Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670430 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#502184 Dec 24, 2013
Beware of words—they are dangerous things. They can change colour like the chameleon, and they return like a boomerang.

Sir William Osler
Golk dom

Topsfield, MA

#502185 Dec 24, 2013
Yeah
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502186 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When confession was a public affair ... do you believe that a molester of children would confess such behavior to a crowd of people???
There was a reason they made the confessional a private affair between a priest and a supposed "repentant sinner." The priest,(sing the Jesus-myth as a scapegoat) could absolve (for a price) the repentant sinner of the sin ... until the next confession.
The priest in the following story, left the Catholic religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following.
It is natural, after this picture, to inquire if Catholic priests go themselves to confession, and if they avow all their crimes; to this I answer,-They are obliged to go to confession every fortnight, or at least once in three weeks, because their Superiors make inquiries about that point very carefully; and it is an eminent recommendation to the Superiors to apply often and to the celebrated confessors. Many of the priests make their whole faith to consist in efficaciousness to the confession, and they avow all their crimes to their confessor the same day in which they commit them. They believe firmly, that because a man whom they know as vicious as themselves has pronounced upon their head those words “Ego te absolvo,”—“I absolve thee,” in extending their hand, they believe their sins all blotted out, their conscience whitened and pure, and on the same evening they renew again the same crimes.
A priest says..........It is natural, after this picture, to inquire if Catholic priests go themselves to confession, and if they avow all their crimes; to this I answer,-They are obliged to go to confession every fortnight, or at least once in three weeks, because their Superiors make inquiries about that point very carefully; and it is an eminent recommendation to the Superiors to apply often and to the celebrated confessors. Many of the priests make their whole faith to consist in efficaciousness to the confession, and they avow all their crimes to their confessor the same day in which they commit them.

Michael says......

I am sure priests/bishops go to confession but I am sure they don't name any individual sin they have committed. Its just a blanket statement they would make otherwise the priest hearing the confession would instruct the lieing and deceiving, and coverup priests and bishops to stop their sinning immediately..........but we all know that many have been lieing, deceiving, and covering up these sins for many many years.

Therefore clergy going to confession is just a wasted effort.

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502187 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, everybody who disagrees with you is a fanatical idiot.
If you don't believe that I will suffer in hell for rejecting Jesus as my savior ... you are not Catholic.
....If catholics/christians truly believe rejecting Jesus is wrong and a ticket to hell, then I guess they believe Jews will be on that train to hell. Imagine little jewish boys/girls being taught by their parents everything that is wrong and willingly sending their children to a future of fire, agony, pain, suffering, for ever and ever! because God says you were born by chance into the wrong belief.

....Remember! Jews had God in their hearts centuries before christianity evolved, then they stole God for themselves.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#502188 Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas everyone.

Stille Nacht:

Enjoy.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502189 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week when you brought this up I stated that I was ashamed of the Archdiocese here in MN. I said that I was glad the media is blowing it up because that's the only way the truth can come not and we can weed these bums out of the Church. I noticed on that day you didn't acknowledge my criticism and concern for the victims.....so I said it again to you later. Again, no response. You completely ignored it. Now today you falsely accuse me of not standing up for the victims. You're a loser Mike. The CC ain't going away. They'll only become stronger after fanatics like you are done chewing them up. You'll die and so will the unworthy clergy. The Church is already better as a result of all of this. That makes your blood boil as you frantically search the web trying to recycled old dirt.
Makes me smile on this Christmas as I know I'm a member of the Church that Jesus Christ started and you, June, Confrint, Preston, and oldjeep are failing miserably trying to topple it.
I was off line for 4 days with a terrible flu and now you are mad because I didn't get out of bed to respond to you!

When I came back on line I did not go back 4 days and read the posts.

If you did post this to me as you state, then my sincere apology.

----------

....Church leaders are in the business of teaching good morality and justice, and they stand up in the pulpit every sunday reminding catholics like you Liam how you should be living your life, yet so many of the clergy have been committing worse sins, then you will ever commit. THAT BOILS MY BLOOD!

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502190 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week when you brought this up I stated that I was ashamed of the Archdiocese here in MN. I said that I was glad the media is blowing it up because that's the only way the truth can come not and we can weed these bums out of the Church. I noticed on that day you didn't acknowledge my criticism and concern for the victims.....so I said it again to you later. Again, no response. You completely ignored it. Now today you falsely accuse me of not standing up for the victims. You're a loser Mike. The CC ain't going away. They'll only become stronger after fanatics like you are done chewing them up. You'll die and so will the unworthy clergy. The Church is already better as a result of all of this. That makes your blood boil as you frantically search the web trying to recycled old dirt.
Makes me smile on this Christmas as I know I'm a member of the Church that Jesus Christ started and you, June, Confrint, Preston, and oldjeep are failing miserably trying to topple it.
You belong to that arch-diocese. Write to your bishop or parish priest and express your views to them that you are deeply disgusted with what has been happening. You would write to your congressman, or mayor or councillor if something wasn't right, but you and the rest of the catholics in the diocese FEAR to write to the ones who have caused REAL pain in your community.

Do you want me to write to the arch-diocese and express my views of what I have learned the last few months? I will do that. How about you?

SILENCE!!

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502191 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
And yes oldjeep, Merry Christ's Mass. Do you have a Mass? Well how do you celebrate Christmas then??
Why are you so down on everyone on this forum that isn't catholic?

Does it matter how anyone else celebrates christmas? Should everyone be just like you?

You post like a little child. Does your mother know you are on her computer?

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502192 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you from San Francisco??

Do you ever wonder what the HELL is going on?

..........Once a part of the Archdiocese of San Francisco, the Diocese of Oakland remains a suffragan of the ecclesiastical province of San Francisco. Its fellow suffragans include the dioceses of Honolulu, Las Vegas, Reno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Jose, Santa Rosa and Stockton.
The diocese has suffered from Catholic sex abuse cases which were brought forward by parishioners against some of its priests. From 1994 through 2009, the diocese paid $60.5 million to its victims.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#502193 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
A loser and his confederation are trying to topple your Church? On Topix?

This sounds serious.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#502195 Dec 24, 2013
God Bless one and all, and have a Merry Christmas.
Peace on Earth, Good will to all.

Kitwanga, Canada

#502196 Dec 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Remember! Jews had God in their hearts centuries before christianity evolved, then they stole God for themselves.
Stealing the love of imaginary gods for self is an ongoing bad habit of those in religion. None of them want the evil part of the gods to dwell in them however, as they want to foist the evil off on others.

:)

Kitwanga, Canada

#502197 Dec 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so down on everyone on this forum that isn't catholic?
He's defending the "thread" of Catholicism. "Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"

:)

Kitwanga, Canada

#502198 Dec 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<I am sure priests/bishops go to confession but I am sure they don't name any individual sin they have committed....
Maybe they all have different ways of perceiving that issue. Again ... words from the same ex-priest.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following………….

Other priests entertain the most vicious of habits. In the beginning of my priesthood, at the time when I dreamt only of holiness and purity, I was called to the death-bed of an old priest above seventy years of age. All the features of death were stamped on his face, he begged me to come hear his bed, and said to me—“M., I want to confess before I die. It is a long time since I received this Sacrament—I require your ministry.”“But Sir,” answered I, quite frightened at the task of disentangling an intricate conscience,“I am very young and inexperienced—my fellow priests would better suit you.” As I spoke, I saw suddenly a gleam in his dying eyes.“You are young,” said he,“it is precisely for that reason I called you. Were you older I would refuse you, for then you not be better than others. God forbid that I should die confessed by them. Be seated, Sir, and let us begin.” I had nothing to answer, and so I listened to him. Among other humans wickedness, he avowed a horrible crime, at which I could not restrain a mark of horror.“Do not shudder,” said he; “you are young, and in the course of your life, if you confess your fellow priests, you will find worse things than these.” But his reflections did not diminish my horror; I remained petrified, scarcely knowing what he said. He was obliged to recall to the formula of absolution, that I might give it to him. The crime, the circumstances, his old age, his distorted features, his death made an impression upon me which I have never been able to erase from my memory.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#502199 Dec 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I was off line for 4 days with a terrible flu and now you are mad because I didn't get out of bed to respond to you!
When I came back on line I did not go back 4 days and read the posts.

You were online all day, that day. That's why I kept looking for an acknowledgement that I stood up for the victims.
Believe me, I don't need to confront the local Archdiocese. They are doing an exceptional job at trying to stamp out the un-stampable. One case in a dozen yrs ain't too bad considering. But like our Bishop said, its still one too many. Soon our Church will be that much more holier and you'll be that much more bitter.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#502200 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
1. If your using historical inaccuracies for your measuring stick, then you'll need to remove a few more books than the deuterocanonical texts.
2. They teach doctrine that is false? Says who?.
3. Says who?
4. Not to me. I get inspired from reading Sirach and the last two chapters of Daniel. If 'feeling' good is your litmus test for inspired books, then I presume Forest Gump is in your canon?
5. No they don't.
I'm curious to know you these "non catholic authorities" are who reject the Apocrypha.
Why do biblical Christians and churches reject the Apocrypha as being inspired of God?:

1. These books existed before New Testament times, yet there is not one single quotation from the Apocrypha is in the New Testament. Jesus quoted from twenty four of the Old Testament books, and the New Testament quotes from thirty four books of the Old Testament. Introductory phrases like "it is written" or "thus says the Lord" are totally absent from the books and therefore the books themselves do not claim to be inspired of God.

The books of 1st and 2nd Maccabees have historical significance, but when they are compared to the Bible they shown to not be the inspired Word of God. Even though they have some historical value these books are clouded by the contradictions found in their text. For example, in 1st and 2nd Maccabees, Antiochus Epiphanes is made to die three different deaths in as many different places.

2. Although some of the early church fathers quoted from these writings, and even accepted them as inspired, this does not mean they were inspired. The majority of the early church writers rejected these books as being inspired. Clearly in the Second Century and afterward there were many false teachers and heretics. It is important to know that Jesus nor any of the Apostles quoted from or mention any of these books.

mo later
truth

Kardinya, Australia

#502201 Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas
truth

Kardinya, Australia

#502202 Dec 24, 2013
remember todat is family day
holy family day
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
as you see Father Mother and child
as you see Sun moon star
as you see atom proton neutron

its first unity
there control yourself within your cell..its your family

God left like that= 3x mother father child.

Peace be with you all who going in church or not.

Columbus, OH

#502203 Dec 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do biblical Christians and churches reject the Apocrypha as being inspired of God?:
1. These books existed before New Testament times, yet there is not one single quotation from the Apocrypha is in the New Testament. Jesus quoted from twenty four of the Old Testament books, and the New Testament quotes from thirty four books of the Old Testament. Introductory phrases like "it is written" or "thus says the Lord" are totally absent from the books and therefore the books themselves do not claim to be inspired of God.
The books of 1st and 2nd Maccabees have historical significance, but when they are compared to the Bible they shown to not be the inspired Word of God. Even though they have some historical value these books are clouded by the contradictions found in their text. For example, in 1st and 2nd Maccabees, Antiochus Epiphanes is made to die three different deaths in as many different places.
2. Although some of the early church fathers quoted from these writings, and even accepted them as inspired, this does not mean they were inspired. The majority of the early church writers rejected these books as being inspired. Clearly in the Second Century and afterward there were many false teachers and heretics. It is important to know that Jesus nor any of the Apostles quoted from or mention any of these books.
mo later
You're not only a thief:

http://bible-truth.org/Apocrypha.html

You're a dimwit.

Try thinking and posting for yourself.

Or at least steal from quality sources.

Columbus, OH

#502204 Dec 24, 2013
truth wrote:
Merry Christmas
Back at you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 58
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr lightbeamrider 4,034
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Johnnys girl 100,755
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Jehowa Witness 619,365
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr another viewer 980,229
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Shiralee 445,659
___*Antichrist, Global SIGNS, Forewarnings___ 4 hr YTube2017News 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,457
More from around the web