Catlic Bible History Truth<quoted text>
The Bible is your food?? Where does Jesus say to 'take this Bible and eat it, for this is my body"?
Why don't you stop and consider where the Bible came from. Its not one book, its a collection of books. It didn't come with a list, a group had to sit down and decide which books to include; it didn't come with chapters and verses, somebody broke it down with emphasis on certain passages they deemed important. It didn't come in a complete, printed and highlighted book. Somebody had to copy it while an earthly authority made sure it was done properly.
The Bible wasn't simply created. It was DEVELOPED within the Holy Catholic Church- the only Church started by Jesus Christ. Biblical facts destroy Protestant non catholic fundamentals. I see you fighting feverishly trying to sustain a lie called 'bible only Christianity'. That title itself doesn't even make sense. Itching ears Preston. Many people in the last 200 yrs had itching ears.
Why do non-Catholic authorities reject the Apocrypha as being a part of the sixty six books of the canon?
There are mainly five reasons:
1. They abound in historical and geographical inaccuracies and anachronisms.
2. They teach doctrines which are false and foster practices which are at variance with inspired Scripture.
3. They resort to literary types and display an artificiality of subject matter and styling out of keeping with inspired Scripture.
4. They lack the distinctive elements which give genuine Scripture their divine character, such as prophetic power and poetic and religious feeling.
5. They show contradictions in the Bible.