Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695416 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#502689 Dec 28, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope and Obama have much in common. Heavy stuff.
With the Catholics and Muslims joining as one, are Protestants safe in America today?
There is no safety, as there is no place to hide from religious right-fighters.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a Muslim turned Atheist. She lives on the edge of life in the United States as she has body-guards to protect her from being killed by the FAITHFUL servants of Allah.

Religion drives people insane!

“You're All Illegal”

Since: Dec 13

Atoka, TN

#502690 Dec 28, 2013
The idea that a God, who created man in his own image, would approve of men killing each other. Why are the religious so violent and willing to kill other men that are God's creation? They create dogma that God gives them permission and even commands to kill each other. How illogical does one have to be to buy such a bill of goods.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502691 Dec 28, 2013
Here is a man who is honest enough to admit that even if he tells lies, his followers love the lies.

I watched a program on Primetime OWN.

The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"

Here he is in person …
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502692 Dec 28, 2013
I find it so fascinating that the second coming of Jesus-preacher uses the same bible as did the anti-Semitic Catholics who compiled all the data IN the bible ... and yet he claims their words LIE to the people, while his own words tell the absolute truth.

Yet his followers don't see past his promise that they all will be saved.

He's RIGHT! His adoring followers idolize his LIES!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#502693 Dec 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooohhh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!
Merry Christmas, dear Anthony!
;)
Merry Christmas to you Regina!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#502694 Dec 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I do believe that all is connected in some sense of the word by energy. But I don't believe that a creator existed or exists to by its will "manipulate" the energy.
However ... what I believe is simply based on opinion, and the fact is ... I don't have the answers to mysteries, and that is why they remain mysteries.
June

At last! A eureka moment!!

You believe your own opinions!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#502695 Dec 28, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope said:
AnthonyMN quotes the pope, "It is true that the Muslim world is not totally mistaken when it reproaches the West of Christian tradition of moral decadence and the manipulation of human life." End quote.
It figures this pope would side with the Muslims. Manipulation of human life is a Rome specialty. Imagine a so-called church who tells the world they stand against abortion after killing millions. Rome is the king of manipulation.
AnthonyMN quotes the pope, "It is deplorable that homosexual persons have been and are the object of violent malice in speech or in action. Such treatment deserves condemnation from the church's pastors wherever it occurs." End quote.
Apparently the pope believes it is more kind to allow a homosexual to die in their sin.. This man is a low life liberal who lowers the church down to the world rather than the world back to absolute Biblical truth.
AnthonyMN quotes the pope, "“It is theologically and anthropologically important for woman to be at the center of Christianity. Through Mary, and the other holy women, the feminine element stands at the heart of the Christian religion.” End quote.
Really? The pope is in direct conflict with the Bible. The Word of God proclaims,“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent”(1 Timothy 2:11-12). In the church, God assigns different roles to men and women. This is a result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world (1 Timothy 2:13-14). God, through the apostle Paul, restricts women from serving in roles of teaching and/or having spiritual authority over men. This precludes women from serving as pastors over men, which definitely includes preaching to, teaching, and having spiritual authority. Maybe God was just joking!
The pope tells us through Mary the feminine element stands at the heart of Christianity. Does anyone on this forum believe Mary is the heart of Christianity. The heart of Christianity is Jesus Christ. May this pope rot in hell with his brother, satan!!!
As expected and right on queue, the pope's statements go sailing over the resident vulgarian's pointed noggin. Is it possible that you're related to Ox?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#502696 Dec 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Catholic indoctrinated IDIOT!
Within theology ... an all-knowing god would have made no promises to the Jews that he knew before-hand were going to let him down. He would have by-passed the Jews and given all his LOVE to the Catholics in the first place.
GOOD GRIEF you are a nitwit!!!
At any rate an all-knowing fair and just creator would not cotton to any specific group of religious greed-filled believers. He would say ... "If you can't get along with each other ... none of you deserve my attention and you can all go to hell!"
Religion is BUNK!
June

You might be right I am an indoctrinated idiot....I have nothing but MYSELF in the way.

But I tend to think the carrot and stick approach to teaching has merit.

And if one can only learn so much in a day, a week, or a lifetime, then why would God not take that into account?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502697 Dec 28, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
At last! A eureka moment!!
You believe your own opinions!!!
You once also idolized my Atheist opinions.

Isn't THAT a HOOT???

:)
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502698 Dec 28, 2013
I suggest that we all prefer our own lies when compared to the lies of other believers.

Hahahahahaha
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#502699 Dec 28, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
So Babylon IS code for pagan Rome after all? Umm, isn't that exactly what we've been saying?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502700 Dec 28, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
And if one can only learn so much in a day, a week, or a lifetime, then why would God not take that into account?
As long as you insist on placing faith in the existence of a god ... you will follow the mentality of the theologians ... in your case Catholic theologians.

When you were an Atheist you agreed with me that religion is based on fear. But then you switched back to Catholicism which once again, in turn, bound you into their fear-based religion.

Heaven for those who are Catholics ... and hell for those who are NOT Catholics.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502701 Dec 28, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
You might be right I am an indoctrinated idiot....I have nothing but MYSELF in the way.
But I tend to think the carrot and stick approach to teaching has merit.
You chose to leave Atheism to go back and follow the theology that you found ultra-pleasing to your emotional desires.

"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502702 Dec 28, 2013
The Jews, after they switched to their one-god dogma also preached that the only god in the sky loved THEM as his chosen few.

We can see the mess they created, when in turn, the Catholics, Muslims and Protestants wanted and demanded the whole action for their own personalized cults that they also claimed was and IS based on absolute truth.

And the bloodshed is far from being over, as Christians in Islamic countries are once again taking up arms to prove who owns the "truth."

Idiocy abounds.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502703 Dec 28, 2013
What God lacks is convictions- stability of character. He ought to be a Presbyterian or a Catholic or something- not try to be everything.

- Notebook, 1898

Mark Twain
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502704 Dec 28, 2013
If it seems too good to be true, there will always be those who will believe it is true.

Author unknown
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502705 Dec 28, 2013
God was created by evolution, inside the imagination of a primate.

Steve Fowler
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502706 Dec 28, 2013
Religion in a nutshell ...

"I know that I'm not feeling this horrible pain for no reason. There MUST BE a being out there that is punishing me for being bad. I will learn how to please this all-powerful being, and even though I will still have to suffer in this life ... I will be rewarded with eternal bliss in the next life. YES ... I have it all figured out now. I know the truth. I must worship this being and then it will in turn, love me for eternity."
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502707 Dec 28, 2013
People who accept the Bible literally have no imagination.

Joan Andre
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#502708 Dec 28, 2013
Different cultures accept different things as being right - or wrong. Keep an open mind, but once you have chosen, accept that you have made a choice and the consequences of the choice will come to you.

Joan Andre

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sad Songs That Make You Cry 2 min Cow Tipper 5
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Da da 59,380
"You Might Be A Liberal If..." 15 min truth 4
How would you know if a woman is worth it? 25 min jordanv2 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 37 min Tony 6,783
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min CIA Agent 994,034
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) 4 hr Pimpy 23
More from around the web