Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670340 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#502922 Dec 29, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You're in denial, thief.

You can't because I never did...
You need help in the art of saving-face!!!!
You don't understand English???!!! Quote: Why would they....am not currently discussing Christianity!!!!!

Snake...liar.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#502923 Dec 29, 2013
Chess wrote:
Hey!
Where's OxBlow?
Shouldn't he be lying about his thieving again about now?
Shouldn't you be hissing???

Snake....liar...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#502924 Dec 29, 2013
From the book,“I Never Say Anything Provocative,” by John G. Diefenbaker comes the following.

Page # 47

Elizabeth, in the name of humanity, said,“I have to bring about a change in the death sentence.” There were two varieties of the death sentence in those days. You either executed on the gibbet by being put in chains and hung up and left until your soul went to its Maker or you went to the scaffold. There you suffocated. Elizabeth said that in the name of humanity a change had to be made and people could not be hung in chains unless strangled beforehand. They said this was necessary. They quoted scripture.

Prince George, Canada

#502925 Dec 29, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Any Court of Law in the world would laugh at your "proof" of god.
On the other hand, we have real proof of UFOs and space aliens.
THINK!!! The government has never had to cover up religion, because there is no proof.
However, everyone agrees the government covers up the evidence for UFOs, right?
You can't deny it. I have proof. You have nothing but your delusion.
Ramen
I suggest that an Atheist will never be voted in as the Prime Minister of Canada, or the President of the United States.

One has to claim to be Christian ... well, that is, at least until the Muslims outnumber the Christians.

Prince George, Canada

#502926 Dec 29, 2013
John Diefenbaker, one-time Prime Minister of Canada, was a witness to the harm done in the name of religion ... but still, in his own mentality, his Christian religion ruled supreme.

If the Muslims one day rule, we can't expect less from them than to follow the brutal-god of the Qur'an Allah as their HOLY guide.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book,“I Never Say Anything Provocative,” by John G. Diefenbaker comes the following.

We live in an age that is becoming more and more permissive. Some say there is no God, that each man should be able to live his own life as he wills as long as he does so in private. I do not find any support for that philosophy in the scriptures. The Judeo-Christian concept in the Old Testament is the foundation of our religion.

April 18, 1969, House of Commons.

Prince George, Canada

#502927 Dec 29, 2013
If the Muslims in America keep multiplying at today's rate of speed, the next few generations will tell a different story in parliament.

Then we will see how the Christians take the news that religion in government is a GOOD and HOLY venture!!!

What goes around, might indeed come around!

I hope to be dead by then.

Prince George, Canada

#502928 Dec 29, 2013
This is how the devout Catholics viewed the horrible brute William the Conqueror.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Catholic Encyclopedia

William the conqueror

As for William's ecclesiastical policy, he seems conscientiously to have carried out a programme of wise reform.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15642c.htm

Prince George, Canada

#502929 Dec 29, 2013
I'll post this AGAIN, in case any of you missed it the first time.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

William was a devout Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The first great abolitionist was William the Conqueror. He was opposed to the death sentence. He said he did not believe in the death sentence and substituted maiming, the removal of arms, legs, eyes and ears. His reasoning was that the trunk must remain alive as a witness to the crimes.

Prince George, Canada

#502930 Dec 29, 2013
Those religious brutes were the ones that ran the Christian governments. They used the god of the old testament as their guide.

I suggest that you don't expect less of the Muslims, who also branched off of Judaism and use the vile image of the same god to in turn create RULES to follow.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Prince George, Canada

#502931 Dec 29, 2013
Jefferson believed that his mindset was aligned to the mindset of "Jesus."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

In his classic Notes on the State of Virginia (1785), Jefferson remarked how “unfortunate” it was that it had pleased God to make Africans black

Prince George, Canada

#502932 Dec 29, 2013
You want religion running your country??? I suggest you don't complain when it comes back to haunt you through the mindsets and dictatorship of the Muslim Imams.

Prince George, Canada

#502933 Dec 29, 2013
In every religious cult, all the theologians had to preach, was that if you followed their words, you would be rewarded with eternal bliss.

How easy it was for them to fool others!

Watch the giggling dalai lama who mesmerizes so many gullible followers into believing that when he leaves earth he will step into Nirvana to be rewarded with eternal bliss???

The Hollywood idiots idolize him as he mumbles and giggles his way ... through force of habit.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Kiss The Blarney Stone
kissing stone_20060815161152
The Stone of Eloquence

For over 200 years, world statesmen, literary giants, and legends of the silver screen have joined the millions of pilgrims climbing the steps to kiss the Blarney Stone and gain the gift of eloquence.

http://www.blarneycastle.ie/pages/kiss-the-bl...

Prince George, Canada

#502934 Dec 29, 2013
By far, the worst blight to hit the mentality of humans is the superstition of religion.

And it's just getting started. As the human population grows in leaps and bounds, the religious wars will gain momentum, as once again history repeats itself.
History Reader

Hamilton, Canada

#502935 Dec 29, 2013
keltec 9mm wrote:
Like one of his predecessors he'll soon be announcing his support for the "final solution" >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Germany of course was a Protestant nation.
Hitler was elected by a Protestant majority and a Catholic minority.
Hitler was a Roman Catholic, Goebels was a Roman Catholic, Hoes was a Roman Catholic,
None of them were excommunicated from the Roman Church. Germany was 52 %% Protestant and 48 % Roman Catholic. Himmler, Klaus Barbie, Bormann, Heydrich were Roman Catholics. We may not like it, but it is true!

Prince George, Canada

#502936 Dec 29, 2013
Women of the Christian faith use birth control and have legal abortions.

Many men and women of the Muslim faith still believe it's against Allah's will to stop procreating, and for them, abortion is totally out of the question.

I suggest you do the math!

It's not by chance that Pope Benedict was upset that women of the Catholic faith no longer want to have big families.

He could and DOES see the writing on the wall.
History Reader

Hamilton, Canada

#502937 Dec 29, 2013
Hitler was a Roman Catholic, Goebels was a Roman Catholic, Hoes was a Roman Catholic,
None of them were excommunicated from the Roman Church. Germany was 52 %% Protestant and 48 % Roman Catholic. Himmler, Klaus Barbie, Bormann, Heydrich were Roman Catholics. We may not like it, but it is true!

Prince George, Canada

#502938 Dec 29, 2013
From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following …………….

In an article about these women titled “Illegal-Abortion Deaths in the United States: Why Are They Still Occurring?” in Family Planning Perspectives written by staff members of the Centers for Disease Control, we learn that years after the legalization of abortion:

A 32-year-old black married woman with five children was found unresponsive in the bathroom of her home in a large Southeastern city. She was dead on arrival at a local hospital. An autopsy showed a catheter protruding from the cervix and a fetus at 32 weeks gestation. Cause of death was a large air embolus. The woman was employed as a ward clerk in obstetrics and gynecology at the hospital where she died, and first-trimester abortions were performed there. She and her husband were black Muslims. He forbade her to use contraceptives and refused to sign tubal ligation papers after her last pregnancy. She wanted an abortion but her husband would not allow it. She allegedly obtained a rubber catheter from the hospital and attempted to induce her own abortion.

Prince George, Canada

#502939 Dec 29, 2013
The Final Inequality, by L. J. Ludovici………..

Morals at any given moment have always been as good, or as bad, as our imaginations credit them, for the morals (from the Latin, mores: customs) means simply customs, and they keep changing all the time in all the corners of the world.

Prince George, Canada

#502940 Dec 29, 2013
History Reader wrote:
Hitler didn't care who he killed as long as he could rule over others. He was a cruel man, and with or without religion, I suggest he would have been cruel. The others were simply hangers-on to the leader, as it made them feel power, through Hitler's power.

Prince George, Canada

#502941 Dec 29, 2013
History Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler killed as many Catholics as he did Protestants. He wasn't at all fussy about who died, as long as they died.

Many Catholics died trying to protect Jews from Hitler's reign of terror.

It's not fair to label all Catholics as being responsible for the problems, as it not true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min another viewer 980,164
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 100,456
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 42 min Seejay 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,656
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr shkreli zionism 121,925
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 7 hr Libhater 58
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web