Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658872 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#502348 Dec 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no proof, just their imaginations are running wild.
These people "create and manufacture" history, not tell it.
Every expert comes with his or her own pre-conceived notion and interprets any bits of info they get it.
And then each of one poses as if they are last word on it.
Do you expect others to believe your TAKE from history and not their own?

We all pick and choose what satiates our emotions at any given time.

At one time I believed the authors that claimed a creator exists. Now I don't believe those authors, but rather agree with the authors that claim that no creator exists.

Protestants become Catholics. Catholics become Protestants. Muslims become Christians and Christians become Muslims, et cetera.

Belief is fickle, and I suggest that is why it should never claim to be based on absolute truth.

Quesnel, Canada

#502349 Dec 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If Abraham was a "Created" figure.....then there is no discussion.
How could Polytheism be the "natural" state of human civlization?
It is more logical to believe that things started with Monotheism and then were diluted down to polytheism.
That is why we see prophets of God bringing back people from polytheism to monotheism, the religion of their forefather.
In EVERY religion, there is ultimately One God.
Whether it is polytheism or monotheism, religion is based on imagination. Men made up stories of gods and goddesses ... what the gods and goddesses thought and what they did and what they will do in hereafters. And the people believed that the stories were true.

Little children (until being taught otherwise) are certain that Santa is real.

Humans in religion simply haven't gone beyond religious myths in the same way they went beyond the Santa-Claus myth.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#502350 Dec 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But polytheism in Judaism came BEFORE monotheism.
The Semitic
.from.SHEM people were pluralistic
After Abraham.was,called by GOD to.worship only Him...And be circumcised.
THRY were TO.BE MONOTHEISTIC...worship the,God of Abraham ..ONE GOD,...
DID,some,stray d own the line ...yes,..But the JEWS were,Jews,because,they worshipped ONLU
ONE GOD ....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#502351 Dec 25, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thieves are a dime a dozen, son.
I know it is dark under that rock, so the next time you come out to hiss, read the following before crawling back under said rock.......

Copyrighted works on the Net include news stories, software, novels, screenplays, graphics, pictures, and even email. In fact, the frightening reality is that the vast majority of the items on the Net are protected by copyright law.

However, there are a lot of works on the Net that are in the public domain. The Public Domain is that repository of all works that for whatever reason are not protected by copyright. As such, they are free for all to use without permission. Works in the Public Domain include works with the following characteristics:These are items that by their very nature are not eligible for copyright protection. These items include: Ideas and Facts...

Location hidden

#502352 Dec 25, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
The stories in the Apocryphal books are extra biblical, fanciful and clearly pure fiction. For example the story of Bel and the Dragon is clearly a fairy tale. The tale says that a pagan priest of Bel tried to deceive Daniel by using a trap door to consume food left for the idol Bel. This pagan priest was seeking to convince Daniel that Bel was a real god who ate and drank everyday. Another fanciful tale relates that Daniel was miraculously fed by the prophet Habakkuk, who was caught up by an angel in Judea, and taken to help Daniel in the lion's den in Babylon. Daniel lived hundreds of years before this spurious book titled "Bel and the Dragon" was written.

Another such tale is found in Tobit. Tobit, a blind father who supposedly lived in Nineveh, sends his son Tobias on a journey to collect a debt. On a journey Tobias is led by an angel in disguise named Raphael. The angel leads him to the house of a virgin who had been married seven times, but whose husbands were all slain by a demon on their wedding night. Tobias marries the girl and drives away the demon by burning the heart of a certain fish in the bedroom, with the help of Raphael. He returns home with the money and his bride, and then heals his father's eyes with the fish's gall.

Some of the teachings in these books are colored and some are immoral. In Judith 9:10,13, it says that God, assisted Judith in the telling of lies. The Apocryphal books of Ecclesiasticus and Wisdom teach that morality is based on expedience. In other words, according to these books it is right to sin in some situations.

The Book of Wisdom 11:17 teaches that God made the universe out of pre-existing matter instead of "ex nihilo" (out of nothing) as Genesis 1:1-2, John 1:1-3 and Hebrews 11:3 plainly state.

mo later
truth

Perth, Australia

#502353 Dec 25, 2013
don't be liar
moses law

your Creator promise to abraham
as send in ocean..inhabitant will fullfil this planet
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee
but with only one things
gift
its woman

o woeeeeeeeeeee to man
who say that
not me
Holy Scripture
Why Abraham stay under curse of law=proklestvo
Is Abraham man?

woeeeeeeeee to man
who say
Holy Scripture!

now

Your law is not my law
I am not going where you going.

Are you remember who say that?
'I am going where you can't go'
truth

Perth, Australia

#502354 Dec 25, 2013
never look in appirence

they say cloth make people looks worthy

i say to you

mind as spiritual are so deep make you wise
truth

Perth, Australia

#502355 Dec 25, 2013
in matrix is so long evil and presence of others which not belong place for them
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

accusers is always accusers
truth

Perth, Australia

#502356 Dec 25, 2013
real Creator presence are so long ago decived and posess
truth

Perth, Australia

#502357 Dec 25, 2013
copy law
see
your law is not my law
how many people stay under camera today
what law say

how they going be protected from maker of money spy thiefs killing too..is your indification safe..how many others make similar face or decived and posess place

is that crme

yes it issssssssssssssssss

evil is ei

lucifer is smart
but fall
why fall

byyyyyyyyyyyyyy
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#502358 Dec 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't believe in evil. But if I did believe in the existence of evil, I would believe that it is evil to entertain a thought that souls will end up in hellish existences in an afterlife.
I want to think good thoughts of others ... and I will. I wish all others peace, as that is what I want for me.
The existence of Evil also means the existence of Truth!!

How can one exist without the other?

What is evil? Negation of truth!!

That is why religious history of every religion has this concept. Now how could religions separated from each other by time and geography and language barrier, could have these common thoughts?

Unless of course that they got info from the SAME source?

But our "Modern day Scholars" instead of finding the truth and commonalities, pay most attention on differences and try to show as if NOTHING is common between these religions.

They MISUSE their knowledge and intelligence to mislead people who do not have access to this knowledge.

It is always the case, the people with knowledge and power, trying to mislead the common people.
truth

Perth, Australia

#502359 Dec 26, 2013
we lived in most evil way in this 21 century

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

its exist much more smart inteligence

asked

we don't need to much things on this planet
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502360 Dec 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The stories in the Apocryphal books are extra biblical, fanciful and clearly pure fiction. For example the story of Bel and the Dragon is clearly a fairy tale. The tale says that a pagan priest of Bel tried to deceive Daniel by using a trap door to consume food left for the idol Bel. This pagan priest was seeking to convince Daniel that Bel was a real god who ate and drank everyday. Another fanciful tale relates that Daniel was miraculously fed by the prophet Habakkuk, who was caught up by an angel in Judea, and taken to help Daniel in the lion's den in Babylon. Daniel lived hundreds of years before this spurious book titled "Bel and the Dragon" was written.
Another such tale is found in Tobit. Tobit, a blind father who supposedly lived in Nineveh, sends his son Tobias on a journey to collect a debt. On a journey Tobias is led by an angel in disguise named Raphael. The angel leads him to the house of a virgin who had been married seven times, but whose husbands were all slain by a demon on their wedding night. Tobias marries the girl and drives away the demon by burning the heart of a certain fish in the bedroom, with the help of Raphael. He returns home with the money and his bride, and then heals his father's eyes with the fish's gall.
Some of the teachings in these books are colored and some are immoral. In Judith 9:10,13, it says that God, assisted Judith in the telling of lies. The Apocryphal books of Ecclesiasticus and Wisdom teach that morality is based on expedience. In other words, according to these books it is right to sin in some situations.
The Book of Wisdom 11:17 teaches that God made the universe out of pre-existing matter instead of "ex nihilo" (out of nothing) as Genesis 1:1-2, John 1:1-3 and Hebrews 11:3 plainly state.
mo later
More form the thief.

Location hidden

#502361 Dec 26, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
More form the thief.

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
5 hrs ago

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>

I know it is dark under that rock, so the next time you come out to hiss, read the following before crawling back under said rock.......

Copyrighted works on the Net include news stories, software, novels, screenplays, graphics, pictures, and even email. In fact, the frightening reality is that the vast majority of the items on the Net are protected by copyright law.

However, there are a lot of works on the Net that are in the public domain. The Public Domain is that repository of all works that for whatever reason are not protected by copyright. As such, they are free for all to use without permission. Works in the Public Domain include works with the following characteristics:These are items that by their very nature are not eligible for copyright protection. These items include: Ideas and Facts...

Prince George, Canada

#502362 Dec 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Semitic
.from.SHEM people were pluralistic
After Abraham.was,called by GOD to.worship only Him...And be circumcised.
THRY were TO.BE MONOTHEISTIC...worship the,God of Abraham ..ONE GOD,...
DID,some,stray d own the line ...yes,..But the JEWS were,Jews,because,they worshipped ONLU
ONE GOD ....
If you believe that PART of the Jewish theology is based on truth, why don't you believe that the Jews of the one-god dogma are the god's CHOSEN FEW???

You want to ignore THAT part of their theology, to in turn believe that YOU as a Catholic became the god's chosen ... when "he" turned AGAINST the Jews ... and THAT is Catholic theology ... NOT Jewish theology.

Do you SEE the games you are playing in your own mind???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#502363 Dec 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
mo later
Thanks,for the info..was,wondering on some of these why they were,out ..in ..o it in for some .

I have heard there were also stories,floating around about a,super boy like young Jesus,..

Though we don't know if anything happened unusual in His,childhood ..pretty sure He,was not flying around ...

Prince George, Canada

#502364 Dec 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The stories in the Apocryphal books are extra biblical, fanciful and clearly pure fiction.
As are all the biblical stories based on fanciful imaginings and are clearly pure fiction.

You are determined to believe that the imaginings of your theologians are real, and the imaginings of other theologians are false.

And that is religion in a nutshell.

Do you honestly believe that without slight of hand a magician could turn water into wine???

Only the mentality of uneducated humans would believe such ridiculous nonsense.

Those theologians of old could get away with talking snakes and other silly tales ... but I suggest it's time for humans to go beyond such silliness and realize that religion is based on mythological bunk.

Prince George, Canada

#502365 Dec 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,for the info..was,wondering on some of these why they were,out ..in ..o it in for some .
I have heard there were also stories,floating around about a,super boy like young Jesus,..
Though we don't know if anything happened unusual in His,childhood ..pretty sure He,was not flying around ...
Creating new fantasies was and is how theologians earned/earn their money.

Gerald Gardner of Wicca claimed that witches (informed him) that that they could bring down the love of the goddess from the moon. So, women and men of this modern era are carrying out those fantasies as the theologian Gerald DIRECTED.

It doesn't take much effort to get a new religious movement started.

Prince George, Canada

#502366 Dec 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thieves are a dime a dozen
YUP! The Catholics proved that, when they claimed that the god of the Jews turned "his" back ON the Jews to favor ONLY the Catholics as his new chosen ones and then added the ultra-flamboyant story that a Jew named Jesus SIDED WITH THE CATHOLICS.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Prince George, Canada

#502367 Dec 26, 2013
Can't ya just picture an ex-Jewish Rabbi standing among the Catholics, preaching ... "I used to be king of the the Jews, but I now am a Roman Catholic, and I encourage all people on earth to practice ONLY Catholicism as the one and only truth in the universe."

Now I suggest you picture pope Francis preaching ... "I used to be a leader of the Catholic religion, but now I encourage all humans on earth to join up with the Protestants as THEY have the only true religion in the whole universe."

Imagination can take people on trips without having to leave the farm!

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Thinking 71,034
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Gabriel 974,809
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 13 min Johnny 5,048
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 15 min InsaneTrumpPosse 252
Blacks need to be deported NOW! (Oct '10) 29 min Doctor Jekyl 156
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 46 min GAME OVER 445,534
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 283,003
More from around the web