Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
485,461 - 485,480 of 532,626 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

nobody care what you say..

Please tell me!
Is that some where..in holy scripture..Father forgive them..they did not know what they doing?!
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

I told you on your real Creator place is so long evil.
Who can and who can't?!

curse is curse
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

marge wrote:
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Why you omitted the word 'Begotten" in the above quotation?

"Only Begotten Son" is what KJV used.

What is meaning of Begotten Son?
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Depend who wrote as well what?

What so ever ad its going be lose?
Is that wrote 'alpha and omega'?

What so ever you have on the end can be lose!

Who claim what?

Its written righteousness people don't have any rights.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Where is that lying snake????

Show me one post where I even hinted that I was the author of what I copied/pasted....

I am smarter than that...in that I know how easily that could be proven a lie.....

Either present your evidence or go hiss under your new rock...
pen

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

marge wrote:
cont.
The Resurrection Body
35 But some one will ask,“How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?” 36 You foolish man! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 And what you sow is not the body which is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. 39 For not all flesh is alike, but there is one kind for men, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. 40 There are celestial bodies and there are terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 Thus it is written,“The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 But it is not the spiritual which is first but the physical, and then the spiritual. 47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so are those who are of the dust; and as is the man of heaven, so are those who are of heaven. 49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall[b] also bear the image of the man of heaven. 50 I tell you this, brethren: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

This passage from the Bible is a much better witness..

Luke 24:34-43 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon. And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread. And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the middle of them, and said to them, Peace be to you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said to them, Why are you troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

pen wrote:
<quoted text>
This passage from the Bible is a much better witness..
Luke 24:34-43 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon. And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread. And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the middle of them, and said to them, Peace be to you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said to them, Why are you troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them.
Yes the passage is very clear, but people have drawn the "Wrong conclusions from it"!!

There was No Eyewitness amongst the Disciple of Jesus who had Witnessed either the Crucifixion of Jesus or his resurrection.

What they knew was from hear say. So when they saw "Jesus alive in their midst" they were Terrified and thought that they were seeing a Ghost.

Thereupon Jesus told them that he was no spirit or Ghost but a living person, having flesh and bones and he ate honeycomb and fish to prove that he was a living man.

That PROVES that neither Jesus died on the Cross, nor was their any Resurrection!!

The language is so simple and so straightforward, yet the Church (under the influence of Paul) is preaching things which are exactly opposite to what took place.!!

What actually happened on that faithful day? Allah knows Best!!
pen

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

MUQ,

I see you have many doubts. This is understandable being 2000 years removed. This is why we go by the witnesses who wrote the Gospels, and by fulfilled prophecies.

First this business to doubt Paul. He was accepted by all the other Apostles who were there at the time. These are the same witnesses Christians accept for the virgin birth, and which books are inspired, and which are not.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the long-suffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given to him has written to you;

3:16 As also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.

Jesus had appeared after he raise from the dead supernaturally as only God can do. He still had wounds in his sides as doubting Thomas found out.

The books of the NT including Paul's were all completed before the close of the first century.

Who wrote the NT books and when?
http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...
http://www.datingthenewtestament.com

KJV History
http://youtu.be/V8C-Dl7VpRQ

The Forbidden Book: History of the Bible
http://youtu.be/6uFgKlnEJus

Battle of the Bibles
http://youtu.be/tNv-zzpIwBs
pen

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Yes the passage is very clear, but people have drawn the "Wrong conclusions from it"!!
There was No Eyewitness amongst the Disciple of Jesus who had Witnessed either the Crucifixion of Jesus or his resurrection.
What they knew was from hear say. So when they saw "Jesus alive in their midst" they were Terrified and thought that they were seeing a Ghost.
Thereupon Jesus told them that he was no spirit or Ghost but a living person, having flesh and bones and he ate honeycomb and fish to prove that he was a living man.
That PROVES that neither Jesus died on the Cross, nor was their any Resurrection!!
The language is so simple and so straightforward, yet the Church (under the influence of Paul) is preaching things which are exactly opposite to what took place.!!

Also understand about this passage. God as Creator can raise from the dead creating anew. And that ALL God's people as written in the Bible will raise in like manner with new bodies. God is going to create a new earth for his people in the end where they will live for all eternity.(Rev 20)

1 Thes 4:16-18 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Cor 15:51 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for ever more.(Psalms 37:27)

For the LORD loves judgment, and forsakes not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.(Psalms 37:28)

The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.(Psalms 37:29)

In the way of righteousness is life: and in the pathway thereof there is no death.(Proverbs 12:28)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.(John 3:16)

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life:(Romans 2:7)

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.(Romans 6:23)

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.(1 Corinthians 15:54)

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death, and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:(2 Timothy 1:10)

truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

wicket evil system
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

polluted mind
polluted blade
polluted food
polluted medicine and vaccine..

o what a great job from working intellectual diploma..
Are you save according them?
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

I feel the Christian love here - NOT.

So much for that delusion.

I'm validated here every day.

The so-called Jesus god of peace writes a book that no one can agree on - including the same sects only a few decades apart.

There are just too many contradictions and errors in the bible.

If the delusional did not have this drilled into them as children, almost no one would be fooled by the bible nonsense.

To believe the nonsense, one must believe that their god cares little or not at all about two thirds of humanity, including most Indians and Chinese.

How small-minded a god they imagine.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ said, quote, "There was No Eyewitness amongst the Disciple of Jesus who had Witnessed either the Crucifixion of Jesus or his resurrection." End quote.

Really? You better check with allah again. LOL LOL LOL

1. John 19:25-27, "25 but standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26 When Jesus saw his mother and THE DISCIPLE WHOM HE LOVED standing nearby, he said to his mother,“Woman, behold, your son!” 27 Then he said to the disciple,“Behold, your mother!” And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home."

2. John 20:1-10, Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. 2 So she ran and WENT TO SIMON PETER AND THE OTHER DISCIPLE, THE ONE JESUS LOVED, and said to them,“They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him.” 3 So Peter went out with the other disciple, and they were going toward the tomb. 4 Both of them were running together, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. 5 And stooping to look in, he saw the linen cloths lying there, but he did not go in. 6 Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb. He saw the linen cloths lying there, 7 and the face cloth, which had been on Jesus' head, not lying with the linen cloths but folded up in a place by itself. 8 Then the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went in, and he saw and believed; 9 for as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that he must rise from the dead. 10 Then the disciples went back to their homes."

1. John was standing with Mary at the crucifixion of Jesus.

2. We know the stone from the tomb of Jesus was rolled away. Was the stone rolled away so Jesus could get out? Oh NO! The stone from tomb of Jesus was rolled away so THEY, Peter and John, could get in. They were an eye witness to an empty tomb.
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
If you are considering Roman Catholicism, consider this first.
September 9, 2010
“If anyone comes and tells me they’re the church and I know that they’re not teaching the same thing as the church of 2000 years ago then I know it’s false.”(Dr. Sungenis)
The above quote is the philosophy of Catholic apologist Dr. Robert Sungenis who made this comment during a debate with Evangelical apologist, Matt Slick this past July.
Apparently Dr. Sungenis never applied his philosophy to his own beliefs, because if he did he would find his own church to be false. This is because none of the “oral [T]raditions” of the Catholic Church that Catholics are required to believe were known in the ancient church nearly 2000 years ago. And what are Catholics required to believe? Dr. Sungenis answers that for us:
“Any oral teaching inspired by the Holy Spirit to the apostles is our Oral Tradition that we must be obedient to.”(ibid)
So for anyone that might be considering joining the Catholic faith, here is a non-comprehensive list of doctrines Catholics are required to believe that did not exist in the apostolic and Ante-Nicene church; doctrines that according to Dr. Sungenis, were received by the apostles from the Holy Spirit and passed down to the church by oral tradition.
The Immaculate Conception
The assumption of Mary
Transubstantiation
Confessing sins to priests
Holy days of obligation
And the requirement to believe that the Roman bishop is infallible in regards to his proclamations concerning faith and morals.
I would love to hear from Catholics on this, especially apologists. Is Dr. Sungenis wrong, or is the Catholic Church teaching false doctrine?
<quoted text>
The Bible IS one book. It is one book written by 40 authors by divine inspiration. It was God who inspired the writers and it was God who decided which books would make up His word to us. The Bible is one continuous love letter to us.
The Bible didn't become "one book" until all those other books were added and binded together. Still, its a collection of letters, epistles, poems, prophecies, and memoirs. Yes God inspired the writers but He didn't write it for them. Its written by fallible men who used language and culture from their own time period. Its still Gods word, but it took an earthly authority to declare that. An infallible earthly authority.
You approach the Bible like its a diety itself. That's called idolatry. And God does not like other gods put before Him.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not "demand" to be worshipped.
So according to your philosophy, if I don't worship and grovel to "god," I WON'T end up in hell???

You Christians should get together on what you believe, and then you might have at least a slight chance at being believable.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Apparently Dr. Sungenis never applied his philosophy to his own beliefs, because if he did he would find his own church to be false.
Without proof of their claims ... all places of worship are false.

You don't want to admit that, as you want to be convinced that your brain has cornered the market on supposed absolute truth.

Words written by silly ancient men, don't prove that what they wrote was based on even a semblance of truth.

Some manipulator wrote the word HOLY on the front of a book and passed the words in the book off to gullible people as being DIVINE messages from a god.

Ridiculous.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never rejected teachings of Moses....he did not die as a "Christian"....he most certainly NEVER heard the word Christian or Christianity in his entire earthly life!!
Within the theology ... I agree that had he been the real Jewish messiah, he never would have promoted any other religion as being a new form of "truth."

Now I suggest you post that message to the Christians and convince them that Jesus never converted to Catholicism ... nor (within common-sense theology) would he have followed Martin Luther or King James I into Protestantism.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

MUQ wrote:
PS:
And jesus did exist, have no doubt about it.
The Jews don't believe he was the real messiah.

I don't believe he even existed.

Are you worshipping his image as though he is a Jewish messiah, and if so ... for what reason??? Do you believe he came to save YOU???

You wouldn't happen to be one of those Gnostic-believers ... would you?

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Resurrection of Christ
I suggest you keep in mind that mortal men wrote the scriptures, and they were being paid money TO write.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Bible

There are at least thirty six different authors, who wrote in three continents, in many countries, in three languages, and from every possible human standpoint. Among these authors were kings, farmers, mechanics, scientific men, lawyers, generals, fishermen, ministers and priests, a tax-collector, a doctor, some rich, some poor, some city bred, some country born—thus touching all the experiences of men—extending over 1500 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

396 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min Naveen kumar 4,629
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min dirty white boy- 720,662
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 13 min Naveen kumar 121
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min dirty white boy- 599,062
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 28 min MUQ1 36,501
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min Buck Crick 224,106
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 39 min seriously the original 5,229
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 47 min bbbbbb 73
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 172,344
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 256,451
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 7 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••