Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683583 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#501893 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Perhaps your scientists will determine every murderer should not be in prison because they were born with the MURDER gene.
If scientists do come to that conclusion, it would excuse the warriors that killed in the name of gods, as it would mean that the killing gene was in them and they had to kill because it was in their natures TO kill and the killing didn't have anything in common with wills of gods.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501894 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idol John Chrysostom KNEW that the Catholic new testament was based on anti-Semitism.
And the Jews knew and know that the new testament was based on anti-Semitism.
The fact that you ignore the scriptures that makes you uncomfortable, is not my problem.
June

It is a stretch to call the NT anti-Semitic. Rather it is unbiased, and neutral. Some people need to have an opponent in order to argue, or they feel usurped.

So if treating others as equals offends you, then we know the reason you don't like the N.T. Right?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#501895 Dec 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I can't be sure as to what you mean.
The whole theme of the new testament is that a Jewish messiah came to earth to lead the Jews away from Judaism and into Catholicism.

THAT is Catholic anti-Semitic hate literature.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501896 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
You are talking about two different things!
OldCly said, quote, "But to have attraction and not act on it, is not a sin." End quote.
Really? What does the Bible tell us? Does the Bible agree with OldCly. Let's see.
Matthew 5:28, "But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
Oops! Busted again OldCly.
Read the verses before you shove em in peoples faces, OldGJ.

Mathew 5:28 is correct. Do you know what lustful INTENT is? I doubt gay people are walking around all day lusting after each other. I mean, I'm attracted to woman but i don't walk around the mall lusting after them.
Crack!! walk off home run for cly! take that oldjg!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#501897 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The whole theme of the new testament is that a Jewish messiah came to earth to lead the Jews away from Judaism and into Catholicism.
I get a little misty eyed thinking Christmas at the VanDerMarks cabin surrounded by your motherly charm and the glow of the fireplace.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501898 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, oldjeep, people who are born addicted to drugs and alcohol grow up and become adults. This addiction doesn't go away and they'd do good to avoid drinking.
Just curious why you agree that people are born addicted to drugs and alcohol but not attraction to the same sex?
Your ignorance has no limits. OldCly said, quote, " people who are born addicted to drugs and alcohol grow up and become adults. This addiction doesn't go away and they'd do good to avoid drinking." End quote.

And then OldCly said, quote, "Just curious why you agree that people are born addicted to drugs and alcohol but not attraction to the same sex?" End quote.

Read these sentences. Just read them. Your so pathetically ignorant I am speechless.

New born babies are not born addicted to drugs and or alcohol of their own FREE WILL. New born babies can be born addicted to drugs and or alcohol only because the mother was addicted to drugs and or alcohol.

Using your moronic Roman Catholic logic if and expectant mother consumes a "homosexual" her new born baby would be born a "homosexual".LOL LOL LOL

OldCly, you are DUMB. You would be better served to shut up and go away.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#501899 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course you believe it is YOUR duty to lead us all to the LIGHT.
According to you, if it was not for your divine intervention ... we would all end up in Christian hell ... rejected by "Jesus."
:)
Actually I could take that as a compliment,but you know yourself deep down that life is too short to remain so stubborn,and to speak about great things with such disdain.I cannot let you go without some reply of defense for that which is eternal,wholesome and good,seeing your attitude to debunk all that which has survived every sort of rejection.Not that all you say has any affect on those sacred things.I have never condemned you to any hell,and I will refrain from using that kind of tactic.Nevertheless June,you are the one who creates your own space,and that is your choice,but when it comes to tearing down that which is beyond your comprehension,I myself will try to give you reason to change the course you are on.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501900 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldCly said, quote, "But to have attraction and not act on it, is not a sin." End quote.
Really? What does the Bible tell us? Does the Bible agree with OldCly. Let's see.
Matthew 5:28, "But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
JG is old, you are way more sincere in your faith than the other pastors on here. I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas.
The Church could use many of you protestants these days. We need people with a zeal for the scriptures and desire to spread the Gospel.

here are a few recent people who made the difficult conversion. By difficult, i don't mean because of theology. Its not easy telling your family and friends your heading into the Catholic Church.

www.youtube.com/watch...

www.ewtn.com/tv/live/journeyhome.asp

Many notable Protestant Ministers are now coming 'home to Rome'. Allen Hunt was head pastor of a 15,000 strong mega Church in North Carolina.(i believe the 3rd largest in America?) Once people get rid of the slander and stereotypes about the Holy Church, it gets easy,

Why did Jesus give us a Pope?
youtube.com/watch...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501901 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the verses before you shove em in peoples faces, OldGJ.
Mathew 5:28 is correct. Do you know what lustful INTENT is? I doubt gay people are walking around all day lusting after each other. I mean, I'm attracted to woman but i don't walk around the mall lusting after them.
Crack!! walk off home run for cly! take that oldjg!
Your attracted to women? Really? Have you ever looked at a woman and fantascized about her sexually? If so you are an adulterer. Crack? I did not realize you were an addict OldCly. And your dream of a walk off home run was really a ground out to the pitcher. OldCly, you are OUT!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501902 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance has no limits. OldCly said, quote, " people who are born addicted to drugs and alcohol grow up and become adults. This addiction doesn't go away and they'd do good to avoid drinking." End quote.
And then OldCly said, quote, "Just curious why you agree that people are born addicted to drugs and alcohol but not attraction to the same sex?" End quote.
Read these sentences. Just read them. Your so pathetically ignorant I am speechless.
New born babies are not born addicted to drugs and or alcohol of their own FREE WILL. New born babies can be born addicted to drugs and or alcohol only because the mother was addicted to drugs and or alcohol.
Using your moronic Roman Catholic logic if and expectant mother consumes a "homosexual" her new born baby would be born a "homosexual".LOL LOL LOL
OldCly, you are DUMB. You would be better served to shut up and go away.
Thank you elderlyJG. I was using the drug addicted baby analogy to show how people can be born 'attracted' to something that God didn't will. That child won't sin until they consume drugs and ruin their life. The Homosexual won't sin until they lust after someone and act on their impulses.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501903 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attracted to women? Really? Have you ever looked at a woman and fantascized about her sexually? If so you are an adulterer. Crack? I did not realize you were an addict OldCly. And your dream of a walk off home run was really a ground out to the pitcher. OldCly, you are OUT!
No, I have never looked at a woman and fantacized about her. lol.
Yeah I've sinned and i suspect most men have thought about sex with a woman outside of marriage.
That's just as guilty as someone thinking about sex with the same sex. Hey man, Im not Dr. Ruth Westheimer (or whatever her name was), I'm just giving you my personal opinion.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#501904 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
In spite of what you say here June,there is a side to this that you will not willingly understand and tolerate with respect.You use ethnicity and political organization to base this attack against JESUS.Yes it is an attack,because JESUS did not come here to lure anyone away from Judaism.

He came to show the Jews that their Father in Heaven loved them with an everlasting love,but that the religious establishment created a wall of defense against the very Father who wanted to reach them and free them from an inner tyranny formed by sin and religious arrogance.Jesus challenged hypocrisy like no other,and that is what happens when religion takes the place of God who IS the Creator of all things seen and unseen.Roman Occupation did not cause Israel to become slaves of ROME,but the Jews were already enslaved by rejecting their Father in Heaven who wanted to change their hearts from within.Since He established them of OLD,He has always had a love relationship with them that superseded all other nations. Jesus did not come to Israel under Roman Occupation to free His people from Rome,but to free them from their own religious mindset that alienated them from the very FATHER who called them from the beginning of their chosenness in the day of Abraham.

The way things fanned out opened the door to Gentile involvement in the Plans of Salvation for the whole human race,not just the Jews.God is still on His Throne,and He is far from DONE with His people.These years are the ones that will slowly unfold the story God has planned for His people,they are still His Chosen,the Elect,and He will shake the foundations of this world to show how much He loves His own,and the Christians along with everyone else will see it as well.But it is not a matter of arrogance or selection in that God only cares for the Jews,but that through them He will bless all the nations of the earth.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501905 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
JG is old, you are way more sincere in your faith than the other pastors on here. I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas.
The Church could use many of you protestants these days. We need people with a zeal for the scriptures and desire to spread the Gospel.
here are a few recent people who made the difficult conversion. By difficult, i don't mean because of theology. Its not easy telling your family and friends your heading into the Catholic Church.
www.youtube.com/watch...
www.ewtn.com/tv/live/journeyhome.asp
Many notable Protestant Ministers are now coming 'home to Rome'. Allen Hunt was head pastor of a 15,000 strong mega Church in North Carolina.(i believe the 3rd largest in America?) Once people get rid of the slander and stereotypes about the Holy Church, it gets easy,
Why did Jesus give us a Pope?
youtube.com/watch...
OldCly, well said. You take credit for one pastor of one church. Before we go too far let me ask you this question. How many have left the Roman Catholic church since 1517? You remember 1517 don't you OldCly? You know, the Protestant Reformation. Remember? How many?

Look how fast the Protestant church has grown compared to the growth of the Roman Catholic church since 1517. We Protestants have as many members as the Roman Catholic church and it has taken less than 500 years to reach your numbers. Now what OldCly? Cat got your tongue?

Also OldCly, from 313 to 1517 Rome hijacked and corrupted the Gospel of the Lord Jesus. We, the Protestants, have reclaimed what belonged to us from the beginning. Your Roman theology has been replaced with the Gospel truth and it began in 1517. Goodbye OldCly.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501906 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have never looked at a woman and fantacized about her. lol.
Yeah I've sinned and i suspect most men have thought about sex with a woman outside of marriage.
That's just as guilty as someone thinking about sex with the same sex. Hey man, Im not Dr. Ruth Westheimer (or whatever her name was), I'm just giving you my personal opinion.
Personal opinions are like rear ends. Everybody has one. Your personal opinion is not Biblical truth. Please quit representing your personal opinion as Biblical truth. Thank you. OldJG.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#501907 Dec 22, 2013
Clay, maybe you should write the paper and set them straight;

http://www.nbcnews.com/
marge

Leesburg, GA

#501908 Dec 22, 2013
And sounds like most agree with Phil.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/22/cra...
Liam

Chicago, IL

#501909 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
OldCly, well said. You take credit for one pastor of one church. Before we go too far let me ask you this question. How many have left the Roman Catholic church since 1517? You remember 1517 don't you OldCly? You know, the Protestant Reformation. Remember? How many?
Look how fast the Protestant church has grown compared to the growth of the Roman Catholic church since 1517. We Protestants have as many members as the Roman Catholic church and it has taken less than 500 years to reach your numbers. Now what OldCly? Cat got your tongue?
Also OldCly, from 313 to 1517 Rome hijacked and corrupted the Gospel of the Lord Jesus. We, the Protestants, have reclaimed what belonged to us from the beginning. Your Roman theology has been replaced with the Gospel truth and it began in 1517. Goodbye OldCly.
That's not true in the least. Protestantism started out with one church and it quickly unraveld into 3, 4. 10, 50, 200, and now 40,000. We are on this Earth to become sanctified. How can we accomplish this when we really don't know what is truth? is it sola fide or faith + works?
The Bible says that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. In fact, that's how we ended up with a Bible. It developed thru the sacred traditions of this Church.
Yes there are allot of people leaving the cc. But we're still expanding not shrinking. I brought up those particular coverts because they are notable ex protestant ministers. And its spreading fast thanks to the information superhighway. People can click twice and hear both sides of the issue. Growing up, you couldn't have done that, youngJG.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#501910 Dec 22, 2013
marge wrote:
And sounds like most agree with Phil.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/22/cra...
I don't really watch reality tv..

Your missing my point. If someone is in a gay relationship, they are sinning. If someone lusts in their heart towards anyone, they are sinning. Ok?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#501911 Dec 22, 2013
marge wrote:
Clay, maybe you should write the paper and set them straight;
http://www.nbcnews.com/
I should, but it wouldn't do any good. I think it was an NBC reporter who was sitting 5 feet from the Pope when he said "who am I to judge" on the plane ride from Brazil. The Pope talked with them for over an hour and went into great detail. They snatched one sentence and threw it on the headlines. We know what he meant. Others with agendas needed him to mean something else. For the liberals, they needed him to mean that Homosexual relationships are ok. For the fundamentals they needed the show how the Pope went against scripture. Neither is correct. Francis was clear as can be to them: homosexual sex is wrong. Homosexual marriage is wrong.

The Pope said he 'won't judge anyone who approaches God with a sincere heart'. This doesn't mean that Homosexual relationships are ok. Comprende?
Now will you apologize for misrepresenting what the Pope meant? Of course you won't. In fact, you'll ignore the truth and continue bearing false witness against him. That's your religion, Marge.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501912 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true in the least. Protestantism started out with one church and it quickly unraveld into 3, 4. 10, 50, 200, and now 40,000. We are on this Earth to become sanctified. How can we accomplish this when we really don't know what is truth? is it sola fide or faith + works?
The Bible says that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. In fact, that's how we ended up with a Bible. It developed thru the sacred traditions of this Church.
Yes there are allot of people leaving the cc. But we're still expanding not shrinking. I brought up those particular coverts because they are notable ex protestant ministers. And its spreading fast thanks to the information superhighway. People can click twice and hear both sides of the issue. Growing up, you couldn't have done that, youngJG.
You, the Roman Catholic church did not give us the Bible. The small "c" catholic, universal, not Roman Catholic capital "C" was given the Bible. Rome, your fraternal thieving brotherhood, stole it in 300 AD, corrupted it with pagan religions of the Roman Empire and your founder Constantine. Not only that, you translated the Bible, originally written in Hebrew and Greek, into Latin. Latin? The language of Rome not the people of God. And in translating the Bible into Latin you corrupted it again. Here is an example. The Bible in its original Greek never said, hail mary, full of grace. This only happened after Jerome corrupted the original Greek text to fit Roman theology.

Finally, we are saved by FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE. Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min get it spelled right 15,516
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 4 min George Justapose 12
Mohamed Noor: GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY 5 min Doctor REALITY 1
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 10 min George Justapose 12
Ryan Prince ♡ R.I.P. 18 min Piston 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Aerobatty 983,071
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min waaasssuuup 619,687
More from around the web