Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646720 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#503266 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly.
If Catholicism had not separated from Judaism ... you'd still be a Jew practicing Judaism.
I do practice Judaism. I partake in the sacrificial Lamb called "the Eucharist".

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#503267 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So yes, in my perception, Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism
Then YOU should be practicing Judaism ... no ifs, ands ... or buts.

"I'll dabble in this new religion, and God is SURE to love me!"

YUCK!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#503268 Dec 31, 2013
We have a choice. We either accept that all religion is based on lies ... or we believe that the religion to which we personally belong is the only one that preaches truth.

I finally accepted that all the theology I was taught as a child was based on lies, and that is when I cut all the ties that previously bound me to some of the mind-SETS of theologians.

I now believe I am whole and relatively decent ... just as I am.

Quesnel, Canada

#503269 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do practice Judaism. I partake in the sacrificial Lamb called "the Eucharist".
Surely you jest!

Observe, as the Catholics took the image of Rabbi out of Jesus.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

To the Christian disciples of the first century the conception of Jesus as Rabbi was self-evident, to the Christian disciples of the second century it was embarrassing, to the Christian disciples of the third century and beyond it was obscure.

The beginnings of this de-Judaization of Christianity are visible already within the New Testament.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...

Quesnel, Canada

#503270 Dec 31, 2013
The Christians do not refer to Jesus as Rabbi.

"Heaven forbid!!!"

Tongue in cheek

Quesnel, Canada

#503271 Dec 31, 2013
Dear John preached that Jesus considered the Jews as enemies that "according to Jesus" needed to be slayed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Although such beasts are unfit for work, they are fit for killing. And this is what happened to the Jews: while they were making themselves unfit for work, they grew fit for slaughter. This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".

John Chrysostom

Quesnel, Canada

#503272 Dec 31, 2013
And the Catholics referred to their new anti-Semitic testament as the HOLY BIBLE!

"Kill the Jews and become faithful Catholics. Then the God that used to favor the Jews as his chosen few, but now loves ONLY Catholics, will LOVE YOU."

What a lot of nonsense. And what a lot of bloodshed followed the nonsensical teachings that were preached as being based on truth.

Quesnel, Canada

#503273 Dec 31, 2013
I wonder why the Catholics never use the term "Saint Jesus?"

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503274 Dec 31, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been proven a thief, and a week of your dancing and nonsense doesn't change.
Thief.
Dream on...Lying snake...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#503276 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you jest!
Observe, as the Catholics took the image of Rabbi out of Jesus.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
To the Christian disciples of the first century the conception of Jesus as Rabbi was self-evident, to the Christian disciples of the second century it was embarrassing, to the Christian disciples of the third century and beyond it was obscure.
The beginnings of this de-Judaization of Christianity are visible already within the New Testament.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
Oh June, really, what do you care about Judaism and Christianity?
I hope you and your family have a happy new year. Don't drink too much champagne.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#503277 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder why the Catholics never use the term "Saint Jesus?"
The title for Jesus is Christ, not saint.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503278 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, its not necessarily two separate religions. To you it is. But you're atheist, so who really cares if one or the other is wrong in your eyes.. A faithful Jew would tell you to your face that your going to eternal hell.
So yes, in my perception, Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism by picking up the cross and getting sacrificed at calvary.
You know nothing about Jews and Hell.

Sadly, you don't even care. You really should learn more about Judaism, but it might test your faith. So you slander Jews willingly.

No problem. Those dang Jews killed Christ anyhow, and in your immoral world, collective guilt and collective punishment make sense.

Not to moral people, but to you and your sick god, it does. Sick.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503279 Dec 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on...Lying snake...
PROOF THAT GOD IS IMAGINARY (#62)

In Christian mythology, God is supposed to the the all-powerful, all-knowing creator of the universe. God is supposed to have incarnated himself as Jesus and he is supposed to have guided the writing of the Bible.

And yet today God is completely and absolutely silent. Therefore, the only thing we hear from God comes from people who are speaking on his behalf.

If you would like to understand how imaginary God is, all that you have to do is listen to God's spokespeople, because in many cases these people are lunatics.

This Board is a perfect example!!!

If there actually were a God, and if he actually had anything to do with love, he would silence these people because they are an absolute embarrassment.
michael

Canada

#503280 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says, l do practice Judaism.
Michael says:
Judaism does not believe in sons of god. You are either all in or all out.
Make up your mind
Michael

Canada

#503281 Dec 31, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
In Christian mythology, God is supposed to the the all-powerful, all-knowing creator of the universe. God is supposed to have incarnated himself as Jesus and he is supposed to have guided the writing of the Bible.
And yet today God is completely and absolutely silent. Therefore, the only thing we hear from God comes from people who are speaking on his behalf.
If you would like to understand how imaginary God is, all that you have to do is listen to God's spokespeople, because in many cases these people are lunatics.
If there actually were a God, and if he actually had anything to do with love, he would silence these people because they are an absolute embarrassment.
When one is indoctrinated from infancy into the family religion, or your life is crashing down and you find Jesus at the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniels then you know why so many are or become religious.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503282 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either very dumb or very obstinate ... or maybe both.
You were once a Protestant, then a Catholic, then you dabbled in Buddhist ... then you were an Atheist and once again you are a Catholic.
That bespeaks of a man who is totally confused concerning what to believe.
I was in religion and then became an Atheist because all religion made no sense whatsoever to me.
June

Always one for the compliments, June....(not)

But being confused is not the same as not understanding. I can accept both that I am confused and not understand. At least I can begin and move in a direction....

Do you think I was dumb, obstinate and confused, when I pursued atheism?

Location hidden

#503283 Dec 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Bring fans ans iced tea!!!!

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Location hidden

#503284 Dec 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions

Peace

God does speak. The problem is that people don't hear so well, or not at all....

Peace

Location hidden

#503285 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
He, like you, are bible idolaters.
He says: "the 16th century reformation was responsible for restoring to the Church the principle of sola scripture, a principle that had been operative within the Church from the very beginning of the post Apostolic age"
What?? First of all, that's ridiculous. There is absolutely no evidence that sola scripture existed prior to the 16th century. Then he says the reformation restored the principle of sola scripture? What principle? Y'all made that idea up.
YoungJG, you and him have nothin in common with the 16th century sola scripturist anyway, nor the 17th & 19th century sola scripturist.
Given the fact of how the bible developed; historical fact, scientific fact, archeological fact; it should be blatantly obvious there needs to be more than just scripture. It took an authority outside of scripture to declare,'these writings are inspired'.
And for the life of me, I can't understand why you all continuously misrepresent the Catholic faith. Why do you do that. Why do you need to do that?
Look in the mirror and ask yourself why the pastors you follow have to misrepresent us.
Its a shame you are a non believer in he Word of God: quote "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

If there is some thing else needed, why did He not tell you what that something is????

Location hidden

#503286 Dec 31, 2013
<quoted text>
You know nothing about Jews and Hell.
Sadly, you don't even care. You really should learn more about Judaism, but it might test your faith. So you slander Jews willingly.
No problem. Those dang Jews killed Christ anyhow, and in your immoral world, collective guilt and collective punishment make sense.
Not to moral people, but to you and your sick god, it does. Sick.
Gods R Delusions

So do you think that individuals are not part of collectives, organizations, cultures, and communities? And that these are immune to the consequences of their actions as groups?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 11 min xdressgay 4
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 15 min Ricky F 53,824
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min Buck Crick 49,026
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Not Him 971,741
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 105,636
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr KellyP in Jersey 2,085
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,726
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) Jun 26 Tboyslick125 151
More from around the web