Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646599 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503287 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, its not necessarily two separate religions. To you it is. But you're atheist, so who really cares if one or the other is wrong in your eyes.. A faithful Jew would tell you to your face that your going to eternal hell.
So yes, in my perception, Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism by picking up the cross and getting sacrificed at calvary.
You must work overtime to be so ignorant!!!!

Judaism
1. The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.
2. Conformity to the traditional ceremonies and rites of the Jewish religion.
3. The cultural, religious, and social practices and beliefs of the Jews.
4. The Jews considered as a people or community.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503288 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder why the Catholics never use the term "Saint Jesus?"
Because "Jesus" is not a name, but a title....one which has been "morphed" into something it was never meant to represent in the original Hebrew records of birth by an extremely powerful and deceitful theocracy seeking to create a "superhero" to establish it's origin as "universally" "divine" and unquestionable...and therefore, all powerful.
Even His mother's name has been "morphed" from Mariamne to Mary in an effort to disassociate her from the powerful and wealthy "House of Herod"-for obvious reasons.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503289 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Peace
God does speak. The problem is that people don't hear so well, or not at all....
Peace
Your God makes people. Then according to you, God speaks to the people he makes.

Yet it is somehow the people's fault that they don't hear God speak?

By your "logic," when a machine breaks, it is the machine's fault, not the creator of the machine.

Next, the most absurd concept of all - "free will."

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#503290 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh June, really, what do you care about Judaism and Christianity?
I hope you and your family have a happy new year. Don't drink too much champagne.
That was yet another diversion from the topic.

You people just refuse to be honest.

Quesnel, Canada

#503291 Dec 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "Jesus" is not a name, but a title....one which has been "morphed" into something it was never meant to represent in the original Hebrew records of birth by an extremely powerful and deceitful theocracy seeking to create a "superhero" to establish it's origin as "universally" "divine" and unquestionable...and therefore, all powerful.
Even His mother's name has been "morphed" from Mariamne to Mary in an effort to disassociate her from the powerful and wealthy "House of Herod"-for obvious reasons.
All religion was based on plagiarism and that includes Gnosticism.

If people were honest they would admit that there never has been any proof that a creator was real. The only place such literature was or is found is in the make-up of religion.

Quesnel, Canada

#503292 Dec 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You must work overtime to be so ignorant!!!!
Judaism
1. The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.
And before some break-away Jews wrote the dogma of monotheism, the Jews were polytheists ... believing in many gods.

Plagiarism ... all the way down the long shape-shifting lines of religions.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503293 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
So do you think that individuals are not part of collectives, organizations, cultures, and communities? And that these are immune to the consequences of their actions as groups?
I love how you defend the immoral concept of collective guilt and punishment.

No Court of Law in the Western World holds the children guilty for the sins of a father.

But you defend it. Your religion is immoral at its core, by today's standards at least.

And no doubt you would view it as unfair if you were put in jail, because it was discovered that your father had committed a crime before you were even born.

You would rightly say that would be unjust and immoral.

Yes! Except when it comes to judging others by your religious "principles."

Sick stuff.

Quesnel, Canada

#503294 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
God does speak. The problem is that people don't hear so well, or not at all....
If you hear a god "speaking" to you, I suggest you need therapy to rid you of your delusion!

Quesnel, Canada

#503295 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think I was dumb, obstinate and confused, when I pursued atheism?
YES!

Had you stayed clear of all religion, I would say that you were at least balanced and not willing to play favorites, as was the case when you slid back into Catholicism.

Who knows where you wander off to in the next of your confusion?
OldJG

Barrington, IL

#503296 Dec 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Oldcly, Sola Scripture makes more sense than ever before. Thank you.
FYI.. http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/sola-scrip ...
<quoted text>
Who is this "we" you are referring to? The Roman Catholic church? You and they are so full of it. You and they are a part of satan's deception. FYI here are the first TWO paragraphs from the website I referenced in my quote listed above: http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/sola-scrip ...
The sixteenth century Reformation was responsible for restoring to the Church the principle of Sola Scriptura, a principle that had been operative within the Church from the very beginning of the post apostolic age.
Initially the apostles taught orally, but with the close of the apostolic age, all special revelation that God wanted preserved for man was codified in the written Scriptures. Sola Scriptura is the teaching, founded on the Scriptures themselves, that there is only one special revelation from God that man possesses today, the written Scriptures or the Bible.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
He, like you, are bible idolaters.
He says: "the 16th century reformation was responsible for restoring to the Church the principle of sola scripture, a principle that had been operative within the Church from the very beginning of the post Apostolic age"
What?? First of all, that's ridiculous. There is absolutely no evidence that sola scripture existed prior to the 16th century. Then he says the reformation restored the principle of sola scripture? What principle? Y'all made that idea up.
YoungJG, you and him have nothin in common with the 16th century sola scripturist anyway, nor the 17th & 19th century sola scripturist.
Given the fact of how the bible developed; historical fact, scientific fact, archeological fact; it should be blatantly obvious there needs to be more than just scripture. It took an authority outside of scripture to declare,'these writings are inspired'.
And for the life of me, I can't understand why you all continuously misrepresent the Catholic faith. Why do you do that. Why do you need to do that?
Look in the mirror and ask yourself why the pastors you follow have to misrepresent us.
OldSlyCly, said, quote, "Given the fact of how the bible developed; historical fact, scientific fact, archeological fact; it should be blatantly obvious there needs to be more than just scripture." End quote.

Historic.....scientific......a rchaeological facts??? Where is the word inspiration. The Bible is God's divine revelation to man by INSPIRATION of the Holy Spirit. The men that wrote the Bible were willing vessels. Just as Mary was a willing vessel and nothing more than a vessel. We praise her for being willing but God did the miracles, not Mary. Her righteousness is nothing more than "filthy rags". Comprende'

Misrepresent? Look in the mirror? No, you need to take a deep and long look into the mirror. You are Roman not "catholic". When you place the word Roman in front of the word "catholic" you corrupt it and it becomes Roman "Catholic" which is nothing more than saying Roman Empire.

Quesnel, Canada

#503297 Dec 31, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you defend the immoral concept of collective guilt and punishment.
No Court of Law in the Western World holds the children guilty for the sins of a father.
But you defend it. Your religion is immoral at its core, by today's standards at least.
And no doubt you would view it as unfair if you were put in jail, because it was discovered that your father had committed a crime before you were even born.
You would rightly say that would be unjust and immoral.
Yes! Except when it comes to judging others by your religious "principles."
Sick stuff.
Robert views his self as a very moral example of humanity!

Yet when I point out that the Catholic church-fathers used Jesus as a RUSE to in turn murder the Jews ... no comment from Robert ... who once admitted that the "golden-mouthed" John Chrysostom is one of his favorite "Catholic" authors.

Sick stuff is an under-estimation of the word "sick."

Quesnel, Canada

#503298 Dec 31, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The title for Jesus is Christ, not saint.
That is the technical term ... but is Jesus (form your perspective) a Catholic Saint ... or a is he still somewhere floating around in spirit (in your imagination) preaching Judaism???

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503299 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion was based on plagiarism and that includes Gnosticism.
If people were honest they would admit that there never has been any proof that a creator was real. The only place such literature was or is found is in the make-up of religion.
Any religion or belief that evolves from an earlier corrupt belief has to, in itself, be corrupt in it's evolved state...no matter the sect or as a whole. Not to say any or all have no value in lessons, because all circumstance regarding life does. It is up to the individual to evaluate the information and make reliable(viable) conclusion.

Quesnel, Canada

#503300 Dec 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic church? You and they are so full of it.
Are you so numbed-down in your brain that you believe a Jew is waiting in Protestant heaven to welcome you with open arms???

Dead or alive ... Rabbis don't believe in the existence of Christian heaven.

Quesnel, Canada

#503301 Dec 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Any religion or belief that evolves from an earlier corrupt belief has to, in itself, be corrupt in it's evolved state...no matter the sect or as a whole. Not to say any or all have no value in lessons, because all circumstance regarding life does. It is up to the individual to evaluate the information and make reliable(viable) conclusion.
Your many hints in the past of how others will one day know the answers that you know, bespeaks of your high opinion of your self-perceived wisdom.

I never believed you.

Quesnel, Canada

#503302 Dec 31, 2013
Had Jesus even lived, I suggest that having been a learned Rabbi, he would hold fast to that position and always be a Rabbi.

It would make no sense whatsoever for him to be playing with Catholics in the river Jordon and saying to John the Catholic "saint" ... "I want you to baptize me as a Catholic!"

Silly stuff indeed!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503303 Dec 31, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your God makes people. Then according to you, God speaks to the people he makes.
Yet it is somehow the people's fault that they don't hear God speak?
By your "logic," when a machine breaks, it is the machine's fault, not the creator of the machine.
Next, the most absurd concept of all - "free will."
Gods R Delusions

Well..., if the machine is broken, then get somebody who is capable of fixing it, t go ahead and fix it.

The Creator is the only one that can fix the problem with sin in humanity, but people still don't want to, or refuse to listen(or just the parts they like)....

(Fooled you. I didn't take the easy "free will" root.)smiles

Quesnel, Canada

#503304 Dec 31, 2013
Catholics preached that for having a despicable religion, God would reject the Jews ... while for imprisoning, torturing, and killing the Jews, the same god would welcome the Catholics with open arms, and reward them with eternal bliss.

The monotheistic god created by the Jews, Elohim, must have (somewhere along the path of theology) suffered brain-damage.

Quesnel, Canada

#503305 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Well..., if the machine is broken, then get somebody who is capable of fixing it, t go ahead and fix it.
The Creator is the only one that can fix the problem with sin in humanity, but people still don't want to, or refuse to listen(or just the parts they like)....
(Fooled you. I didn't take the easy "free will" root.)smiles
Your laughter stems from your inability to be truthful with your self. And that is NOT a laughing matter!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#503306 Dec 31, 2013
All theologians created gods that would love only them and punish others.

What use what a god BE if it didn't side with its creator???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Lbj 105,607
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Clearwater 48,643
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Anna 971,665
HBB Academy another Rod Stinson Scam (Mar '12) 56 min Lola 17
George Soros Is a Brilliant Investor 1 hr Truthiness 6
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,753
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,051
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr Steve III 44,682
More from around the web