Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693173 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#502153 Dec 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
DOES your religion ..... PROMISE YOU.... SECURITY IN ETERNITY...?
Who in their "self-righteous" frame of mind, would adhere to a religion that didn't teach security in eternity???

Certainly one with your arrogance wouldn't dream of belonging to a religion that taught that you were anything less than worthy of eternal bliss!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502154 Dec 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
CONTINUED
WALKING IN THE SPIRIT. AND TRUTH....
Make sure you don't TRIP!!!

:)
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502155 Dec 24, 2013
The BIG-boys meant "business."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book "The History of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

Struggle for Independence and Sovereignty

The great struggle of the Middle Ages was for independence and sovereignty. It was a contrast between the titans—church and state—and in the end the church won.

PAPAL PRIMACY

Time and again emperors were excommunicated and even driven into submission.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502156 Dec 24, 2013
From the book "The History of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

PAPAL PRIMACY

To Augustine’s idea of the just war they added a dimension of honor and glory in conquest and inaugurated the Crusades.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#502157 Dec 24, 2013
I WAS READING SOMETHING ..A BOOK
CAME ACROSS A READING FROM.THE OT

I found a couple related..

This should clear up a few things,...But is,also appropriate for THIS SEASON.
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture/Pa...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

http://haamein.wordpress.com/category/torah/

God bless us,all ...
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#502158 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The BIG-boys meant "business."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Struggle for Independence and Sovereignty
The great struggle of the Middle Ages was for independence and sovereignty. It was a contrast between the titans—church and state—and in the end the church won.
PAPAL PRIMACY
Time and again emperors were excommunicated and even driven into submission.
Until the success of the Reformation and the USA, the 3 concepts of democracy, human rights, and freedom of conscience were all anti-Christianity (Catholic).

Even today, quasi-dictators like V. Putin use the Catholic church as a tool for enforcement and control.

Shameful but true.

Does this deter any true believer? Of course not. Morality and justice have NOTHING to do with their "god" and church. It's all about fear, ego, and elitism.

Happy Festivus - the Holiday of human rights and freedom.

Orlando, FL

#502159 Dec 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
I WAS READING SOMETHING ..A BOOK
CAME ACROSS A READING FROM.THE OT
I found a couple related..
This should clear up a few things,...But is,also appropriate for THIS SEASON.
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture/Pa...
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://haamein.wordpress.com/category/torah/
God bless us,all ...
LMAO.

"My sanctuary is in their midst forever."

Except when the Catholic Church invents a new god, then fosters 1600 years of anti-semitism, resulting in untold murders and torture.

So much for the "sanctuary" thing.

But it''s good to see how sensitive and honest your religion has made you (tongue in cheek).

Happy Festivus - for democracy, freedom of conscience, and human rights.

Ramen
YTube

Marietta, GA

#502160 Dec 24, 2013

Radical USA UPRISING 2014 ------

http://youtu.be/3pR4uHIEhBg

Orlando, FL

#502161 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You want a mythical god and a mythical Jesus to do YOUR dirty work for YOU???
That's religion in a nutshell!!!
You are no different than the Muslims that believe Allah and the 12th Imam want the followers to commit violence to in turn wipe out (who THEY perceive) are the evil-sinners.
Their god is always as angry and vengeful as they are.

Funny how that works.

hahaha
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502162 Dec 24, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<Even today, quasi-dictators like V. Putin use the Catholic church as a tool for enforcement and control.
Shameful but true.
Does this deter any true believer? Of course not. Morality and justice have NOTHING to do with their "god" and church. It's all about fear, ego, and elitism.
If they can claim that a god agrees with their doctrines ... it in turn bolsters their power to rule. It's the name of the game.

Observe these two Catholic-titans fighting for rights to the throne!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

PAPAL PRIMACY

The fight from 498 to 506 between Symmachus and Laurentius for the papal throne did not enhance papal prestige. Bloody battles erupted, cloisters were burned, nuns insulted, priests murdered.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#502163 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Who in their "self-righteous" frame of mind, would adhere to a religion that didn't teach security in eternity???
Certainly one with your arrogance wouldn't dream of belonging to a religion that taught that you were anything less than worthy of eternal bliss!
~~~

GOD LOOKS AT ME AS WELL AS OTHER CHRISTIANS THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS...

TRAMPLING IN HIS BLOOD ,,,,AS YOU DO,,,, JUST DOES NOT COUNT....

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Heb 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502164 Dec 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that you really care Mike ... but there are inaccuracies in your post. I would take the time to clarify it for you if it'd do any good.
You should devote this much time to the perverts in your family and Canadian community. Statistically speaking, there are way more right in front of you. Why are you worrying about an Archdiocese a thousand miles away in another country in a Church that you left who worships a God that you don't even believe in??
Two words to describe your actions: fear and insecurity.
Liam says..........Why are you worrying about an Archdiocese a thousand miles away in another country.

Michael says...Don't you worry your little self, Liam...... but shouldn't you show concern and disgust, instead of grasping at some straw man defense all the time?

....The news of this story has been in all the media in america, in Canada and right around the world. We didn't create these stories, your church leaders did. You and others in the arch-diocese should be taking it up with them..........BUT YOU WON'T. Its easier to blame someone else.

....Let us pray!
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502165 Dec 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religious books are based on lies.
Bragging about having solved mysteries is a religious pastime that has caused nothing but problems among the right-fighting human-animals.
Other animals simply live and die ... as a natural occurrence.
Wouldn't you think by now that ONE religion would have a KNOCK OUT PUNCH or SMOKING GUN of truth that would dissolve all the other beliefs and everyone would be under one umbrella of truth?

42,001 christian doctrines alone, not counting all the other religions.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502166 Dec 24, 2013
<quoted text>
LMAO.
"My sanctuary is in their midst forever."
Except when the Catholic Church invents a new god, then fosters 1600 years of anti-semitism, resulting in untold murders and torture.
So much for the "sanctuary" thing.
According to the Catholic church-fathers, the one god that previously honored the Jews as his chosen few became a lover of ONLY Catholics .. as in turn, God his self became anti-Semitic.

Silly stuff in deed!
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502167 Dec 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You are in denial. This is a Topix Board, not your catechism class. Why are you even here trying to validate your delusion?
Maybe it's because you still are in touch with reality enough to see the contradiction -- hello!-- between "one true, guided by your god" and "major sex abuse of children and institutional cover-up, including systematic abuse of orphans and the deaf placed in their care.
Remember what your god supposedly said about those who harmed the little children who came to him? Something about a millstone, right?
Then try to explain how your god allowed so many little souls to be destroyed by the very institution your god supposedly created.
We get it. The anger, the name-calling, the denial.
That contradiction would make anyone uneasy.
Ramen
....The followers are expected to tell their sins to the church leaders in confession, but the church leaders told no one of their sins. The worst sins of all.

Do as we say, not as we do!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502168 Dec 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't you think by now that ONE religion would have a KNOCK OUT PUNCH or SMOKING GUN of truth that would dissolve all the other beliefs and everyone would be under one umbrella of truth?
42,001 christian doctrines alone, not counting all the other religions.
It's not the purpose of theologians to agree with each other. They are all right-fighters in the claims of owning the one and only truth, and are completely stuck in the bondage of their own arrogance.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann
It’s not easy to embarrass a theologian.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502169 Dec 24, 2013
Question ... "Aren't you embarrassed to brag that you above all other theologians know the only religious truth?

Theologian ... "Why SHOULD I be embarrassed, when what I state is TRUE???"
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502170 Dec 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....The followers are expected to tell their sins to the church leaders in confession, but the church leaders told no one of their sins. The worst sins of all.
Do as we say, not as we do!
When confession was a public affair ... do you believe that a molester of children would confess such behavior to a crowd of people???

There was a reason they made the confessional a private affair between a priest and a supposed "repentant sinner." The priest,(sing the Jesus-myth as a scapegoat) could absolve (for a price) the repentant sinner of the sin ... until the next confession.

The priest in the following story, left the Catholic religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following.

It is natural, after this picture, to inquire if Catholic priests go themselves to confession, and if they avow all their crimes; to this I answer,-They are obliged to go to confession every fortnight, or at least once in three weeks, because their Superiors make inquiries about that point very carefully; and it is an eminent recommendation to the Superiors to apply often and to the celebrated confessors. Many of the priests make their whole faith to consist in efficaciousness to the confession, and they avow all their crimes to their confessor the same day in which they commit them. They believe firmly, that because a man whom they know as vicious as themselves has pronounced upon their head those words “Ego te absolvo,”—“I absolve thee,” in extending their hand, they believe their sins all blotted out, their conscience whitened and pure, and on the same evening they renew again the same crimes.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#502171 Dec 24, 2013
justforCatholics.org

The Catechism of the Catholic Church admits that private confession first came on the scene in the seventh century:

“Over the centuries the concrete form in which the Church has exercised this power received from the Lord has varied considerably. During the first centuries the reconciliation of Christians who had committed particularly grave sins after their Baptism (for example, idolatry, murder, or adultery) was tied to a very rigorous discipline, according to which penitents had to do public penance for their sins, often for years, before receiving reconciliation. To this ‘order of penitents’(which concerned only certain grave sins), one was only rarely admitted and in certain regions only once in a lifetime. During the seventh century Irish missionaries, inspired by the Eastern monastic tradition, took to continental Europe the ‘private’ practice of penance, which does not require public and prolonged completion of penitential works before reconciliation with the Church. From that time on, the sacrament has been performed in secret between penitent and priest. This new practice envisioned the possibility of repetition and so opened the way to a regular frequenting of this sacrament. It allowed the forgiveness of grave sins and venial sins to be integrated into one sacramental celebration. In its main lines this is the form of penance that the Church has practiced down to our day”(Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 1447).
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502172 Dec 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says..........Why are you worrying about an Archdiocese a thousand miles away in another country.
Michael says...Don't you worry your little self, Liam...... but shouldn't you show concern and disgust, instead of grasping at some straw man defense all the time?
....The news of this story has been in all the media in america, in Canada and right around the world. We didn't create these stories, your church leaders did. You and others in the arch-diocese should be taking it up with them..........BUT YOU WON'T. Its easier to blame someone else.
....Let us pray!
Last week when you brought this up I stated that I was ashamed of the Archdiocese here in MN. I said that I was glad the media is blowing it up because that's the only way the truth can come not and we can weed these bums out of the Church. I noticed on that day you didn't acknowledge my criticism and concern for the victims.....so I said it again to you later. Again, no response. You completely ignored it. Now today you falsely accuse me of not standing up for the victims. You're a loser Mike. The CC ain't going away. They'll only become stronger after fanatics like you are done chewing them up. You'll die and so will the unworthy clergy. The Church is already better as a result of all of this. That makes your blood boil as you frantically search the web trying to recycled old dirt.
Makes me smile on this Christmas as I know I'm a member of the Church that Jesus Christ started and you, June, Confrint, Preston, and oldjeep are failing miserably trying to topple it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tellthetruth 991,900
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 14 min Rider on the Storm 51,667
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min Holy Pipek 445,965
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 34 min Doctor REALITY 11
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 48 min Holy Pipek 619,866
Legally married but separated. Is it okay to date? 1 hr Blake38 1
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 3 hr Holy Pipek 7
More from around the web