Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690311 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#502171 Dec 24, 2013
justforCatholics.org

The Catechism of the Catholic Church admits that private confession first came on the scene in the seventh century:

“Over the centuries the concrete form in which the Church has exercised this power received from the Lord has varied considerably. During the first centuries the reconciliation of Christians who had committed particularly grave sins after their Baptism (for example, idolatry, murder, or adultery) was tied to a very rigorous discipline, according to which penitents had to do public penance for their sins, often for years, before receiving reconciliation. To this ‘order of penitents’(which concerned only certain grave sins), one was only rarely admitted and in certain regions only once in a lifetime. During the seventh century Irish missionaries, inspired by the Eastern monastic tradition, took to continental Europe the ‘private’ practice of penance, which does not require public and prolonged completion of penitential works before reconciliation with the Church. From that time on, the sacrament has been performed in secret between penitent and priest. This new practice envisioned the possibility of repetition and so opened the way to a regular frequenting of this sacrament. It allowed the forgiveness of grave sins and venial sins to be integrated into one sacramental celebration. In its main lines this is the form of penance that the Church has practiced down to our day”(Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 1447).
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502172 Dec 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says..........Why are you worrying about an Archdiocese a thousand miles away in another country.
Michael says...Don't you worry your little self, Liam...... but shouldn't you show concern and disgust, instead of grasping at some straw man defense all the time?
....The news of this story has been in all the media in america, in Canada and right around the world. We didn't create these stories, your church leaders did. You and others in the arch-diocese should be taking it up with them..........BUT YOU WON'T. Its easier to blame someone else.
....Let us pray!
Last week when you brought this up I stated that I was ashamed of the Archdiocese here in MN. I said that I was glad the media is blowing it up because that's the only way the truth can come not and we can weed these bums out of the Church. I noticed on that day you didn't acknowledge my criticism and concern for the victims.....so I said it again to you later. Again, no response. You completely ignored it. Now today you falsely accuse me of not standing up for the victims. You're a loser Mike. The CC ain't going away. They'll only become stronger after fanatics like you are done chewing them up. You'll die and so will the unworthy clergy. The Church is already better as a result of all of this. That makes your blood boil as you frantically search the web trying to recycled old dirt.
Makes me smile on this Christmas as I know I'm a member of the Church that Jesus Christ started and you, June, Confrint, Preston, and oldjeep are failing miserably trying to topple it.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502173 Dec 24, 2013
If they pulled this stuff on modern Catholics, I suggest the church would fall from lack of "penitents."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following…….

The gates of reconciliation and of heaven were seldom shut against the returning penitent; but a severe and solemn form of discipline was instituted, which, while it served to expiate his crime, might powerfully deter the spectators from the imitation of his example. Humbled by a public confession, emaciated by fasting, and clothed in sackcloth, the penitent lay prostrate at the door of the assembly, imploring with tears the pardon of his offences, and soliciting the prayers of the faithful. If the fault was of a very heinous nature, whole years of penance were esteemed an inadequate satisfaction to the Divine justice; and it was always by slow and painful gradations that the sinner, the heretic, or the apostate was readmitted to the bosom of the church.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#502174 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week when you brought this up I stated that I was ashamed of the Archdiocese here in MN. I said that I was glad the media is blowing it up because that's the only way the truth can come not and we can weed these bums out of the Church. I noticed on that day you didn't acknowledge my criticism and concern for the victims.....so I said it again to you later. Again, no response. You completely ignored it. Now today you falsely accuse me of not standing up for the victims. You're a loser Mike. The CC ain't going away. They'll only become stronger after fanatics like you are done chewing them up. You'll die and so will the unworthy clergy. The Church is already better as a result of all of this. That makes your blood boil as you frantically search the web trying to recycled old dirt.
Makes me smile on this Christmas as I know I'm a member of the Church that Jesus Christ started and you, June, Confrint, Preston, and oldjeep are failing miserably trying to topple it.
Thank you Cly. Yes, the Roman Catholic church is failing miserable. It is good you finally see the unrestrained perversion and have left Rome.

True Christianity is waiting to embrace you and the rest of the Roman Catholic's on this forum as well as all Roman Catholic's everywhere.

We Christians say Merry CHRISTmas. Roman Catholic's say MARY christMASS. Do you see the difference OldCly?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502175 Dec 24, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Cly. Yes, the Roman Catholic church is failing miserable. It is good you finally see the unrestrained perversion and have left Rome.
True Christianity is waiting to embrace you and the rest of the Roman Catholic's on this forum as well as all Roman Catholic's everywhere.
We Christians say Merry CHRISTmas. Roman Catholic's say MARY christMASS. Do you see the difference OldCly?
Roman Roman Roman Roman. Oldjeep, you don't have a clue what the title "Roman Catholic" means.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502176 Dec 24, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Cly. Yes, the Roman Catholic church is failing miserable.
Protestants plagiarized words from the Catholic authorized new testament, and for that you are PROUD!
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502177 Dec 24, 2013
And yes oldjeep, Merry Christ's Mass. Do you have a Mass? Well how do you celebrate Christmas then??
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502178 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes me smile on this Christmas as I know I'm a member of the Church that Jesus Christ started
How pathetic you are in your quest to persuade others that a divine deity perceives YOU as being special.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502179 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
justforCatholics.org
The Catechism of the Catholic Church admits that private confession first came on the scene in the seventh century:
“Over the centuries the concrete form in which the Church has exercised this power received from the Lord has varied considerably. During the first centuries the reconciliation of Christians who had committed particularly grave sins after their Baptism (for example, idolatry, murder, or adultery) was tied to a very rigorous discipline, according to which penitents had to do public penance for their sins, often for years, before receiving reconciliation. To this ‘order of penitents’(which concerned only certain grave sins), one was only rarely admitted and in certain regions only once in a lifetime. During the seventh century Irish missionaries, inspired by the Eastern monastic tradition, took to continental Europe the ‘private’ practice of penance, which does not require public and prolonged completion of penitential works before reconciliation with the Church. From that time on, the sacrament has been performed in secret between penitent and priest. This new practice envisioned the possibility of repetition and so opened the way to a regular frequenting of this sacrament. It allowed the forgiveness of grave sins and venial sins to be integrated into one sacramental celebration. In its main lines this is the form of penance that the Church has practiced down to our day”(Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 1447).
JustforCatholics.com ?? lol. That guys a fanatical idiot. I sent him an email awhile ago too. I'm surprised you'd team up with someone who boasts that June is going to suffer in hell for eternity.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502180 Dec 24, 2013
Top Ten Signs You’re a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and “dehumanized” when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the “atrocities” attributed to Allah, but you don’t even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in “Exodus” and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in “Joshua” including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs—though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most “tolerant” and “loving.”

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in “tongues” may be all the evidence you need to “prove” Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a “high success rate” when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502181 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Roman Roman Roman. Oldjeep, you don't have a clue what the title "Roman Catholic" means.
The word Catholic in its earlier sense, simply meant "universal." But then it was plagiarized by the church-fathers to mean the one and only universal "religion."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Catholic Encyclopedia

Catholic

The word Catholic (katholikos from katholou -- throughout the whole, i.e., universal) occurs in the Greek classics, e.g., in Aristotle and Polybius, and was freely used by the earlier Christian writers in what we may call its primitive and non-ecclesiastical sense.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502182 Dec 24, 2013
Catholic church-father ... "How dare you disrespect our Lord and Savior Jesus, by not believing in HIM?"

Jew ... "According to you, he no longer loves the Jews or Judaism ... so how do EXPECT me to believe he is the Jewish messiah?''

Catholic church father ... "Because we told you it is true!"

Jew ... Does that mean I am not allowed to disagree with you?"

Catholic church-father ... "Not if you want to live."
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502183 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
JustforCatholics.com ?? lol. That guys a fanatical idiot. I sent him an email awhile ago too. I'm surprised you'd team up with someone who boasts that June is going to suffer in hell for eternity.
According to you, everybody who disagrees with you is a fanatical idiot.

If you don't believe that I will suffer in hell for rejecting Jesus as my savior ... you are not Catholic.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502184 Dec 24, 2013
Beware of words—they are dangerous things. They can change colour like the chameleon, and they return like a boomerang.

Sir William Osler
Golk dom

Topsfield, MA

#502185 Dec 24, 2013
Yeah
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502186 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When confession was a public affair ... do you believe that a molester of children would confess such behavior to a crowd of people???
There was a reason they made the confessional a private affair between a priest and a supposed "repentant sinner." The priest,(sing the Jesus-myth as a scapegoat) could absolve (for a price) the repentant sinner of the sin ... until the next confession.
The priest in the following story, left the Catholic religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following.
It is natural, after this picture, to inquire if Catholic priests go themselves to confession, and if they avow all their crimes; to this I answer,-They are obliged to go to confession every fortnight, or at least once in three weeks, because their Superiors make inquiries about that point very carefully; and it is an eminent recommendation to the Superiors to apply often and to the celebrated confessors. Many of the priests make their whole faith to consist in efficaciousness to the confession, and they avow all their crimes to their confessor the same day in which they commit them. They believe firmly, that because a man whom they know as vicious as themselves has pronounced upon their head those words “Ego te absolvo,”—“I absolve thee,” in extending their hand, they believe their sins all blotted out, their conscience whitened and pure, and on the same evening they renew again the same crimes.
A priest says..........It is natural, after this picture, to inquire if Catholic priests go themselves to confession, and if they avow all their crimes; to this I answer,-They are obliged to go to confession every fortnight, or at least once in three weeks, because their Superiors make inquiries about that point very carefully; and it is an eminent recommendation to the Superiors to apply often and to the celebrated confessors. Many of the priests make their whole faith to consist in efficaciousness to the confession, and they avow all their crimes to their confessor the same day in which they commit them.

Michael says......

I am sure priests/bishops go to confession but I am sure they don't name any individual sin they have committed. Its just a blanket statement they would make otherwise the priest hearing the confession would instruct the lieing and deceiving, and coverup priests and bishops to stop their sinning immediately..........but we all know that many have been lieing, deceiving, and covering up these sins for many many years.

Therefore clergy going to confession is just a wasted effort.

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502187 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, everybody who disagrees with you is a fanatical idiot.
If you don't believe that I will suffer in hell for rejecting Jesus as my savior ... you are not Catholic.
....If catholics/christians truly believe rejecting Jesus is wrong and a ticket to hell, then I guess they believe Jews will be on that train to hell. Imagine little jewish boys/girls being taught by their parents everything that is wrong and willingly sending their children to a future of fire, agony, pain, suffering, for ever and ever! because God says you were born by chance into the wrong belief.

....Remember! Jews had God in their hearts centuries before christianity evolved, then they stole God for themselves.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#502188 Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas everyone.

Stille Nacht:

Enjoy.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502189 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was off line for 4 days with a terrible flu and now you are mad because I didn't get out of bed to respond to you!

When I came back on line I did not go back 4 days and read the posts.

If you did post this to me as you state, then my sincere apology.

----------

....Church leaders are in the business of teaching good morality and justice, and they stand up in the pulpit every sunday reminding catholics like you Liam how you should be living your life, yet so many of the clergy have been committing worse sins, then you will ever commit. THAT BOILS MY BLOOD!

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502190 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You belong to that arch-diocese. Write to your bishop or parish priest and express your views to them that you are deeply disgusted with what has been happening. You would write to your congressman, or mayor or councillor if something wasn't right, but you and the rest of the catholics in the diocese FEAR to write to the ones who have caused REAL pain in your community.

Do you want me to write to the arch-diocese and express my views of what I have learned the last few months? I will do that. How about you?

SILENCE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Sick Yuppie 41,590
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 4 min Paul is dead 539
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 50 min Paul is dead 97
God......do You enjoy wacthing me SUFFER?? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Would the world have been better off...without ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 2 hr Paul is dead 53
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 5 hr Johnny 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Tellthetruth 989,669
More from around the web