Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670531 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#502018 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that Protestants will be in heaven with you, why did you find it "necessary" to leave Protestantism to become Catholic.
You lying shyster!
June

If a person is headed in one direction, and there are two roads to get there, it is at times more expedient to take one or the other road.

You can sit and debate all you want, turn around and go back, and never get anywhere.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#502019 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
That is why I said the territory of Israel, which had been a kingdom and province. Countries are a modern invention. But be that as it may, a new covenant was made between God and humanity, and Jews were invited first. They declined, but some did accept the invitation.
Those lies stem from your church fathers, and you are more than content to stay dumbed-down by your Catholic indoctrination.

Had Jesus lived, and been a true leader of the Jews, he would have said "Come on men, and I will teach you how to be FAITHFUL Jews to pure, unadulterated Judaism. I am King of the Jews, so follow me, and I will lead you on the only true pathway to home and to our father Elohim, who resides in now and forever more in Olam Haba."

Location hidden

#502020 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This will be more pleasing to your emotions Robert. Swallow it whole and feed your brain-cells yet more lies, if that is your desire.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Catholic Encyclopedia
(Chrysostomos, "golden-mouthed" so called on account of his eloquence). see email from B. Thayer (subject is "typos) dated August 2003 -->
Doctor of the Church, born at Antioch, c. 347; died at Commana in Pontus, 14 September, 407.
John — whose surname "Chrysostom" occurs for the first time in the "Constitution" of Pope Vigilius (cf. P.L., LX, 217) in the year 553 — is generally considered the most prominent doctor of the Greek Church and the greatest preacher ever heard in a Christian pulpit. His natural gifts, as well as exterior circumstances, helped him to become what he was.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08452b.htm
June

New Advent is a good RCC resource. How did you find it?

And how many of John Chrysostom's writings have you read? I can honestly say I have read none of them. So you must know more....

Prince George, Canada

#502021 Dec 23, 2013
Christians that are honest with selves, will see that they were taught nothing but anti-Semitic lies.

The Catholics BRAGGED that Jesus the Jew was wise enough to turn against his own Jews. According to the popes, Jesus worked 24/7 in Catholic confessionals, forgiving Catholic sins, while the Catholics were at the same time, imprisoning, torturing and slaughtering the Jews.

Those that don't want to see ... will choose to not see.

Location hidden

#502022 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that when Robert F was a Protestant, he willingly entertained the notion that Catholics would end up in hell. But now that he is a Catholic, he willingly entertains the idea that Protestants will end up in hell.
Martin Luther pulled the same stunt. When he was a Catholic, he was certain that the Jews and the Muslims and those of all other religions would end up in hell.
But when he started his new anti-Catholic and anti-all other religions, Martin was certain that he and his newly-wed ex-nun-wife would be the only CLASS allowed to be rewarded with eternal bliss.
So it went, and so it goes.
June

Off the Mark

While being indoctrinated in the Protestant world, I was fortunate in not having anything against RCs being fed to me. However, I did fear walking into a RCC.(smiles)

And, I don't entertain any idea that Protestants will end up in hell now.

Can you use your imagination for something more beneficial, than unsubstantiated opinion? Even speculation would be an improvement.

Location hidden

#502023 Dec 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert F says........ Though some may have a problem with my beliefs.
Michael says..........AND its all MOSTLY because by chance they were born and bred into a different set of beliefs than you. Isn't that crazy?
Being a member of any particular religious belief by the most part you are just a product of what your parents wanted you to become..........just like them.
Michael

Peace

That's a pretty negative assessment for individual human beings, but a good one for a computer.

I can't however say that you are entirely wrong, but in generalizing such a belief, it gives no room for anyone to grow and learn. I just don't think you believe that?

Prince George, Canada

#502024 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
New Advent is a good RCC resource. How did you find it?
And how many of John Chrysostom's writings have you read? I can honestly say I have read none of them. So you must know more....
You are SUCH a liar.

You claimed a while back to another Catholic that you enjoyed the writings of John Chrysostom.

Location hidden

#502025 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that you ever tell the truth.
And my point that you want to ignore, is, that if you believed Protestants were saved, you wouldn't have felt a NEED to become a Catholic.
June

Quite right.

But more to the point....feeling the NEED is not what saves a person.

Catholics and Protestants agree with you(sorry if that gets you down), but having that warm fuzzy feeling when you go to a worship space is not what saves a person.

I don't have to be either a Catholic or Protestant to be saved. Just a believer and have faith in Jesus Christ is enough to be saved. Working out what happens next is left to God and the individual.

Prince George, Canada

#502026 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Off the Mark
While being indoctrinated in the Protestant world, I was fortunate in not having anything against RCs being fed to me. However, I did fear walking into a RCC.(smiles)
And, I don't entertain any idea that Protestants will end up in hell now.
Can you use your imagination for something more beneficial, than unsubstantiated opinion? Even speculation would be an improvement.
I don't believe anything you write.

You admitted that after studying the two religions that the Catholic religion was the original Christian religion and that is why you left Protestantism.

Location hidden

#502027 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those lies stem from your church fathers, and you are more than content to stay dumbed-down by your Catholic indoctrination.
Had Jesus lived, and been a true leader of the Jews, he would have said "Come on men, and I will teach you how to be FAITHFUL Jews to pure, unadulterated Judaism. I am King of the Jews, so follow me, and I will lead you on the only true pathway to home and to our father Elohim, who resides in now and forever more in Olam Haba."
June

Sorry June. Jesus did invite the Jews to come and follow Him. The Jews rejected him, as their King, and King of the Kingdom. They chose another path, just as they have many times since the time of the prophets of God.

But lest I generalize to much, their are a remnant of Jews faithful, and those that seek God.

I just wonder sometimes, when I see Jews at the Western "Wailing" Wall, of Herod's Temple in Jerusalem, that they are praying to God, by one of the most despised Jewish leaders of all time..., what are they thinking?

Location hidden

#502028 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are SUCH a liar.
You claimed a while back to another Catholic that you enjoyed the writings of John Chrysostom.
June

I have not read "all" of John Chrysostom's writings. Just snippets here and there. What I read, I enjoyed....Mainly they come from the Liturgy of the Hours Books 1-4. There are quite a lot of Second Office readings in them....

I have not read any manuscripts, or full writings by him....

Prince George, Canada

#502029 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person is headed in one direction, and there are two roads to get there, it is at times more expedient to take one or the other road.
AWWWWW come on LIAR ... you KNOW that you believe Catholics have the only righteous road to bliss in the afterlife.

Location hidden

#502030 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe anything you write.
You admitted that after studying the two religions that the Catholic religion was the original Christian religion and that is why you left Protestantism.
June

Go figure...You misunderstood what I was writing.(smiles)

I think most people agree that the RCC preceded Protestantism....But of course there are some who will disagree....You must be one of them!

Prince George, Canada

#502031 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did invite the Jews to come and follow Him.
When they aimed to start a new religion, what else would you EXPECT the Catholic theologians TO WRITE ... you FOOL!

They claimed that Jesus wanted to become a Catholic, and when the other Jews wouldn't follow him, Jesus perceived the Jews as his enemies ... of all the idiotic nonsense!!!

That would be comparable to the pope wanting Catholics to follow HIM into Protestantism, and if they wouldn't, he would state that the Catholics were enemies of GOD!

Wake up Robert ... or stay asleep in the dumbed-down thoughts based on your imagination.

Prince George, Canada

#502032 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Go figure...You misunderstood what I was writing
You were the one that stated that you left Protestantism after studying that the Catholic religion came first, and that indicated that you believed first taught truth and the Protestants that came much later, taught lies.

Prince George, Canada

#502033 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Go figure...You misunderstood what I was writing.(smiles)
I think most people agree that the RCC preceded Protestantism....But of course there are some who will disagree....You must be one of them!
Why no more PEACE symbols on your LOVING posts Robert??? Did your well of love run DRY???

(smiles)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#502034 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that Protestants, Muslims and Jews will be saved if they don't first convert to Catholicism?
i believe what Jesus said - "to whom much is given from the same much will be required"

you seem to be getting more information and therefore are racking up more wrath with every post, June!
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#502035 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
Peace
That's a pretty negative assessment for individual human beings, but a good one for a computer.
I can't however say that you are entirely wrong, but in generalizing such a belief, it gives no room for anyone to grow and learn. I just don't think you believe that?
Hello Robert.

Not to offend, but what I meant was that MOST people of a particular belief are so because they were indoctrinated into that belief from infancy to become what their parents wanted them to become, just like them. My parents expected that of me and my brothers/sisters.

eg; I attended a catholic grade school back in the day. I don't know of any of my former class mates who are now practicing jews, Islam, protestant, etc. There might be a few, but I am sure most are still roman catholic.

Doesn't matter what main stream religion a family belongs to, more often than not their children are of the same belief, again, not always but MORE often than not. That is not computer generated, they are the facts of our lives, which implies that being of a particular religious belief has more importance of family hand me down tradition than the actual personal belief of the individual, which again is usually the belief of their family.

Prince George, Canada

#502036 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I have not read "all" of John Chrysostom's writings. Just snippets here and there.....
I suggest that most people haven't read "all' of dear John's words ... but snippets "here and there" ought to indicate to you that as were all the church fathers, he was ALSO an anti-Semitist.

Prince George, Canada

#502037 Dec 23, 2013
At what point did Christians start thinking of themselves as separate from Judaism?

The preacher of Antioch and later of Constantinople, John Chrysostom, complains in a series of eight sermons to his congregation, that "you must stop going to the Synagogue, you must not think that the Synagogue is a holier place than our churches are." This clearly indicates that the break between Judaism and Christianity, even as late as the 4th century ... still is not absolute, is not permanent.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Jehova Witness 980,320
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Farting Hillary 101,153
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 286,470
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 26 min modell299 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 47 min Sky Writer 31 184,309
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Shiralee 445,671
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 5 hr Blackwomenrule 89
More from around the web