Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679024 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#502103 Dec 23, 2013
Islam is a religion of peace...LOL.....Official of the Department of Religious Affairs, the imam of a local mosque , says that Christianity is "a mistake , not a religion but a myth." And warns people to convert to Islam . "Songs of praise to God" also banned. Jehovah's Witness sentenced to 18 months in prison for crimes of opinion and defense of religious freedom.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#502104 Dec 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>here is a quarter, call someone who cares about your false religion. no one but you and June are interested in anything that you say.
YOU got interested in my post and commented back!!

Keep your quarter in safe place, you might need it yourself.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#502105 Dec 23, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you enjoyed this: Passengers on a bus in Bat Yam where a bomb exploded Sunday afternoon attributed the fact that no one was killed to a miracle. Police said that based on their initial investigation, the explosion on the number 240 bus from Bnai Brak to Bat Yam was due to a bomb placed by Arab terrorists.
One person – a police bomb squad officer – was injured as he approached a suspicious package on the bus. A spokesperson for the Dan Bus Company said that there twelve passengers on the bus when a passenger alerted the driver that there was a suspicious object on board. The object was in a bag, which one of the passengers opened. Noticing there were wires coming out of the bag, the passenger alerted the driver, who immediately evacuated the passengers.
How did you KNEW my mind?

I am not even aware of the incident you are referring to.

Islam does not approve killing any innocent person, Muslim or Non Muslim.

Elk Grove, CA

#502106 Dec 23, 2013
Shiite Cleric Issues Fatwa In Support Of Fighting In Syria War: Grand Ayatollah Kazim al-Haeri Supports Assad

A religion of peace....LOL

Elk Grove, CA

#502107 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to your clerics and inmans that keep provoking violence. The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, the verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

The context of violent passages is more ambiguous than might be expected of a perfect book from a loving God, however this can work both ways. Most of today's Muslims exercise a personal choice to interpret their holy book's call to arms according to their own moral preconceptions about justifiable violence. Apologists cater to their preferences with tenuous arguments that gloss over historical fact and generally do not stand up to scrutiny. Still, it is important to note that the problem is not bad people, but bad ideology.

Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. Muhammad's own martial legacy - and that of his companions - along with the remarkable stress on violence found in the Quran have produced a trail of blood and tears across world history.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#502108 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU got interested in my post and commented back!!
Keep your quarter in safe place, you might need it yourself.
NAH!!! YOU KEEP IT, SOME DAY, YOU MIGHT HAVE TO DRINK ALL THAT oil.

it was not that I was interested in anything that you say or said. just wanted to let you know that

Location hidden

#502109 Dec 23, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you enjoyed this: Passengers on a bus in Bat Yam where a bomb exploded Sunday afternoon attributed the fact that no one was killed to a miracle. Police said that based on their initial investigation, the explosion on the number 240 bus from Bnai Brak to Bat Yam was due to a bomb placed by Arab terrorists.
One person – a police bomb squad officer – was injured as he approached a suspicious package on the bus. A spokesperson for the Dan Bus Company said that there twelve passengers on the bus when a passenger alerted the driver that there was a suspicious object on board. The object was in a bag, which one of the passengers opened. Noticing there were wires coming out of the bag, the passenger alerted the driver, who immediately evacuated the passengers.
looking forward to the time that the God of Abraham, the Father of Jesus destroys those who wish to destroy those children, will face His Wrath.

it isn't any wonder that the bible says that hell enlarges itself daily, gotta find room for all those muslims that love to kill innocent people. look at Boston to be that evil that you want to kill innocent people, people that you don't even know.

the US govt should never allow one muslim in this country and expel those who live here now.

Elk Grove, CA

#502110 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can your religion do this?
In the last two weeks, over 500 ordinary Shiites, mostly
pilgrims on foot, have been blown up or shot to death
by Sunni co-religionists - their brothers in Islam.

Elk Grove, CA

#502111 Dec 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>looking forward to the time that the God of Abraham, the Father of Jesus destroys those who wish to destroy those children, will face His Wrath.
it isn't any wonder that the bible says that hell enlarges itself daily, gotta find room for all those muslims that love to kill innocent people. look at Boston to be that evil that you want to kill innocent people, people that you don't even know.
the US govt should never allow one muslim in this country and expel those who live here now.
I agree, look how Islam is destroying Europe.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#502112 Dec 23, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yet you need to keep looking. You're missing it.
One thing you won't find in the Bible is instructions to go by the Bible alone or a list of Biblical books to include. The Church came before the Bible..
Prayer beads were used in the 2nd century because the laity couldn't read and follow along when Monks read the 150 Psalms every morning. So they came up with a system where they'd quietly say the Lords Prayer while the Monks read each Psalm. The beads helped them count.
Again, this was BEFORE Christians had an actual canon of books for a Bible. So it doesn't make sense that you demand it has to be in the Bible.
Catlic Bible History Truth

The fifteen Apocryphal books which the Roman Catholics have included in their Bibles, come from a collection of about eighteen or more books written during the Inter-testamental Period. This period of four hundred years began with God giving the last book of the Old Testament which was Malachi. The Inter-testamental period ended with the coming of Christ and the writing of the New Testament. During this four hundred years God sent no prophets to Israel and was silent giving no written revelation.

The word "apocrypha" means "of questionable authenticity." These are called non canonical books because when the canon of Scriptures (the sixty six books of the Old and New Testaments) was accepted by the early Christians they recognized that these books contained spurious material and therefore were not inspired of God. Other names for these books are "hidden" or "deuterocanonical" books. These books are also called "pseudepigraphal", meaning "false writings" to designate them as spurious and unauthentic books of the late centuries B. C. and early centuries A. D. These books contain religious folklore and have never been considered inspired of God by biblical Christians from the earliest times of churches.

Some have referred to these books as the missing books of the Bible and conclude they are new discovers which are part of God's revelation. Nothing could be further from the truth. The sixty six books that comprise the Old and Testament are God's revelation to man and when John completed the Book of Revelation, God's word to man was complete. God has not added to His revelation since. The content of these spurious books shows them to be inspired of man...not God. It is also noteworthy that the Roman Catholic church which is a false church with false doctrines and pagan teachings accepts these books as scripture. Further, some of the cults including the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Mormons, also accept them as scripture. No biblical Christians or churches have ever accept them as such. The fact is there are no lost books of the Bible.

These books or writings from the Apocrypha that the Roman Catholic Church claims are inspired are Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, 1 & 2 Maccabees, Letter of Jeremiah, additions to Esther, Prayer of Azariah, Susanna (Daniel 13), and Bel and the Dragon (Daniel 14). Three other Apocryphal books in the Septuagint, the Prayer of Manasseh, and 1 & 2 Esdras, are not considered to be inspired or canonical by the Roman Catholic Church.

These books were not accepted by the Roman Catholic church until 1546 in the Council of Trent. Therefore for over 1300 years, since the inception of the Roman Church in the fourth Century, even they did not considered them inspired!!!!!!!!!

more later

Location hidden

#502113 Dec 23, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, look how Islam is destroying Europe.
my son was in Paris when the muslims rioted and he had a difficult time getting back to Spain, they burned expensive homes and autos. they are animals and have no respect for anything or themselves

Location hidden

#502114 Dec 23, 2013
an interior ministers urges people to respect muslims and the prosecutor has to try a muslim for trying to kill a policeman.

TRAPPES, France (AP)— About 250 people hurling projectiles clashed with police firing tear gas west of Paris, in apparent protest over enforcement of France’s ban on Islamic face veils. Five people were injured and six detained in the violence, authorities said Saturday.
The interior minister urged calm and dialogue, insisting on both the need for public order and respect for France’s Muslims. The incident in the town of Trappes on Friday night reflected sporadic tensions between police upholding France’s strict policies of secularism and those who accuse authorities of discriminating against France’s No. 2 religion.

A few garbage dumpsters in the area were torched and a bus shelter shattered in the Trappes unrest. Spent tear gas capsules lay on the road Saturday near the police station at the center of the violence.

A 14-year-old boy suffered a serious eye injury in the violence, from a projectile of unknown provenance, Prosecutor Vincent Lesclous told reporters. Four police officers were injured and six people were detained in the violence, said an official with the regional police administration.

The violence came after a gathering of about 200-250 people to protest the arrest of a man whose wife was ticketed Thursday for wearing a face veil. The husband tried to strangle an officer who was doing the ticketing, the prosecutor said

where is the respect due to the police officer who is doing his job?
Cisco Kid

United States

#502115 Dec 23, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
NOTE: Whoever got my name in the thread's Christmas raffle, I'm really hoping for a Chia Jesus this year.
A Chia Jesus might be nice.

I got a Chia Obama a couple of years ago and it promises to sprout and grow, but lies to me everytime.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502116 Dec 23, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
A Chia Jesus might be nice.
I got a Chia Obama a couple of years ago and it promises to sprout and grow, but lies to me everytime.
Well, the problem with the Chia Jesus is when you tire of it, you can't get rid of it: Throw it away, and three days later, it's back.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502117 Dec 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catlic Bible History Truth
The fifteen Apocryphal books which the Roman Catholics have included in their Bibles, come from a collection of about eighteen or more books written during the Inter-testamental Period. This period of four hundred years began with God giving the last book of the Old Testament which was Malachi. The Inter-testamental period ended with the coming of Christ and the writing of the New Testament. During this four hundred years God sent no prophets to Israel and was silent giving no written revelation.
The word "apocrypha" means "of questionable authenticity." These are called non canonical books because when the canon of Scriptures (the sixty six books of the Old and New Testaments) was accepted by the early Christians they recognized that these books contained spurious material and therefore were not inspired of God. Other names for these books are "hidden" or "deuterocanonical" books. These books are also called "pseudepigraphal", meaning "false writings" to designate them as spurious and unauthentic books of the late centuries B. C. and early centuries A. D. These books contain religious folklore and have never been considered inspired of God by biblical Christians from the earliest times of churches.
Some have referred to these books as the missing books of the Bible and conclude they are new discovers which are part of God's revelation. Nothing could be further from the truth. The sixty six books that comprise the Old and Testament are God's revelation to man and when John completed the Book of Revelation, God's word to man was complete. God has not added to His revelation since. The content of these spurious books shows them to be inspired of man...not God. It is also noteworthy that the Roman Catholic church which is a false church with false doctrines and pagan teachings accepts these books as scripture. Further, some of the cults including the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Mormons, also accept them as scripture. No biblical Christians or churches have ever accept them as such. The fact is there are no lost books of the Bible.
These books or writings from the Apocrypha that the Roman Catholic Church claims are inspired are Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, 1 & 2 Maccabees, Letter of Jeremiah, additions to Esther, Prayer of Azariah, Susanna (Daniel 13), and Bel and the Dragon (Daniel 14). Three other Apocryphal books in the Septuagint, the Prayer of Manasseh, and 1 & 2 Esdras, are not considered to be inspired or canonical by the Roman Catholic Church.
These books were not accepted by the Roman Catholic church until 1546 in the Council of Trent. Therefore for over 1300 years, since the inception of the Roman Church in the fourth Century, even they did not considered them inspired!!!!!!!!!
more later
And yet they were included in the original KJV.

Dummy.

And by the way, you're a thief:

http://bible-truth.org/Apocrypha.html
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502118 Dec 24, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Can your religion do this?
In the last two weeks, over 500 ordinary Shiites, mostly
pilgrims on foot, have been blown up or shot to death
by Sunni co-religionists - their brothers in Islam.
Well, we'll never have to worry about a world caliphate.

When they aren't hating us; they are too busy hating themselves to get organized.
Cisco Kid

United States

#502119 Dec 24, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the problem with the Chia Jesus is when you tire of it, you can't get rid of it: Throw it away, and three days later, it's back.
I dunno man, the Chia Obama is more predictable, though still problematic.

Just when Chia Obama promises to grow, I am lied to again, he fails.
I'm beginning to think Obama's never going away.
Dude is like a hemorrhoid.
He just keep offensively popping up and is irritating.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502120 Dec 24, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno man, the Chia Obama is more predictable, though still problematic.
Just when Chia Obama promises to grow, I am lied to again, he fails.
I'm beginning to think Obama's never going away.
Dude is like a hemorrhoid.
He just keep offensively popping up and is irritating.
Note to self: Just say no to the Chia Obama.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502121 Dec 24, 2013
Nite all.

I'll respond to the hate mail in the morning.

Or not.

Note to June: Remember to take your meds.
truth

Kardinya, Australia

#502122 Dec 24, 2013
we not say Imam..we say sveto ime=holy name=ime=name=id
ako ti nemas sveto ime=if your name is not written
see
if others try remove
you need know
you can't be liar over Holy Spirit
you can't hide what is written long time ago..

Your Creator created everything and everyone what is visible and not visible..what you can understood and not understand.

You can't make Almighty bigger or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min RiversideRedneck 2,563
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 119,101
I want my BF to have sex with another girl (Jan '13) 2 hr Freaky2 41
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 4 hr 17_y-o_older_sister 27
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 4 hr hideous 583
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 6 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web