Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,678
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#502871 Dec 29, 2013
no i never been in vatican or israel or any muslim country..
i am not traveler..no

now you accuse me without any reason..why..

I am sorry if I can't understood you fully!

Now..God is not killer.
God is Creator.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#502872 Dec 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been against the LAW,..TO MURDER anyone in this country since I've been alive,.
There are bad people ....kkk comes,to mind that use murder and God or whatever in the same breath ...THAT DOES NOT MEAN GOD APPROVES......nor do the majority of hose so believe in Him ...
YOU KEEP USING THE ACTIONS,OF PEOPLE ....to accuse God in your mind ...And on here ...You dislike Christian d,...or Jews or Muslims,..whatever subject you are on at the moment or whatever thread you are posting on.....We get that ....people and ...believers are. bad ..
Atheists have a great moral code or whatever today's,message,is,...
GOD IS NOT a,person ...HE DORS NOT BELONG TO A,RELIGION...
HE created us and exists whether you folks believe in Him or not .
I sincerely wish you could just open your heart and mind ....call on Jesus,to cast out all of your doubts and see what happens in your heart..June ..
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO JOIN A,RELIGIIN OR EVEN ASSOCIATE WITH CHRISTIANS,..TO BELIEVE ..
it's,all between you and HIM.
GOD BLESS you ..
I suggest that you stop preaching your silly sermons.

Just because you believe a god finds YOU irresistible because you grovel ... doesn't mean that what you believe is based on truth.

Prince George, Canada

#502873 Dec 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD BLESS you ..
The fact of the "matter" IS ... you ONLY believe the god will bless me, is I believe as YOU believe ... which is of the mentality of little school-children.

Prince George, Canada

#502874 Dec 29, 2013
Imagine being an ancient hairy cave-man and having this experience.

No doubt, they would have believed that the gods were angry for one or another "reason."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Tornadoes

Parts of England have witnessed rainfalls of snails, and the United States has been struck by falls of eels. There have been many documented cases of frogs, spiders, and snakes dropping down from the sky. Several “fish storms” have been reported in Australia. In India, fish weighing up to eight pounds each (3.6 kg) came down from the sky.

Prince George, Canada

#502875 Dec 29, 2013
Superstition created religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Wind

Whirlwinds are caused by the devil.

The belief that whirlwinds are the work of the devil, a belief once held in Iran, refers to the effect of the spring winds in that country.

Prince George, Canada

#502876 Dec 29, 2013
Most people stuck in religion believe that the creator punishes humans for choosing to fall short of the god's "expectations."

When I ask why non-human animals (that never offended the supposed creator) suffer horrible pain ... those in religion clam-up and hide in their supposed "holy books" ... as they have nothing more to preach on THAT subject.

Wake up people ... or not. It's your choice.

To believe that you HONOR a god of such cruelty, is NOT worship. It is fear that if you don't force your selves TO worship, you will indeed be punished BY the cruel god!

Prince George, Canada

#502877 Dec 29, 2013
We now understand that thunder has a natural cause.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Thunder and Lightning

People hit by lightning were thought by many ancient Africans to have angered the gods. The Greek god Zues was never without his thunderbolt.

Prince George, Canada

#502878 Dec 29, 2013
There is more information for outdoors.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Thunderstorm Safety: What To Do

Indoors
•Use only a cordless or cell phone to make calls. Phone use is the leading cause of indoor lightning injuries in this country.
•Protect your electrical equipment from lightning damage by turning off computers, TVs, stereos, etc. before a thunderstorm hits.
•Avoid electrical equipment; use battery-powered TVs and radios instead. Stay off the computer. Do not attempt to unplug any equipment or appliances during a thunderstorm.
•Do not wash dishes, take a shower or use plumbing.

http://www.pnm.com/safety/storms_safety.htm
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502879 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
We now understand that thunder has a natural cause.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Thunder and Lightning
People hit by lightning were thought by many ancient Africans to have angered the gods. The Greek god Zues was never without his thunderbolt.
How dumb could they be?

Everyone knows Thor is the god of thunder.

Prince George, Canada

#502880 Dec 29, 2013
If a god existed, is it common sense that the god (out of anger) would make a conscious choice to kill what it first created?

Religion is based on idiocy!

Prince George, Canada

#502881 Dec 29, 2013
According to the theologians, "god" gave us free will, but he didn't want us to wander away from his invisible pure and holy state of existence.

Then the same theologians preach that the same god created Adam and Eve in the flesh, knowing they would sin and pollute all following generations WITH their sin.

Theology is ridiculous drivel.

Prince George, Canada

#502882 Dec 29, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
How dumb could they be?
Everyone knows Thor is the god of thunder.
Well it's nice to know that preachers of truth such as you, still exist.

There are so few left that know the REAL truth.

:)
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#502883 Dec 29, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
I think you have come to some erroneous conclusions from my writings. But I do not judge them, but prefer to take the onus for them, as my inadequate descriptions may cause you to err....
June has the choice of free-will, and those choices lead her to various ends. June does not ask for forgiveness, so I can give none to her, though I am always willing. My obligation to love her is inherent in Christianity, and this I do not withhold.
Perhaps you include me in the group of Christians that have faith without reason, and conclude that I am just another ignorant fool?
Soba
Simple. I make my conclusions based on what you write.

But when you fail to stand by your own words, you are more than "just another fool."

As for your comment about other Christians who have "faith without reason," once again you place yourself at a higher spiritual place than others.

You simply can not stop being judgmental.

If you were indeed a person of BOTH reason and faith (as you seem to imply), then your reason would tell you that your faith is not fact, and certainly not something on which to judge others.

Self-righteousness is the bane of all religion.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502884 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's nice to know that preachers of truth such as you, still exist.
There are so few left that know the REAL truth.
They wouldn't make a move about him if he were pretend:

Would they?

Prince George, Canada

#502885 Dec 29, 2013
Theologians wrote of their own superstitions, and in vain claimed that the superstitions were "messages" from "God."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Exodus 10: 12-13:“… And the Lord brought an east wind…[and] the east wind brought the locusts.”

Exodus 14:21:“…And the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong wind….”

Exodus 15:10:“Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waves.”

Genesis 8: 1-2 “And God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged…and the rain from heaven was restrained.”

Psalm 78:47:“He destroyed … their sycamore trees with frost….”

Psalm 18:12-14:“… He shot out lightening and discomfited them.”

1 Kings 8:35-36 [2 Chronicles 6:26-27]:“When heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; if they pray…and turn from their sin, when thou afflictest them: Then hear thou … and give rain…”

Psalm 78:47-48:“He destroyed their vines with hail….He gave up their cattle also to the hail….”
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502886 Dec 29, 2013
Hey!

Where's OxBlow?

Shouldn't he be lying about his thieving again about now?

Prince George, Canada

#502887 Dec 29, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple. I make my conclusions based on what you write.
But when you fail to stand by your own words, you are more than "just another fool."
As for your comment about other Christians who have "faith without reason," once again you place yourself at a higher spiritual place than others.
You simply can not stop being judgmental.
If you were indeed a person of BOTH reason and faith (as you seem to imply), then your reason would tell you that your faith is not fact, and certainly not something on which to judge others.
Self-righteousness is the bane of all religion.
Well stated.

Robert left Atheism to go back to Catholicism because of his desire to be arrogant.

He wanted a religion that bragged of owning the only truth in the universe ... and he found it in Catholicism.

"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"

However ... pope Francis is now indicating that "god" has lightened up on his LAW, and "god" will now indeed include others as being worthy of salvation.

Religion is all based on arrogant vocal-flatulence.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#502888 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Most people stuck in religion believe that the creator punishes humans for choosing to fall short of the god's "expectations."
When I ask why non-human animals (that never offended the supposed creator) suffer horrible pain ... those in religion clam-up and hide in their supposed "holy books" ... as they have nothing more to preach on THAT subject.
Wake up people ... or not. It's your choice.
To believe that you HONOR a god of such cruelty, is NOT worship. It is fear that if you don't force your selves TO worship, you will indeed be punished BY the cruel god!
Yes, a god of cruelty, as cruel as they wish their god to be.

-- Most of humanity today understands that the concept of "collective guilt" is morally wrong.

-- Most of humanity today understands that the concept of "human slavery" is morally wrong.

Most of humanity today is far more moral than the silly, immoral god of the Bible (or Quran).

Prince George, Canada

#502889 Dec 29, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
They wouldn't make a move about him if he were pretend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QdbB8i9ROr8XX
Would they?
Of course NOT!

Movies are all based on honesty! Honest to "god" I want more money!!!

Prince George, Canada

#502890 Dec 29, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, a god of cruelty, as cruel as they wish their god to be.
-- Most of humanity today understands that the concept of "collective guilt" is morally wrong.
-- Most of humanity today understands that the concept of "human slavery" is morally wrong.
Most of humanity today is far more moral than the silly, immoral god of the Bible (or Quran).
Unfortunately, most people are still in religion ... so that indicates that they don't WANT to come to that way of perceiving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Tide with Beach 794,361
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 min HipGnosis 518
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min RADEKT 267,340
Electric Shaver for head 2 hr skullshaver 1
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 3 hr max 176
Dead Trigger 2 cheats android 3 hr kanha panda 1
Nimble Quest Hack Android [ + iOS ] 3 hr kanha panda 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr AntiqueAnnie 607,103
More from around the web