... as they keep sucking in mythical baffle-gas of ancient theologians ... and spewing the nonsense out at others as being based on truth.

What a "quaint" bottom-feeding pastime!

Terrace, Canada

#503124 Dec 30, 2013
I suggest that this idiot was the king of loud-mouthed bottom-feeders.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The popular television evangelist reverend Jerry Falwell, who supported President Bush, made the following statement (verbatim)…“But you got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I’m for the President … chase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them away, in the name of the Lord.”
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#503125 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Within the theology, if Jesus did NOT convert to Catholicism ... Christianity does not exist as it is based on nothing.
It's as simple as THAT!
So when you said poor people should go cold and hungery at Christmas time you really ment nothing by it yourself huh.

Terrace, Canada

#503126 Dec 30, 2013
I suggest that Christians never once thought of how frightened the Muslims were at being over-run by Christian proselytizers, when flocks of Christians moved in to Iraq after the American invasion???

The devout Christians probably took it as a signal that the god was one their side and that it was time again to INSTRUCT the Muslims that their religion was evil and Christianity was HOLY.

As the religious wars once again pick up speed ... history has taught those in religion NOTHING other than to keep on killing each other over who the "god" favors as being worthy of eternal bliss.

Terrace, Canada

#503127 Dec 30, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>So when you said poor people should go cold and hungery at Christmas time you really ment nothing by it yourself huh.
Stop fibbing Jumper ... or (superstition dictates that) your nose is going to grow.

Terrace, Canada

#503128 Dec 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a criticism, but a conclusion on observing your posts.
If it's not a praise ... then it follows that your "conclusion" IS a criticism.

You can't stop double-talking ... even when you try.

Terrace, Canada

#503129 Dec 30, 2013
This was the teaching of the early Catholic church fathers, that stated in no uncertain terms that Jesus brought truth to the earth through Catholicism, and that those that practiced Judaism would NOT be saved.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Ignatius Bishop of Antioch (98-117A.D.)– Epistle to the Magnesians

For if we are still practicing Judaism, we admit that we have not received God’s favor…it is wrong to talk about Jesus Christ and live like Jews. For Christianity did not believe in Judaism, but Judaism in Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"This is A.C.! I have Walter in the car!! He's ... 12 min Doctor REALITY 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Dave Nelson 864,906
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min Student 40,886
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min RADEKT 272,419
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 33 min Frannie 44
sex (May '13) 1 hr rajesh 181
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr Ritvik 457
The Christian Atheist debate 7 hr Justice League_ 2,009
White Lives MATTER 14 hr Burke Devlin 113
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 21 hr sangili karuppan 7,502
More from around the web