Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654459 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#502897 Dec 29, 2013
Thoughts go back to my childhood, of a loving mother who although Lutheran, kept her beliefs at home and would only discuss them with the traveling Protestant preachers who came to our home to eat our food and proselytize while busy eating.

My loving father, on the other hand, often shared his belief of reincarnation with others and wanted their opinions in return.

Some people probably thought my father was off his beam, while others thought he was full of evil from a devil.

Hahahahahaha

I took it all in as normal everyday occurrences, and in my mind questioned every word they expressed.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#502898 Dec 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, you should admit I've never said "Catholics are favorites of Jesus".
I guarantee you many Catholics are a huge disappointment to Jesus and many protestants are not.
You think differently than did Catholics of 75 years ago, 200 years ago, and 1000 years ago.

So who is correct? Catholics of yesteryear - or neo-Catholics such as you?

See the problem yet?

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#502899 Dec 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, you should admit I've never said "Catholics are favorites of Jesus".
I guarantee you many Catholics are a huge disappointment to Jesus and many protestants are not.
You are a Catholic for ONE reason. You are certain that those Catholic church-fathers were favorites of Jesus ... as are YOU.

If you are not honest with your self ... you can't possibly be honest with others.

Prince George, Canada

#502900 Dec 29, 2013
As I sat in church as a child, I never felt warm about the so-called savior Jesus. I figured that it was not fair of him to love only Christians.

Now pope Francis and Billy Graham and a few other preachers are coming around to see it my way.

However, they believe that Jesus "the savior" actually exists, and I believe that no such character EVER existed.

Prince George, Canada

#502901 Dec 29, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

All History ignores Him.

The fact that Christ finds no place in the history of the era in which he lived,—that not one event of his life is recorded by anybody but his own interested and prejudiced biographers,—settles the conclusion, beyond cavil or criticism, that the godlike achievements ascribed to him are naught but fable or fiction.

Prince George, Canada

#502902 Dec 29, 2013
Wacky theology

Can't ya just hear Jesus saying to the Catholic church-fathers ... "I used to preach Judaism as a pure and holy religion when I was a Rabbi, but now I see that I erred, and that Catholicism is taking me on a path of righteousness that I never knew when in the Temple I used to preach Judaism."

BWAGGGGHHHH!!!

Prince George, Canada

#502903 Dec 29, 2013
Jesus was supposed to be a learned Jewish Rabbi ... yet not one word is there on earth written in Jewish literature when he preached in supposed Jewish Temples.

Ridiculous ex-Jew Catholic lies, swallowed whole by gullible believers.

Prince George, Canada

#502904 Dec 29, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

The few who attempted to disprove to truth of those miracles occurrences now found reported in sacred history, had their books burned, as in the case of Porphyry and Celsus, in the early history of Christianity, who called in question the truth of bible miracles.

Prince George, Canada

#502905 Dec 29, 2013

Pagan Miracles

And we have the same kind of evidence that the Hindoo Messiah, Chrishna, of India, restored two boys to life who had been killed by the bites of serpents, as that Jesus Christ resurrected Lazarus and the widow’s son of Nain; and as much proof that Bacchus turned water into wine, as that Jesus performed this act six hundred years after.

Prince George, Canada

#502906 Dec 29, 2013
Pope Leo X hated Martin Luther for starting a new religion foreign to Catholicism.

From what I have studied, the Jews never did believe (and rightfully SO) that Jesus was a Jewish messiah, so there would have been no reason for them to hate "Jesus" even had he existed ... except that Jesus, for joining up with the Catholics would have been vilified by the Jews AS a fake Jewish messiah.

Had Jesus existed, he certainly would not have been perceived as holy to the Jews that were in turn faithful to Judaism.

I suggest the Jews hated the Catholics for making up a flamboyant story of a savior that came to earth with the "soul" purpose of saving ONLY Catholics ... and for that the Jews had every RIGHT to HATE.

Religion never was about love. It was about who could steal the thunder from other theologians and in turn, preach the biggest LIES!

Prince George, Canada

#502907 Dec 29, 2013
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following…………..

Assessments of Martin Luther (1483—1546) vary widely, depending on the stance of the assessor. To Pope Leo X he was stiff-necked notorious, damned heretic

Prince George, Canada

#502908 Dec 29, 2013
To the Jews that were faithful to Judaism ... had Jesus lived ... he also would have been perceived by the Jews as a stiff-necked notorious, damned heretic.

Prince George, Canada

#502909 Dec 29, 2013
During the many centuries of their brutality, I often wonder how many people were put to death as “heretics,” by the Catholic Church.

How many of the readers have ever heard of a group of people that practiced “Quietism?”

Michael Milinos was born in 1628, and later became what some termed a “spiritual mystic.” He wrote a book titled “The Spiritual Guide,” and it seems that he promoted some of the same ideas as today’s Quakers,(Friends).

On the cover of the book, it states …“So powerful was its influence on Europe that within 6 years of its release this book had been translated into every language in Western Europe. In Naples, Italy it was said that 20,000 Christians gathered in small groups to practice inward prayer.”

Also on the cover of the book, it states,“There have been more copies of this book burned than perhaps any other single Christian book ever published.”

Also on the book cover, are the following words …“Michael Molinos came closer to reforming the Catholic Church than any other single man in history, yet he ended up sealed in a dungeon, his book condemned. A man so controversial that even until today the Vatican will not release the transcript of his (secret) trial. Now for the first time this book appears in modern English. The first English language release in over a hundred years.

And on the book’s cover … Anyone found in possession of this book will be excommunicated.… Papal Decree … 1687
…………………………

The Inquisition took care to silence Michael Molinos, and the followers of “Quietism … and to put an end to yet another gentle way of believing.

Prince George, Canada

#502910 Dec 29, 2013
Here is the story told on CatholicCulture.Org
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

CatholicCulture.Org

QUIETISM

General name for any view of spiritual life that minimizes human activity and moral responsibility. But more properly it refers to the theories of Miguel de Molinos (c. 1640-97) and François Fénelon (1651-1715), Archbishop of Cambrai. Its basic position is that, to become perfect, one must be totally passive, annihilate one's will and so totally abandon oneself to God that one cares for neither heaven nor hell. In prayer, the perfect soul make no acts of love or petition, nor even of adoration. Such total passivity makes mortification or the sacaraments useless. Sin becomes impossible to perfect souls. Quietism was condemned in the person of Molinos by Pope Innocent XI in 1687, and Fénelon by Innocent XII in1691.(Etym. Latin quietus, quiet, at rest, peaceful.)

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

Orlando, FL

#502911 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
All History ignores Him.
The fact that Christ finds no place in the history of the era in which he lived,—that not one event of his life is recorded by anybody but his own interested and prejudiced biographers,—settles the conclusion, beyond cavil or criticism, that the godlike achievements ascribed to him are naught but fable or fiction.
Duh! Maybe god's message was so awesome that it took 1 or 2 generations before mankind could even begin to put it in writing.

Maybe.

One day these false gods will not lead you from the truth. There is no sacred dogma. Only IT.

Ramen

Orlando, FL

#502912 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Pagan Miracles
And we have the same kind of evidence that the Hindoo Messiah, Chrishna, of India, restored two boys to life who had been killed by the bites of serpents, as that Jesus Christ resurrected Lazarus and the widow’s son of Nain; and as much proof that Bacchus turned water into wine, as that Jesus performed this act six hundred years after.
The answer is simple.

Jesus, Bacchus, and Chrishna are all in fact -- the same fun-loving alien beings, trying to help mankind love one another and not destroy the planet.

We know these aliens collectively as the FSM.

Ramen

Orlando, FL

#502913 Dec 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
During the many centuries of their brutality, I often wonder how many people were put to death as “heretics,” by the Catholic Church.
How many of the readers have ever heard of a group of people that practiced “Quietism?”
Michael Milinos was born in 1628, and later became what some termed a “spiritual mystic.” He wrote a book titled “The Spiritual Guide,” and it seems that he promoted some of the same ideas as today’s Quakers,(Friends).
On the cover of the book, it states …“So powerful was its influence on Europe that within 6 years of its release this book had been translated into every language in Western Europe. In Naples, Italy it was said that 20,000 Christians gathered in small groups to practice inward prayer.”
Also on the cover of the book, it states,“There have been more copies of this book burned than perhaps any other single Christian book ever published.”
Also on the book cover, are the following words …“Michael Molinos came closer to reforming the Catholic Church than any other single man in history, yet he ended up sealed in a dungeon, his book condemned. A man so controversial that even until today the Vatican will not release the transcript of his (secret) trial. Now for the first time this book appears in modern English. The first English language release in over a hundred years.
And on the book’s cover … Anyone found in possession of this book will be excommunicated.… Papal Decree … 1687
…………………………
The Inquisition took care to silence Michael Molinos, and the followers of “Quietism … and to put an end to yet another gentle way of believing.
Seems that their "timeless" god had no concept of human rights, such as freedom of conscience.

I'm sure that can be "explained" in some mystical way.

Prince George, Canada

#502914 Dec 29, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is simple.
Jesus, Bacchus, and Chrishna are all in fact -- the same fun-loving alien beings, trying to help mankind love one another and not destroy the planet.
We know these aliens collectively as the FSM.
Ramen
Ramen has about the same back-bone as the reformed Wiccan Goddess, which is none whatsoever.

A god with GUTS orders miscreants to be put in dungeons, or to be thrown into the fire of volcanoes and other equally exciting activities.

Joy comes to those in religion from watching god-offenders suffer on earth, and thoughts of them suffering for eternity in the hereafter.

Without such thought-filled activities, religion would lose its appeal.

No joke intended!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#502915 Dec 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Duh! Maybe god's message was so awesome that it took 1 or 2 generations before mankind could even begin to put it in writing.
Maybe.
One day these false gods will not lead you from the truth. There is no sacred dogma. Only IT.
Ramen
I suggest you research your facts about God. The sites and artifacts that been left behind prove the existence of God if you think to research the truth in what you are saying.

Now you go on with your alien joking and making a fool of yourself... and the rest of us will just ignore your stupidity.

Prince George, Canada

#502916 Dec 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Seems that their "timeless" god had no concept of human rights, such as freedom of conscience.
I'm sure that can be "explained" in some mystical way.
Freedom of Conscience??? concerning that concept, I suggest that Mark Twain might have stated "What a quaint idea."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min WasteWater 106,612
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Catcher1 64,717
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 8 min Goats and Llamas 512
UNICORNS In the Bible 13 min Goats and Llamas 10
News ISIS buried thousands in at least 72 mass grave... 17 min Goats and Llamas 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,302
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr HipGnosis 183,222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 973,957
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 281,955
More from around the web