Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687346 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#503258 Dec 31, 2013
Wacky theology

God wants us home in his realm of perfect creation. That is why he allows hell and evil and the devil to exist.
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#503259 Dec 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Oldcly, Sola Scripture makes more sense than ever before. Thank you.
FYI.. http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/sola-scrip ...
<quoted text>
Who is this "we" you are referring to? The Roman Catholic church? You and they are so full of it. You and they are a part of satan's deception. FYI here are the first TWO paragraphs from the website I referenced in my quote listed above: http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/sola-scrip...
The sixteenth century Reformation was responsible for restoring to the Church the principle of Sola Scriptura, a principle that had been operative within the Church from the very beginning of the post apostolic age.
Initially the apostles taught orally, but with the close of the apostolic age, all special revelation that God wanted preserved for man was codified in the written Scriptures. Sola Scriptura is the teaching, founded on the Scriptures themselves, that there is only one special revelation from God that man possesses today, the written Scriptures or the Bible.
He, like you, are bible idolaters.

He says: "the 16th century reformation was responsible for restoring to the Church the principle of sola scripture, a principle that had been operative within the Church from the very beginning of the post Apostolic age"

What?? First of all, that's ridiculous. There is absolutely no evidence that sola scripture existed prior to the 16th century. Then he says the reformation restored the principle of sola scripture? What principle? Y'all made that idea up.
YoungJG, you and him have nothin in common with the 16th century sola scripturist anyway, nor the 17th & 19th century sola scripturist.

Given the fact of how the bible developed; historical fact, scientific fact, archeological fact; it should be blatantly obvious there needs to be more than just scripture. It took an authority outside of scripture to declare,'these writings are inspired'.

And for the life of me, I can't understand why you all continuously misrepresent the Catholic faith. Why do you do that. Why do you need to do that?
Look in the mirror and ask yourself why the pastors you follow have to misrepresent us.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503260 Dec 31, 2013
From the book … The Invasion Within … The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.

Like their Jesuit rivals, the best English missionaries quickly caught on to the need to employ homely metaphors to adapt the novel Christian tale to native experience. The classic argument for God’s existence from design took the form of “a great Wigwam,” built not by “Racoones or Foxes” but by a “wise workman.” A native basket woven of black and white reeds was made to assure the Indians that God heard their prayers as clearly as Englishmen’s. Satan was already known to the auditors as Chepi, the matchemanitou who tormented them with misfortune by day and frightening appearances at night.
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#503261 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's debate theology.
From your perception ... did Jesus stay faithful to Judaism ... or did he choose to deny the religion to in turn become a Catholic???
To us, its not necessarily two separate religions. To you it is. But you're atheist, so who really cares if one or the other is wrong in your eyes.. A faithful Jew would tell you to your face that your going to eternal hell.

So yes, in my perception, Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism by picking up the cross and getting sacrificed at calvary.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503262 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dishonest Robert. You know full well that the Catholics believe that Jesus was baptized by John in the river Jordon into Catholicism. If that were not so ... all Catholics would have stayed faithful to Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
The Baptism of the Lord
In submitting Himself humbly to the baptism of St. John the Baptist, however, Christ provided the example for the rest of us. If even He should be baptized, though He had no need of it, how much more should the rest of us be thankful for this sacrament, which frees us from the darkness of sin and incorporates us into the Church, the life of Christ on earth! His Baptism, therefore, was necessary--not for Him, but for us.
http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandho ...
June

I am really sorry. I don't understand.

Yes. Jesus was baptized in the Jordan by John the Baptist(the greatest of all prophets, because he saw the whole of prophecy fulfilled in Jesus)

But no..., Catholics do not believe Jesus was baptized into being a Catholic by John the Baptist. You will be very hard pressed to find even one extreme-extremist Catholic who would believe or write down something like that.

However, Jesus(as you write, and I agree) is an EXAMPLE) of going down in death, and rising again, for Christians in his baptism by John, to fulfill the Will of God, and to begin His ministry....
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503263 Dec 31, 2013
Belief in Osiris, Isis, and Horus later spread to the Roman Empire, until believers began to be persecuted under Christianity.

Five centuries before the supposed birth of Jesus, the Greek historian Herodotus traveled to Egypt. There he witnessed an enormous festival, held every year, in which the Egyptians performed a drama before tens of thousands of people, representing the death and resurrection of Osiris. This story is so ancient that it can be traced back to pyramid texts written over 4,500 years ago.

As far as we can tell, Osiris is the original story of a dying and resurrecting god. The story spread to Ancient Greece in the story of the god Dionysus, then to Ancient Rome in the story of the god Mithras, and then to Christianity in the story of the god Jesus. Along the way it appeared in several cultures under various names.

http://daughtersofearthwisdom.org/sabbats/yul...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503264 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, its not necessarily two separate religions. To you it is.
Silly.

If Catholicism had not separated from Judaism ... you'd still be a Jew practicing Judaism.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503265 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I am really sorry. I don't understand.
Yes. Jesus was baptized in the Jordan by John the Baptist(the greatest of all prophets, because he saw the whole of prophecy fulfilled in Jesus)
But no..., Catholics do not believe Jesus was baptized into being a Catholic by John the Baptist. You will be very hard pressed to find even one extreme-extremist Catholic who would believe or write down something like that.
However, Jesus(as you write, and I agree) is an EXAMPLE) of going down in death, and rising again, for Christians in his baptism by John, to fulfill the Will of God, and to begin His ministry....
You are either very dumb or very obstinate ... or maybe both.

You were once a Protestant, then a Catholic, then you dabbled in Buddhist ... then you were an Atheist and once again you are a Catholic.

That bespeaks of a man who is totally confused concerning what to believe.

I was in religion and then became an Atheist because all religion made no sense whatsoever to me.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#503266 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly.
If Catholicism had not separated from Judaism ... you'd still be a Jew practicing Judaism.
I do practice Judaism. I partake in the sacrificial Lamb called "the Eucharist".
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503267 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So yes, in my perception, Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism
Then YOU should be practicing Judaism ... no ifs, ands ... or buts.

"I'll dabble in this new religion, and God is SURE to love me!"

YUCK!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503268 Dec 31, 2013
We have a choice. We either accept that all religion is based on lies ... or we believe that the religion to which we personally belong is the only one that preaches truth.

I finally accepted that all the theology I was taught as a child was based on lies, and that is when I cut all the ties that previously bound me to some of the mind-SETS of theologians.

I now believe I am whole and relatively decent ... just as I am.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503269 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do practice Judaism. I partake in the sacrificial Lamb called "the Eucharist".
Surely you jest!

Observe, as the Catholics took the image of Rabbi out of Jesus.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

To the Christian disciples of the first century the conception of Jesus as Rabbi was self-evident, to the Christian disciples of the second century it was embarrassing, to the Christian disciples of the third century and beyond it was obscure.

The beginnings of this de-Judaization of Christianity are visible already within the New Testament.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503270 Dec 31, 2013
The Christians do not refer to Jesus as Rabbi.

"Heaven forbid!!!"

Tongue in cheek
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503271 Dec 31, 2013
Dear John preached that Jesus considered the Jews as enemies that "according to Jesus" needed to be slayed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Although such beasts are unfit for work, they are fit for killing. And this is what happened to the Jews: while they were making themselves unfit for work, they grew fit for slaughter. This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".

John Chrysostom
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503272 Dec 31, 2013
And the Catholics referred to their new anti-Semitic testament as the HOLY BIBLE!

"Kill the Jews and become faithful Catholics. Then the God that used to favor the Jews as his chosen few, but now loves ONLY Catholics, will LOVE YOU."

What a lot of nonsense. And what a lot of bloodshed followed the nonsensical teachings that were preached as being based on truth.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#503273 Dec 31, 2013
I wonder why the Catholics never use the term "Saint Jesus?"

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503274 Dec 31, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been proven a thief, and a week of your dancing and nonsense doesn't change.
Thief.
Dream on...Lying snake...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#503276 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you jest!
Observe, as the Catholics took the image of Rabbi out of Jesus.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
To the Christian disciples of the first century the conception of Jesus as Rabbi was self-evident, to the Christian disciples of the second century it was embarrassing, to the Christian disciples of the third century and beyond it was obscure.
The beginnings of this de-Judaization of Christianity are visible already within the New Testament.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
Oh June, really, what do you care about Judaism and Christianity?
I hope you and your family have a happy new year. Don't drink too much champagne.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#503277 Dec 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder why the Catholics never use the term "Saint Jesus?"
The title for Jesus is Christ, not saint.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503278 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, its not necessarily two separate religions. To you it is. But you're atheist, so who really cares if one or the other is wrong in your eyes.. A faithful Jew would tell you to your face that your going to eternal hell.
So yes, in my perception, Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism by picking up the cross and getting sacrificed at calvary.
You know nothing about Jews and Hell.

Sadly, you don't even care. You really should learn more about Judaism, but it might test your faith. So you slander Jews willingly.

No problem. Those dang Jews killed Christ anyhow, and in your immoral world, collective guilt and collective punishment make sense.

Not to moral people, but to you and your sick god, it does. Sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min swampmudd 31,247
Little Jojo 1 hr KoKos Sassy 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr dotard tracker 987,376
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 3 hr Frustrated 268
Most Criminals Are DEMOCRATS! 7 hr Jimmy D Cricket 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Not Govt Controll... 286,595
-----*ANTICHRIST on world stage----- 10 hr NewsGlobal 1
More from around the web