Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673422 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#501977 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A minister told the following story…..
A friend, a senior citizen, stopped me after church one Sunday and said, "Please tell the children that masturbation won't hurt them. I spent my entire youth in agony waiting to go blind, because my parents told me that's what would happen if I masturbated. I guess I could have stopped, but going blind seemed the better option."
haha...yeah, don't worry June, using that 2-headed silicone monster won't make you go blind;-)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#501978 Dec 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
One, more thought .
Are you willing to "think" that you will spend eternity in Hindu hell??? After all, their religion superseded your religion as being based on truth.

Prince George, Canada

#501979 Dec 23, 2013
Catholics and Protestants believe in the existence of ONLY the Christian hell. And they both believe the other ones are going to that hell.

So according to THAT "reasoning" hell will be full of Catholics and Protestants.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#501980 Dec 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
haha...yeah, don't worry June, using that 2-headed silicone monster won't make you go blind;-)
I suggest that masturbation never made anyone go blind. But that is what the know-it-all Christian preachers taught was based on truth.

Ya just can't trust those blatherers to preach other than what they believe ... which through time has been almost everything or anything.

Prince George, Canada

#501981 Dec 23, 2013
At one time it was preached by the sermonizers that all forms of diseases existed because people had offended the god.

For instance ... those suffering from leprosy were denied burial in "sacred" ground as they were perceived to have offended "GOD."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Catholic Encyclopedia > L > Leprosy

They were excluded from the church by a funeral Mass and a symbolic burial (Martène, "De Rit. ant., " III, x).

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09182a.htm

Prince George, Canada

#501982 Dec 23, 2013
If an all-knowing creator created Adam and Eve ... knowing what a mess would occur as dumb and cruel humans multiplied comparable to rabbits ... and the creator KNEW that the humans would use their religious jargon to promote brutality against other humans ... the creator deserves to be shot through its invisible head.

Religion is BUNK!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501983 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious you don't want to be sure of what I mean.
You want your Catholicism to be right on the mark of truth ... PERIOD!
I GET that!
June

What I want is for you to stop pushing Catholicism and Protestantism. Your overt religious hysteria makes it difficult to communicate.

So you not only tell me what I think, and believe, but now what I want....How all-knowing of you.(smiles)

Location hidden

#501984 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idol John Chrysostom KNEW that the Catholic new testament was based on anti-Semitism.
And the Jews knew and know that the new testament was based on anti-Semitism.
The fact that you ignore the scriptures that makes you uncomfortable, is not my problem.
June

So you KNOW what John Chrysostom KNEW.... How all wise and KNOWING of you.

If I were uncomfortable, I will let you know. Otherwise, don't assume I am....

Location hidden

#501985 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole theme of the new testament is that a Jewish messiah came to earth to lead the Jews away from Judaism and into Catholicism.
THAT is Catholic anti-Semitic hate literature.
June

Man o man, have you got it ALL wrong! But what can I expect, when you lean on your own understanding only...(sad face)

Its time for you to get deprogrammed.

Prince George, Canada

#501986 Dec 23, 2013
As were the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism put to death by the Catholics, many early Protestants suffered the same fate.

But never mind, they all killed each other while following the supposed will of the same god. Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Thomas Cranmer,(born July 2, 1489, Aslacton, Nottinghamshire, England—died March 21, 1556, Oxford), the first Protestant archbishop of Canterbury (1533–56), adviser to the English kings Henry VIII and Edward VI. As archbishop, he put the English Bible in parish churches, drew up the Book of Common Prayer, and composed a litany that remains in use today. Denounced by the Catholic queen Mary I for promoting Protestantism, he was convicted of heresy and burned at the stake.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/141...

Prince George, Canada

#501987 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
You know what the Catholics taught you about John and his "golden tongue" and that's all that matters to YOUR royal self-perceived Catholic HIGHNESS!!!

I have other opinions of dear John concerning his anti-Semitic RANTS.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Words of John Chrysostom ... Catholic anti-Semite.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Although such beasts are unfit for work, they are fit for killing. And this is what happened to the Jews: while they were making themselves unfit for work, they grew fit for slaughter. This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".

Prince George, Canada

#501988 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
What I want is for you to stop pushing Catholicism and Protestantism.
If you believe that Protestants will be in heaven with you, why did you find it "necessary" to leave Protestantism to become Catholic.

You lying shyster!

Prince George, Canada

#501989 Dec 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
If I were uncomfortable, I will let you know. Otherwise, don't assume I am....
This will be more pleasing to your emotions Robert. Swallow it whole and feed your brain-cells yet more lies, if that is your desire.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Catholic Encyclopedia

(Chrysostomos, "golden-mouthed" so called on account of his eloquence). see email from B. Thayer (subject is "typos) dated August 2003 -->

Doctor of the Church, born at Antioch, c. 347; died at Commana in Pontus, 14 September, 407.

John — whose surname "Chrysostom" occurs for the first time in the "Constitution" of Pope Vigilius (cf. P.L., LX, 217) in the year 553 — is generally considered the most prominent doctor of the Greek Church and the greatest preacher ever heard in a Christian pulpit. His natural gifts, as well as exterior circumstances, helped him to become what he was.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08452b.htm

Prince George, Canada

#501990 Dec 23, 2013
Ever Jew that turned their back on Judaism to become Catholic, learned first-hand how to kill the Jews for staying faithful TO Judaism.

When you see the pope sitting on his throne, I suggest you assess how he got there, and you will see that it was NOT by being kind to the Jews.

He tells a nice story NOW in this era ... but the first ex-Jew Catholics laid low any Jew that would not convert to the new religion of Catholicism.

Prince George, Canada

#501991 Dec 23, 2013
Martin Luther was so enamored with his new anti-Catholic religion, he was certain if he cuddled up to the Jews, they would see the LIGHT as Martin had seen it. But when the Jews stayed faithful to Judaism, Martin turned on them with a vengeance as being vile heretics and evil-offenders of GOD.

Preachers were and ARE diots in god-garbs ... one and ALL!!!

Prince George, Canada

#501993 Dec 23, 2013
The Catholic church fathers taught that the Jews were evil according to GOD, and that they must be shunned at all costs unless they joined the Catholic church. Only THEN would they be pleasing to the sensitivities of the GOD.

I suggest you keep in mind that it was the same supposed god that previously loved ONLY the Jews as his favorite chosen ones.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Judeophobia- Fear of Jews.

http://phobialist.com/

Prince George, Canada

#501994 Dec 23, 2013
If people are locked in to superstition they will fear what they are taught is evil to actually BE evil.

And that is what occurred with how the Catholics (century after century) perceived was the case with the Jews.

In the minds of the devout Catholic followers, if they looked at a Jew, I suggest their first thought would have been "EVIL." Then ... in order to get rid of the evil, the Jews had to be either converted to Catholicism ... or be killed. There was no way around the issue! Catholics and Protestants treated each other the same.

That is what superstition "accomplished" in the mindsets of cult-devotees, overcome with FEAR.

Prince George, Canada

#501995 Dec 23, 2013
If you don't get rid of your superstitions, you will keep passing them on to future generations, who in turn will be right-fighters in the claims of KNOWING the only way to please the supposed GOD or GODS.

Mental JUNK!!!

If a creator exists and doesn't love you unconditionally, then you are at risk of being punished now AND in a supposed hereafter ... no matter what you believe.

Prince George, Canada

#501996 Dec 23, 2013
From my atheistic point of view ... if all those hells exist, if one doesn't get me, another one will. I suggest that one can't exist as a reality and others are non-existent. Either they are all real, or none of them are real.

Religion is superstitious BUNK!

Prince George, Canada

#501997 Dec 23, 2013
Just because a Protestant believes that a Catholic is going to hell ... does that mean that it is TRUE???

Silly people!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Chris Rathers 981,451
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Barking Hillary 104,837
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 3 hr Godly Godlike 2
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 3 hr What Was That 85
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 4 hr discocrisco 3
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 5 hr Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 5 hr slick willie expl... 3
More from around the web