Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,469
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503070 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Without proof of their claims ... all places of worship are false.
You don't want to admit that, as you want to be convinced that your brain has cornered the market on supposed absolute truth.
Words written by silly ancient men, don't prove that what they wrote was based on even a semblance of truth.
Some manipulator wrote the word HOLY on the front of a book and passed the words in the book off to gullible people as being DIVINE messages from a god.
Ridiculous.
June

Peace

There are elements of truth in what you write.

I agree to an extent that all places of worship are false, in that they are not TO BE worshipped, nor to a certain degree that they should be followed. But that the personal choice to worship God is something that is an individual decision, though may be collectively accomplished as necessary....

Peace

Location hidden

#503071 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the theology ... I agree that had he been the real Jewish messiah, he never would have promoted any other religion as being a new form of "truth."
Now I suggest you post that message to the Christians and convince them that Jesus never converted to Catholicism ... nor (within common-sense theology) would he have followed Martin Luther or King James I into Protestantism.
June

Within the theology, if Jesus was the real Jewish Messiah, and he was rejected by the Jewish leaders and those who followed them, then the Jewish state would have failed. It did!

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#503072 Dec 30, 2013
marge wrote:
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
The same scriptures you are using to target others as sinners, are the same scriptures that they are using AGAINST you as being a sinner.

If you don't see that ... you choose to stay blind-sighted.

Martin Luther played the game from two different angles while using the same book. The first time when he was a Catholic monk, he praised the popes as being servants of GOD. But when he started his new religion, he vilified the popes as being servants of the devil.

That is the same game you are playing ... as you use those words to point at others as evil servants of a devil, and your self as a servant of a holy GOD.

I suggest you stop being so silly!

Terrace, Canada

#503073 Dec 30, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> It's wonderful to have the level of enjoyment you have about people and the world you live in and to be so excited with life as we all should because it has so much to give, but to do this without the love for the one who gave you all of this is so tragic and horrifying to know what your fate holds for you while you enjoy all of this for a short span of time to enter a time that will never end, how truly sad a life you have. There is always hope, as long as you breathe to change your destiny by going to the nearest Church of Christ and study and be baptized, so forever will be a time of pure happiness.
If everyone was made over in your holy image ... the world would be "perfect" ... RIGHT?

Silly fool!

You are simply a mortal human ... so greedy for attention that you have convinced your self that even a god couldn't live without your presence.

Location hidden

#503074 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews don't believe he was the real messiah.
I don't believe he even existed.
Are you worshipping his image as though he is a Jewish messiah, and if so ... for what reason??? Do you believe he came to save YOU???
You wouldn't happen to be one of those Gnostic-believers ... would you?
June

The Jews can believe what they want, and you can too. What you believe may be true, or may be false, or somewhere in-between.

Most people tend to reinforce their beliefs with various self-justifying presumptions using data for those biased conclusions.

Those who queston beliefs, tend to be a bit more outside the norm of society in general.(Though at times that can become the norm.)

Terrace, Canada

#503075 Dec 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you omitted the word 'Begotten" in the above quotation?
"Only Begotten Son" is what KJV used.
What is meaning of Begotten Son?
The KJV plagiarized the new testament, just as the Catholics plagiarized the religious literature of the Jews ... and on and on and on ... back through the nasty history of religious plagiarism.

Terrace, Canada

#503076 Dec 30, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
I feel the Christian love here - NOT.
So much for that delusion.
I'm validated here every day.
The so-called Jesus god of peace writes a book that no one can agree on - including the same sects only a few decades apart.
There are just too many contradictions and errors in the bible.
If the delusional did not have this drilled into them as children, almost no one would be fooled by the bible nonsense.
To believe the nonsense, one must believe that their god cares little or not at all about two thirds of humanity, including most Indians and Chinese.
How small-minded a god they imagine.
Religion has driven many people insane. Many of them got all tangled up in the confusing words and ended up jumping off cliffs believing their selves to be evil.

I banned my self from reading that book when I realized it meant nothing but trouble. It's an ego-feeder for those with low self-esteem.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

ITS DOCTRINES ARE HOLY, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

READ IT AND BE WISE, believe it to be safe, and practise it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

etc., etc., etc.

Terrace, Canada

#503077 Dec 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible didn't become "one book" until all those other books were added and binded together. Still, its a collection of letters, epistles, poems, prophecies, and memoirs. Yes God inspired the writers but He didn't write it for them. Its written by fallible men who used language and culture from their own time period. Its still Gods word, but it took an earthly authority to declare that. An infallible earthly authority.
You approach the Bible like its a diety itself. That's called idolatry. And God does not like other gods put before Him.
The bible is an anti-Semitic book of lies. The Catholic church-fathers created a savior that they taught would love only those of the Catholic faith.

And you BOUGHT their lies ... hook, line and SINKER!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#503078 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that without religion I am whole. I don't believe that the best part of me is off somewhere in heaven or Nirvana in spirit-form of perfection ... while I am the worst part of that scenario.
That is garbage that stems from the mindsets of right-fighting theologians, as they pitted their followers against each other in one religious war after another while their real aim was to steal property and thrones from each other.
I won't allow you to take my self-worth away from me and tell me that I am evil for not belonging to your cult ... and that is what bothers YOU about me.
~~~

I won't allow you to take my self-worth away from me and tell me that I am evil for not belonging to your cult ... and that is what bothers YOU about me.

SELF WORTH.......that's a laugh.....You evidently have no self worth.

. You hold that you are on the same level with ,,,,, AN ANIMAL..

for example ..... laughing hyenas..

Your mentality is the same as the serpent/SNAKE that attempted to deceive Adam and Eve

YOU ATTEMPT TO CONTINUE THE SAME PROJECT OF DECEITFULNESS

WHICH WAS/IS THE SELF DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY..

YOU WOULD HAVE TO REACH WAY UP TO TOUCH BOTTOM IN YOUR SILLY MINDSET...

BESIDES THE ABOVE...YOU DEEM YOU SELF AS FUEL FOR THE FIRE 'S OF HELL.

Terrace, Canada

#503079 Dec 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Like June, you conclude for Christians that their God is to small to love all of humanity. And this is diametrically opposite of being a Christian. Obviously, your conclusions from what you observe are from incorrect presumptions based on your beliefs.
You are SUCH a liar.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Location hidden

#503080 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that without religion I am whole. I don't believe that the best part of me is off somewhere in heaven or Nirvana in spirit-form of perfection ... while I am the worst part of that scenario.
That is garbage that stems from the mindsets of right-fighting theologians, as they pitted their followers against each other in one religious war after another while their real aim was to steal property and thrones from each other.
June

I can agree with what you write as your beliefs, and in part share them.

I disagree with the blanket statement that "all" theologians real aim was to steal property and thrones from each other, but that some were more involved in searching for the truth. Some did well, and others not so well. But rather it was the exploitive use of the theologians by the politicians that made religious wars.

However, I would be remiss if I did not agree that some theologians can and did exploit politicians and the events of their time for the furtherance of their own selfish desires....

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater, for me is not the better decision.

Terrace, Canada

#503081 Dec 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree to an extent that all places of worship are false, in that they are not TO BE worshipped,
You continually worship your own Catholic ego, and keep on lying in the process.

Catholicism was and is anti-everything Jewish. They even created a savior that would save ONLY those of the Catholic faith. That meant to HELL with the Jews ... all except the WISE Jew that those cunning Catholic church-fathers WROTE became a Catholic by CHOICE.

LIARS!!!

Terrace, Canada

#503082 Dec 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SELF WORTH.......that's a laugh.....You evidently have no self worth.
. You hold that you are on the same level with ,,,,, AN ANIMAL..
for example ..... laughing hyenas..
Your mentality is the same as the serpent/SNAKE that attempted to deceive Adam and Eve
YOU ATTEMPT TO CONTINUE THE SAME PROJECT OF DECEITFULNESS
WHICH WAS/IS THE SELF DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY..
YOU WOULD HAVE TO REACH WAY UP TO TOUCH BOTTOM IN YOUR SILLY MINDSET...
BESIDES THE ABOVE...YOU DEEM YOU SELF AS FUEL FOR THE FIRE 'S OF HELL.
Your temper tantrums are showing.

Humans ARE animals.

I suggest that if a wolf could speak, it would believe it was MORE important than humans. And if I had been raised with wolves ... I would agree!

Location hidden

#503083 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are SUCH a liar.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
June

Is this a pseudo-Creed, whose time has come and gone?

Cherry-picking a quote from it, is just a means to an end of trying to make me a liar.

Isn't this first line in Athanasius'? Creed, meant to unify universally the faith in order to keep out known heresies of the time?

Terrace, Canada

#503084 Dec 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for being on an ego trip ... why would you WANT to believe the a creator would reward some with eternal bliss and reject other to eternal misery?

WHY???

I never understood people with your greed-filled make-up.

Terrace, Canada

#503085 Dec 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Cherry-picking a quote from it, is just a means to an end of trying to make me a liar.
Isn't this first line in Athanasius'? Creed, meant to unify universally the faith in order to keep out known heresies of the time?
You are tedious Robert.

I suggest you go back to your Catholic church ... entertain your self with your rituals as though a god CARES ... and reinforce your belief that because you are a Catholic, you are WAY above others in brilliance AND DIVINE worth.

YUCK!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503086 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If everyone was made over in your holy image ... the world would be "perfect" ... RIGHT?
Silly fool!
You are simply a mortal human ... so greedy for attention that you have convinced your self that even a god couldn't live without your presence.
I am a mortal human who through the grace of God and my obedience am now a saved mortal human who has the joy of knowing where I will be when life here is over. I enjoy life more because I see life for how it's meant to be seen. You are not your own forever, you belong to God and will have to give an account of the time that was your own, which is while you live.. You were created for a purpose, that purpose is to see if you would on your own accept God as your Lord or not, so in reality the time you have been living your way was the wrong way sadly. God exists and it's so obvious he does and no matter how hard you pretend he doesn't, it's no going to work

Location hidden

#503087 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You continually worship your own Catholic ego, and keep on lying in the process.
Catholicism was and is anti-everything Jewish. They even created a savior that would save ONLY those of the Catholic faith. That meant to HELL with the Jews ... all except the WISE Jew that those cunning Catholic church-fathers WROTE became a Catholic by CHOICE.
LIARS!!!
June

Since you think that all Christians were tricked by cunning Catholic church-fathers, creating a savior, then perhaps it backfired on them, and Christians will end up in Olam haba....(smiles)?

Terrace, Canada

#503088 Dec 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I will post the whole Athanasian for your lying self to see.

Number 44 is of the same sentiment as number 1.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;
4. Neither confounding the persons nor dividing the substance.
5. For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Spirit.
6. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit is all one, the glory equal, the majesty coeternal.
7. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit.
8. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, and the Holy Spirit uncreated.
9. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Spirit incomprehensible.
10. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit eternal.
11. And yet they are not three eternals but one eternal.
12. As also there are not three uncreated nor three incomprehensible, but one uncreated and one incomprehensible.
13. So likewise the Father is almighty, the Son almighty, and the Holy Spirit almighty.

continued

Terrace, Canada

#503089 Dec 30, 2013
14. And yet they are not three almighties, but one almighty.
15. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God;
16. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.
17. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord;
18. And yet they are not three Lords but one Lord.
19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three Lords.
21. The Father is made of none, neither created nor begotten.
22. The Son is of the Father alone; not made nor created, but begotten.
23. The Holy Spirit is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.
24. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Spirit, not three Holy Spirits.
25. And in this Trinity none is afore or after another; none is greater or less than another.
26. But the whole three persons are coeternal, and coequal.
27. So that in all things, as aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.
28. He therefore that will be saved must thus think of the Trinity.
29. Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
30. For the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and man.
31. God of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and man of substance of His mother, born in the world.
32. Perfect God and perfect man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting.
33. Equal to the Father as touching His Godhead, and inferior to the Father as touching His manhood.
34. Who, although He is God and man, yet He is not two, but one Christ.
35. One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking of that manhood into God.
36. One altogether, not by confusion of substance, but by unity of person.
37. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ;
38. Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead;
39. He ascended into heaven, He sits on the right hand of the Father, God, Almighty;
40. From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
41. At whose coming all men shall rise again with their bodies;
42. and shall give account of their own works.
43. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting and they that have done evil into everlasting fire.
44. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully he cannot be saved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dave Nelson 775,220
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 14 min Classic 1,899
Couch Potato Alert 16 min yon 3
Gettin' what they deserve 27 min The Terminator 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 31 min Wordsworth 5,107
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 43 min ItsThatGirlAgain 1,006
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min Rick in Kansas 265,137
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 54 min Lost In Transition 175,630
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Ugly Truth from d... 604,998
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 hr Native Indian 5,520
More from around the web