Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687224 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503114 Dec 30, 2013
yTube wrote:
Thus says the LORD :---to EVERY minister in USA
According to you, is the LORD's name Jehovah or Elohim or Yahweh???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Isaiah 45:7 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible

I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, ADONAI, do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 LEB
Lexham English Bible

[I] form light and [I] create darkness; [I] make peace and [I] create evil; I [am] Yahweh; [I] do all these [things].
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503115 Dec 30, 2013
There is no character by the name of Jesus in any Jewish literature.

The ex-Jew Catholics took a word from Greek literature and created the name of Jesus OUT of the Greek word.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

CatholicCulture.Org

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503116 Dec 30, 2013
It's been said that religion is separate from government ... but if that is so ... why is it that every President in America has been Christian???

Something smells "fishy."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

FISH

Symbol of Christ, seen before the fifth century. The Greek word for fish is ichthus, consisting also of the initial letters of Iesous, CHristos, THeou, Uios, Soter -- Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. The fish is also emblematic of the fishermen Apostles, Andrew, Peter, and the Sons of Zebedee, whom Christ would make "fishers of men" (Mark 1:17). The archangel Raphael is often represented with a fish brought back to cure the aged Tobit of his blindness.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503117 Dec 30, 2013
Christians plagiarized everything in their religion from other religions, with the twist of a word here and there to make their new religion seem credible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Origin of the Christian Fish Symbol

The fish was also established in the Middle East with the goddess of Ephesus who covered her genital region with a fish amulet. There is also a tale of the fish that swallowed the penis of Osiris.

In India, the Goddess Kali was called the fish-eyed one. The fish symbol has been identified with reincarnation and the life force. There was one group in India that believed that a fish held the soul of a deceased person. As part of fertility, the fish is eaten in order to reincarnate the soul in a newborn child.

Celts and other European pagan cultures link the fish to fertility, sexuality, and birth. The fish symbol, long before Christianity, was known as the Great Mother. Fish deities and shrines have been found all over the region.

In the ancient world, there are many other symbolisms found for the fish. In China, the symbol of the fish stands for the Great Mother Kwan-yin. In Egypt, Isis was called the Great Fish of the Abyss. In Scandinavia, Freya, the Great Goddess was honored by the eating of fish. The 6th day of the week was called Friday after her. In the Mediterranean, mysterious religions used fish, wine, and bread for their sacramental meal. In Greece, the word delphos meant womb and fish.

The early Christian church adopted this symbol.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-origin-christian -...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503118 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you allow that to sink into your brain Robert.
Catholicism, as are all religions ... is based on egoism ... period!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Athanasian Creed
44. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully he cannot be saved.
June

This is not a criticism, but a conclusion on observing your posts. You seem to be have more of an apophatic philosophy, with some nihilism to your posts.

Most of what you state is in the negative, maybe 80%. And people take this from you as you being contemptuous of them and their beliefs.

I can sympathize with an apophatic approach as I incorporate it in part of my view on things. Perhaps in a different way(I think sensed data is in part, illusory for instance.) Of course this in direct contrast to you that believes in the observational facts until they fade into mysteries.

I understand your position that all religions are based on egosism, but disagree, because it is oversimplified.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503119 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So it follows that according to the Catholic church-fathers ... had Jesus not willingly converted to Catholicism ... Jesus could not (as a regular Jew faithful to Judaism) BE SAVED!
That is the absolute ONLY reason that Catholics idolize the image of that ONE Jew.
The rest of the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism, were perceived by the Catholics as evil and vile and wicked and filled with the will of the devil.
June

You are stating something as a conclusion, but have no supportable propositions or logic connecting them.

Your speculating from your own opinion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503120 Dec 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
This is not a criticism, but a conclusion on observing your posts. You seem to be have more of an apophatic philosophy, with some nihilism to your posts.
Most of what you state is in the negative, maybe 80%. And people take this from you as you being contemptuous of them and their beliefs.
I can sympathize with an apophatic approach as I incorporate it in part of my view on things. Perhaps in a different way(I think sensed data is in part, illusory for instance.) Of course this in direct contrast to you that believes in the observational facts until they fade into mysteries.
I understand your position that all religions are based on egosism, but disagree, because it is oversimplified.
You are pathetic!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503121 Dec 30, 2013
Within the theology, if Jesus did NOT convert to Catholicism ... Christianity does not exist as it is based on nothing.

It's as simple as THAT!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503122 Dec 30, 2013
Religious preachers ALL claim to have migrated to the holy side of the creator's view-finder ... leaving all the EVIL to others. And that blatant arrogance takes the cake.

I am also an ego-feeder ... but not to the extent of those in religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503123 Dec 30, 2013
I suggest that religious preachers are comparable to suckers that feed in the bottoms of lakes.

"God is speaking through ME" ... say the individual preachers ... as they keep sucking in mythical baffle-gas of ancient theologians ... and spewing the nonsense out at others as being based on truth.

What a "quaint" bottom-feeding pastime!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503124 Dec 30, 2013
I suggest that this idiot was the king of loud-mouthed bottom-feeders.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The popular television evangelist reverend Jerry Falwell, who supported President Bush, made the following statement (verbatim)…“But you got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I’m for the President … chase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them away, in the name of the Lord.”
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#503125 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Within the theology, if Jesus did NOT convert to Catholicism ... Christianity does not exist as it is based on nothing.
It's as simple as THAT!
So when you said poor people should go cold and hungery at Christmas time you really ment nothing by it yourself huh.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503126 Dec 30, 2013
I suggest that Christians never once thought of how frightened the Muslims were at being over-run by Christian proselytizers, when flocks of Christians moved in to Iraq after the American invasion???

The devout Christians probably took it as a signal that the god was one their side and that it was time again to INSTRUCT the Muslims that their religion was evil and Christianity was HOLY.

As the religious wars once again pick up speed ... history has taught those in religion NOTHING other than to keep on killing each other over who the "god" favors as being worthy of eternal bliss.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503127 Dec 30, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>So when you said poor people should go cold and hungery at Christmas time you really ment nothing by it yourself huh.
Stop fibbing Jumper ... or (superstition dictates that) your nose is going to grow.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503128 Dec 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a criticism, but a conclusion on observing your posts.
If it's not a praise ... then it follows that your "conclusion" IS a criticism.

You can't stop double-talking ... even when you try.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503129 Dec 30, 2013
This was the teaching of the early Catholic church fathers, that stated in no uncertain terms that Jesus brought truth to the earth through Catholicism, and that those that practiced Judaism would NOT be saved.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Ignatius Bishop of Antioch (98-117A.D.)– Epistle to the Magnesians

For if we are still practicing Judaism, we admit that we have not received God’s favor…it is wrong to talk about Jesus Christ and live like Jews. For Christianity did not believe in Judaism, but Judaism in Christianity.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503130 Dec 30, 2013
There were Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism, and there were Christians that vilified Judaism. There was NO in-between. Believers had to choose one or the other.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

L. Michael White: Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin

At what point did Christians start thinking of themselves as separate from Judaism?

The preacher of Antioch and later of Constantinople, John Chrysostom, complains in a series of eight sermons to his congregation, that "you must stop going to the Synagogue, you must not think that the Synagogue is a holier place than our churches are." This clearly indicates that the break between Judaism and Christianity, even as late as the 4th century ... still is not absolute, is not permanent.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503131 Dec 30, 2013
The Catholic church-fathers used the term for the those that preached Judaism, as suffering from "Judaizer's DISEASE!"

Nice "play" HUH?

All his life (within the theological tales) Jesus taught Judaism ... so the Catholics must have believed that Jesus had also suffered from Judaizer's disease, until he chose to be baptized into Catholicism by SAINT John ... who by the way in the old testament hundreds of years earlier within Catholic theology, was also a Jew.

What a racket ... pun intended.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#503132 Dec 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
If you are considering Roman Catholicism, consider this first.
September 9, 2010
“If anyone comes and tells me they’re the church and I know that they’re not teaching the same thing as the church of 2000 years ago then I know it’s false.”(Dr. Sungenis)
The above quote is the philosophy of Catholic apologist Dr. Robert Sungenis who made this comment during a debate with Evangelical apologist, Matt Slick this past July.
Apparently Dr. Sungenis never applied his philosophy to his own beliefs, because if he did he would find his own church to be false. This is because none of the “oral [T]raditions” of the Catholic Church that Catholics are required to believe were known in the ancient church nearly 2000 years ago. And what are Catholics required to believe? Dr. Sungenis answers that for us:
“Any oral teaching inspired by the Holy Spirit to the apostles is our Oral Tradition that we must be obedient to.”(ibid)
So for anyone that might be considering joining the Catholic faith, here is a non-comprehensive list of doctrines Catholics are required to believe that did not exist in the apostolic and Ante-Nicene church; doctrines that according to Dr. Sungenis, were received by the apostles from the Holy Spirit and passed down to the church by oral tradition.
The Immaculate Conception
The assumption of Mary
Transubstantiation
Confessing sins to priests
Holy days of obligation
And the requirement to believe that the Roman bishop is infallible in regards to his proclamations concerning faith and morals.
I would love to hear from Catholics on this, especially apologists. Is Dr. Sungenis wrong, or is the Catholic Church teaching false doctrine?
<quoted text>
The Bible IS one book. It is one book written by 40 authors by divine inspiration. It was God who inspired the writers and it was God who decided which books would make up His word to us. The Bible is one continuous love letter to us.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible didn't become "one book" until all those other books were added and binded together. Still, its a collection of letters, epistles, poems, prophecies, and memoirs. Yes God inspired the writers but He didn't write it for them. Its written by fallible men who used language and culture from their own time period. Its still Gods word, but it took an earthly authority to declare that. An infallible earthly authority.
You approach the Bible like its a diety itself. That's called idolatry. And God does not like other gods put before Him.
Are you so foolish to think God trusted His word to "fallible man?" The writers wrote exactly what God would have them write. Nothing more and nothing less. His words on paper delivered to us.

Cly, you are far too Biblically ignorant to further discuss anything spiritual. There was not nor will there ever be an infallible earthly authority other than the "word" of God. Never no never. Therefore, the Bible is not a deity nor is it my diety. The Bible is not my idol.

God holds His word above His name.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#503133 Dec 30, 2013
Origen of Alexandria (185-254 A.D.)– A ecclesiastical writer and teacher who contributed to the early formation of Christian doctrines.

We may thus assert in utter confidence that the Jews will not return to their earlier situation, for they have committed the most abominable of crimes, in forming this conspiracy against the Savior of the human race

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Bongossmarterbrother 30,876
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Bobby Bobson 987,264
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Edthirty 286,544
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 3 hr Doctor REALIUTY 6
News Driver charged after ramming truck into mobile ... 3 hr bhc 2
Anthony Bragg 8 hr Eyes open Smh 29
More from around the web