Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#502226 Dec 24, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Cly. Yes, the Roman Catholic church is failing miserable. It is good you finally see the unrestrained perversion and have left Rome.
True Christianity is waiting to embrace you and the rest of the Roman Catholic's on this forum as well as all Roman Catholic's everywhere.
We Christians say Merry CHRISTmas. Roman Catholic's say MARY christMASS. Do you see the difference OldCly?
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Roman Roman Roman. Oldjeep, you don't have a clue what the title "Roman Catholic" means.
Roman Catholic...a church of which the pope, or bishop of Rome, is the supreme head.

Christian church.....a body of believers of which Christ is the head.

OldCly, do you see the difference. You are Roman not Christian.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#502227 Dec 24, 2013
What a lot of ridiculous time and energy spent on creating yet more and more lies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The KJV team was told in the first rule of their translation charter to follow the Bishops’ Bible where truth would permit, and they were free to seek out more accurate renderings when they saw a discrepancy. But with 6 translation companies, about 50 contributors, 3 separate work sites, almost 800,000 words, 6 years or so of notes, working in 8 languages, with a little Chaldean and Aramaic, and conducting all correspondence among themselves in Latin, spelling of words may seem to lose a little sense.

http://unfailingword.com/2012/12/14/investiga...
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#502228 Dec 24, 2013
To-night there are people in Canada and the USA, without heat and hydro. Please remember to pray for them.

Thank you.

Kitwanga, Canada

#502229 Dec 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
In one of Engle's letters, he said he believed that that the capitalist ruling class in the USA would never allow the fairness and equality of communism and that even getting the simplest if human rights for workers would be a hard and bloody right to win in the USA.
Almost 200 years later he is still right.
People are (on average) are too greedy and too lazy to make a commune-type of system work.

Kitwanga, Canada

#502230 Dec 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Very rare in most religions.
You don't spot the lies in your religious beliefs either. People who like to preach, don't want to see that their own preaching could possibly have any blemishes.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#502231 Dec 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't you think by now that ONE religion would have a KNOCK OUT PUNCH or SMOKING GUN of truth that would dissolve all the other beliefs and everyone would be under one umbrella of truth?
42,001 christian doctrines alone, not counting all the other religions.
They do, but still deny Him as the scriptures predicted. What is really funny is that you are here agreeing with Vanderkamp. LOL

Kitwanga, Canada

#502232 Dec 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
To-night there are people in Canada and the USA, without heat and hydro. Please remember to pray for them.
Thank you.
WHY??? Do you underestimate that if a god exists, it couldn't correct the problems without being begged for help???

Ridiculous!!!

I suggest sending warm and caring thoughts directly to the people who are suffering. That way the energy of the thoughts "might" do some good.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#502234 Dec 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran contains 6666 verse, what about "rest" 6559 verses that DO NOT talk about fighting with Non Muslims?
And do you know How many fighting verses are in your First Six books of Bible?
How come they made Jews and Christians Not a fighting race?
What sort of logic you people have?
I agree, the quran is the 666 book. What part of the memo that islam is peace doesn't get through to the flock? The acts of violence and terrorism did not just disappear with the death of the Prophet but was redoubled by his immediate successors; namely, Abu Bakr, Omar and Othman et al. who were Muhammad’s closest friends. By the time of third Caliph Othman’s rule, all remaining Jews and Christians of the entire Arabian Peninsula were forcibly converted, expelled or slain, which fulfilled Prophet’s death-bed wish that no second religion remain in the holy land of Arabia.

Immediately after Muhammad’s death, many Muslims who were forced to accept Islam wanted to leave Islam. Prophet’s first biographer, ibn Ishak writes,“When the apostle was dead, most of the Muslims thought of withdrawing from Islam and had made up their mind to do”. Many tribes rose in rejection of Islam, turned to their tribal leaders and refused to pay taxes. The immediate task of the first Caliph, Abu Bakr, was to bring these fierce and intractable tribes into submission. Under the command of fierce Khalid ibn Walid, a bitter and sanguinary battle, termed the Wars of the Apostasy (Ridda) followed. The revolt was cruelly suppressed and the recalcitrant tribes were forced back to the fold of Islam.

The fanaticism and barbarity associated with these conquering expeditions need a sampling here. The kind of fierce intolerance and fanaticism being inspired by Prophet Muhammad amongst his followers have no parallel in the annals of any other religion. Under his command, his followers were ready to kill even their own fathers and brothers, if given approval by the Prophet.

Kitwanga, Canada

#502235 Dec 24, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Roman Catholic church is failing miserable.
Yet you don't see that your Protestant church is also a failure.

Bragging to know truth by guess-work can only fail of its own accord, as liars will ultimately be exposed.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#502236 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When lies are in plain view, your conscience should activate to in turn not only spot the lies, but ADMIT that the lies exist.
And a merry Christmas or (non-existent) holiday of lies to you and yours too June!

Kitwanga, Canada

#502237 Dec 24, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>They do, but still deny Him as the scriptures predicted. What is really funny is that you are here agreeing with Vanderkamp. LOL
You claim that all other religions are wrong but yours. I just add yours to the milieu to make the WHOLE package out to be based on nothing but guess-work.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#502238 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY??? Do you underestimate that if a god exists, it couldn't correct the problems without being begged for help???
Ridiculous!!!
I suggest sending warm and caring thoughts directly to the people who are suffering. That way the energy of the thoughts "might" do some good.
Yes June.
You may fill their spirits with 'energy of thoughts' but their homes will remain cold and their bellies will remain empty.

You really are something at times.

Kitwanga, Canada

#502239 Dec 24, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, the quran is the 666 book.
Superstition always goes to the darkest places of the mind of fear-filled believers ... grasps at evil images and points OUTWARD! Christianity stole the number 666 from religion that came long before Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

She led him to a nearby museum where she showed him a seventh-century BCE mortuary stele known as the Stele of Ankh-ef-en-Khonsu (Crowley later termed it the "Stele of Revealing"); Crowley was astounded, for the exhibit's number was 666, the number of the beast in Christian belief.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#502240 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church-fathers claimed that the god that used to love the Jews "transferred" his love away from the Jews and gave it all to the Catholics. And in turn, because they "wanted" to believe it was true ... other Catholics took it for granted that the Catholic church-fathers told the whole truth and nothing BUT the truth.
Just as you don't want to see the lies, other Catholics didn't want to see the lies ... even though the lies are in plain sight.
Common sense mythology should tell you that a god would not change his MIND in mid-stream, by claiming to love one group only, to then love another group and disown the first group of believers.
Religion is BUNK!
First, I'm not a Catholic, not even a Christian.

According to you, if I recall correctly, I've been a Catholic, a Protestant, and a Gnostic.

If you need to lie, you got nothing, goofy.

Second, there were no Catholics when the Jesus movement became Hellenized.

Third, it was a self-proclaimed Jew, Paul, who was most instrumental in Hellenizing the movement, at least from the surviving records.

Would you deny a Jew from sharing his myth?

Seems to me, he was free to do as he pleased with it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502241 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People are (on average) are too greedy and too lazy to make a commune-type of system work.
Everyone thinks that someday they will be the ones on top.

The same mentality that causes some of the poor to throw away far too much of their meager earnings on lottery tickets.

Stockholm Syndrome is quite common. It is the basis for most Governments.

Kitwanga, Canada

#502243 Dec 24, 2013
The Catholic church-fathers vilified everything Jewish, twisting meanings at every turn.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Ask the Rabbi

666 is six repeated three times. Repeating a concept three times represents the affirmation and strength of that concept. The number 666 could thus represent the strength and perfection of the physical world, which Judaism teaches will occur in the messianic era, when the physical world will reach its ultimate purpose, to be a vehicle through which the created experience the Creator.

http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/277/Q1/

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502244 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't spot the lies in your religious beliefs either. People who like to preach, don't want to see that their own preaching could possibly have any blemishes.
I fully admit that my spiritual beliefs are merely hypothetical and probably wrong. I am sane enough to know the difference between belief and fact.

"These things I believe, I believe with all my heart. However when met with valid evidence to the contrary, I will change mt beliefs in an instant." - Tolstoy (I think)

Kitwanga, Canada

#502245 Dec 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone thinks that someday they will be the ones on top.
The same mentality that causes some of the poor to throw away far too much of their meager earnings on lottery tickets.
Stockholm Syndrome is quite common. It is the basis for most Governments.
We are ALL selfish, and that means ALL ... not just some!

Observe the humans in religion that are totally greedy for bliss in a supposed afterlife ... and you will understand why systems of government on earth have difficulty to function.

Kitwanga, Canada

#502246 Dec 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully admit that my spiritual beliefs are merely hypothetical and probably wrong. I am sane enough to know the difference between belief and fact.
"These things I believe, I believe with all my heart. However when met with valid evidence to the contrary, I will change mt beliefs in an instant." - Tolstoy (I think)
If you admit that your beliefs are simply beliefs, then your religious beliefs can't BE superior to the religious beliefs of others, as beliefs are simply guess-work.

Kitwanga, Canada

#502247 Dec 24, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Yes June.
You may fill their spirits with 'energy of thoughts' but their homes will remain cold and their bellies will remain empty.
You really are something at times.
Then you and the missing god fill their stomachs with food, and their homes with heat. I don't have a magic wand.

I suggest that if a god existed, there would BE no suffering.

But you will play the fool's game and pretend that YOU have answers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 6 min Buck Crick 225
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 15 min Joe Fortuna 619
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 18 min gundee123 1,243
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Joe Fortuna 88,296
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min RiversideRedneck 977,411
Drake obsession with Doris Burke same stupid stuff 28 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min X Pendable 184,765
The Future of Politics in America 6 hr Buck Crick 270
More from around the web