Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 640872 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503017 Dec 29, 2013
That's quite the "statement" from Martin Luther.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

“Feelings come and feelings go,
And feelings are deceiving;
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

My interpretation of what Luther should have stated

"Once I was a Catholic
But I feel I should be leaving."
truth

Perth, Australia

#503018 Dec 29, 2013
where i live before in system nobody give pension or any money..no
Head of place they call G
'Glavar' see as tribe leader as head as chief ..but not money no
if old people know read you can be happy too..many not read or wrote..if tthey see today your MUQ they will say as muka=sorrow..as well bread inner as softy nice bread they call Somun or muka..yeeeeeee less any 'Q'.

Easy life they call as inner bread =muka= somun.

Its natural way of wisdom.

easy life=to be happy as children of Almighty

definition of child of God

your money is is definition
- your present system and leadership for money economy finance and politics
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#503019 Dec 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
If you are considering Roman Catholicism, consider this first.
September 9, 2010
“If anyone comes and tells me they’re the church and I know that they’re not teaching the same thing as the church of 2000 years ago then I know it’s false.”(Dr. Sungenis)
The above quote is the philosophy of Catholic apologist Dr. Robert Sungenis who made this comment during a debate with Evangelical apologist, Matt Slick this past July.
Apparently Dr. Sungenis never applied his philosophy to his own beliefs, because if he did he would find his own church to be false. This is because none of the “oral [T]raditions” of the Catholic Church that Catholics are required to believe were known in the ancient church nearly 2000 years ago. And what are Catholics required to believe? Dr. Sungenis answers that for us:
“Any oral teaching inspired by the Holy Spirit to the apostles is our Oral Tradition that we must be obedient to.”(ibid)
So for anyone that might be considering joining the Catholic faith, here is a non-comprehensive list of doctrines Catholics are required to believe that did not exist in the apostolic and Ante-Nicene church; doctrines that according to Dr. Sungenis, were received by the apostles from the Holy Spirit and passed down to the church by oral tradition.
The Immaculate Conception
The assumption of Mary
Transubstantiation
Confessing sins to priests
Holy days of obligation
And the requirement to believe that the Roman bishop is infallible in regards to his proclamations concerning faith and morals.
I would love to hear from Catholics on this, especially apologists. Is Dr. Sungenis wrong, or is the Catholic Church teaching false doctrine?
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Its simple. Some of those things weren't an issue 2,000 yrs ago. The Church didn't go against the Apostolic fathers' teachings on the Immaculate Conception because they didn't teach on it. Duh. The same infallible authority that determined the Christian Bible, also determined that Mary was immaculatly conceived. You accept the first infallible declaration but reject the second. Why? A
Do you comprehend that the Bible is not one book, its a collection of books? It wasn't created, it developed within the authority of the already established Church. you approach the sacred scriptures completely wrong. Recklessly wrong.
The Bible IS one book. It is one book written by 40 authors by divine inspiration. It was God who inspired the writers and it was God who decided which books would make up His word to us. The Bible is one continuous love letter to us.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503020 Dec 29, 2013
If Martin Luther had been a faithful man, he would have died as a Catholic.

If Jesus had (existed and) been a faithful man, he would have died being faithful to Judaism.

Religion is tricky that way!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#503022 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If Martin Luther had been a faithful man, he would have died as a Catholic.
If Jesus had (existed and) been a faithful man, he would have died being faithful to Judaism.
Religion is tricky that way!
Jesus never rejected teachings of Moses....he did not die as a "Christian"....he most certainly NEVER heard the word Christian or Christianity in his entire earthly life!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503023 Dec 29, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no honesty in theft, thief.
Show me one post where I even hinted that I was the author of what I copied/pasted....

I am smarter than that...in that I know how easily that could be proven a lie.....

Either present your evidence or go hiss under your new rock...
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#503024 Dec 29, 2013
PS:

And jesus did exist, have no doubt about it.

What did not exist and which is difficult to prove is "Risen Christ" which was a hallucination of St. Paul and that is the fundamental mistake of Christians, which have made their religion so strange and do difficult to understand.

Location hidden

#503025 Dec 29, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending, thief.
You're not smarter than that.
Every post you make without indicating the words you post belong to someone else represents theft.
You're a thief, and not an especially bright one.
Merely persistent.
Show me one post where I even hinted that I was the author of what I copied/pasted....

I am smarter than that...in that I know how easily that could be proven a lie.....

Either present your evidence or go hiss under your new rock...

Location hidden

#503026 Dec 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who these non-Catholic authorities are. Who made them the authority?
People were mislead by the first Protestants. That's why you don't have all the Bible. You were deceived! That little lie blossomed into a doctrinal catastrophe now with 40,000 + "words of God".
Catlic Bible History Truth
Answer the question....
Why do non-Catholic authorities reject the Apocrypha as being a part of the sixty six books of the canon?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503027 Dec 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
And jesus did exist, have no doubt about it.
What did not exist and which is difficult to prove is "Risen Christ" which was a hallucination of St. Paul and that is the fundamental mistake of Christians, which have made their religion so strange and do difficult to understand.
The Resurrection of Christ

15 Now I would remind you, brethren, in what terms I preached to you the gospel, which you received, in which you stand, 2 by which you are saved, if you hold it fast—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, unfit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God which is with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

cont.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#503028 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that bible readers should put their bibles up to the mirror and then try to decipher the words.
At least it would slow most of them down, while they tried to figure out what "god" was trying to tell them that they had to preach at others.
tongue in cheek
Catholics preach at Protestants and Protestants preach at Catholics, and they both brag that they know truth from the same "source!"
Spare me from such stupidity.
I cut to the chase and don't believe any of them ... period!
And you just keep preaching at both, that you have found the truth.
In what ever it is you believe in.
Oh yeah I forgot you believe in nothing.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503029 Dec 29, 2013
cont. to mug;

The Resurrection of the Dead

12 Now if Christ is preached as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised; 14 if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. 15 We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified of God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised. 17 If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If for this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied.

Location hidden

#503030 Dec 29, 2013
Truth about traditions...

TRADITIONS that are FOUND in THE BIBLE!

The word tradition occurs only 14 times in the whole New Testament in the Old Testament not once. We find 8 references are from Jesus himself, all of which are derogatory of traditions. Not once does he insinuate they are useful or scriptural. Paul has 5 references, 2 of which are derogatory (Col.2:8; Gal.1:14). Peter also has one reference also derogatory 1 Pt.1:18.(the aimless conduct received by the tradition of the fathers). For Peter to be called the first Pope and does not uphold this practice does not help their position.

The first time is is mentioned is by Jesus in Mt. 15:2-3 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.” He answered and said to them,“Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?” Nowhere does Jesus teach there is a tradition of men and of God.
He goes on to give an example of their tradition that went against Scripture. It was the written Scripture that was the authority for any other teaching.

Another time he was asked about eating bread before washing their hands. Mark 7:7-9 “And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'“For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men-- the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.” And He said to them,“All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.” They had a choice but instead defaulted to their own rules that they thought was biblical.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503031 Dec 29, 2013
cont.
20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 “For God[a] has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says,“All things are put in subjection under him,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things under him, that God may be everything to every one.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503032 Dec 29, 2013
cont.
29 Otherwise, what do people mean by being baptized on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized on their behalf? 30 Why am I in peril every hour? 31 I protest, brethren, by my pride in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day! 32 What do I gain if, humanly speaking, I fought with beasts at Ephesus? If the dead are not raised,“Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.” 33 Do not be deceived:“Bad company ruins good morals.” 34 Come to your right mind, and sin no more. For some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#503033 Dec 29, 2013
marge wrote:
cont. to mug;
The Resurrection of the Dead
12 Now if Christ is preached as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised; 14 if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. 15 We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified of God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised. 17 If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If for this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied.
This is not the way in which Prophets of God speak..... this is argumentative style and used by philosophers and debaters.

That is what I called as "superimposing your own thoughts on simple teachings of Jesus".

It is strange you cannot see it.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503034 Dec 29, 2013
cont.

The Resurrection Body

35 But some one will ask,“How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?” 36 You foolish man! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 And what you sow is not the body which is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. 39 For not all flesh is alike, but there is one kind for men, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. 40 There are celestial bodies and there are terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.

42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 Thus it is written,“The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 But it is not the spiritual which is first but the physical, and then the spiritual. 47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so are those who are of the dust; and as is the man of heaven, so are those who are of heaven. 49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall[b] also bear the image of the man of heaven. 50 I tell you this, brethren: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#503035 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you take another human's word for what he wrote that a god said ... it is you who is responsible.
When you teach little children that if they are bad they will go to hell in the hereafter ... you are responsible for placing that picture of fear in their tender psyches.
No one but YOU is responsible. No one can force you to believe anything that goes against your conscience.
And people like you give them no hope at all expect to believe life is meaningless and miserable.
when you take peoples hopes and dreams away what are they lift with???? nothing, there for life becomes meaningless.
Your a sad old lonely lady, looking for vendication so you seek out thread to vent your anger at God on.
You lost your joy and allowed lifes trails and tribulations steal your crown, "I THINK JESUS WARNED NOT TO ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN."
THE THEIF COMES BUT TO STEAL, KILL, AND DESTROY.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503036 Dec 29, 2013
cont.

51 Lo! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable nature must put on the imperishable, and this mortal nature must put on immortality. 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

“Death is swallowed up in victory.”

“O death, where is thy victory?
O death, where is thy sting?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
truth

Perth, Australia

#503037 Dec 29, 2013
you forget word 'culture' cult.ure= magic o'clock
tradition =tra.g.i.c.t. ion
tracking see=trag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min bacon hater 969,757
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Happy Lesbo 36,859
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Student 44,248
How come girls don't like to date east indian g... (Dec '09) 49 min Theresa000 171
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 54 min Steve III 618,244
Play "end of the word" part 2 58 min ImFree2Choose 1,690
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 104,533
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 280,830
More from around the web