Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
485,381 - 485,400 of 539,058 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#502961 Dec 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is your food?? Where does Jesus say to 'take this Bible and eat it, for this is my body"?
Why don't you stop and consider where the Bible came from. Its not one book, its a collection of books. It didn't come with a list, a group had to sit down and decide which books to include; it didn't come with chapters and verses, somebody broke it down with emphasis on certain passages they deemed important. It didn't come in a complete, printed and highlighted book. Somebody had to copy it while an earthly authority made sure it was done properly.
The Bible wasn't simply created. It was DEVELOPED within the Holy Catholic Church- the only Church started by Jesus Christ. Biblical facts destroy Protestant non catholic fundamentals. I see you fighting feverishly trying to sustain a lie called 'bible only Christianity'. That title itself doesn't even make sense. Itching ears Preston. Many people in the last 200 yrs had itching ears.
Catlic Bible History Truth

Why do non-Catholic authorities reject the Apocrypha as being a part of the sixty six books of the canon?

There are mainly five reasons:

1. They abound in historical and geographical inaccuracies and anachronisms.

2. They teach doctrines which are false and foster practices which are at variance with inspired Scripture.

3. They resort to literary types and display an artificiality of subject matter and styling out of keeping with inspired Scripture.

4. They lack the distinctive elements which give genuine Scripture their divine character, such as prophetic power and poetic and religious feeling.

5. They show contradictions in the Bible.

mo coming,,,
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502962 Dec 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Never happened.....Scripture says you are lying....He never started "a Church"....
Yes Ox, we know how you stand. Jesus started a Book so you could determine 2,000 yrs later that He wasn't God.

The Bible isn't one Book, its a collection of Books. If Jesus Christ started installed the Bible for Christians, then give me a verse where He reveals the list. Oops. What will you do with this dilemma. I know, how about you completely ignore it and pretend the Bible is still yours to decipher. That way your hands are washed as you stand before God.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#502963 Dec 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Its completely normal that some Jews would reject Jesus. That doesn't sway the validity of who He was.
The fact is: thousands and thousands of Jews DID agree that Jesus was the messiah and came to fulfill Judaism. I'm not sure why you - an atheist- focus on Judaism so much. In the first century, there was no distinction like that. Really, Christianity by its very meaning, could only be the fulfilment of Judaism. You can believe it or not. You obviously do not. That's fine. But you have no business chiming in on the matter, you're an atheist.
Yep!!! You got it!!!! There is no cure for stupidity!!!!

Judaism
1.(Non-Christian Religions / Judaism) the religion of the Jews, based on the Old Testament and the Talmud and having as its central point a belief in the one God as transcendent creator of all things and the source of all righteousness
2.(Non-Christian Religions / Judaism) the religious and cultural traditions, customs, attitudes, and way of life of the Jews

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#502964 Dec 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't because I never did...
You need help in the art of saving-face!!!!
You don't understand English???!!! Quote: Why would they....am not currently discussing Christianity!!!!!
Snake...liar.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be hissing???
Snake....liar...
More lies from the thief?

Seems when you aren't stealing, you're lying, son.

No wonder no one takes anything you post seriously.

That's no way to go through life.

But it is a hoot.

So, let's deal with your most recent lies.

Do you need to deny that you are stealing someone's words to be considered a literary thief?

Not according to Webster's:

pla·gia·rized
pla·gia·riz·ing
Full Definition of PLAGIARIZE
transitive verb
: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
intransitive verb
: to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source 1

You'll notice, the requirement merely is "without credit".

Does it matter that the words you stole came from a URL?

Not according to Strayrer University. In fact, they claim "copying of material from online sources is the number one type of plagiarism that instructors encounter".2

You are a liar and a thief. And you know it.

And that's what makes this so fun.

1. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...
2. https://icampus.strayer.edu/lrc/plagiarism/in...
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502965 Dec 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do non-Catholic authorities reject the Apocrypha as being a part of the sixty six books of the canon?
There are mainly five reasons:
1. They abound in historical and geographical inaccuracies and anachronisms.
2. They teach doctrines which are false and foster practices which are at variance with inspired Scripture.
3. They resort to literary types and display an artificiality of subject matter and styling out of keeping with inspired Scripture.
4. They lack the distinctive elements which give genuine Scripture their divine character, such as prophetic power and poetic and religious feeling.
5. They show contradictions in the Bible.
mo coming,,,
Non-catholic authorities eh? Wow, that's kinda broad. Who are they? Do you have a list of these authority figures and who appointed them? What's their trace back to the Apostles. Show me how these authority figures have proof that their Christianity was preached by anyone prior to 1800.
Scram Ox, your ideology bores me.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#502966 Dec 29, 2013
If you are considering Roman Catholicism, consider this first.

September 9, 2010
“If anyone comes and tells me they’re the church and I know that they’re not teaching the same thing as the church of 2000 years ago then I know it’s false.”(Dr. Sungenis)

The above quote is the philosophy of Catholic apologist Dr. Robert Sungenis who made this comment during a debate with Evangelical apologist, Matt Slick this past July.

Apparently Dr. Sungenis never applied his philosophy to his own beliefs, because if he did he would find his own church to be false. This is because none of the “oral [T]raditions” of the Catholic Church that Catholics are required to believe were known in the ancient church nearly 2000 years ago. And what are Catholics required to believe? Dr. Sungenis answers that for us:

“Any oral teaching inspired by the Holy Spirit to the apostles is our Oral Tradition that we must be obedient to.”(ibid)

So for anyone that might be considering joining the Catholic faith, here is a non-comprehensive list of doctrines Catholics are required to believe that did not exist in the apostolic and Ante-Nicene church; doctrines that according to Dr. Sungenis, were received by the apostles from the Holy Spirit and passed down to the church by oral tradition.

The Immaculate Conception
The assumption of Mary
Transubstantiation
Confessing sins to priests
Holy days of obligation
And the requirement to believe that the Roman bishop is infallible in regards to his proclamations concerning faith and morals.

I would love to hear from Catholics on this, especially apologists. Is Dr. Sungenis wrong, or is the Catholic Church teaching false doctrine?

Columbus, OH

#502967 Dec 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Judaism
1.(Non-Christian Religions / Judaism) the religion of the Jews, based on the Old Testament and the Talmud and having as its central point a belief in the one God as transcendent creator of all things and the source of all righteousness
2.(Non-Christian Religions / Judaism) the religious and cultural traditions, customs, attitudes, and way of life of the Jews
Cite your sources, thief:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Judaism

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#502968 Dec 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but when you and Preston insert your own interpretations, its no longer the word of God.
And you'd be a hypocrite, because you do not live by every word that "proceeds from the mouth of God". You only acknowledge what a few of the Apostles wrote down anyway and you completely ignore what the others verbally taught. To me, this makes you idolaters of the Bible.
Next time use your head before you recklessly shove a bible verse in my face.
sorry, BUT I never interpretated any verses in the Bible when I said it was my food(EVEN THO, MARGE PROVIDED THE PROOF FOR MY WORDS). If you in your ignorance of God and His purpose in our lives, cant and don't understand, THAT IS NOT MY FAULT.

Your church HAD NOTHING to do with giving me anything and that includes His Word. and IF they did give it, you have learned nothing.

I have yet to see one person on this forum that knows less than YOU do.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502969 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you suppose the Jews that were faithful to Judaism felt, when the church-fathers used words in their new testament to insist that Jesus had turned his back on Judaism to become a Catholic???
Can you relate to their feelings ... or will you even allow your mind to go there???
An atheist man on a plane ride strikes up a conversation with the little girl next to him. "would you like to chat.. The ride goes faster when you talk with the person next to you." Sure said the girl, what would you like to talk about? "How about the fact that there is no God and He didn't create Heaven and Earth?", said the atheist so smugly... Tell me sir, how come deer, cows and horses all eat the same food, but crap different. The deer poos pebbles. The cows' look like pies and the horses are globs? The atheist looked a bit confused and admitted that he had no clue why that is. The girl responded: "How do you expect to tell me why there is no God when you don't know crap?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#502971 Dec 29, 2013
Shouldn't yall be watching football or somethin'?!?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502972 Dec 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, BUT I never interpretated any verses in the Bible when I said it was my food(EVEN THO, MARGE PROVIDED THE PROOF FOR MY WORDS). If you in your ignorance of God and His purpose in our lives, cant and don't understand, THAT IS NOT MY FAULT.
Your church HAD NOTHING to do with giving me anything and that includes His Word. and IF they did give it, you have learned nothing.
I have yet to see one person on this forum that knows less than YOU do.
The Bible just appeared. It didn't develope. It just appeared out of nowhere.. You're an Apostle appointed by God who has the responsibility of interpreting it for us.

And I'm a ninja who fights crime on the weekends...

Columbus, OH

#502973 Dec 29, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
Shouldn't yall be watching football or somethin'?!?
I'm multitasking.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502974 Dec 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
If you are considering Roman Catholicism, consider this first.
September 9, 2010
“If anyone comes and tells me they’re the church and I know that they’re not teaching the same thing as the church of 2000 years ago then I know it’s false.”(Dr. Sungenis)
The above quote is the philosophy of Catholic apologist Dr. Robert Sungenis who made this comment during a debate with Evangelical apologist, Matt Slick this past July.
Apparently Dr. Sungenis never applied his philosophy to his own beliefs, because if he did he would find his own church to be false. This is because none of the “oral [T]raditions” of the Catholic Church that Catholics are required to believe were known in the ancient church nearly 2000 years ago. And what are Catholics required to believe? Dr. Sungenis answers that for us:
“Any oral teaching inspired by the Holy Spirit to the apostles is our Oral Tradition that we must be obedient to.”(ibid)
So for anyone that might be considering joining the Catholic faith, here is a non-comprehensive list of doctrines Catholics are required to believe that did not exist in the apostolic and Ante-Nicene church; doctrines that according to Dr. Sungenis, were received by the apostles from the Holy Spirit and passed down to the church by oral tradition.
The Immaculate Conception
The assumption of Mary
Transubstantiation
Confessing sins to priests
Holy days of obligation
And the requirement to believe that the Roman bishop is infallible in regards to his proclamations concerning faith and morals.
I would love to hear from Catholics on this, especially apologists. Is Dr. Sungenis wrong, or is the Catholic Church teaching false doctrine?
Its simple. Some of those things weren't an issue 2,000 yrs ago. The Church didn't go against the Apostolic fathers' teachings on the Immaculate Conception because they didn't teach on it. Duh. The same infallible authority that determined the Christian Bible, also determined that Mary was immaculatly conceived. You accept the first infallible declaration but reject the second. Why? A

Do you comprehend that the Bible is not one book, its a collection of books? It wasn't created, it developed within the authority of the already established Church. you approach the sacred scriptures completely wrong. Recklessly wrong.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#502975 Dec 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Testament to the Church fathers wasn't a Book. It was a Sacrament.
Oh ... pardon me. It's defined as 66 books ... not one book.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Bi·ble

/&#712;b&#299;b&#6 01;l/

noun

singular proper noun: Bible; noun: the Bible

the Christian scriptures, consisting of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments.

https://www.google.ca/#q=bible+definition

Prince George, Canada

#502976 Dec 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Its completely normal that some Jews would reject Jesus. That doesn't sway the validity of who He was.
Yeah ... referring to a Rabbi as a Catholic underling of the Catholic John the Baptist ... would make the Jews perturbed, to say the least.

It would be comparable to referring to your pope as being Pat Robertson ... the Protestant plagiarist !

Prince George, Canada

#502977 Dec 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an oxymoronic statement.

Prince George, Canada

#502978 Dec 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus started a Book
Naughty fibber!!!

There is no handwriting by that Jew anywhere on earth, or on the moon.

And Had he started a book, to be in his "STABLE" frame of mind ... it would have been about Judaism ... not Catholicism.
chess

Columbus, OH

#502979 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an oxymoronic statement.
Wouldn't that actually be an OxBloronic statement?

Prince George, Canada

#502980 Dec 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!

Altogether now ... let's peak in our own mirrors ... one ... two ... three ...{{{{{CRACK }}}}{{{{SNAP}}}}

Prince George, Canada

#502981 Dec 29, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
More lies from the thief?
There's no need to start being honest.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 733,139
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min Israelis r Marxis... 117,988
Last Word + 2 14 min Tender Mercies 523
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 14 min RiccardoFire 36,754
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Charlie Sheen 258,037
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 36 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,426
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min CunningLinguist 226,367
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min RiccardoFire 94,680
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••